Johnston Goodrich Lawyers (www.summerlandlawoffice.com), a full-practice law firm in Summerland, British Columbia, is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual for a full-time Legal Assistant position, to start immediately. We are seeking someone who is personable, a team-player, and has related work experience. You will have a strong work-ethic and be well-organized.
The successful candidate will work in a professional environment, covering Litigation, Family Law, Conveyancing, and Estate files as directed.
Johnston Goodrich Lawyers offers three weeks’ vacation, a benefit package and is committed to the individual growth of all its staff, and provides support through semi-annual performance reviews.
The Skills and Behaviours
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviours:
- prior Legal Secretarial experience, particularly in the areas of Litigation, Family Law,
Conveyancing, and Estates
- professional attitude and approach
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- cooperative in a team environment, but can also be self-directed
- well-organized with the ability to prioritize work
- works well under pressure and demonstrates initiative
- skilful and tactful in dealing with people
- timely in responding to inquiries and requests
- good computer skills with experience in MS Outlook and Word
Reply in person or via email. Please include a cover letter, resume, and references. We thank all who apply, however, only those to be called in for an interview will be contacted.