1,063 reviews

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job for providing for your family
Production worker (Current Employee), Riverside, MOJune 24, 2014
After two years of being on the Production Line my body has had enough. With that being the case this is still one of the best jobs I have ever had. Good pay + Reward/Incentives + Medical Benefits that are second to none.
injection molding
Mold Setter/Material Handler (Former Employee), Kendallville, INJune 22, 2014
the jod ended and we sent all the work to mexico and the building went up for sale
Excellent working condition and overall experience
Manager-Information Technology (Current Employee), MumbaiJune 21, 2014
Learn lot of things in terms of professional work areas.
Learn lot of things in terms of Management
Co-workers are very good and always supportive. Always help others in case of any need.
We are working as a part of single family.
A fast pace work environment where demand has to be met.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Westpoint, Ga.June 20, 2014
Pros: the work family relationship
Cons: long hours
A typical work day is, fast pace, to get the demand in,produce product, deliver, and make sure the customer is satisfied. Working with the team that I work with, I have learned numerous things, from day to day managment to productivity in a single days work, one of the most important is "Data means everything". I can honestly say that majority management – more... team here is part of a great management team. My co-workers and team members are the best, they do anything to help get the job done. The best part of the day is accoplishment , to leave the job after a great day of work. – less
Solid and diverse company
MidAtlantic Region Operations Manager (Former Employee), MidAtlantic Region - Vitual locationJune 19, 2014
Pros: fair compensation
Cons: too many restructurings
Great place to work. Working in Performance Contracting (Solutions) the virtual office environment offers ability to really focus on tasks.
Horrible place to work.
IT Coordinator at Lakewood Metals and Mechanisms (Current Employee), Holland, MIJune 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: ignorance in decision making by management.
I enjoy the work that I do at JCI. I've learned a lot about VLAN's, networks and wireless networks. Management is very poor. The manager I work for has a "bully" attitude and is not a people person. He would rather threaten your job on a daily basis than try to work with you to bring the environment to the 21st century.
Other workers in the plant are – more... very nice and very respectful. I do enjoy the interactions with those type of people.
The hardest part of my job is that my bosses know nothing about IT. However, they make all of the decisions for the IT department. This has created a lot of stress because they make very poor decisions, even after I've tried to steer them in the right direction. They have the tendency to do the exact opposite of what I recommend. I would not reecommend that anyone go to work at this location for JCI. Everyone in a salary position is looking for something else, somewhere where they are treated like a human and not a dog. – less
JCI Electronics is being sold to Visteon. Had many good years at JCI.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Holland, MIJune 16, 2014
Pros: global company, flexible
Cons: benefits expensive, no loyalty, do not feel valued
The best part of the job is the caliber of the people I work with.

The worst part of the job is the long hours working at night or starting early morning because the 13-14 time difference with Japan. Night and early morning meetings are needed to support both internal/external customers.
Challenging enviroment
Security and Fire (Project Manager) (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 16, 2014
Pros: lots of air miles, big job sites, technically challenging
Cons: don't have a real schedule of when i will be out of town.
My typical day includes going over the financials for projects as well as ordering parts, engineering and installing Fire alarm systems of varying sizes.
I have learned a lot more about the financial side of how projects work here at Johnson Controls.
This office is a very small office with about 10 people 6 of which are full time office staff. Alaska – more... makes for a challenging work enviroment because of the size of territory covered. – less
Could not have chosen a worse place to work
employee (Current Employee), Florence, SCJune 14, 2014
The plant mgr is a bully. His management style is by intimidation and threats. He cannot be pleased. All assignments are changed as soon as completed and presented. The man is out of his mind and a danger to others!
Very fair
Production Worker (Former Employee), Holland, OHJune 13, 2014
co-workers are fair and helpful. Leaned all manufacturing procedures 5S is very important to know and they taught this very well.
OBIEE
Sr. OBIEE Developer (Current Employee), new yorkJune 10, 2014
OBIEE Developer, Sr. OBIEE Developer with Lead experience and 8 years of over all experience.
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2014
leave from home going to different places everyday trouble-shooting controls working on York chillers, boilers, air handlers etc. I learned more about chillers. management was good. Nothing was really that hard. The thing I liked best was working at Microsoft.
Company with stable history
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJune 5, 2014
Large company that continues to see growth on a global level.
Very faced paced, never a dull moment
CUSTOMER SERVICE/TRANSPORTATION ANALYST (Current Employee), Holland, OHJune 4, 2014
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: long hours
Johnson Controls is a great company to work for.
I have learned a great deal while working there.
The hardest part about the job is there are sometimes long hours, and very stressful moments.
ASSOCIATE ENGINEER / TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 3, 2014
• Managed and updated web and application servers; resolved engineering problems utilizing analysis techniques.
• Designed and maintained statistical and service reports; adhered to written system guidelines.
• Maximized user support, responding to inquiries, resolving conflicts and completing proper documentation.
Productive, busy environment with some humor, good place to work.
Operation Manager, Balboa Naval Hospital (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 2, 2014
Pros: fm staff
Cons: half mile walk to the job site
Good environment, staff work well together. Hospital management good to work with. Good experience working on the federal side of JCI and the processes.
Manage omputer issues in a timely manor and migrate pc's
Contracted I.T Employee (Former Employee), West Union, scJune 2, 2014
Pros: helping employees on a daily bases
Cons: lead work enviroment
Manage Small thin clients that display data to the employees on a needed bases.
Fix issues with software for employees on a day to day bases
Migrated pc's from XP to win 7
Productive and a fun place to work!
Line Assembler (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOJune 1, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: layoffs
Excellent people to work with in the work environment. The hardest part of the job was working in very warm temperatures around the molds.
Decent place to work for
Production Worker (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMay 30, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: unorganized
Nothing really hard at the job, just have to get a rhythm down to hit cycle times. I Learned how to make a driver and passenger seat both manual and power. A lot of the co-workers are nice and cool. The hardest part of the job is the heat in the summer do to the machines throwing out a lot heat to weld the parts. The most enjoyable part of the day is – more... the work atmosphere. – less
Production Area Manager (Former Employee), Kernersville,NCMay 30, 2014
Pros: close to the city, great workforse
Cons: you have to wear ppe, management style need to evolve.
Its a very intense environment, not everyone can stand but its an adventure every day, if you want to put yourselves to the challenge, this is the place to work.

About Johnson Controls

BLJC is the Canadian leader in the provision of workplace management services for real estate portfolios. Their team of over 1,200 – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos