Journeys Employee Reviews

The worst job I have ever worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 October 2016
Very disorganized, didn't pay me for "training days", very confusing schedule, made me feel bad for asking questions.
Pros
discount
Cons
bad management, disorganized, low pay
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 September 2016
I love working there, great staff, great discount, great everything. Everyone gets everything done perfectly. I just wish I got more hours there.
Pros
Amazing Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2016
It is a very good environment, good people to work with, fun place to be. It feels like home and big family.
i learned a lot about sales, and team work.
Management was a little bit harsh.
co workers are friendly and supportive.
hardest part is re arranging the shoes.
most good part is fun time.
awesome
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2016
having as much fun while working and getting to talk to customers, interacting with customers getting them to purchase shoes,
ive lean red how to be more personable
my co-workers are very down to earth and easy to work with
Pros
chill environment
Cons
short shifts
Fantastic workplace with fantastic people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 August 2016
I've only worked at Journey's for a few weeks now and I adore this job. i get 40% off as an employee discount and management has been nothing short of amazing, they've helped me learn everything really quickly and never have an issue helping me find something in the back or assisting me with anything else I ask about they are truly some of the best employers I've ever had
Pros
40% discount on things, fantastic management, great atmosphere
Cons
short shifts when the hours arent there
Very Fun Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2016
Everyday was not only fun and exciting. But it helped you gain confidence in being your true self. No one judged you and nobody didn't go against you. It was focused on a lot on team building because everyone got along.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fun workplace, everyone is like a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 August 2016
I absolutely love my job at Journeys. Everyone there is like a family and I couldn't be happier with my job there. I applied as a seasonal employee and now I am permanent. No compaints
Pros
Amazing team
Cons
No commission
Productive and sales driven environment
Retail Sales Associate- Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 July 2016
On a regular day my responsibilities consist of: counting tills, hitting sales goals, managing staff, fulfillment of orders and making sure I keep all company values in mind at all times.
Lots of great product to sort and experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 March 2016
Loved working with all the merchandise that I enjoy wearing it kept me up to date with what was new and what was in style. Lots of hard work that I enjoyed.
Wonderful place to work, all staff are easy and a joy to work with!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 February 2016
All employees are great to work with, no matter who's working there's a rhythm that everyone falls into. It's a great work environment and its like having a home away from home.
Great environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Scarborough Ontario17 February 2016
A typical day at work would mostly include helping customers find their desired shoes for either themselves or someone they were shopping for. Not only would it be customer relations due to the fact that I am a manager so it also involves processing shoes that are being sent in and out of the store as well as managing a staff while doing these tasks. I have learned how to manage time appropriately as well as delicate tasks to associates while managing to help customers as well as do my own daily tasks. Organization has also been a key part in my position due to so many events transpiring at once. However, even though it may become a very stressful situation my staff has a wonderful energy that allows for my spirits to be constantly raised as we are not just co-workers but rather a family. The hardest part of the jobs would be the long hours due to the fact that management is not only expected but encouraged to work fifty or more hours per week. The most enjoyable part of this particular job is being able to help customers get exactly what they were looking for and seeing how a simple transaction can make their entire day.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Overtime
Interactive and Welcoming environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2016
Working at Journeys was the highlight of a day. It was very enjoyable going to work and being able to sell our product, while having fun. In Mississauga the management was amazing and we were able to communicate our problems in a safe environment without worrying if it'll cost us in anyway related to our job. In Ottawa unfortunately that wasn't the case, management was not able to effectively communicate in a safe environment, it felt like we had to watch what we said in fear of if negatively affecting our job. My coworkers were amazing, very outgoing and caring, they were always there to support you in any situation. The hardest part of the job would be communicating with an unhappy customer, more often then not they don't want to hear you out. However eventually we are able to find a middle ground that makes everyone happy and that was the best part of the job, improving someones mood.
Fun and professional workplace
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 December 2015
As the assistant manager, assisting customers with their needs and wants in a timely and friendly matter were very important. The team I worked with was fantastic. We worked together to up sell customers, make sure customers were aware of sales, or deals that we had going on, make sure the store was in perfect shape etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the hands on part. I love creating relationships with customers and really taking interest in what they were purchasing. The hardest part of my job was having to be honest with customers about certain products, yet having to do my job properly in making sure my selling techniques were appropriate. If I learned anything working retail, it's that patience is key.
Pros
Rewarded for our selling techniques, noticed for our accomplishments.
Cons
Pays according to job title
Unorganized and terrible hours
Sales associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2015
Commission based. Unorganized and mostly on call hours. When hired they did not tell me it was commission based and I was told I would get a certain amount of hours and they have not met that at all and I just need a second job or a job with enough hours in order to meet my needs.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
no hours
Fun environment with positive staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie Ontario22 October 2015
Great place for a part time job very friendly staff with plenty of ways to advance or be rewarded within the company. With new and exciting ways to promote sales and staff giveaways.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Strict sales regulations
TERRIBLE COMPANY
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 October 2015
if you would like to have your money stolen, be talked down on, THEN THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU, management sucks, Pay makes no sense. Just do not work here. You have to make a goal before the end of your shift which is highly unrealistic (700-1,500 a shift) and if you dont make said goal (which no one does, except managers who give out discounts) then you get fired. Simple as that.
Pros
discount
Cons
EVERYTHING
Productive positive work place
PART-TIME SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario22 September 2015
Journeys was a wonderful establishment to work with. The employees were friendly and positive and were always willing to lend a helping hand. I learned how to manage a cash register, basic customer service as well as how to interact with customers and assist them with their shopping. At first, the most difficult part of the job was interacting with customers, but by the end of my time spent working there, it became the most enjoyable part of working.
Pros
Discount on all merchandise in the store
Cons
Getting called in to work last minute
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montreal12 June 2015
I love my job. It's a great environment. It's a fun, respectable place to work at. The type of job you'll never get tired of.
Fast paced, engaging and challenging place where I have freedom of self expression
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth15 May 2015
Journeys was great for a number of reasons: it was my first "real" job, the staff were all fantastic, I liked the small environment, I sold brands that I personally wore and endorsed, and I could really be myself. The clientele that Journeys attracted was a community that I was more than happy to work with (namely young adults) however the surprise older or child guests were challenging but nonetheless welcomed. Journeys is a small, fast paced environment with a high standard of customer service, and I was great member of the team.
Pros
Staff discount, great team, good music, casual dress code
Cons
Limited shifts, late nights, sore feet
productive and fun work place
Shoe Salesman, Stock (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 May 2015
At Journeys, they pride themselves on being different and hiring based on personality and work ethic rather than looks. this is a big deal for a retail company because most rely so much on appearance. At Journeys the management team is awesome and fun and everyone is constantly working hard because there are so many incentives and small competitions that go on within the company that make it impossible to not enjoy work and the family and friends you meet within the workplace there.
Pros
40% off everything
Cons
Not a lot of hours to work