Journeys

Journeys Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, Nova ScotiaSeptember 21, 2014
you learn a lot from this job, like how to work as a team and be a good team member
Fun enviroment
Key Holder (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 31, 2014
Journeys has a great work environment and a fun atmosphere. Typical day consists of selling shoes and listening to music on the dvd.
great way to meet new people
Key Holder (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 25, 2014
I enjoy working in the customer service field for the reason that I meet new people every day
Productive workplace, friendly co-workers, friendly customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), DartmouthApril 28, 2014
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: not enough hours available
Journey's is a place where everyone can be their own person, let your personality shine while helping others find their perfect fit. It is simply a place where customers become your friends, we get to know our customers on a personal level to create an unforgettable experience. A typical day of work consists of helping customers find the perfect shoe they've been looking for, running drag, shifting stock in the back room and filling display shoes. Our management is great, they take the time to make sure their part-timers are feeling comfortable with the work environment, they are open to suggestions and improvements and are easy to approach with any issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with each customer and getting to know each one of them. I get to meet so many great and friendly people everyday, and because I meet new people every time at work, I continuously learn new ways to interact with people. The hardest part of the job is stock shifting, it is physically demanding as I move stacks of heavy boxes up and down ladders for hours. However that being said, I still enjoy every aspect of my job. I'm always learning and that's the most rewarding thing to me about my job.
Positive work environment, Great culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing really
Typical day at work would have been coffee at the start, any stock need organizing, do that. Didn't learn much,retail isn't very hard. management was good, co-workers were nice and friendly, hardest part of the job, and this is nit picking, was when my hands would get super dry from handle cardboard from new stock. it was all pretty enjoyable
Fun, out going work place!
Manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 9, 2013
Pros: monthly bonus
Cons: low pay/long hours
Journeys is a great company when it comes to keeping managers and staff motivated with fun challenges and out door activities, that involves everyone.
They are a very diverse company and are willing to give everyone a chance.
The over all mission and goals of the company are great if i was to say anything they should change would be the salary/benefits.
Great People To Work With
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers
My co-workers, and communicating with customers were the only exciting part about working for this company. Though my manager was excellent and treated us with respect the polices of the company itself are flawed.
I really enjoy working there.
Stock Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: the staff are great
Cons: not enough hours
Typically I receive and shelve stock on a weekly basis. I learned how to work the sku system and how to work really fast because we get a lot of stock. The hardest part would definitely be that it's very physically demanding, but I don't mind. My co-workers and management are absolutely amazing; great people. My favorite part is that it's all run by young people!
Great workplace and team, always on our toes
Co-Manager of Mapleview Mall location (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: discount on shoes, meeting new people
Cons: working in the mall
We have a great team at Journeys. I think in a workplace that is very important. I enjoy leading my team, and helping them with different Sales Marketing strategies that will help us improve. The key thing about success in my mind, is strong management. With strong management, it pushes the team to be the best they can be, and we all want to work harder. Journeys is a positive environment. I enjoy dealing with customers, and meeting new people everyday. Some customers can be tricky, but those are my favourite ones. I like a challenge, and pushing myself to achieve goals in my day to day life.

About Journeys

Genesco's sole concern is nicely capped off, to boot (so to speak). It sells casual and dress footwear, headwear, and sports apparel through more – Read more

Journeys Photos