Johnson Controls
1,264 reviews

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
deliver parts to the line
inventory control (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2014
I knew how many parts and when to deliver the parts to the line every 30 mins so production would not stop
Good company to work for.
Bristol Myers Squibb Receptionist (Former Employee), Devens, MaDecember 1, 2014
Working for Johnson Controls Inc. as the receptionist for the Bristol Myers Squibb site in Devens Ma, was a great job.

The most satisfying part of being the receptionist was greeting and assisting the guests and employees.
Fun environment to work
Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 28, 2014
Pros: health insurance, workout/excersise facility, on-site cafeteria
Cons: dated technology, cramped workspace
The daily work routine is anything but routine. Each day brings a new experience. Management encourages you to bring your own ideas to the table and co-workers keep things fun and inviting keeping the team atmosphere.
Great large company, bad leadership, and bad forecasting
Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 24, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement, work from home, flexible
Cons: old school
The company overall is solid, but there are many inefficiencies and poor management choices that have JCI lagging behind the competition. Management is hit or miss. People are put into manager roles that should not be managers. Things are slow moving. Approvals take forever. The employees are very friendly and hard working.
For the most part....JCI is s good, solid company to work for
Sr. Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 23, 2014
Pros: jci as a company has good benefits, holiday schedule and vacation time
Cons: mgmt plays favorites and can be very back stabbing
The company has a good relationship with the people and being a good partner in the community.

Mgmt is a little back-stabbing and has a tendency to have favoritism in their decision making with employee advancement and career path.
O&M Specialist - Utility Mechanical and Forklift Mechanic
O&M Specialist (Current Employee), O&M technicalNovember 21, 2014
December 2011 – To Present Johnson Controls, Inc – Site Service Janssen Ortho Pharmaceutical
O&M Specialist – Mechanical Utility and Forklift Mechanic
• Performance service in a specialized building system area such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, refrigeration, pneumatics, pumps, boilers, water treatment or machine servicing, etc.
• Sets up – more... and operates tools and machines incidental to operations.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Preventive Maintenance on all Forklift (electric and gas) fleet and HVAC Building and pumps system water.
• Schedule PM for the Forklift fleet and HVAC and pumps.
• Performed of repair as need.
• Welding of heavy and electrical parts of Forklift.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose Forklift and HVAC and pumps.
• Forklift hydraulic repairs.
• Change tires, brakes and bolt components.
• Maintain batteries for Forklift fleet.
• Documentation in “Maximo” system.
• Training in Forklift operation and security.
• Purchasing of require supplies for maintenance and service.
• Forklift operator license.
• Operator of different forklift models.
• Repair of golf carts – less
good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Walhalla, SCNovember 19, 2014
Good company to work for and a lot of friendly people work there. It was easy to learn but it was a lot of repetition.
Large corporate company culture
Account Executive (Former Employee), Lynnfield, MANovember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: corporate culture
Unlike smaller companies, these large corporate companies are only interested in profits.
Good Environment and fun place to work
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Hoover, ALNovember 19, 2014
Cons: very particular about breaks and took care of healthy environment.
While the upper management has high goals set for the company, the employees have been forgotten along the way. Employees have a great deal of expectations put on them, sometimes unattainable goals, definitely untrackable goals. While the company is pretty good overall, it has a long way to go when it comes to being a full service payroll
Productive strong workplace
Global Director Finance Process Optimization (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 19, 2014
Learned how to improve my critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Excellent
Systems Designer (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 18, 2014
This is an excellent corporate company, with normal benefits and vacation. You will travel to multiple sites and be away overnights.
Great culture, good job enviroment
Resident Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Carolina, PRNovember 17, 2014
Makes the most of my qualifications and abilities, and gives me a chance to constantly challenge myself. Quality supervision, a positive work culture at a successful company that encourage me to work at my best.
production work is all about being a team player
production worker (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: long overtime hours
I help assemble the seats for the M-Class and it was a very fast paste work environment. I learned to pay close attention to small details which is very important when working in assemble. I had the most amazing team members and learned that it is impossible to meet production goals without being a team player on a production line. Every day was enjoyable – more... and time seemed to pass really fast when you are having fun. The company was constantly rewarding us for our hard work and dedication and it was greatly appreciated. – less
Slow pace, good enviornment
Tradesman (Former Employee), Baytown, TXNovember 13, 2014
Pros: company lunches, 4-10s work week
Cons: no breaks besides lunch
I would get my filters and work orders for the day, place all the materials in my truck and go the appropritate sites. I learned AC basics and assisted with some AC machanics. Management is overall friendly but strict. Co-workers are rarely together unless placed in a team for a work order that requires more than one person. Hardest part of the job – more... would be, having such a slow pace. Most enjoyable part is being able to work alone most of the time. – less
Good Company overall
Lab Engineer (Current Employee), West Point, GANovember 13, 2014
Pros: great company overall
Cons: super long work hours
A typical work day is fast-paced. There is a here different experiences everyday. The production team does a great job making production. The management team is young and needs better leadership.
Small staff makes for many kinds of work
Operations & Maintenance Specialist III (Current Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 12, 2014
Cons: small staff
During a typical day I can be doing anything building infrastructure related because of the small staff.
hard long work week
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), McCalla, ALNovember 12, 2014
overall typical work week and etc.Some of the other employees were friend and some where not. It also provide you with a list sheet telling you where you would be assigned each night on your shift.
Management great with employees, makes for a great work environment and definitely a high volume of productivity.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Texas City, TXNovember 11, 2014
Definitely loved the challenge of learning new projects.
Management was absolutely great and supportive
IT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF WANT TO FURTHER YOUR CAREER IN THE AUTOMOTIVE FEILD.
Production Supervisor - Automotive (Former Employee), Taylor, MINovember 10, 2014
Pros: the company had all way supply us with a birthday cake on are day.
Cons: not being able to take your lunch break on time
Typical day was manning, safety, quality, inspection and daily paper. I learn how manage a production line which I came from and balance myself into a good supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining the respect of my peers. The hardest part of the job is when we all had to say our goodbyes cause our plant shutdown. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was I was able to call my co-worker my family. – less
don't.
Automotive, seat builder (Current Employee), LaGrange, GANovember 9, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: 30 minute lunch, weekends worked, sexism, unfair treatment, some safety, no advancement
I've worked for JCI for three years. Work a lot of weekends. Mandatory overtime- that would be fine if the people on the next shift didn't work you worse then their own people. They harp on safety but as soon as you point something out, they double talk you. Pulling heavy plastic boxes that are broken.
Need new management. Some are Very disrespectful.
Other – more... employees are sorry. They expect one person to work their butt off but others (I.e. their friends) not to work. – less

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos