Johnson Controls
1,312 reviews

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GWS is Fractured and in the middle of a sale
Operations & Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Currently working in the GWS Division. I cant say that leadership is all that good. The division is currently being sold
Line Worker (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: lot of overtime, good pay
Cons: hard work
Nice place to work willing to teach you the skills needed to be productive. Long work hours with plenty of overtime. A typical work day lasted until production was complete which made some days run short but most ran long. The hardest part of the job for me was managing work at night with school during the day.
Company was great to work for but the location assumed the employee relations of the contract company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Ashland, KYJanuary 3, 2015
i was in charge of security force on shift there was over 03 employees in was in charge of at times.
Challenging, well organized , advanced training as well as good management support
District Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Central TexasJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good pay, yearly raise reviews, good benifits
Cons: frequent travel requirements
This organization was top notch throughout. Co workers were both professional and friendly. My managers were supportive and would offer coaching when needed. A very "open door" type policy
Automobile Car Seats
Die Setter (Former Employee), Clanton, ALDecember 31, 2014
Pros: coordinated work enviroment
Cons: assignment ended and was laid off.
Assembly line work, trained to operate as a Fork-Lift Operator, and also trained as a die-setter.

Management coordinated well with employees

I worked in a very controlled enviroment. The job was not hard at all and I enjoyed working with them.
Fun and Relaxed
Accountant/Payroll Processor (Former Employee), Taylor, MIDecember 31, 2014
This was a very casual and interesting place to work. I started off as a general account there, where I was just responsible for my client accounts. Reconciling, fixing any issues or problems with invoices or orders. I ended up being the payroll processor when a co-worker left. There I was responsible for processing the payroll for the whole plant of 100+ employees.
fast paced and very challenging
Systems Technician (Building Automated Systems) (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 30, 2014
Pros: cross-training, advancement
Cons: contingent employment
Fast-pace environment with continuous deadlines. Safety is the most important concern throughout the day working within a construction setting with various trades. Effective communication is needed to complete task. Before performing task outline the specifics of the task and tools and/or potential hazards. Identify all contact references as needed.
UNSTABLE
battery deco (Former Employee), Middletown,DEDecember 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: unstable
they hire you.You fill out all the paperwork and wait for an orientation date...then they call you and say they didn't forget about you that production was slow and then never hear from them again.....
Customer focused position leading to increased profit
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILDecember 22, 2014
I work with a number of different verticals - Big Box Retailer, Industrial, School Districts, Higher Education, and Government Facilities.

-Internal Process improvements to increase the speed and efficency of our procedures.
-Aquire new business through referrals and internal networking
-Increase accuracy of customers performance
-Register customers annually for Demand Response Programs that are offered by the Electric Utility Companies
-Manage a team of up to 15 people on implementing energy efficiency projects
-Frequently involved in management trainings and decision making
Satisfing work with wonderful customers.
Refrigeration Tech Contractor at GlaxoSmithKline (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: heavy on call rotation - every 3 weeks
My job includes PM and repairs of various lab and kitchen equipment. The customer relationships I have built keep me focused on being the best employee I can be. I truly enjoy the relationship with my 2 coworkers.
A fast paced and great place to work and implement effective strategies.
Production & Global Warranty Returns Supervisor (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: clean and well run coorporation
Cons: job was moved to reynosa, mexico
I spent a lot of time with JCI as a Production Supervisor as well as the Global Warranty Returns Manager.

I used lean manufacturing and Six Sigma process improvement strategies and implemented them to cut down on any waste and raise our productivity.

I also evaluated many employees and set employee and departmental goals.
Good company with good pay but limited advancement opportunities
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Holland, MIDecember 18, 2014
Pros: fast paced enviornment, big company, developing team members.
Cons: stopped promotion of anyone without a degree and changing management.
Typical day includes having a hand off from the previous shift, using that information to communicate to your team at the beginning of the shift and provide any training necessary. Throughout the day you manage all key measures, schedule the production, troubleshoot issues, and address any people issues. Management changes are constant. I worked with some of the most dedicated people that had great knowledge in their field. The hardest part of the job is JCI has eliminated promotions if you do not have a degree. The most enjoyable part of the job is working together with a great team to better yourself an the company.
Great place to work!
Regional Systems Project Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore and surrounding areasDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great benifits and company training available.
Cons: 30 mile commute in direction of rush hour traffic.
The only issue with working for them in the position I was in was the amount of work they expected you to perform. I sometimes had 16 to 18 projects going at the same time. It was a little overwhelming at times. Management did provide assistance when needed.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Sparks, MDDecember 17, 2014
Working at Johnson Controls gave me a tremendous amount of experience in my career that I am grateful for. This company embrace employee concern, development and most certainly promotes from within.
supply ford was a lab tech
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Shelbyville, KYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: high pay rate, buy dinner for workers great benefits
Cons: some months work lot of overtime 70 hrs week
I would layout parts for company,calibrate the machinery that day,management was involed went need it was a team environment
great job
Line worker (Former Employee), Middletown, DEDecember 12, 2014
great job, just no days off
i learned how to make batteries
management was excellent
my co workers we fun to work with
hardest part of the job was staying awake on 3rd shift
the most enjoyable part of the job was the pay
Good people and excellent coworkers
Senior Product Success Manger (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: parking
JCI is overall a really good place to work. My co workers are awesome.
Interesting work.
Compliance Specialist - Paralegal (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2014
Pros: flex hours
Cons: not enough work
I was trained in compliance investigation methods and used a variety of search engines. I also was trained in the management system by Oracle.
Worked for Johnson for 11 years.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
I manage the operation and maintenance for buildings, grounds, and manufacturing machinery at the facility, and work assignments for building technicians, vendors, and contractors.
I also manage the facilities within the prescribed budget, and coordinate all work assignments among building technicians, vendors, and contractors.
not for everyone
Quality technician - (pm) (Former Employee), largoDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 20 minute lunchbreak
Cons: by your own health care
very hot environment no air condition very little for advancement.

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos