Johnson Controls
1,061 reviews

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun work environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Holland, MIJuly 15, 2014
it was a great work environment, the coworkers were friendly, fast paced work environment, learned the difference between good welds and bad welds, no job security for temps. the work day consists of physical labor that requires knowledgeable skills as required.
Great
Assembler (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good enviornment
Cons: pay rate
The hardest part about the job is staying cool. No air conditioning and the company makes heating and air conditioners.
Good Team
Technical Administrator - Permanent (Current Employee), West Thurrock, EssexJuly 14, 2014
We at Johnson Controls look after the Boilerhouse for P&G.

It's not easy because the equipment is old.

We have learned as a team to work together and have learnt to keep things going.

The hardest part is that there are several items of plant (like the Boiler & RO plant) which are unique and keep production going.

The challenge is to do so within – more... budget, which most of the time we do!@ – less
Clean and safe productive work place
Assembler (Current Employee), Largo,FLJuly 13, 2014
Pros: do not have to clock out for breaks
Cons: last break only 10 minutes, no air conditioning, not enough breaks breaks for 10 to 12 hour shifts
Johnson Controls is a very safe and clean productive work place. Supervisors and Managers are always making sure that everything has its own safe place and that its employees are working in a clean enviroment at all times.
No Comments
Store Cashier (Former Employee), Kwajalein, Marshall IslandsJuly 11, 2014
Pros: no comments
Cons: no comments
I learn new things from this Company, Everyone is work as a teams, Everyone is always follow the safety rules.
PRODUCTIVE & FUN WORKPLACE
Sr. Design Engineer (Current Employee), Plymouth, MIJuly 10, 2014
Pros: work invironment
Cons: nothing
EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK, CO WORKERS ARE EXCELLENT, EVERY DAY TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW
Great Experience
HR and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Edison NJJuly 10, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: short breaks
Meet a lot of new people and enjoyed working with each and everyone.
machine operator grade 3
Erhaedt operater (Former Employee), dept. 211July 7, 2014
Pros: being viewed as a leadperson
Cons: not being paid as a lead person and too much overtime
My last six years at JCI have been primarily leading 4-6 person teams either building tops far AC units or heat exchangers for furnaces.
My job title was machine operator but typically I oversee one or two support cells for the furnace lines. Most of this time has been on second shift with the past six months on first shift.
Ok place to work
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Riverside, MOJuly 7, 2014
Pros: latest techonology
Cons: long hours, feel underpaid
Working with 2 guys in department running a 24/7 operation.
ok place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Holland, MIJuly 6, 2014
Pros: plenty of hours if u want them
Cons: managment doesnt know what they doing or care about employees being with their family
management doesn't tell you anything til the last minute, people on production floor have more common sense and can think stuff through more than people in office
Audio Tester
Audio Tester (Former Employee), Holland, MIJuly 5, 2014
Pros: temporary work, always new coworkers.
Cons: alot of walking between sessions.
Compared, evaluated and edited audio files for best sound quality before shipment to distributors.
Productive and educating environment
Administrative Assistant / Data Entry (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: company shutdown between christmas & new years
Cons: lack of training
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my co-workers and the scientists. Part of my job requires me to work with the scientists to get their equipment fixed. I have learned quite a bit about different kinds of lab equipment and research equipment. I spend the majority of my day processing work orders from our in-house technicians, – more... processing invoices & purchase orders, & creating new work requests for broken equipment. The hardest part of my job currently is a new database system that went "live" in April. There have been multiple issues with the software and it has made my job on a daily basis a little frustrating. However, we are all learning how to deal with these issues and still be productive as possible. – less
Siemens or Carrier
Service Operation Agent (Former Employee), Capitol Heights, MDJuly 1, 2014
If you are on the HVAC side, I would recommend going with a competitor. HOWEVER, if you know someone within management, then you should work here. It will be easier to be moved up and for you to be accepted into JCI's "culture"
Safety Challanges at Large Fast Track Projects
Regional Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: excellent and diverse training
Cons: long hours and dangerous workplaces
Safety at hospitals, paper mills, manufacturing plants, and Port Authority projects, created a broad spectrum of safety challenges to remain safe and productive in dealing with hazardous chemicals and medical gases at various site locations requiring the highest safety standards. Working out of a local union provided excellent and diverse training in – more... Fire Life Safety/Security, CCTV installations, and fiber optics. – less
Was a good place to work.
Production Worker - Team Member (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2014
8 hours days, learned to work on production line. Management was good, co-workers was fun to work with.
Excellent Place to work
Latin America Logistics and Procurement Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 25, 2014
Pros: global presence
Cons: no many
Define corporate and local goals
Export markets LATAM
Typical America coorporate
Fun and productive customer service
Assembler (Former Employee), Clanton, ALJune 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is team work. I must say team work because when your working with others you have to make sure everything is right. Without your team work things can go terribly wrong. So with team work things would run smoothly.
Good Place
Master Scheduler (Sourcing Management) (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJune 24, 2014
Pros: empowerment
Cons: management, advancement
Johnson Controls - you just never know what your going to get but overall the Company is great. People can break your experience.
Great job for providing for your family
Production worker (Current Employee), Riverside, MOJune 24, 2014
After two years of being on the Production Line my body has had enough. With that being the case this is still one of the best jobs I have ever had. Good pay + Reward/Incentives + Medical Benefits that are second to none.
injection molding
Mold Setter/Material Handler (Former Employee), Kendallville, INJune 22, 2014
the jod ended and we sent all the work to mexico and the building went up for sale

About Johnson Controls

BLJC is the Canadian leader in the provision of workplace management services for real estate portfolios. Their team of over 1,200 – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos