The Joy project is a four year old- and counting- socially inspired art project that aims to connect the world one t-shirt at a time. Featured on The Hour with George Strombolopoulus, The Vinyl Cafe on CBC Radio, My Little Paris and other media outlets, we have amassed a community of participants across 68 countries around the world.
When wearing a Joy T-shirt you are encouraged to think about that person whose portrait is on your t-shirt and how your everyday actions can affect them and the world we live in, because in some way or another we are all connected. Pretty soon, we will be wearing each others’ portraits across the globe! For more information on the project and how it operates, visit our website that is soon to be your creation!
Joy Apparel is in need of a fun, capable and interested intern to develop the project’s online experience. We are a growing organization that is laid back, cherishes good times and has been featured on many media outlets. So if you find that environment appealing and you are looking for an opportunity to build your portfolio; this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
As Joy Apparel’s web designer/developer you will be involved with the technical and graphical aspects of the website - how the new web experience may look and how it would work. We are not the techy programming type, but we love to have fun, so we need help. Therefore, we invite whoever is interested in all aspects of the project- digital marketing, events, t-shirts and so on- to apply!
- Must love t-shirts!
- You must know how to make websites. Knowledge of e-commerce and magneto would be great
- We want you to think big and dream, but be able to actually pursue these dreams- real world compatibility!
- Good graphic design skills and a basic sense of aesthetics would be awesome
- Ability to work in a team environment, and pitch in with ideas whenever possible
- Ability to translate ideas and visions into technical design and development projects
- This is a junior position - but a position that gives you creative freedom. Ideal if you are looking to build your portfolio
- Please note that this is an unpaid internship. BUT you will be part of a small team that shares everything, including our party fund
- Bonus points if you can refer us to a website that you had a part in developing, along with a short description of what your role was.
Looking forward to hearing from you!