Johnson Controls
1,269 reviews

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Small staff makes for many kinds of work
Operations & Maintenance Specialist III (Current Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 12, 2014
Cons: small staff
During a typical day I can be doing anything building infrastructure related because of the small staff.
hard long work week
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), McCalla, ALNovember 12, 2014
overall typical work week and etc.Some of the other employees were friend and some where not. It also provide you with a list sheet telling you where you would be assigned each night on your shift.
Management great with employees, makes for a great work environment and definitely a high volume of productivity.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Texas City, TXNovember 11, 2014
Definitely loved the challenge of learning new projects.
Management was absolutely great and supportive
IT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF WANT TO FURTHER YOUR CAREER IN THE AUTOMOTIVE FEILD.
Production Supervisor - Automotive (Former Employee), Taylor, MINovember 10, 2014
Pros: the company had all way supply us with a birthday cake on are day.
Cons: not being able to take your lunch break on time
Typical day was manning, safety, quality, inspection and daily paper. I learn how manage a production line which I came from and balance myself into a good supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining the respect of my peers. The hardest part of the job is when we all had to say our goodbyes cause our plant shutdown. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was I was able to call my co-worker my family. – less
don't.
Automotive, seat builder (Current Employee), LaGrange, GANovember 9, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: 30 minute lunch, weekends worked, sexism, unfair treatment, some safety, no advancement
I've worked for JCI for three years. Work a lot of weekends. Mandatory overtime- that would be fine if the people on the next shift didn't work you worse then their own people. They harp on safety but as soon as you point something out, they double talk you. Pulling heavy plastic boxes that are broken.
Need new management. Some are Very disrespectful.
Other – more... employees are sorry. They expect one person to work their butt off but others (I.e. their friends) not to work. – less
Production
Production (Current Employee), Eldon, MONovember 8, 2014
Pros: insurance, friendly co workers
Cons: supervisors, no family life, too much drama
If you enjoy your family DO NOT WORK HERE. If your single good place to work. They make their employees work 10 to 12 hrs a day seven days a week. No exception. If you dont work it your FIRED. Can only use restrooms on breaks every 2 hours or so. If you get caught using restrooms between breaks you will get wrote up. Management DOES NOT care about a – more... employees family or homelife they only care about how many parts they can get out in a days time. Breaks and lunch are a joke. 10 minute breaks and 20 minute lunches. This plant for JCI is the most underpaid plant of any plants they own. The workers are overworked and underpaid. The coworkers are nice but the managment are rude and cause hostile work environments. This company has been known to break up marriages due to the hours and no family life. I would suggest to look else where. – less
Unmet Expectations
Assembly and Janitor (Current Employee), Holland, MINovember 7, 2014
Pros: lots of work to be done.
Cons: unmet expectations
Contract company indicated that company would hire direct after 520 hours. After more than 700 hours of working overtime, showing up and working. HR never conducted interview.
Not a bad place to work
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee), Princeton, INNovember 5, 2014
Good people to work for and with. Very challenging at times.
great team members
chiller mechanic (Former Employee), Simi ValleyNovember 3, 2014
Pros: team
Cons: you are on an island
the mechanics are great and have no hangups about helping oneanother and sharing information. union brothers all of them, management is the area needing attention, huge companies apply a one size fits all model.
Very productive and family orientated
Assembler/Material Handler (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 3, 2014
Pros: the pay, the weekends off, weight room up stairs
Cons: the closure of the plant
The best job that I have ever had in my 27 years of being in the work industry. Co-workers were like family, from the Plant Manager down to the sanitation workers. We dealt with 5S, SixSigma, Black Belt....I actually learned most of my computer from being employed with this company, they offered computer classes.
Virtual Empoyee
GWS Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 3, 2014
Pros: paid business trips, benefits, supplied work computer and phone
Cons: divestiture of my business unit
As a virtual employee with Johnson Controls I was given more than enough work to complete daily. Felt included in most correspondence that employees that report to the office each day.
Trainer and Hi-Low material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee), Hartland, MINovember 3, 2014
Pros: profit sharing and raises.
Cons: limited breaks and long work days
A day would consist of make sure everything the operators needed was in the work cell. Giving breaks on presses as needed. I learned to Scan and ship parts. Co-workers and I would work great together I am a well spoken person that along with everyone that I am around. I really enjoyed my job as Hi-Low driver and learning new thing that came in hand – more... everyday. – less
Fast Paced, Excellent work culture
Change Manager (SAP) (Former Employee), Holland, MINovember 2, 2014
Johnson Controls is a excellent company to work with with very good compensation.
Good Job
Contract Technical Writer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 30, 2014
Good Job, good tech writing group, good company..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Johnson Controls is #1 in safety, great to work with
O & M GENERALIST 4 (Current Employee), Vega Baja, PROctober 30, 2014
Johnson Controls is #1 in safety, great to work with, JCI is a family
Productive and fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving Inspector (Former Employee), WestPoint, GaOctober 29, 2014
Pros: excellent break room, climate controlled.
Cons: no benefits.
Production was always made and management was excellent. Everyday there was always something to do. I I need anything there was always someone to help.
fast paced and good pay
Production/Assembly (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good pay with a raise every 6 months
Cons: the management doesn't seem to really care about their empolyees
the jobs can be difficult and the management is lax. The pay and benefits are good and there are 4 weeks out of the year we have off.
Demanding but rewarding work atomoshere
X Manager (Current Employee), USAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits/pay and opp to advance
Cons: top heavy in management and too much red tape to get somethings done.
Johnson Controls is a great company to work for-
They have great benefits and pay well but expect top tier performance from their employees.
Productive workplace
Forklift driver (Former Employee), StrakoniceOctober 28, 2014
My typical day started at 6:00 and finished at 14:30. My role was drive a forklift and load and unload material from truck and move material to manufactury. My co-workers was fine we haven't any problems each other, we help each other when was necessary.
Solid company - but don't expect much
Systems Engineer / Architect (Current Employee), MilwaukeeOctober 28, 2014
Pros: consistent. decent pay
Cons: poor leadership. zero chance to move up or even laterally.
JCI will probably be around for a long time. But IT will slowly move to outside resources. No room for advancement.

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos