Journeys

Journeys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, Nova ScotiaSeptember 21, 2014
you learn a lot from this job, like how to work as a team and be a good team member
Fun enviroment
Key Holder (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 31, 2014
Journeys has a great work environment and a fun atmosphere. Typical day consists of selling shoes and listening to music on the dvd.
great way to meet new people
Key Holder (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 25, 2014
I enjoy working in the customer service field for the reason that I meet new people every day
Productive workplace, friendly co-workers, friendly customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), DartmouthApril 28, 2014
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: not enough hours available
Journey's is a place where everyone can be their own person, let your personality shine while helping others find their perfect fit. It is simply a place where customers become your friends, we get to know our customers on a personal level to create an unforgettable experience. A typical day of work consists of helping customers find the perfect shoe they've been looking for, running drag, shifting stock in the back room and filling display shoes. Our management is great, they take the time to make sure their part-timers are feeling comfortable with the work environment, they are open to suggestions and improvements and are easy to approach with any issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with each customer and getting to know each one of them. I get to meet so many great and friendly people everyday, and because I meet new people every time at work, I continuously learn new ways to interact with people. The hardest part of the job is stock shifting, it is physically demanding as I move stacks of heavy boxes up and down ladders for hours. However that being said, I still enjoy every aspect of my job. I'm always learning and that's the most rewarding thing to me about my job.
Positive work environment, Great culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing really
Typical day at work would have been coffee at the start, any stock need organizing, do that. Didn't learn much,retail isn't very hard. management was good, co-workers were nice and friendly, hardest part of the job, and this is nit picking, was when my hands would get super dry from handle cardboard from new stock. it was all pretty enjoyable
Fun, out going work place!
Manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 9, 2013
Pros: monthly bonus
Cons: low pay/long hours
Journeys is a great company when it comes to keeping managers and staff motivated with fun challenges and out door activities, that involves everyone.
They are a very diverse company and are willing to give everyone a chance.
The over all mission and goals of the company are great if i was to say anything they should change would be the salary/benefits.
Great People To Work With
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers
My co-workers, and communicating with customers were the only exciting part about working for this company. Though my manager was excellent and treated us with respect the polices of the company itself are flawed.
I really enjoy working there.
Stock Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: the staff are great
Cons: not enough hours
Typically I receive and shelve stock on a weekly basis. I learned how to work the sku system and how to work really fast because we get a lot of stock. The hardest part would definitely be that it's very physically demanding, but I don't mind. My co-workers and management are absolutely amazing; great people. My favorite part is that it's all run by young people!
Great workplace and team, always on our toes
Co-Manager of Mapleview Mall location (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: discount on shoes, meeting new people
Cons: working in the mall
We have a great team at Journeys. I think in a workplace that is very important. I enjoy leading my team, and helping them with different Sales Marketing strategies that will help us improve. The key thing about success in my mind, is strong management. With strong management, it pushes the team to be the best they can be, and we all want to work harder. Journeys is a positive environment. I enjoy dealing with customers, and meeting new people everyday. Some customers can be tricky, but those are my favourite ones. I like a challenge, and pushing myself to achieve goals in my day to day life.
Very productive and exciting,family-type environment.
Part time staff - Fashion Centre (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: lots of fun
Cons: minimum wage job
A typical day at work may start slow, but as the day progresses people start to come in and workers have lots of energy. The managers are very down to earth but very stern about the work, which is the perfect way to be. Co-workers are very nice to each other. At Journeys, I learned to have a open mind and how to interact with different people of different ages and different cultures.Best part of the job is everything, perfect environment. hardest part about the job is knowing that your having a ball at work for only $7.50/hr.
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Bridgeport, WVJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 40% off shoes
Cons: a little unorganized with work schedule
Working at journeys taught me a lot of social skills and communication skills. Interacting with new people everyday and becoming close to co-workers was always interesting and fun. My favorite part was the customers and co-workers I have met there.
Ideal job for teenager to gain experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: outgoing co-workers
Cons: lots of overnight without extra pay, low salary, asked to be pushy towards customers
Journey's staff are down to earth and are helpful and willing to help you grow. What was most difficult about the job is being asked to persuade customers to purchase items such as socks and accessories after already having asked the customer and having to work multiply overnight shifts to reach certain deadlines or maintain the stockroom and then not being paid overtime as a part-timer. Overall the company is a great place for a teenager to start up working and gain experience and meet a diverse crowd of people.
NA
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 18, 2015
not interested in working here. dont reccomend to anyone. Mangement and the company is not great
Horrible
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2015
VERY fast turnover so great to learn management skill and prove yourself, horrible district management and zero support.
Co-manager (Current Employee), Grapevine Mills, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great discount.
Cons: having only one day off a week.
Typical day I either open or close. Doing the proper paper work that is required. Shipping out product to customers or to other stores, helping customers. Learned how to do many skills that only managers are able to perform. Co-workers are all easy to get along with have had no problem with them. The hardest part is all the hours I have to work.
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE - ASSISTANT MANAGER - MANAGER (Former Employee), Cambridge, MaJanuary 16, 2015
a typical day at work began with the morning paperwork, counting and clearing the drawers before opening, making sure the floor is prepared and clean, checking inventory to see what we need , and also receiving the shipments of new shoes in....and lots of sales

I learned how to keep track of over 4000 pairs of sneakers and shoes, and how to do bank drops

management was great and there was a vast amount of opportunity for advancement in the company.

the hardest part of the job was making sure everyone did their jobs individually

the most enjoyable aspect is the hours and the atmosphere at work
Managerial duties along with stellar sales/customer service.
Asst. Manager, Merchandiser (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Learning the way to most efficiently schedule, motivate, and organize employees was the key aspect of my success at this position. Boosting sales and promotions in my location to higher than ever.
Great Work Experience
Sale associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: shoe discounts
Cons: long hours at times
I enjoyed working Hard and with People on a Daily Basis
Style the Store and Manage the Store at a Great Rate Coworkers were great and easy and Fun to work with at all times Hardest Part was stock room but at times could be the funnest part. I learned alot about working on commission while there and about management and dealing with unhappy and bipolar customers
loved working here
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: the co workers were fun to work with.
lets see i loved being the key holder , coming and opening in the morning , and helping all my customers out and having the satisfied.
I enjoyed working at Journeys.
Sales Associate- Part Time (Former Employee), Findlay Village MallDecember 17, 2014
Pros: discount, friendliness, culture
Cons: healthcare, few hours, management
Journeys was a really fun place to work. I got to meet a lot of new people, and the discount was a huge plus. The only issues I had with working there was that management was a bit scattered, and that i had such a long commute to work. Work days were only 4 hours long and at most I only worked 8 hours a week. I didn't like that. I enjoy working and like to be there as much as possible.

1 2 3 4 5

About Journeys

Genesco's sole concern is nicely capped off, to boot (so to speak). It sells casual and dress footwear, headwear, and sports apparel through more – Read more

Journeys Photos