Jostens, Inc Employee Reviews

Fun opportunity
Part-time sales position in "off-season" (Current Employee) –  South Carolina11 August 2017
Interesting and fast paced work for part-time job. Travel, some overnights and good people to work with. Enjoyed speaking with college kids and college staff.
I worked with my manager and his dad, wonderful experience
Office Manager/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tekamah, NE1 August 2017
Flexible schedule
Management was amazing
Learned a lot about customer service
Gained knowledge of high school regalia
I met many new faces and have kept those relationships over the last 14 years.
Pros
Manager always bought me lunch
Cons
No healtcare
I loved it
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS12 July 2017
It was semi fast paced, everyone was very friendly I enjoyed my time there and I learned a lot about data entry and I expanded my knowledge. It was a great job.
Love it
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MN30 June 2017
I enjoyed my job here..... great company to work for. If you like being able to help people on a daily basis and to help create memories for families to last a life time this is your place. They pay was great only down fall is the busy season where you are there for 10-12 hours a day makes for a very long day talking.
Results- oriented,hands on professional with more than 32 years of production experience seeking a position where I can utilize my work experience and
Seamster (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SC2 May 2017
Very responsible honest, punctual and careful to maintain a superior attendance record. very dependable and enjoy working with people Organized, detail oriented and confident in interactions with individuals at all levels. Flexible and always willing to learn. Thorough knowledge of current manufacturing practices and a clear vision to accomplish the company goals
Great advancement opportunity at the expense of work-life balance
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN24 April 2017
Typical day will include email inbox management and plentiful meetings. Expectation is related to task management, vs time management. In other words, stay until the job is done, not when the clock strikes 5. Not a huge amount of flexibility when it comes to working remotely because meetings are crucial for project management.

Little to no development in process improvement, operations team is lean to non-existant on an enterprise level. Only certain areas of the business are enabled with software to support workload and cross functional communication. This is a potential pain point if a candidate is not used to getting creative for resources.

Culture is hard to explain. It can depend on the project and the day. This was what I found to be the hardest aspect of the job, stress and pressure runs on high most days. However, there are great people in this company that are loyal, supportive and understanding of this pressure. It can be detrimental to productivity if it goes on too long, I have found. This seems to be a source of why I have had colleagues leave.

Overall Jostens is full of opportunity if you are able to operate within the company politics and don't mind working long hours throughout certain times of the year.
Pros
Pay, Opportunity to grow, Travel, Developing broad range of skills
Cons
Political atmosphere, Lack of resources
Smiles
Outside Sales/Senior Photographer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CA13 April 2017
In the school day photography division, I coordinated portrait days for the area schools. Trained and deployed the staff of photographers and photographer assistants.
Unethical, courrpt, inferior product
Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  Denton, TX10 February 2017
The plant where I work is corrupt. Nepotism. Cutting corners. Poor quality being sent out the door to reach numbers. No stability. Either have excessive hours or no hours. The place is filthy. The restrooms are unhygienic. Bugs everywhere. Everyday is torture and you force yourself to come to work.
Pros
Cons
Management and backstabbing peers
Job Until you get to the next Career Move
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denton, TX9 December 2016
The upper management at the Denton location has created a "Good Ole Boys" network of which if you are not accepted in their click, it will be very hard for you to achieve or progress within the company, even if you do exceed expectations. Jostens is not a company that invests in their employees. While a few of their favorites get to enjoy perks within the company, it is not widely open that all employees will get the appropriate training or learning opportunities as the elite few. If you need a job to get to your next career move then Jostens is the place, however it is not a company to sign up for long successful career growth and opportunities.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Lack of training, no career opportunities
IT was a great place to work
Machine Operator/Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS7 October 2016
I loved working for Jostens Inc i was with them for 13yrs.They allowed me to grow and learn from my mistakes,which has made me into the great skilled machine operator that i am today Jostens Group leaders taught me everything i know about running a machine.Our maintenance team also taught me how to trouble shot on the machine as well as fix them. Love you Jostens you are sadly missed. Plant shut down in 2012
Pros
Also we was always being treated to a lunch or diner on the company
Cons
excellent health care benfits
Very good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TN7 August 2016
Very family-oriented company everyone's pretty much laid back you work at your own pace but you have to keep up with production you get the summer months off plus unemployment benefits so that's not too bad not really too many chances advancements but you can and the pay really sucks its been people there for 10 years that only make 13 to 14 a hour and raise be like 5cent to 23 cents a year
Pros
Summer off
Cons
No money pay out
Love working for jostens
High school call center rep. (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MN29 June 2016
I really love working for jostens. Awesome people, the environment is great, always doing fun days for football or holidays.... My trainer was top notch. Help phone people always helped out. I worked as a call center rep in high school... I loved my job.
Pros
everything
Cons
very productive and steady place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SC11 November 2015
a wonderful place to work. i learned the ability to work at very fast pace than i usually worked. the management is very supportive and the co-workers all work as a team. there isnt a hard part about the job when you love what you are doing.
Pros
breaks
Excellent Place to work. Great environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TN14 April 2015
Jostens is a great place to work. You are part of the process in a long tradition in the education world.

The management team is strong and dedicated.

Co-workers make it a fun environment.
Very Rewarding Experience
Desktop Publisher (Former Employee) –  State College, PA9 December 2014
*Company supplied all materials and learning tools needed to perform my job duties
*Learned not only valuable work skills, but interpersonal skills
*Made many friends and aquaintences
Pros
Advancements over the years
Cons
Facility relocated to another state
Jostens review
Distribution Team Leader/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SC30 June 2014
Set up work station, have a start up meeting, place employees in work stations expedite open pick coach and train employees make sure orders get shipped to customer on time.
Pros
Good cooperative supportive employees
Cons
Didn't have stock for orders or were short on gowns
Fun employment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TX2 June 2014
Always something different going on, you get to see the championship rings which are cool
flexible work schedule, great people
Senior eBusiness Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN8 April 2014
Smart, dedicated and hard working group of people.
High pace environment. A lot of custom applications or modifications interacting with Oracle.
Best perk is the flexibility on schedule.
very productive and great at creating some awsome class rings
Floater in the Cast Department (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX29 September 2013
I loved working here had great benefits , I was a hard worker to keep the production going , I was a valued team worker
Great Company to work for
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NC2 September 2013
Nothing about this company was negative. I worked here for a long time and loved the job, the people and the immediate management.