Journeys

Journeys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and professional workplace
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Rewarded for our selling techniques, noticed for our accomplishments.
Cons: Pays according to job title
As the assistant manager, assisting customers with their needs and wants in a timely and friendly matter were very important. The team I worked with was fantastic. We worked together to up sell customers, make sure customers were aware of sales, or deals that we had going on, make sure the store was in perfect shape etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the hands on part. I love creating relationships with customers and really taking interest in what they were purchasing. The hardest part of my job was having to be honest with customers about certain products, yet having to do my job properly in making sure my selling techniques were appropriate. If I learned anything working retail, it's that patience is key.
Unorganized and terrible hours
Sales associate - Retail (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Good discount
Cons: no hours
Commission based. Unorganized and mostly on call hours. When hired they did not tell me it was commission based and I was told I would get a certain amount of hours and they have not met that at all and I just need a second job or a job with enough hours in order to meet my needs.
TERRIBLE COMPANY
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 6, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: EVERYTHING
if you would like to have your money stolen, be talked down on, THEN THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU, management sucks, Pay makes no sense. Just do not work here. You have to make a goal before the end of your shift which is highly unrealistic (700-1,500 a shift) and if you dont make said goal (which no one does, except managers who give out discounts) then you get fired. Simple as that.
Productive positive work place
PART-TIME SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Discount on all merchandise in the store
Cons: Getting called in to work last minute
Journeys was a wonderful establishment to work with. The employees were friendly and positive and were always willing to lend a helping hand. I learned how to manage a cash register, basic customer service as well as how to interact with customers and assist them with their shopping. At first, the most difficult part of the job was interacting with customers, but by the end of my time spent working there, it became the most enjoyable part of working.
Fast paced, engaging and challenging place where I have freedom of self expression
Sales Associate (Former Employee), DartmouthMay 15, 2015
Pros: Staff discount, great team, good music, casual dress code
Cons: Limited shifts, late nights, sore feet
Journeys was great for a number of reasons: it was my first "real" job, the staff were all fantastic, I liked the small environment, I sold brands that I personally wore and endorsed, and I could really be myself. The clientele that Journeys attracted was a community that I was more than happy to work with (namely young adults) however the surprise older or child guests were challenging but nonetheless welcomed. Journeys is a small, fast paced environment with a high standard of customer service, and I was great member of the team.
productive and fun work place
Shoe Salesman, Stock (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: 40% off everything
Cons: Not a lot of hours to work
At Journeys, they pride themselves on being different and hiring based on personality and work ethic rather than looks. this is a big deal for a retail company because most rely so much on appearance. At Journeys the management team is awesome and fun and everyone is constantly working hard because there are so many incentives and small competitions that go on within the company that make it impossible to not enjoy work and the family and friends you meet within the workplace there.
My day at Journeys
Sales Associate & Stock (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: shoe discount
Cons: the four shoe rule
- A typical day at Journeys for me was putting away shoes.

- What I learned was how to Receive stock and to work in a fast paced environment.

- Management was Awesome.

- Co-Workers was Awesome.
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, Nova ScotiaSeptember 21, 2014
you learn a lot from this job, like how to work as a team and be a good team member
Fun enviroment
Key Holder (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 31, 2014
Journeys has a great work environment and a fun atmosphere. Typical day consists of selling shoes and listening to music on the dvd.
great way to meet new people
Key Holder (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 25, 2014
I enjoy working in the customer service field for the reason that I meet new people every day
Productive workplace, friendly co-workers, friendly customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), DartmouthApril 28, 2014
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: not enough hours available
Journey's is a place where everyone can be their own person, let your personality shine while helping others find their perfect fit. It is simply a place where customers become your friends, we get to know our customers on a personal level to create an unforgettable experience. A typical day of work consists of helping customers find the perfect shoe they've been looking for, running drag, shifting stock in the back room and filling display shoes. Our management is great, they take the time to make sure their part-timers are feeling comfortable with the work environment, they are open to suggestions and improvements and are easy to approach with any issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with each customer and getting to know each one of them. I get to meet so many great and friendly people everyday, and because I meet new people every time at work, I continuously learn new ways to interact with people. The hardest part of the job is stock shifting, it is physically demanding as I move stacks of heavy boxes up and down ladders for hours. However that being said, I still enjoy every aspect of my job. I'm always learning and that's the most rewarding thing to me about my job.
Positive work environment, Great culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing really
Typical day at work would have been coffee at the start, any stock need organizing, do that. Didn't learn much,retail isn't very hard. management was good, co-workers were nice and friendly, hardest part of the job, and this is nit picking, was when my hands would get super dry from handle cardboard from new stock. it was all pretty enjoyable
Fun, out going work place!
Manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 9, 2013
Pros: monthly bonus
Cons: low pay/long hours
Journeys is a great company when it comes to keeping managers and staff motivated with fun challenges and out door activities, that involves everyone.
They are a very diverse company and are willing to give everyone a chance.
The over all mission and goals of the company are great if i was to say anything they should change would be the salary/benefits.
Great People To Work With
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers
My co-workers, and communicating with customers were the only exciting part about working for this company. Though my manager was excellent and treated us with respect the polices of the company itself are flawed.
I really enjoy working there.
Stock Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: the staff are great
Cons: not enough hours
Typically I receive and shelve stock on a weekly basis. I learned how to work the sku system and how to work really fast because we get a lot of stock. The hardest part would definitely be that it's very physically demanding, but I don't mind. My co-workers and management are absolutely amazing; great people. My favorite part is that it's all run by young people!
Great workplace and team, always on our toes
Co-Manager of Mapleview Mall location (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: discount on shoes, meeting new people
Cons: working in the mall
We have a great team at Journeys. I think in a workplace that is very important. I enjoy leading my team, and helping them with different Sales Marketing strategies that will help us improve. The key thing about success in my mind, is strong management. With strong management, it pushes the team to be the best they can be, and we all want to work harder. Journeys is a positive environment. I enjoy dealing with customers, and meeting new people everyday. Some customers can be tricky, but those are my favourite ones. I like a challenge, and pushing myself to achieve goals in my day to day life.