Jostens, Inc

Jostens, Inc Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very productive and great at creating some awsome class rings
Floater in the Cast Department (Former Employee), Denton, TXSeptember 29, 2013
I loved working here had great benefits , I was a hard worker to keep the production going , I was a valued team worker
Great Company to work for
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 2, 2013
Nothing about this company was negative. I worked here for a long time and loved the job, the people and the immediate management.
Excellent, people/products/processes
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee), Marion, SCAugust 28, 2013
Pros: self-employed, great customers
Cons: tough economy
Top-notch people. Well branded product. Excellent training and personal development
productive packing place
Quality Team Leader (Current Employee), Laurens, SCAugust 18, 2013
Pros: working with the personnel
Cons: pay scale
1.daily inspections of inbound and outbound products
2.different computer skills
3.easy to work with and team players
4.is listening to serveral different manager in different department and trying to figure which department is top priority
5.is making sure all customers received what they ordered correctly for the big day.
productive and safe work enviornment
Machine Operator (Embroidery) (Current Employee), Laurens, SCJuly 1, 2013
A typical day at work was excellent. I've learned alot from working at Jostens over the past 5 years. The management team were a group of great people, made sure we had all the neccessities we needed to do our job successfully and safely.
Good for people who can just work without any kind of expectations
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2013
Pros: good salaries and benefits
Cons: no fun, lot of stress, lot of politics, no freedom of expression
work, work, work beyond your role and no appreciation.

Never question anything which you don't like otherwise you are gone. No freedom of expression. Good for blind followers not for taking ownership/independent/makes sense thinking people. Lot of politics. I have seen letting so many good hardworking and very loyal employees go on a regular basis. – more... Few people who are there for a long time want to control everything. No fun, lot of stress and job insecurity. Managers come to know what you talk/do casually. – less
I worked in the Publishing/Pre-Press
Desktop Publisher (Former Employee), winston-salem NCMarch 20, 2013
It is what it is.... Loved the summers off but the later years management tried hard to keep our plant open but it feels like they really took it out on the employees. Example: Raising your hand to use the restroom.
Worst company that I have ever worked for in my life!!!
Marketing (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: terrible benefit, they give vacation pay but don't want anyone to actually take it.
My only saving grace was I had a terrific boss the last year that I worked there. The pay is terrible, executives suck---job security? forget it! As far as I am concerned this company does nothing more than take money from families that can't afford it. My advice if you are considering working for this company? DON'T!!
Territory management encompassing creative, analytical, sales, negotation, etc ---all in a day's work!
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2013
Best yearbook company with progressive and sound products; no other place to work! Always enjoyable to partner with schools, advisers, and students to create their unique memories.
Great Mission - encouraging, recognizing & celebrating the accomplishment of Graduation (HS & College) & championships!
MARKETING MANAGER - SCHOLASTICS DIVISION (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 1, 2012
Pros: the mission and the people
Cons: multiple reorganizations to the marketing department over the past 5 years, no opportunity to to prove an organizational model and strategic plan right or wrong
Typical DAY in the office ... Meetings and Meetings
Typical NIGHT in the office ... planning your work and working your plan.
Learnings: SEO/SEM, email campaigns, need to incorporate a pull marketing strategy into a traditional push-to-market model.
Co-workers: I worked with some great people who are very good at what they do - they know their stuff!
Hardest – more... Part of the Job: Too many meetings; there is not enough time in the day to fulfill the responsibilities associated with your role, so you do most of your work after hours. Also, the marketing department has gone through a number of transitions over the past 5 years, so their has not been sufficient time allowed to work a strategic marketing plan and determine its effectiveness.
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: The mission - what Jostens stands for, and the people - great people! – less
Fun place
Embossing Technician (Current Employee), Shelbyville, TNJuly 17, 2012
Great place to work. Fun environment. Very casual and relaxed atmosphere. Cons, seasonal, unpredictable hours. Lay-off is inevitable.
benefits were good pay was average
Account manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNApril 18, 2012
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: no respect from management
jostens customer service = craziness
phone calls, email, process work, plant deadlines.
the people i worked with were the best! we made a stressful hectic job fun.
the most enjoyable was the repore' with my salesmen that i was responsible for their schools orders.
the hardest part was gettting the work done in the 8 hours so overtime was always on. – more... not mandatory but personally. the phone kept you from processing work and emails. – less
A employer that cares about its employees.
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Visalia, CAApril 3, 2012
Pros: jostens trully cares about its employees.
Cons: wages could be a bit higher.
Jostens is a great place to work. Management trully cares about its employees and the lines of communication are always open.

D1971 – November 14, 2012

You'll rethink that statement when they shut your facility down too.

Good company but class rings may not be as popular anymore
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 19, 2012
Pros: i had a great boss!
Cons: not a lot of flexibility
Nice company to work for, good people, well respected executives.