JOHNSTON EQUIPMENT Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible Management, Unfair treatment
Road Technician (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 5, 2016
Pros: Decent Benefit plans
Cons: Favoritism, bad morale, terrible management
Worst company I have worked for. For a national company they are very unorganized and incompetent. The western Canada service management team is disrespectful, unfair and unorganized. Terrible work morale.
Professional work environment and continuously learning
Construction Worker/Laborer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Not enough work year around
Exciting work environment with supportive management. I learned step by step how to Installed, disassembled, replaced, repaired and assembled pallet racking. The most enjoyable part of my job was working along side my colleagues and showing them what I had learned working for the company. Everyday was a new job/project as well as a new learning experience which I took advantage of.
great place to work
SALES CONSULTANT / PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 14, 2015
very difficult and busy job but was a great learning experience should be one of the leaders in their industry soon.

could not have askjed for a better work envirpoment
Shame, what was once a great company..., now...????
Driver Trainer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 11, 2012
Pros: good pay and great commissions plus company vehicle.
Cons: dark mood, poor management and clearly employees are just things.
Well, the person who trained me was quick and impatient and was the type who likes to Lord over people.

After 3 months; I couldn't take much more of this and asked that he simply keeps his distance as the situation had become borderline harrassement.

But was still willing to work with him and continued to do my job.

The hours of which were all over the map. Days, evenings, nights and weekends in the busy time.

I had every day in November booked except for a 2 day Skyjack training near TO.

However, the work itself I enjoyed.

Then 3 days before my probation was up; I was asked to leave with no preamble or questions about the situation.

And to top it off, an extremely disorganized company as it took them 6 weeks to finally figure out my commissions owed me as I had to re-send them my billing at least 3 times.

The only good thing I have to say was that the branch manager was sympathetic to the situation but really had no power to do anything.

I actually pity him!

Good luck!
Friendly place to work
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: close to home
A service oriented company. Sales and service mixed together to form a good balance.