Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

In a transition phase
Senior Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2015
During the four years I worked at Johnson Controls, the Canadian senior management and division leaders were in a state of constant change. I reported to five different sales managers over 46 months. In addition, the division I worked in re-organized by the US corporate office twice.
Pros
Good products and services
Cons
Too much constant change
my time at johnson controls was something new to me at the time and I really enjoyed the environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 April 2015
Johnson Controls was company that built parts for General Motors, we would come to work and have a group meeting to listen to any news about Company and to hear of how previous shift was doing,then off to our work stations. the thing I liked about working there was we did 8 1hr jobs so each hour we would change to different areas of our cell area. Management was very easy for.Considering the nature of the job there werent too many challenging jobs if any, very ergonomically correct, and considering how many employees there was I didn't find a problem with anyone(but I wasn't looking for one either)
A Workplace where i can make money to live
production operator (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 April 2015
its like a high school, lots of drama and unnecessary bull. but i have to say i don't regret it because i met the women of my dreams there. the money is good and the vacation time is great.
Good Company to work for
Fire and Security Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2015
• Install /Configure fire/security systems which utilize both core and third party fire/security/electrical technology as defined by the project specification or on retrofit projects while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• installation/service Door Hardware.
• Assist experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems.
• Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
• Assist in monitoring project execution plan.
• Order material from both internal sources and /or external vendors,and expedites as necessary.Ensure timely delivery to appropriate location
• Adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
.we all work as a time
.really enjoy working for JCI our leaders a very help full
Pros
a lot of work
Cons
area is to cold
Well organize and very clean workplace.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2015
It is nice to work for a company like Johnson Controls. I have learn lots of new skills from my co-workers and management.
Not a good fit. New company set up and brand new systems.
MAC Manager (Former Employee) –  King Street East, Toronto, ON20 February 2015
Mainly worked on project invoicing.
Bad morale because of high employee turnover and inadequate systems.

Management tried to be supportive.

Co-workers were very personable and talented.

Hardest part of the job was working with an inadequate system.

Exciting in the beginning being involved in starting a new department.
Pros
People I worked with. Top of the line equipment. Extensive training.
Cons
Expectation for computer system was not met.
Family atmosphere.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON11 February 2015
Formed friendships that are more like family, still in touch with them even though I left. Chance to do multiple jobs including team leader, quality control. The jobs are not physically demanding, or hard to learn, problem is swing shift (2 weeks days, 2 weeks afternoons) is hard on the body and can lead to burnout. Being a union environment advancement is all seniority based, not skill based. Rumours in the auto industry about future is also the worst I have ever faced, constant rumours of job being over, not helped when contract time comes around and management does nothing to dispel them.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Swing shift
A great company to workl for which leads to gainful employment
Quality control (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON29 January 2015
I started as a temporary worker with this company which helped me get in to a full time position within the company I was working for through Olsten's Staffing Services.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
Generally a decent place to work.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 January 2015
Most workers were usually in a good mood and easy to work with.
The entire factory was laid off 3 separate times in one summer which lead to some uneasiness about job security.
The job was very hard on the body, but after creating a high quality seat you were often given compliments.
fast paced enviroment
Automotive Seat Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton21 January 2015
fast paced always moving to keep up with assembly line.
very long days , built seats for Toyota.
very high turnover rates always seeing ppl come and go.
management was good and benefits are good.
Pros
free lunches for meeting quotas.
Cons
every day was a long day
Not what i thought
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC5 January 2015
Although the company is very large and offers a lot of great opportunities, there is not much in the way of personal training and you are left to figure things out on your own. not really at all what I was expecting, as well they sell to contractors as well as bid against them and I don't feel that is what I truly want to be part of
I love my job
Assembly Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 October 2014
A typical day at work runs really well. There are usually some challenges, but overall we have a good time.
Pros
great people
Cons
union conflcts
corrupt
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton18 October 2014
corruption and drugs everywhere, racism and favouritism rampant
lots to choose from
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2014
very fast pace environment. learn how to use limited resources to benefit the company . Management is very lean. co workers great team to work with, Solving personal issues among operators.
to see great accomplishments
Pros
lots to learn with few resources
Cons
limited to resources to use
Calm environment to work at even when things are not going so well.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON8 September 2014
Review KIP's first thing in the morning. I follow-up on any start-up issues first thing in the morning. Verify my manning to ensure we have the right team members in the right places to cover customer demand.

Assist my team in the proper manor, to conduct scrap reduction meetings, and how to engage their support groups.

Encourage my team to continuously look for improvement opportunities.

Daily production meetings, where I would update the management team on issue around production. I would sit with the appropriate manager to talk about production improvements whenever needed.

Excellent team to work with, we have fun doing what we all love doing.

When you feel that you did all of the right things to reduce scrap or increase OEE and the results are not what you had expected. So you take a moment regroup and put together another plan to achieve the goals.
Not an enjoyable place to work. Alot of unhappy people.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON26 August 2014
Scrub hot moulds, pulling foam seats out of moulds ande spraying wax. Inspected seat for no deform effects. How to use different air tools for the job. Dealing with the heat was the hardest part.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Too much weekend work.
Provided many challeging opportunities for all employees
BSOS (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2014
Skills required: prioritizing, multitasking, review and preview,
Typical day: check emails, check phone messages, put paperwork into order and work through depending on the days requirement, do A/R and A/P follow-ups, review daily numbers and react accordingly
Management: Many opportunities for personal and career growth were available and encouraged to be acted upon.
Hardest part; No task is to hard if you enjoy and benefit from it.
Most enjoyable: Satisfaction of a job well done.
Had fun with great people
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 July 2014
quality control for a Automotive company.

Co-worker were great.

Hardest part was working late hours

Enjoyed days and meeting new people
Hard Work and strict
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON23 July 2014
The environment is your typical factory work job. If you do the job you'll go relatively unnoticed. Go above and beyond and you'll be expected to go above and beyond all the time. Under preform and you'll have to answer to uper management.
Pros
Free Breakfast once per year, free christmas dinner, free company trips (ex. Wonderland)
Cons
Long Hours, Stressful conditions if not used to them
Ottawa Operations needs to be reorganized @ the management level
Building Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2014
I think Johnson Controls overall is a good organization overall. Ottawa is a very small part of the company as a whole. I for one could fix the issues @ the management level, but the company would have to discharge some people.
Pros
Overall a good company
Cons
No further comment. Thank you this oppurtunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.