JOHNSTON EQUIPMENT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Shame, what was once a great company..., now...????
Driver Trainer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 11, 2012
Pros: good pay and great commissions plus company vehicle.
Cons: dark mood, poor management and clearly employees are just things.
Well, the person who trained me was quick and impatient and was the type who likes to Lord over people.

After 3 months; I couldn't take much more of this and asked that he simply keeps his distance as the situation had become borderline harrassement.

But was still willing to work with him and continued to do my job.

The hours of which were all over the map. Days, evenings, nights and weekends in the busy time.

I had every day in November booked except for a 2 day Skyjack training near TO.

However, the work itself I enjoyed.

Then 3 days before my probation was up; I was asked to leave with no preamble or questions about the situation.

And to top it off, an extremely disorganized company as it took them 6 weeks to finally figure out my commissions owed me as I had to re-send them my billing at least 3 times.

The only good thing I have to say was that the branch manager was sympathetic to the situation but really had no power to do anything.

I actually pity him!

Good luck!
Very unorganized company and condensending management
Technician (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Lots of promotional items
Cons: No guidance, poor management, overwhelming work load, and unfair pay scale
Worst company I have ever encountered. Management was very disrespectful and treated employees unfairly. I regret the time I've spent with this company.
great place to work
SALES CONSULTANT / PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 14, 2015
very difficult and busy job but was a great learning experience should be one of the leaders in their industry soon.

could not have askjed for a better work envirpoment
Friendly place to work
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: close to home
A service oriented company. Sales and service mixed together to form a good balance.