POSITION TITLE: Legal Assistant, Employment Law
REPORTS TO: Jordan Rodney, Barrister and Solicitor
LOCATION: Part-Time Position – 8-12 Hours Per Week
We currently have an opening for a Part-Time Legal Assistant to join our Employment Law firm. This position will support our Partner and practices throughout the firm. The successful candidate will be proactive, thorough, accurate and able to effectively prioritize and organize tasks. In addition, the individual must be flexible, adaptable and have the ability to manage aspects of files in employment law. The office is located at Yonge and Centre in Old Thornhill in a heritage house.
- Electronic and paper filing
- Calendar, email, telephone and mail management;
- Processing of Invoices and Expense Reports;
- Gather and analyze research data, such as legislation, decisions, legal articles, and other documents
- Editing/revising documents and drafting correspondence
- Some administrative duties are needed
- Working knowledge of municipal legislation, bylaws, and rules of order and procedural fairness and the ability to interpret same preferred.
- Ability to complete detailed tasks with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency, while dealing with competing priorities and interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to strictly maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Ability to take initiative and manage diverse subject matter.
- Demonstrated proficiency at working independently using initiative to prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of tasks at the same time and meet deadlines consistently.
- Post-second University Degree is an asset
- Secondary diploma in Legal Assistant or a Legal Studies field is required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have at least three (3) years experience in a Legal Assistant role in Employment Law
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative
- Proven ability to handle sensitive/confidential situations
- Superior communication and technical skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to set own priorities while maintaining flexibility
- Detail-orientated individual with good proofreading skills
- Excellent organization and time management
- Flexible schedule required
- Customer Oriented
- Sense of urgency
Please submit your resume via the "Apply Now" button below. If you have questions or require additional information; please contact Jordan Rodney directly at 416-268-0724.