Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great employees, poor management
Building Operator/ Maintenance (Current Employee), Lasalle, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: management
Poor management, sub-contractors/ vendors weren't getting paid.
Bilingual Facility Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: more hours
I enjoy working for Jones Lang LaSalle. On a typical day I am answering phone calls and attending to visitor's at the same time. The hardest part of my job is to come in for just a half day (4.5). The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I make my client happy by giving exceptional sevice.
Internship
Research Analyst - Intern (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 6, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: repetitive
The research analyst position was an internship I have completed throughout my education. My objective was to complete a Land-use map of the city of Toronto to help real estate agents locate where to invest. Meetings with the supervisor were held weekly at the office for updates. I have learnt many personal, and technical skills including punctuality, meeting deadlines, and patience. In addition, Adobe Illustrator, GIS were in extensive use in order to get the job done. I worked along a colleague where we divided tasks equally. The hardest part of the job was to work with heavy CAD files which slowed down the computer and made a simple task turn into a strenuous task. However, I enjoyed the learning process which consisted of learning new softwares, and the relation between Urban planning and real estate.
Great workers terrible management
mechanical maintenance (Current Employee), oshawa ontarioFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: it is ok until you find something else its a paycheck
Cons: management managment managment
The managment promises the world and delivers nothing, treat employees like garbage. By far the worst place I have ever worked.
"Dollar Store" Contractor
Customer/Indirect Management (Current Employee), Auburn Hills AccountNovember 1, 2012
Pros: strong tradespeople, benefits appear to be comparable
Cons: poor communication, failure to deliver quality, inefficient on all levels
Now, at first, I thought that maybe it was just the IFM team at my site but after reading the bulk of the other reviews on this website and confirming my suspicions with colleagues at other sites I can see that there is a global trend with JLL.
- Leadership style reminiscent of Stalinist USSR!
- Difficulty, if not utter failure, to adhere to regional regulatory standards. This will catch up with with them when someone is seriously injured or a government audit comes through.
-Company refuses to purchase proper equipment (possibly due to management's inexperience with SKILLED trades?).
-Overload middle management. No work-life balance; "on call" should not mean call them everyday on their time off.
-Salary employee remuneration and incentives fall far below market averages. That's without taking into consideration the nature of their "on call" policy and the average hours they work in a week. A normal week appears to be about 50 hours, seriously!
-Trades, you're looking to be making the same as what my son makes as a third year apprentice electrician. Don't bother complaining to the union either, they may as well not exist.
- Now, they have done a few good things, but putting it into perspective, one good deed does NOT outweigh the 50 failures it took to get there.
Uncomfortable environment due to inexperienced management.
Facility Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: good people under management
Cons: poor management
Inexperienced management made for a very poor working environment. A very high turn over rate due to mistreatment of personnel.Very long hours.
Professional Environment
Building Technician (Former Employee), Spring, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: provided breakfast and lunch for employee's
Cons: short breaks
I learned many things from this company that consist of building maintenance operations and diffents methods of HVAC equipment. The team was very professional and helpful when i needed the assistance. Being that the project was still under construction i learned how important it is for preoccupancy in the buidings itself.
Excellent Company
Chief Engineer Manager (Current Employee), PRJanuary 22, 2015
Increase my knowledge in the pharmaceutical industry and acquired a conosimientos in the management of utilities and facilities.
JLL is a wonderful place to work for..
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: unfortunately office will be closing down to college moving in the building.
I have learned many things in Commercial Real Estate while being here. Management has been very helpful in teaching what needs to be learned. JLL as a whole has various training on a monthly basis which was significantly for here and for further job responsibilities.
A good job but hard to move up in the company.
Building Technician (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: managements would work with you as far as work hours and the co-workers.
Cons: being short staffed and not having the people on hand to complete certain tasks.
Typical work day consisted of doing preventative maintenance on broken things around the intel site and completing work orders submitted by intel employees. Learned alot about making repairs on doors, carpet lighting, plumbing and electrical. The management was average but in some aspects lacked leadership skills to alocate work properly. The Co-workers are a good team of people that are very helpful and knowledgable. The hardest part of the job would be trying to complete certain jobs by a deadline with the amount of work flow and shortage of personel. The most enjoyable part of the job is always learning new things on how to do the job better and expanding your knowledge of new things you dont know.
Enjoying the working atmosphere at shopping mall.
Shift Engineer (Former Employee), Shopping Mall at Eastern Bypass,KolkataJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hour
First my facility management experience in a Shoping Mall with Multiplex.I learned lot about centrally chiller system,CCTV system,fire alarm system,Plumbing system,Water treatment system.
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: salary
I would recommend this position to anyone who is looking for a new career path. Exceptional team members, fantasticwork environment
Maintaining a Call Center
Facility Manager (Current Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: having the knowledge of fellow managers across the account to call on and share best parctices.
Cons: being viewed as contractor not as a team member of the client.
The day starts with checking with the Night Security before their shifts ends to inquire on how the night went and if there were any issues or problems that need attention. Then checking for any work requests that may have come in after hours, finally review emails that need your attention and start any required preventive maintenance that is scheduled or work orders not completed the day prior. What was learned working in a call center is that there is always something that needs corrected, fixed, or replaced. Need to stay abreast of the budget at all times, service contracts and continue to look for ways to cut cost and improve the overall condition and environment of the facility. The hardest part of the job would be putting in the long hours to insure that everyone's needs are met without telling them "no we can't do that" , but explain what the cost would be if we did. The most enjoyable part of any job is the satisfaction you get when you can put a smile on someone's face or the thank you for making their job easer.
Nice place to work,
Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: job ending
Employeed over 8 years, Sad to see contract with client end.
nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chennai, TNJanuary 10, 2015
salary increment is not good,but good and nice place to work,gives freedom for workers.good management.
Productive work place
FACILITY MANAGER (Current Employee), Pune, MHJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: monthly lunch
Cons: no job security
Daily rounds of site/ Briefing to all co workers/ work on new project design/ followup with all vendors / update the daily project status to project lead.

Handled hotel Project,.

supportive management.

help full and ready to work at any moment of time .

There was no bossing
JLL Review
Sr. Customer Service Agent/General Motors Account (Current Employee), Warren.MichiganDecember 25, 2014
This firm demonstrates a high level of integrity in its industry.
Demanding and fast paced
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 22, 2014
Pros: great health insurance plans
Cons: extremely heavy work load for one person on this account
I have been a facilities coordinator with JLL on the ExxonMobil Baton Rouge account for a little over a year. JLL is contracted with ExxonMobil to oversee the daily maintenance at the refinery, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical and landscaping. A typical day at work is different from day to day due to the constant changes in maintenance demands. One thing that is always constant is the paperwork that needs to be completed. Daily, work tickets have to be printed and assigned to employees responsible for that particular field, material has to be ordered for jobs to be completed, tracking cost in order to monitor budget cost is a must. The list of demands for a facilities coordinator is never ending.
Brilliant place to work
Client Accountant (Current Employee), bristolDecember 10, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: relocation redundancy
• Responsible for the management of client funds in line with RICS guidelines
• Responsible for completing a weekly payment run for clients.
• Weekly funding review and management of client funds.
• Preparation of month end and quarter end reporting, including Trial Balance review, cash reconciliation, annual IPD (Investment Property Database), VAT Return and reconciliation to the general ledger.
• Completion of quarterly client reviews to confirm that client Trial Balances are accurate.
• Review aged debtor and creditor analysis.
• Creating and posting monthly journals
• Keeping reconciliations up to date.
• Preparation of auditing packs on yearly basis.
• Completing monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasting and budgeting
• Preparing and analysing balance sheet reconciliations.
went to school there
Operating Engineer (Current Employee), greenwood village, ColoradoDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: layoffs
Great people to work with and help me develop . I learned how to upkeep and run a building . Management was really great there Brian Dillow my manager is probably the best employer of my career he really let me blossom in my career. I have had a great repore with my co-workers having patience with me in teaching me there crafts. its was challenging learning new assignments but picked up on them really quickly. Working with my co-workers and my clients i will miss that part of the day i no longer see them on a daily bases.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management, – Read more

Jones Lang LaSalle Photos