Journeys Employee Reviews

Fun, Challenging and Supportive!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 July 2017
I've worked for Journeys for over 5 years and joining this company was the best decision I ever made. Every company says they care about their employees, but never show it....Except Journeys....The support and guidance that we get every day is amazing! The daily expectations are high, but everyone in the company no matter how high up will do anything to listen and help us succeed. I'm proud of the Journeys culture and am a proud employee!
Pros
Supportive environment, Great Rewards, Free Shoes, Fun Atmosphere
fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 June 2017
Working at journeys is always enjoyable. They value individualism and are welcoming to everyone. Working there has thought me so much as it is my first job in retail. I enjoy every shift I work.
Great place to work.
Competitive Retail Sales Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 May 2017
It was definitely a great place to work. I loved being a part on the management team and interacting with all the customers and helping them find what they're looking for.
Well organized and very easy system to use, Great product as well.
Fun and Skillful work place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 May 2017
Journeys is a great place to work, learning new sales techniques and meeting new people is the highlight. The coworkers are very nice and welcoming, the managers are respectful and hardworking.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
short hours
great place of employment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 May 2017
great everyday working places
hardest part would be learning and studying the stock room
most enjoyable time there would be working with new people and learning new things
Nice workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2017
The management were quite friendly and were willing to teach the new hires on how to sell items. The day was a lax, as not many people come to the store, though there were a few people coming in to browse. The hardest part was to wait until some people came over to check the store's goods.
Pros
Nice music and friendly atomosphere
Cons
Unstable amount of people
Fun, Lively, and warm environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
One of my favourite places to work, great team-based environment! The staff is oriented in working together and are always willing to help out if necessary.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 April 2017
everyone to work with is relatable as well as the various things an individual can lean about running a store, bringing in customers and functioning an individual business
Pros
good management
Cons
things to do
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
Journeys Chinook was a very exciting and fun place to work. management is fantastic and they really care about their employees. Learned alot about dealing with all different kinds of people and how to provide a very good customer service expeirience.
Easy and fulfilling job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2017
Journeys staff is very social and nice to be around. The hours were more than reasonable and applying for more hours was easy. The work was never complicated and there was always something to do.
Pros
Healthy and pleasant enviornment
Cons
A lot of time on your feet
Fun workplace, young staff, flexible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 March 2017
Minimum wage, very flexible, management and staff quite young. Could use more mature management. Overall a good part-time job for those who wish to work very minimal hours, not a good job for those who need to make a living.
Pros
Flexibility
Not happy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 March 2017
I was offered a management position after a co-manager resigned. I verbally took the job. The next day I walked in and was told that since the co-manager changed his mind the job was no longer available to me
Pros
fun environment
Cons
don't follow through on job offers
Amazing company as a customer, as an employee not so much.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 March 2017
Borderline human rights issues, unprofessional management, uncomfortable environment. Issues in many Canadian stores, tho American stores Excell well.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No hrs, bad scheduling
Fun and Casual
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
This store really does do a good job of promoting youth culture. The environment is friendly and you are allowed to wear what you want. Management was a bit disorganized at times, however I loved working here regardless.
Pros
40% off
Cons
Not many hours
Pay isn't enough
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
Got promoted to an assistant manager position, but instead of a raise from going from part-time to assistant I was put on commission with a base pay of $150 a week. Working on commission while having to perform manager duties makes for small paychecks equal to working less than minimum wage more than half the time.
Other than that the company is good.
Pros
40% discount on shoes
Cons
40-50 hrs of work a week with insuffient pay
Fun, Interesting Environment for Short-term
Co-Manager/Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 January 2017
Journeys is a wonderful company to work for at store level, if you're interested in short-term work. There is definitely room for advancement within the company, if you show the initiative. There are also great perks (including 40% discount, free shoes during the year for managers and co-managers, sales contests, etc.). However, for co-managers and managers, pay scale is almost completely commission based, making certain times during the year more difficult than others to make decent wages. If you have the drive to succeed, you will be rewarded.
Pros
Free shoes, great discount, work community is wonderful
Cons
Commision-based, making it difficult for consistent pay at certain times of year
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 December 2016
Great people to work with. The store is always busy and keeps you busy (but not too busy). Management is very good with training and always willing to help you out with any thing you might need.
Pros
great work environment, very supportive staff
Cons
could get a bit hectic at times
great merchandise
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 December 2016
A fun evironment
great merchandise
I learned to stock, order and process special requests and perform excellent product knowledge and customer service.
The worst job I have ever worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 October 2016
Very disorganized, didn't pay me for "training days", very confusing schedule, made me feel bad for asking questions.
Pros
discount
Cons
bad management, disorganized, low pay
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 September 2016
I love working there, great staff, great discount, great everything. Everyone gets everything done perfectly. I just wish I got more hours there.
Pros
Amazing Staff
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.