Johnson Matthey

Johnson Matthey Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good work bad management
Electrician (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: some gifts
Cons: management
The work is good, the workers are good to work with.
Management is hard to deal with.
hardest part of the job is non comunication between supervisors.
Very stressful surrounding without no limit to your duties or any consideration for employees
mechanical maintenance (Current Employee), SkopjeDecember 25, 2012
Pros: free lunches and transportation
Cons: ...
Very poor leadership in our department-excepting any job suggested and truth gold of our department in second plan.Humiliation on our trade and risk we take,and our role in building up company and keeping lowest downtime..Working with chlorine,HCL and nitric acids,ammonia,caustic,pressure systems,steam lines,electricity,dangerus slurrys,high and confiding – more... places of work.Cant plan free days because emergency team or duty hours obligation.No pathern in shifts planing-change at will .
Great place to learn trade and get some expirience,Good money for our country. – less
Scat Technician (Former Employee), South AfricaJune 6, 2014
Pros: communication
Cons: no career growth
Doing things the right the first time. Participating in 5s, management supportive. Management giving employees the resources to do their job
Home away from home
Process Controller (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 29, 2014
Pros: bonus and pss(profit sharing schem)
Cons: having to work night shift
• My overall job is challenging and it needs someone who is open minded and someone who can think on their feet and outside the box. You need to have a good planning skills to be a success because we are required to have one month focus and an action plan to achieve the set targets. In a nut shell it's a fun job for the go getters and it's definitely – more... not a job for coach potatoes.
• I have learned that pressure doesn't kill anyone, instead it makes you stronger and grow wiser
• The management style here is very fair and homely, as part of management: we believe in giving people a second chance and that disciplinary actions should be the very last resort
• Everyone in this place is a team player which makes even that hardest job seems simple
• The most challenging part of my job is only when we staff shortage because I'll be expected to carry out my tasks and those of my fellow colleague who's not there
• The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting deadlines ahead of time and hosting visitors and customers from across the globe – less
Company as a whole is good.
Technician (Current Employee), Royston, ENGMay 15, 2014
Pros: some people.
Cons: shift work
Training is given. Most employees are nice, large segment of work force are temps.

Reasonable money for reasonable work.
No prospects
Production Operative (Former Employee), roystonMay 11, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: management, opportunity
Very limited opportunity's. NO responsibility told not think a very negative atmosphere to work in.
Productive and fun workplace.
Production Operator (Former Employee), Royston, ENGMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free drinks at break
Cons: no smoking was allowed on night shift only
A typical day at work was basically emptying pallets onto a production line and repacking pallets at the end of the production line. The Machine had to be continuously fed and unfed to prevent to line from stopping. If the line broke down, maintenance was there to fix it and we made up the time making sure the machine and the area worked in was clean.

I – more... learnt quite a lot, how to maintain a safe, clean working environment. I learnt how to operate the pallet trucks and machinery and how to prevent injuries to other operators.

My co-workers had the same role as me, when we had to change to another batch, we would follow instructions and make sure everything was complete before the new batch was started.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the line on some batches as there were fewer parts to a pallet and not enough time to take finished pallets to wrapping machine then warehouse and take an empty pallet to the end of the line.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the changeover from different batches. This involved using hands and brain. – less
Genuine work environment.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: bbq-free food.
Cons: laid off.
Typical day at work as a Machine Operator is a fast pace quality environment. Learned alot about machining and tools. Management was always very helpful. Co-workers are friendly. The hardest part about this job was not wanting to leave work until the unit was complete. The most enjoyable part of this job was the environment itself.
Alright
R&D Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAMarch 24, 2014
Not the most interesting place to work. Worked at small facility which did a lot of work
Upper Management is a joke
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Paulsboro, NJFebruary 15, 2014
DONT WORK HERE. THIS PLACE BLOWS. THEY TREAT UNION LIKE TRASH AND PRAISE SALARY.
An excellent business framework to drive competency all round (i.e. from Operators to senior,top managers
Superintendent (Current Employee), Germiston, GPFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: passion to drive competency across all levels through business partnering
Cons: growth path
Currently a Training Superintendent - Initially worked at Sasol as Production Specialist and got promoted to a Learning Specialist and SDF. Have a B-Tech (Chem. Eng.) Degree, ETDP Assessor & Moderator Certificates in Training.

