Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Internship
Research Analyst - Intern (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 6, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: repetitive
The research analyst position was an internship I have completed throughout my education. My objective was to complete a Land-use map of the city of Toronto to help real estate agents locate where to invest. Meetings with the supervisor were held weekly at the office for updates. I have learnt many personal, and technical skills including punctuality, – more... meeting deadlines, and patience. In addition, Adobe Illustrator, GIS were in extensive use in order to get the job done. I worked along a colleague where we divided tasks equally. The hardest part of the job was to work with heavy CAD files which slowed down the computer and made a simple task turn into a strenuous task. However, I enjoyed the learning process which consisted of learning new softwares, and the relation between Urban planning and real estate. – less
Great workers terrible management
mechanical maintenance (Current Employee), oshawa ontarioFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: it is ok until you find something else its a paycheck
Cons: management managment managment
The managment promises the world and delivers nothing, treat employees like garbage. By far the worst place I have ever worked.
"Dollar Store" Contractor
Customer/Indirect Management (Current Employee), Auburn Hills AccountNovember 1, 2012
Pros: strong tradespeople, benefits appear to be comparable
Cons: poor communication, failure to deliver quality, inefficient on all levels
Now, at first, I thought that maybe it was just the IFM team at my site but after reading the bulk of the other reviews on this website and confirming my suspicions with colleagues at other sites I can see that there is a global trend with JLL.
- Leadership style reminiscent of Stalinist USSR!
- Difficulty, if not utter failure, to adhere to regional – more... regulatory standards. This will catch up with with them when someone is seriously injured or a government audit comes through.
-Company refuses to purchase proper equipment (possibly due to management's inexperience with SKILLED trades?).
-Overload middle management. No work-life balance; "on call" should not mean call them everyday on their time off.
-Salary employee remuneration and incentives fall far below market averages. That's without taking into consideration the nature of their "on call" policy and the average hours they work in a week. A normal week appears to be about 50 hours, seriously!
-Trades, you're looking to be making the same as what my son makes as a third year apprentice electrician. Don't bother complaining to the union either, they may as well not exist.
- Now, they have done a few good things, but putting it into perspective, one good deed does NOT outweigh the 50 failures it took to get there. – less
Uncomfortable environment due to inexperienced management.
Facility Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: good people under management
Cons: poor management
Inexperienced management made for a very poor working environment. A very high turn over rate due to mistreatment of personnel.Very long hours.
Great Company and benefits
North America Accounting Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: well run company
Cons: contacts expire and you can find yourself out of a job
Learned a lot. Great Sr. Management. Clients can be a handful, but JLL is a well run company.
Ups and Downs
Associate Project Manager & LEED Green Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Just as any job, it has the ups and downs.

For some reason it's making me write more than one line. I'm currently with JLLand don't feel there is anything that stands out as good or bad about the company.
JLL
Property Manager (Former Employee), MichiganSeptember 16, 2014
Great coworkers. Focus became the upsell not the customer. Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.
Most co-workers are GREAT
Property Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 15, 2014
I learned all about the politics of an office environment of a large corporation.
Phenomenal company
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Great opportunity! Good mentors and lots of varied work experience.
Once a year I look forward to our annual pic nic.
Lab Service Associate (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: rewards for your good work.
Cons: no overtime
I start my day off with a very short meeting then I get my assignment
for the day and perform my job to the best of my abilities. I have great
inner actions with management and my co-workers are the best. I've
learnded so much from this job and acquired a skill that i can take
any where but now its time to take it too the next level.
Great experience of the global commercial real estate market
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2014
a typrical day at work involved crunchung numbers, [posting payments, reconciliation of amounts. Evaluating market rates, reviews. Calls with brokers and renters alike.
Monthly meetings with the clients. Learnt to look at a global scale of handling large corporate accounts and evaulating KPI's .
Great worklife balance with not so long hours balanaced – more... with early days off from time to time to handle personal matters . – less
Love working at company...account is unstable however
Property Manager (Current Employee), Orlando FloridaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great organization with great benefits
Cons: some accounts are unstable, and may go through changes annually
Great company to work for especially for minorities and women.
Strong company
National Director / SVP - Corporate Solutions (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: leadership, opportunity
Cons: disconnected from culture when on client-accounts
Good leadership in the Corporate Solutions group. There are opportunities for advancement if you are one of the stronger voices and team players.
Facility
Senior Facility Manager & Country Lead (Current Employee), SingaporeAugust 31, 2014
Real Estate & Facility Management in corporate enviroment
Productive and fun
Assistant Manager - Strategic Consulting (Former Employee), IndiaAugust 26, 2014
JLL was the project management consultant for the Bhuvaneshwar Development Authority. We were a team of three representatives from JLL at the BDA office. My role encompassed daily interaction with the departmental heads of Finance, Electrical and Civil Engineering, Chief Engineers, MD (BDA). Every month we had to present the milestones achieved to the – more... BDA executive committee, and accordingly payment of JLL would be approved. Our performance was often affected by the incessant out-of-scope requisitions from BDA officials. The biggest challenge for us was to keep up with recurring requisitions from BDA while striving to achieve the targets of JLL.

