Journeys Employee Reviews

Great environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Scarborough Ontario17 February 2016
A typical day at work would mostly include helping customers find their desired shoes for either themselves or someone they were shopping for. Not only would it be customer relations due to the fact that I am a manager so it also involves processing shoes that are being sent in and out of the store as well as managing a staff while doing these tasks. I have learned how to manage time appropriately as well as delicate tasks to associates while managing to help customers as well as do my own daily tasks. Organization has also been a key part in my position due to so many events transpiring at once. However, even though it may become a very stressful situation my staff has a wonderful energy that allows for my spirits to be constantly raised as we are not just co-workers but rather a family. The hardest part of the jobs would be the long hours due to the fact that management is not only expected but encouraged to work fifty or more hours per week. The most enjoyable part of this particular job is being able to help customers get exactly what they were looking for and seeing how a simple transaction can make their entire day.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Overtime
Fantastic workplace with fantastic people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 August 2016
I've only worked at Journey's for a few weeks now and I adore this job. i get 40% off as an employee discount and management has been nothing short of amazing, they've helped me learn everything really quickly and never have an issue helping me find something in the back or assisting me with anything else I ask about they are truly some of the best employers I've ever had
Pros
40% discount on things, fantastic management, great atmosphere
Cons
short shifts when the hours arent there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 December 2016
Great people to work with. The store is always busy and keeps you busy (but not too busy). Management is very good with training and always willing to help you out with any thing you might need.
Pros
great work environment, very supportive staff
Cons
could get a bit hectic at times
The worst job I have ever worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 October 2016
Very disorganized, didn't pay me for "training days", very confusing schedule, made me feel bad for asking questions.
Pros
discount
Cons
bad management, disorganized, low pay
Fun place to work
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2016
It is a very good environment, good people to work with, fun place to be. It feels like home and big family.
i learned a lot about sales, and team work.
Management was a little bit harsh.
co workers are friendly and supportive.
hardest part is re arranging the shoes.
most good part is fun time.
Fast pace Wokring Environment, where Question could be Asked freely
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview, AB20 July 2016
From working in retail, I learned a lot and really enjoyed talking to different people being the inter and interpersonal person i am. Although, the workplace became quite difficult in further date to when i was working; change of some people's personalities. Quite proud of learning many different thing's when working in Retail and dealing with different costumers.
Pros
Talking to different people, learning, and earning pay that i worked for
Cons
the feeling of being blammed for things i couldn't of done, from only working on the weekends
Very Fun Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2016
Everyday was not only fun and exciting. But it helped you gain confidence in being your true self. No one judged you and nobody didn't go against you. It was focused on a lot on team building because everyone got along.
Pros
Free lunches
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 September 2016
I love working there, great staff, great discount, great everything. Everyone gets everything done perfectly. I just wish I got more hours there.
Pros
Amazing Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
awesome
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2016
having as much fun while working and getting to talk to customers, interacting with customers getting them to purchase shoes,
ive lean red how to be more personable
my co-workers are very down to earth and easy to work with
Pros
chill environment
Cons
short shifts
Fun workplace, everyone is like a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 August 2016
I absolutely love my job at Journeys. Everyone there is like a family and I couldn't be happier with my job there. I applied as a seasonal employee and now I am permanent. No compaints
Pros
Amazing team
Cons
No commission
Productive and sales driven environment
Retail Sales Associate- Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 July 2016
On a regular day my responsibilities consist of: counting tills, hitting sales goals, managing staff, fulfillment of orders and making sure I keep all company values in mind at all times.
Interactive and Welcoming environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2016
Working at Journeys was the highlight of a day. It was very enjoyable going to work and being able to sell our product, while having fun. In Mississauga the management was amazing and we were able to communicate our problems in a safe environment without worrying if it'll cost us in anyway related to our job. In Ottawa unfortunately that wasn't the case, management was not able to effectively communicate in a safe environment, it felt like we had to watch what we said in fear of if negatively affecting our job. My coworkers were amazing, very outgoing and caring, they were always there to support you in any situation. The hardest part of the job would be communicating with an unhappy customer, more often then not they don't want to hear you out. However eventually we are able to find a middle ground that makes everyone happy and that was the best part of the job, improving someones mood.
Fun, out going work place!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON9 June 2013
Journeys is a great company when it comes to keeping managers and staff motivated with fun challenges and out door activities, that involves everyone.
They are a very diverse company and are willing to give everyone a chance.
The over all mission and goals of the company are great if i was to say anything they should change would be the salary/benefits.
Pros
monthly bonus
Cons
low pay/long hours
Fun and professional workplace
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 December 2015
As the assistant manager, assisting customers with their needs and wants in a timely and friendly matter were very important. The team I worked with was fantastic. We worked together to up sell customers, make sure customers were aware of sales, or deals that we had going on, make sure the store was in perfect shape etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the hands on part. I love creating relationships with customers and really taking interest in what they were purchasing. The hardest part of my job was having to be honest with customers about certain products, yet having to do my job properly in making sure my selling techniques were appropriate. If I learned anything working retail, it's that patience is key.
Pros
Rewarded for our selling techniques, noticed for our accomplishments.
Cons
Pays according to job title
TERRIBLE COMPANY
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 October 2015
if you would like to have your money stolen, be talked down on, THEN THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU, management sucks, Pay makes no sense. Just do not work here. You have to make a goal before the end of your shift which is highly unrealistic (700-1,500 a shift) and if you dont make said goal (which no one does, except managers who give out discounts) then you get fired. Simple as that.
Pros
discount
Cons
EVERYTHING
Unorganized and terrible hours
Sales associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2015
Commission based. Unorganized and mostly on call hours. When hired they did not tell me it was commission based and I was told I would get a certain amount of hours and they have not met that at all and I just need a second job or a job with enough hours in order to meet my needs.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
no hours
Lots of great product to sort and experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 March 2016
Loved working with all the merchandise that I enjoy wearing it kept me up to date with what was new and what was in style. Lots of hard work that I enjoyed.
Great workplace and team, always on our toes
Co-Manager of Mapleview Mall location (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 January 2013
We have a great team at Journeys. I think in a workplace that is very important. I enjoy leading my team, and helping them with different Sales Marketing strategies that will help us improve. The key thing about success in my mind, is strong management. With strong management, it pushes the team to be the best they can be, and we all want to work harder. Journeys is a positive environment. I enjoy dealing with customers, and meeting new people everyday. Some customers can be tricky, but those are my favourite ones. I like a challenge, and pushing myself to achieve goals in my day to day life.
Pros
discount on shoes, meeting new people
Cons
working in the mall
Wonderful place to work, all staff are easy and a joy to work with!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 February 2016
All employees are great to work with, no matter who's working there's a rhythm that everyone falls into. It's a great work environment and its like having a home away from home.
Productive positive work place
PART-TIME SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario22 September 2015
Journeys was a wonderful establishment to work with. The employees were friendly and positive and were always willing to lend a helping hand. I learned how to manage a cash register, basic customer service as well as how to interact with customers and assist them with their shopping. At first, the most difficult part of the job was interacting with customers, but by the end of my time spent working there, it became the most enjoyable part of working.
Pros
Discount on all merchandise in the store
Cons
Getting called in to work last minute