Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Internship
Research Analyst - Intern (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 6, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: repetitive
The research analyst position was an internship I have completed throughout my education. My objective was to complete a Land-use map of the city of Toronto to help real estate agents locate where to invest. Meetings with the supervisor were held weekly at the office for updates. I have learnt many personal, and technical skills including punctuality, – more... meeting deadlines, and patience. In addition, Adobe Illustrator, GIS were in extensive use in order to get the job done. I worked along a colleague where we divided tasks equally. The hardest part of the job was to work with heavy CAD files which slowed down the computer and made a simple task turn into a strenuous task. However, I enjoyed the learning process which consisted of learning new softwares, and the relation between Urban planning and real estate. – less
Great workers terrible management
mechanical maintenance (Current Employee), oshawa ontarioFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: it is ok until you find something else its a paycheck
Cons: management managment managment
The managment promises the world and delivers nothing, treat employees like garbage. By far the worst place I have ever worked.
"Dollar Store" Contractor
Customer/Indirect Management (Current Employee), Auburn Hills AccountNovember 1, 2012
Pros: strong tradespeople, benefits appear to be comparable
Cons: poor communication, failure to deliver quality, inefficient on all levels
Now, at first, I thought that maybe it was just the IFM team at my site but after reading the bulk of the other reviews on this website and confirming my suspicions with colleagues at other sites I can see that there is a global trend with JLL.
- Leadership style reminiscent of Stalinist USSR!
- Difficulty, if not utter failure, to adhere to regional – more... regulatory standards. This will catch up with with them when someone is seriously injured or a government audit comes through.
-Company refuses to purchase proper equipment (possibly due to management's inexperience with SKILLED trades?).
-Overload middle management. No work-life balance; "on call" should not mean call them everyday on their time off.
-Salary employee remuneration and incentives fall far below market averages. That's without taking into consideration the nature of their "on call" policy and the average hours they work in a week. A normal week appears to be about 50 hours, seriously!
-Trades, you're looking to be making the same as what my son makes as a third year apprentice electrician. Don't bother complaining to the union either, they may as well not exist.
- Now, they have done a few good things, but putting it into perspective, one good deed does NOT outweigh the 50 failures it took to get there. – less
Uncomfortable environment due to inexperienced management.
Facility Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: good people under management
Cons: poor management
Inexperienced management made for a very poor working environment. A very high turn over rate due to mistreatment of personnel.Very long hours.
Career Opportunity
ASSISTANT FACILITY MANAGER (Current Employee), TexasOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits!!!
Cons: 24 hrs on call.
JLL is great career opportunity employer which provides all essentials tools necessary to effectively produce and succeed on daily activities. The hardest part is working under an individual that can not give you credit for what you do but rather take credit for others.
Very Challenging Job
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 16, 2014
I cover 5 sites which include taking care of everything that that is involved in maintaining the properties. The hardest part is maintaining all Critical Systems and being on call 24x7
Small and energetic team
Office Manager (Former Employee), BudapestOctober 16, 2014
As an Office Manager I was responsible for the daily run of the whole office, supervising the receptionists' tasks, handling insurances, contacting vendors, creating monthly payroll files and quarterly budgets. Also being responsible for HR tasks such as creating employment contracts and offer letters.
Enjoyed working with team
Facility Executive (Current Employee), IndiaOctober 16, 2014
Pros: hyginic food
everyone will be worked independently , zero percent tolerance in harassment equal importance to all staffs.
Day to Day Activities
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2014
A typical day consisted of surveying the property for anything that may needed updated, repaired, or replaced. It was sometimes tough when something goes wrong that was not anticipated. It is important to prioritize the level of each task when faced with multiple situations. The most enjoyable part is the interaction I would face with customers who – more... may be in need of directions or other assistance. I take pleasure when my assistance makes ones day better. – less
fair
mobil engineer (Former Employee), phx.October 7, 2014
It's the good old boy club. The management team are very arrogant. I would not recommend at all. I complained about a property Manager on an account. She was not taking care of the customer on her account. I did this after I gave my notice. They let me go two days early. No worries! ! I Worked at my friends Air conditioning company. They are touted – more... as being one of the best companies to work for. CBRE Better company for sure. Very professional !! – less
Mobile Engineer
Lead Mobile Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: unlimited tool allowance! 25 days a year off
Cons: 365 24/7 on call (mission critical application so 2am calls are regular and mandatory)
Pretty decent gig with little supervision. You are assigned a set of buildings in your area and are responsible for the entire building from the ground up. Little supervision gives you a ton of freedom, but that same freedom tends to make you bored and lazy. Honestly, this is more for the middle aged man with some good work ethic and discipline. The – more... lazy side gets you noticed – less
Total Production
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: many training options, state of the art office
Cons: long work days, emailing at night typical
Project Management is an all consuming position. As a Project Manager, you are the "buck stops here" contact for your client. With this moniker, there is follow-up, follow through and get it done, if the responsible party has not completed the task. A typical day would include following up with clients, vendors and stakeholders. I learned to prioritze – more... events, negotiate costs and tasks, and on the spot conflict resolution. – less
Great Experience
Vice President and General Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2014
There was no typical day at work due to the nature of managing a Class A office building. I enjoyed my tenure at JLL and in addition to gaining a tremendous amount of work experience, I made many special friendships with co-workers. I like that JLL is a discriminating company when it comes to hiring.

The hardest part of my job was that it was a third – more... party job. Meaning, because JLL does not own any of the properties they managed, when a property sold, the management assignment was often times vulnerable to being lost if a new buyer performed self management.

The most enjoyable part of my job was all the terrific people and clients I worked with. – less
I loved going to work everyday
Mobile Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Albany, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: the customer
Cons: money restrictions
I never had a typical day at work. One day I would be working on a heating or air conditioning piece of equipment, the next would be fixing a broken lock. I like working within a team environment, where everyone has the same goal. I provide a great customer service, and enjoy completing a job that makes the customer happy. The hardest part of my job – more... is being able to do the job needed and keeping the cost to a minimal. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customer. The customer creates the need and I provide the service to make their job easier. – less
Extremely professional and great working culture
Hiring Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, USASeptember 28, 2014
Managers and co-workers are extremely supportive and encouraging towards learning and development of new hires.
Run Forest Run
Lease Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: boring
Cons: boring
Run Forest Run as far away as possible. Pompous management and they don't care about employees.
Fast pace environment with a great team
Property Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Responsible for the processing of accounts payable and accounts receivables during the transition from prior to new owner. the commute is the hardest part of the job, but the work environment and co-workers were great to work with.
Great Company and benefits
North America Accounting Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: well run company
Cons: contacts expire and you can find yourself out of a job
Learned a lot. Great Sr. Management. Clients can be a handful, but JLL is a well run company.
Ups and Downs
Associate Project Manager & LEED Green Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Just as any job, it has the ups and downs.

For some reason it's making me write more than one line. I'm currently with JLLand don't feel there is anything that stands out as good or bad about the company.
JLL
Property Manager (Former Employee), MichiganSeptember 16, 2014
Great coworkers. Focus became the upsell not the customer. Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management, – Read more

Jones Lang LaSalle Photos