Joy Global brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Joy Global designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Joy Global’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Joy Global's products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
Joy Global, a global industry leader in the supply of heavy equipment for Canada’s booming mining industry, offers strong potential for your career growth. We are currently looking for a Journeyman Welder for our Shop in Fort McMurray. This position will be a full time opportunity working a 7/7 shift schedule.
This position is responsible for performing maintenance, repair and rebuilding of mining equipment. The Heavy Duty Mechanic must be able to diagnose faults or malfunctions and adjust, repair, or replace all defective equipment parts, components or systems serviced at client locations. This requires strong proficiency in reading and interpreting technical manuals relating to manufacturer specifications and warranty environments. In order to ensure that the work done satisfies manufacturer’s specifications, the Heavy Duty Mechanic must:
- Maintenance, service and inspection of equipment to detect faults and malfunctions; test the repaired equipment for proper performance
- Determine the extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision but also participate in the work of other mechanics and apprentices within the field environment.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification is required.
- 3-5 years of mining or construction related experience.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to efficiently diagnose, troubleshoot and repair issues in mechanical systems common to mining and/or construction equipment products.
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive salary and benefit package. Excellent opportunities for professional growth.
Joy Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.