I realised my strong interpersonal and time management skill would be most effective in such situation. While scheduling timelines, we would always keep some extra time for unforeseen modifications or requirements such that we would be well prepared to achieve the targets within deadline. Often there were conflicts in opinion among the different departments and this would be directed to our team to conceive a solution. I have always been recognized as a patient and heedful listener. I would painstakingly note their individual requirements and concerns and only after developing a comprehensive perception about the issue, I would suggest the solutions.

At the end of my six months tenure, we had been successful in achieving all the targets within time and budget for JLL.

My Co-workers (JLL representatives) were very passionate for excellent client service. They were very helpful and we enjoyed our time both in office and after office hours. – less
Avoid.
Property Service Professional (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: the pto is nice if you manage to wait a year to get hired on.
Cons: everything else
Do not take a job here as a call center agent. The pay is horrible however they expect you to constantly exceed expectations. You will be written up for everything, including absences with a doctor's note, needing to leave for personal emergencies, etc. You are allotted 5 minutes a day to use the restroom outside your scheduled breaks, so if you are – more... older, pregnant, or use the restroom frequently, be prepared to be written up a lot. You will be written up if you are 1 second late from your break/lunch.

Oh and be prepared to train people every 4-6 weeks who will be making more money than you, even if they are temps and you are JLL, no matter how many years you have been there. If you are a temp and training people 4-12 weeks after you started, they will make more money than you. Of course if you discuss this you will be let go immediately. There is a VERY high turnover rate because people either get tired of it very quickly or get released/terminated. You can be terminated at the drop of a hat, everybody is constantly afraid that they are next because they cut people loose at an alarming rate.

Also, prepare to not advance even if you trained your supervisors years ago and know more than all the other agents combined, because you are an asset to the team as a ~rock~ and not a rocket. If you are a temp be prepared to work all holidays except for Christmas and Thanksgiving without holiday pay, although I guess that's more up to your temp agency.

Oh and call center agents are not permitted to participate in fire drills or shown what to do in the event of an emergency. They literally sit there taking calls with the fire drill alarms going off and people giving instructions over the PA system. The people calling in can hear everything and wonder why anybody would work in a place where the employees' safety is not valued. I wondered that myself. – less
Its a call center
Global Operations Manager for the JPMC Account (Former Employee), PittsburghAugust 13, 2014
Cons: everything
You can work there for years, and they still treat you like a number.
Largest Commercial Brokerage
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 12, 2014
Fast Paced and great co workers. Made the job interesting. The brokers are high strung and high maintenance.
Human Resouces Business Partner (Former Employee), Raffles PlaceAugust 7, 2014
I had opportunities to do various projects including offshoring sme of the processes to India team. I also lead the project to electronically file the employees' files thus allowing virtual sharing files and savings costs .
Excellent Experience with this company
Assistant Manager - Facility Management (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRAugust 4, 2014
I have learnt a lot in the JLL, I have confident to work or handle a site independently.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management, – Read more

Jones Lang LaSalle Photos