Journeys Employee Reviews

Fun place bad bad hours and too much pressure on selling socks
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 October 2017
8 hours or less, youll never get an 8 hour shift. If someone doesnt buy socks or multiple pairs of shoes thats personally your fault some how. Peoplr are fun but distric managers and higher are terrible
Pros
Its fun and the people are nice, higher ups are the problem
Cons
People higher in the district have no comapssion or understaning for the people workng for them
loved the people i worked with in store, not outwards
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 October 2017
Was not supported by my district manager, and training wasn't very in depth so I felt very separated, especially when my district manager spread rumors about me to my staff and constantly put me down instead of constructively criticizing me and aiding in ways to better myself and my store's growth.
Pros
40% off shoes!!!
Cons
my co manager quit and i had no support and worked every day almost 12 hours.
Super chill but no hours
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2017
The management wasn't very welcoming to so I felt out of place and I was only there for a little over a month because it was too awkward and boring not talking to any of your co-workers and always being left alone in the store waiting for customers while the management went in the back and talked and sat down and had snacks...
Pros
Chill job
Cons
No hours...
Not reccomended
Co-manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 September 2017
The company as far as culture is great, however the management is not supportive and there is alot of politics that take away from the job. Some instances with this job i felt as though i was being forced to fight for my job because of who i was hired by vs who currently works there.
Pros
great customers and product
Cons
porr management and mediocre pay
Chill and fun workplace
Part time employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 September 2017
It's usually not very busy. A day consists of helping customes, places orders and cleaning up the area. I've learned many skills that include learning how to sell products to customers and learning about the retail world. The hardest part of working at Journeys was making sale goal for the particular day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with a wide variety of different customers.
Pros
talking to customers
Cons
hard to make sale goals
about work
Cashier and salesperson (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB31 August 2017
A day at journeys isn't as easy as people think but it is a great place to work. They are all kind and very helpful there and wouldn't leave you hanging if you ever needed help.
Fun, Challenging and Supportive!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 July 2017
I've worked for Journeys for over 5 years and joining this company was the best decision I ever made. Every company says they care about their employees, but never show it....Except Journeys....The support and guidance that we get every day is amazing! The daily expectations are high, but everyone in the company no matter how high up will do anything to listen and help us succeed. I'm proud of the Journeys culture and am a proud employee!
Pros
Supportive environment, Great Rewards, Free Shoes, Fun Atmosphere
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 July 2017
Journeys is a unique store that allows and attracts different individuals from everywhere to come and explore the shoes and items we have in the store. Being in a mall makes it for a unique experience.
fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 June 2017
Working at journeys is always enjoyable. They value individualism and are welcoming to everyone. Working there has thought me so much as it is my first job in retail. I enjoy every shift I work.
Great place to work.
Competitive Retail Sales Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 May 2017
It was definitely a great place to work. I loved being a part on the management team and interacting with all the customers and helping them find what they're looking for.
Well organized and very easy system to use, Great product as well.
Fun and Skillful work place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 May 2017
Journeys is a great place to work, learning new sales techniques and meeting new people is the highlight. The coworkers are very nice and welcoming, the managers are respectful and hardworking.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
short hours
great place of employment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 May 2017
great everyday working places
hardest part would be learning and studying the stock room
most enjoyable time there would be working with new people and learning new things
Nice workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2017
The management were quite friendly and were willing to teach the new hires on how to sell items. The day was a lax, as not many people come to the store, though there were a few people coming in to browse. The hardest part was to wait until some people came over to check the store's goods.
Pros
Nice music and friendly atomosphere
Cons
Unstable amount of people
Fun, Lively, and warm environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
One of my favourite places to work, great team-based environment! The staff is oriented in working together and are always willing to help out if necessary.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 April 2017
everyone to work with is relatable as well as the various things an individual can lean about running a store, bringing in customers and functioning an individual business
Pros
good management
Cons
things to do
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
Journeys Chinook was a very exciting and fun place to work. management is fantastic and they really care about their employees. Learned alot about dealing with all different kinds of people and how to provide a very good customer service expeirience.
Easy and fulfilling job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2017
Journeys staff is very social and nice to be around. The hours were more than reasonable and applying for more hours was easy. The work was never complicated and there was always something to do.
Pros
Healthy and pleasant enviornment
Cons
A lot of time on your feet
Fun workplace, young staff, flexible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 March 2017
Minimum wage, very flexible, management and staff quite young. Could use more mature management. Overall a good part-time job for those who wish to work very minimal hours, not a good job for those who need to make a living.
Pros
Flexibility
Not happy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 March 2017
I was offered a management position after a co-manager resigned. I verbally took the job. The next day I walked in and was told that since the co-manager changed his mind the job was no longer available to me
Pros
fun environment
Cons
don't follow through on job offers
Amazing company as a customer, as an employee not so much.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 March 2017
Borderline human rights issues, unprofessional management, uncomfortable environment. Issues in many Canadian stores, tho American stores Excell well.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No hrs, bad scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.