Johnson Controls
1,202 reviews

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hard working team
O & M Critical Site Specialist III (Former Employee), Rensselaer, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: shift work
I provided a service that included HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry Johnson Controls taught me how to manage my time . I had a great team of co workers and managers. The customer comes first. The hardest part of my job was the shift work. The most enjoyable part was learning many different types of trades.
Supplier development is fun
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: driving to to supplier locations
Supplier monitoring(conducting supplier audits at supplier manufacturing locations)
My current job demands from me to have: ability to relate to employees at all levels of business, ability to work in a team, be a self starter with an ability to drive projects to completion, be committed to quality, high degree of accuracy in data analysis and adhering – more... to approved company procedures, to have good understanding and knowledge of ISO Quality & Safety standards, to be a Good Communicator (tact and the ability to explain things clearly), to be a Good team leader (Sharing information and influencing others) and be Computer literate. – less
Always something new, a great start with my transition
System Technician II (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: different people and different projects
Cons: hiring bad subcontractors.
Typical day consists of working with project managers, system designers, system engineers, and subcontractors. Whether it was engineering drawings on a project, supervising the subcontractor on the wiring and installation of the building automation system, or commissioning a project for a customer, it was always something new.

Management was very supportive, – more... they assisted when help was required. The coworkers understood the team concept which made it very easy during my transition from the military sector to the civilian sector.

The hardest part of the job was the schedule and location of the projects. There may be two projects that requires your immediate attention.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Another form of satisfaction was the completion of a project and understanding the intensity of the hard work that was involved during the project. – less
Great stepping stone to a career
Contract Manager (Current Employee), Hawthorne, NYSeptember 27, 2014
Great stepping stone to a career. I was able to utilize many of the skills taught in college.
Inventory Analyst
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), JCIM in Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers.
Cons: read my review.
Worked there 5 weeks never got paid, never received an insurance card never had a desk to work from. I was in charge of 7 people of which 2 quit within the second week after I started. After 5 weeks there was no action by management to replace these people. Access to the data to do the job was not provided in full after 5 weeks.
Bathrooms were filthy – more... and basic needs like toilet paper and paper towels were often not available. Staff worked far too many hours to be accurate. Inventory was not secure nor accurate. No one would believe the on hand counts and demanded a cycle count daily.
ERP software was 25 years old and not reliable and no one fully understood how it worked.
Master Schedulers who worked there had no idea what a work order was. Sales orders were used to drive demand and cost accounting was non-existant. – less
Johnson Controls
PRODUCTION LINE LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Eldon, MOSeptember 25, 2014
• Assembly Line Operations
• Supervising a operators and crew
• Production Line Efficiency
• Machinery Assembly
• OEE Reports
• Motor Control
• Logic Control
• Aerial boom and crane lift
• Crane assist lift • Basic Equipment Repairs
• Safety Standards
• Quality Controls
• Single Phase Wiring
• Directional Control Valve Assembly
• Welding (MIG and Stick)
 – more... 5s
• Metallurgy
• Hydraulics
• Pneumatics – less
Fortune 500
DIRECTOR CUSTOMS COMPLIANCE, NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA (Former Employee), Holland, MISeptember 24, 2014
High energy, fast paced automotive supplier where I worked with an amazing team of talented people.
Place for advancement
Faberication Production Planner (Current Employee), wichita ksSeptember 24, 2014
Very busy, heavy work load and many hours. started on the assembly line now I work in the office. Pleasant place to work. The hardest part of my job is all the overtime.
Good place to work and grow your career
Field Technical Support Engineer III (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2014
I enjoyed my work with Johnson Controls and learned alot about the business through my career. Specifically construction business with a focus on building automation systems.
Professional place of work.
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee), SellafieldSeptember 24, 2014
I worked as part of a team of graphics professionals providing photography, video and graphic art to a range of national and international customers.

The department was closed in 2005 as it was not considered a core part of Johnson Controls. The team members went on to working within the industry in a freelance manner each working interdependently.
family duitys conflicted
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Northwood, OHSeptember 23, 2014
best job ever had. good work environment. good people.Was well supported buy quality control and engineering
Assembly production
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 23, 2014
buildseats for chrysler by putting headrest on seat handle and other parts at a timely fasion i train other co-workers to do the same thang ive learned other positions at the job line it was a great exprience for me because i no what to expect in the car company business
Productive Work Place
Production Worker (Former Employee), West Point, GASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: meet production free lunch on company
Cons: if we dont hit rates short lunches and breaks
meeting before shift... tell us where we at and where we headed far as production and where we at with the costumer. head to line and begin a safe and productive work day. goals is to hit as many as 260 seats within fours period before lunch and sail though the rest of the day safely.
non-fuctional job site
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 21, 2014
Johnson Controls was just a job to me that paid money the management was horrible
Hard job
Material Handler (Former Employee), West Point, GASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: working together
Cons: no team sprit
was very different to work with others who only cared about the breaks and lunch period.
good training set up
team leader (Current Employee), sunderlandSeptember 19, 2014
training is to a good and well looked after working to targets
Good learning
SAP ABAP Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 18, 2014
Good learning and work life balance . Learned Web dynpro interaction across various regions ..
Clean facility, great co-workers, adiquit pay and benifits.
Pressroom (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: clean and good pay
Cons: way too many hours, work seven days a week
Good place to work. Good co-workers and associates. Very clean facility. Good pay and benifits.
great job
Laser Welding Machine Operator (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: worked with my dad
Cons: bad location
Assembly Line Operator/Laser Welding Machine Operator
Loaded and unloaded parts into laser in efficient manner for automotive manufacturing
Provided safe and equipped machinery for production prior to shift
Developed successful routines for accomplishing tasks quickly and efficiently
assembly
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not making enough money
A typical day consisted of running a machine and inspecting different car parts. I learned how to operate different machines. The management was friendly. I got along with all my co-workers very well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with lazy people. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things everyday,

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos