Specialty shop requires a customer service oriented salesperson who has experience and/or knowledge of food products and wines. You are outgoing and enthusiastic and be able to conduct daily tours. You are a "people person".
You must be able to:
- operate a cash register and process money,cheque and credit/debit card payments and balance the till at the end of the shift.
- provide advice about merchandise, up-sell, work with minimal supervision.
- communicate well verbally and in writing.
- lift 35 lb cases in order to stock shelves or perform carry-outs
- work effectively and pleasantly with others
- maintain good housekeeping standards
- work weekends
The following will be considered an asset:
- merchandising skills
- Smart Serve
- a second language
- appreciation of wine &/or local food
- food handling safety certificate
You are bondable and have your own transportation. (There is no public transportation.)