Current roles:
•Advises Training dept. on Training Aspects. i.e. legal compliance (CHIETA, MERSETA and ECSA compliance matters, – more... QMS, qualification development.
•Assists during internal Audits by providing required evidence needed by customers in ensuring compliance
•Conduct needs analysis and ensure implementation strategies and monitoring systems.
•Develop Training curriculum for SP’s (Engineers, Artisans MSP’s, Managers), Career Path reviews.
•Advises in terms of learning aspects. E.g. Relevancy of Learning module and courses.
•Assists Assessors as a Moderator – Ensures registration and quality assessment processes for Trainers reporting directly
•Monitoring BBBEE Scorecards and advised in terms of compliance
•Part time work – Part time Lecturer at VUT (Applied Sciences)
•Responsible for ATR & WSP compilation and submissions (Worked with CHIETA & MERSETA) – SDF Role
•Responsible for setting up of Skills & Development & EE Committees and ensures smooth running
•BBBEE Reporting – Data Compilation and advises in terms of improvements of BBBEE Scorecards
•Monthly Reports Compilation of training adherence reports to the Ops Managers, CEO & GM – less
very professional
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 25, 2013
Very Professional Company, Highly recommended for anyone afforded the opportunity to work here
Advancement? HA
Process Control Engineer (Current Employee), Wayne, PAOctober 25, 2013
There is no option for advancement, other than the single route that the company...forces you to take. Basically, either go their route, or stay stuck in a position, great options.
World class manufacturer with great systems in place
Process engineer (Former Employee), Germiston, GPOctober 23, 2013
Pros: subsidised lunches and production incentives
Cons: strict management styles where reigns could be loosened a little
Strict workplace, with strict operating systems. Employees are encouraged to learn and work towards best operating principles. Employees generally know what to do, as well as hierachies of reporting.
Clicky and Spiteful
Rather not say (Current Employee), Savannah GASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: if you have a office job, you have it made
Cons: new mangement
If you have an office Job in IT, HR, Scientists, Accounting, EHS, Engineering or are in management then you have it made and will work minimal days and hours. However if you do not have a office job then you need to be in with this good ole boy click or you will work very long hours, have very low pay, and will have no advancement. Management has been – more... changing for the worse, these groups put on a nice face but then they pounce and become spiteful. – less
Great workplace
Refining and Development Chemist (CO-OP) (Former Employee), West Deptford, NJAugust 20, 2013
Began my career in chemistry here, and was taught to never let my standards drop. This is very important to me and I owe my passion for knowledge to the co-workers who I interacted with.
Chemical Plant
Chemical Plant Process Operator (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 30, 2013
Pros: goog food
Cons: long hours
Duties: Collecting the material from the reception, check the weight, choose the process for the estimation. An operation of variable of plant machines (milling, crushing, blending).Working in a small laboratory for the investigation moisture content .Sending an estimation result and samples to a laboratory and a customer. Management a small chemical – more... recovery plant. Driving forklift trucks ( Reach, Counterbalance ) – less
Alfa Aesar - Wardhill, MA
EHS Specialist (Former Employee), Wardhill, MAJune 25, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: too many to list!
I worked in EHS for almost a year and the culture is authoritarian and the employee morale is through the floor. Management is in inept and the HR manager is in bed with the General Manager. Management has serious ethical issues and not military friendly at all. Alfa Aesar was investigated by OSHA and the VA for violations in 2012. Applicants beware!
Again I loved this job
Travel Secretary (Former Employee), BillinghamJune 22, 2013
Pros: day went so quickly and interestingly
Cons: busy busy busy!
Full on the minute I walked in till the time I went home- I really had to be aware of deadlines and keep a keen eye for details as this could end in disaster for a business traveller.
Former temp emplyee at the phaacuetical supply division in Conshocken
Temp prices operator (Former Employee), Conshocken paJune 4, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: managers and suppervisor
I worked for Johnson Matthey through a temp angency at there pharmaceutical supply division in Conshocken Pa for about 6 weeks.

I liked the job and what they were doing, and I was looking forward to staying there for a long time.

However it apparently was not to be in an instance I was called by the agency I worked through I was told i was no longer – more... needed When pushed as to a reason I was told That I was not picking it up quick enough.

After 5 weeks I was not given any formal training nor did I have much contact with the supervisor ( JJ ) who gave no if any moral or constructive support to me during the short time I was there.

I understand that I was just a temp which goes along with taking a position with an outside source But to not be given the tools or support to do the job was very disappointing to me. – less

About Johnson Matthey

According to Johnson Matthey's math, it adds up to serve the precious metals, catalysts, coatings, and pharmaceutical industries – Read more