Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Internship
Research Analyst - Intern (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 6, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: repetitive
The research analyst position was an internship I have completed throughout my education. My objective was to complete a Land-use map of the city of Toronto to help real estate agents locate where to invest. Meetings with the supervisor were held weekly at the office for updates. I have learnt many personal, and technical skills including punctuality, – more... meeting deadlines, and patience. In addition, Adobe Illustrator, GIS were in extensive use in order to get the job done. I worked along a colleague where we divided tasks equally. The hardest part of the job was to work with heavy CAD files which slowed down the computer and made a simple task turn into a strenuous task. However, I enjoyed the learning process which consisted of learning new softwares, and the relation between Urban planning and real estate. – less
Great workers terrible management
mechanical maintenance (Current Employee), oshawa ontarioFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: it is ok until you find something else its a paycheck
Cons: management managment managment
The managment promises the world and delivers nothing, treat employees like garbage. By far the worst place I have ever worked.
"Dollar Store" Contractor
Customer/Indirect Management (Current Employee), Auburn Hills AccountNovember 1, 2012
Pros: strong tradespeople, benefits appear to be comparable
Cons: poor communication, failure to deliver quality, inefficient on all levels
Now, at first, I thought that maybe it was just the IFM team at my site but after reading the bulk of the other reviews on this website and confirming my suspicions with colleagues at other sites I can see that there is a global trend with JLL.
- Leadership style reminiscent of Stalinist USSR!
- Difficulty, if not utter failure, to adhere to regional – more... regulatory standards. This will catch up with with them when someone is seriously injured or a government audit comes through.
-Company refuses to purchase proper equipment (possibly due to management's inexperience with SKILLED trades?).
-Overload middle management. No work-life balance; "on call" should not mean call them everyday on their time off.
-Salary employee remuneration and incentives fall far below market averages. That's without taking into consideration the nature of their "on call" policy and the average hours they work in a week. A normal week appears to be about 50 hours, seriously!
-Trades, you're looking to be making the same as what my son makes as a third year apprentice electrician. Don't bother complaining to the union either, they may as well not exist.
- Now, they have done a few good things, but putting it into perspective, one good deed does NOT outweigh the 50 failures it took to get there. – less
Uncomfortable environment due to inexperienced management.
Facility Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: good people under management
Cons: poor management
Inexperienced management made for a very poor working environment. A very high turn over rate due to mistreatment of personnel.Very long hours.

About Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management, – Read more

Jones Lang LaSalle Photos