Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and enjoyable
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Sycamore, ILOctober 6, 2014
Pros: excellent benifits
Cons: was no real garentee of a job
Had a great time working here for a right out of high school job
Principal Engineer- Global Quality
Principal Engineer, Global Quality (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2014
Pros: work with some great people. ability to use my knowledge, education and skills to perform some effective problem solving.
Cons: caught up in business restructuring
Responsible for up to 13 manufacturing facilitites globally. Facilitate at DMAIC problem solving meetings with the teams from the other plants which include Monterey and Durango Mexico, Guangzhou China, Sabadell Spain, Nantes France, York Pennsylvania, Hattiesburg Mississippi, etc.

Participated with the other manufacturing and quality teams in the – more... other locations to improve quality to reduce customer warranty, internal scrap and rework.

Advanced Quality- complete, review and approve Advanced Quality teams (Product Engineering) Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEAs) to identify risks with the design and mitigate the high risks using prevention such as design changes and Poka Yokes.

Help train the PPAP process with the other manufacturing facilities. Complete, review and approve PPAP submittals (Process Flow Diagrams, Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Control Plans, Operator Work Instructions, Capability Studies, Measurement Systems Analysis (Gage R&R), etc.

8D Corrective and Preventive Action Champion. – less
Interesting and challenging place to work
Electronics IT Support Team Manager (Former Employee), Holland, MIOctober 4, 2014
The work at Johnson Controls is what the individual wishes to make of it, so if advancement is what one desires there are always opportunities available.

The culture is one of active support and encouragement by the colleagues, with everyone working together towards a common goal.
ok
Strategic Procurement Intern (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2014
Massive management changes that hindered experience.
Massive management changes that hindered experience.
Press Tool Changer/Setter (Former Employee), Leamington paOctober 3, 2014
- Preparing, changing and setting up machine tools to specification
- Change tools by following tool change procedures
- Change tools in sequence of production plan
- Target number of changes per shift
- Adjust machines to achieve correct cycle times
- Ensure correct bead density is used
- Ensure product weights are within the specifications
- Monitor – more... machine performances
- Monitor tool conditions and rectify any faults found
- Investigate ways of improving Health and Safety, waste, training and tool preparing times
- Training of other tool changers – less
Component engineer
Senior Component/Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Holland MichiganOctober 3, 2014
Summary
19.5 years of experience working in technology, (component level design), Quality, (Extensive training from AIAG for APQP/PPAP including certification), TS16949, and business management fields.

Over this period I have trained employees, managed team members, written management justifications for authorizations and Procurement, and integrated – more... Data Management systems for greater efficiency.

For the last 7 years I have collaborated with a cross functional, global team to develop BoM review, PPAP review, and PCN review process moving from a CMM level 2 to level 4 over that period of time, (Effort recognized with a JCI Merit Award).
In the last 18 months I have focused on Kepner Tregoe, Six Sigma, (green belt training), problem solving, leading multiple projects and participating on several other crisis management teams as a Kepner Tregoe certified problem solving and decision making practitioner. – less
fast moving and busy
Temporary staff (Current Employee), Sunderland, ENGOctober 2, 2014
good place to work but not a secure job.

fast moving environment.
Great, enthusiastic working environment
Sr. Engineer\ Technologist (Current Employee), Roswell, GAOctober 1, 2014
My co-workers have made my commute into the office well worth it. I enjoy what I do and also enjoy my coworkers.
Productive environment, good management team.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Sandton, GPSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: international travel
Cons: inability to expand staff due to loss of certain key projects.
flexible working environment. dedicated team of professionals with good international exposure. challenges faced would be communicating with colleagues from countries that are not english speaking on first or second language terms.
Productive with innovative ideas
Software Development (Former Employee), Holland, MISeptember 29, 2014
I had a great experience working with Johnson Controls. I worked as an software integrator and then a software developer. I worked on linux embedded system architecture and used C programming for software development.
Installation and commissioning
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 29, 2014
1.Daily assign work to Technicians and instruct them to same supervising
2.To manage the client without escalation of project parallel to compete the before at the date.
3.Good
4.Working smart and helping to improve the knowledge.
5.The system is hand over to client.
A very fast paced work environment
Scheduler/Planner (Former Employee), milwaukee, wisconsinSeptember 29, 2014
The position included daily multi-tasking, with constant changes to the workload. Many challenges which made the job enjoyable and fulfilling.
Discounts and company activities
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WisconsinSeptember 28, 2014
Discounts range from movie tickets to sporting events. Company activities include family picnics at Milwaukee County Zoo, Xmas parties at a Milwaukee attraction such as Discovery World, Milwaukee Art Museum, etc. and employee softball games.
Hard working team
O & M Critical Site Specialist III (Former Employee), Rensselaer, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: shift work
I provided a service that included HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry Johnson Controls taught me how to manage my time . I had a great team of co workers and managers. The customer comes first. The hardest part of my job was the shift work. The most enjoyable part was learning many different types of trades.
Supplier development is fun
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: driving to to supplier locations
Supplier monitoring(conducting supplier audits at supplier manufacturing locations)
My current job demands from me to have: ability to relate to employees at all levels of business, ability to work in a team, be a self starter with an ability to drive projects to completion, be committed to quality, high degree of accuracy in data analysis and adhering – more... to approved company procedures, to have good understanding and knowledge of ISO Quality & Safety standards, to be a Good Communicator (tact and the ability to explain things clearly), to be a Good team leader (Sharing information and influencing others) and be Computer literate. – less
Always something new, a great start with my transition
System Technician II (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: different people and different projects
Cons: hiring bad subcontractors.
Typical day consists of working with project managers, system designers, system engineers, and subcontractors. Whether it was engineering drawings on a project, supervising the subcontractor on the wiring and installation of the building automation system, or commissioning a project for a customer, it was always something new.

Management was very supportive, – more... they assisted when help was required. The coworkers understood the team concept which made it very easy during my transition from the military sector to the civilian sector.

The hardest part of the job was the schedule and location of the projects. There may be two projects that requires your immediate attention.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Another form of satisfaction was the completion of a project and understanding the intensity of the hard work that was involved during the project. – less
Great stepping stone to a career
Contract Manager (Current Employee), Hawthorne, NYSeptember 27, 2014
Great stepping stone to a career. I was able to utilize many of the skills taught in college.
Inventory Analyst
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), JCIM in Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers.
Cons: read my review.
Worked there 5 weeks never got paid, never received an insurance card never had a desk to work from. I was in charge of 7 people of which 2 quit within the second week after I started. After 5 weeks there was no action by management to replace these people. Access to the data to do the job was not provided in full after 5 weeks.
Bathrooms were filthy – more... and basic needs like toilet paper and paper towels were often not available. Staff worked far too many hours to be accurate. Inventory was not secure nor accurate. No one would believe the on hand counts and demanded a cycle count daily.
ERP software was 25 years old and not reliable and no one fully understood how it worked.
Master Schedulers who worked there had no idea what a work order was. Sales orders were used to drive demand and cost accounting was non-existant. – less
Johnson Controls
PRODUCTION LINE LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Eldon, MOSeptember 25, 2014
• Assembly Line Operations
• Supervising a operators and crew
• Production Line Efficiency
• Machinery Assembly
• OEE Reports
• Motor Control
• Logic Control
• Aerial boom and crane lift
• Crane assist lift • Basic Equipment Repairs
• Safety Standards
• Quality Controls
• Single Phase Wiring
• Directional Control Valve Assembly
• Welding (MIG and Stick)
 – more... 5s
• Metallurgy
• Hydraulics
• Pneumatics – less
Fortune 500
DIRECTOR CUSTOMS COMPLIANCE, NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA (Former Employee), Holland, MISeptember 24, 2014
High energy, fast paced automotive supplier where I worked with an amazing team of talented people.

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos