Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
my favorite job
welder/fabricator (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 11, 2012
Pros: lots of cold drinks all over warehouse
Cons: n/a
I got tonnes of O.T. with these guys I wish I could get my job there back in fact. MIg welding galvanized steel most of the day, I learned lots about HVAC equipment and the inside components of the units. Everyone I worked with had a good energy and if I got the call to go back and work for these guys I'd be there in a second

September 28, 2012

There is lots of overtime due to Ajax management being incompetent. Do they care for their employees? That's the million dollar question.

dynamic, interesting, safe work environment
General Laborer (Former Employee), fort mc murray abJuly 17, 2013
Pros: camp life, shift work, pay
the camp that I stayed at was amazingly kept. the job scope included shoveling and sanding during winter seasons, garbage pick up, general camp maintenance, attended both daily tool box meetings. weekly safety meetings. worked with various tools, and in different environments.
loved going to work
Production Technician (Former Employee), Shelburne, ONSeptember 7, 2012
This was a good job, good people and great time. It was very repetative work, but rotating through several jobs during the day made it a lot better. It was a sad day when this company decided to move locations.
productive workplace
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee), Stratford, ONMarch 10, 2014
operated sewing machine
learned how to sew seat covers;
worked together in a team, from start to finish
and produced seat cover.
hardest part was saying goodbye to that job,and having it go to Mexico.
most enjoyable part was able to go to work daily
Productive and good learning experience
AutoCAD Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2012
As a coop student I learned a lot of valuable skills while working there while also applying my knowledge from my skills working there.
Had fun with great people
Production Operator (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 27, 2014
quality control for a Automotive company.

Co-worker were great.

Hardest part was working late hours

Enjoyed days and meeting new people
i like to ride motorcycles
Production Technician (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: it was a great place to work
Cons: i work straight midnight shift
I inspect foam pads for defects and trim flash of foam pads then hang on belt for packaging and i liked working there it was a fast pacing job
its a good please to work at
BLJC Inc. (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 26, 2013
Pros: time of work is flaxable
Cons: people are all very nice
working there are nice,

the co-working there all are so sweet and nice,
also the department of (CPC & CIBC) account assistance
they are awesome workers
very demanding
line worker (Former Employee), Milton, ONApril 2, 2013
overall Johnson controls is a good work environment. however, they just had half of the buisness move south and it is a bit chaotic right now. its very hard on the body and fast paced but i didnt personally mind that
Good oppertunity
Lead Systems Specialist, PM (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2013
Pros: w
Cons: e
Good opportunities provided by indeed for the people to find employment.
Can be a rewarding place.... But be prepared to be mislead and preached at.
Service Foreman (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 3, 2013
Pros: good union wages, uniforms, safety boots, commission paid on profitable work
Cons: disorganization of leadership, inconsistent hours, false front for safety
I worked for JCI Saskatoon for about 5 years. I originally accepted a position as a foreman and was given a good wage through the union agreement. Presented with many challenges which I enjoyed, I was rewarded for good achievements financially. A majority of your coworkers will be very pleasant to work with. The company itself is very profit and growth driven, as to be expected for any public traded company. They will do whatever it takes to generate revenue for their shareholders, a good front is put up for ethics and safety, but not perhaps overly truthful when reviewed from within. The greater focus on profit will come over ethics. If you are willing to look the other way a little or wear rose colored glasses... you certainly have an opportunity to advance.
Things to beware; safety is preached by leadership, but not followed by the same leadership (false sense of safety). You will be provided with more than ample safety equipment, but no one to instruct or guide you in the safe use of it (local all the way to the regional safety managers). You will be given a DVD to watch, that will be your safety orientation and you will sign a document/release form of you being oriented.
Leadership will "read" what they are to say to you, coming from the corporate head office during annual events (Vision Week), which perhaps shows that leadership doesn't buy what they are trying to sell???
Overall, they simply lack on being organized. From new hire training/orientation all the way to the execution of work. That lack of organization leads to lack of profit on jobs, and that can lead to a – more... lack of work/hours for you as a hourly employee. There can be division between employees and work, two employees of equal capability, one will get overtime while the other may only get 20-30 hours. Management will play this game with you until you either receive a lay off or quit to go elsewhere, I witnessed this on several occassions. Like a fool; I was fore warned by previous employees, and in disbelief thought the several instances to be isolated.... I too am living proof!!!!
The longest lasting employees are the ones that have worked for a company before JCI has bought it... that's how they claim to have long-term employees... the rest are managers!!! Have you got what it takes???? – less
A very good employer.
Operations Director - General Commercial Division (Current Employee), Montreal, QcFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: subcontrator environment
Great working environment and the co-workewrs are wonderful. Overall, it's a fanatastic place to work!
great place to work lots of fun
PROJECT MANAGER, COMMISSIONING (Former Employee), Ottawa,ONOctober 1, 2013
Pros: basebakk, curling and golf
Cons: some weekend work
good working environment shared experience with team. co-workers were great learned a great deal on the job
excellent place to work great work environment
Team Member (Current Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: many rewards
Cons: nothing can think off
fast pace can be challanging great team members great rewards through out year enjoy providing defect free parts and a clean work station
FUN PLACE TO WORK
SECURITY AND FIRE TECH (Current Employee), CALGARY ALBERTA CANADANovember 29, 2012
Pros: go working place
Cons: too cold in winter-
TROUBLE SHOOT AND RESOLVE ACCESS AND CCTV ISSUES
AND ALSO INSTALL ALL $5000 PROJECTS THAT COME IN OUR SERVICE DEPARTMENT
I FEEL GOOD WHEN AN ISSUE IS RESOLVED
productive workplace with a tennis board
installer (Current Employee), miltonAugust 19, 2012
this is a very good company that takes pride in production staff and team members are friendly and helpful towards each other
productive work place
Payroll clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 23, 2014
Friendly Boss , Nice place to work, warm environment,
challenges my knowledge and skills, Good work atmosphere.
professional work environment
free breakfast during week end overtime
Labour/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 10, 2012
challenging;learned how automotive plastic parts are manufactured.;co -workers are kind and cooperative.
A typical warehouse
Machine Operator (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 6, 2013
Pros: coffee break
Cons: doing the same thing everyday
Everyday worked at different position, and tried to reach the target.