Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Calm environment to work at even when things are not going so well.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON8 September 2014
Review KIP's first thing in the morning. I follow-up on any start-up issues first thing in the morning. Verify my manning to ensure we have the right team members in the right places to cover customer demand.

Assist my team in the proper manor, to conduct scrap reduction meetings, and how to engage their support groups.

Encourage my team to continuously look for improvement opportunities.

Daily production meetings, where I would update the management team on issue around production. I would sit with the appropriate manager to talk about production improvements whenever needed.

Excellent team to work with, we have fun doing what we all love doing.

When you feel that you did all of the right things to reduce scrap or increase OEE and the results are not what you had expected. So you take a moment regroup and put together another plan to achieve the goals.
a good company but to corporate
Apprentice Refrigeration Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 November 2012
Johnson Controls is on paper an excellent company, a typical day consisted of building maintenance, quality control and attempting to meet the needs of the clients. I learned a great deal about building operations and client management. I found a majority of the staff helpful committed to the job and enjoyable. My experience with management was poor they had no problem requiring you to work 6-7 days a week and often put off the hope of an apprenticeship. The relationship between staff and management was often toxic and un truthful, it was unfortunate that so many good staff were treated un fairly in order to make bonuses for those who clearly did not deserve it. The job itself was enjoyable and often challenging, but overall challenging due to the corporate ideology
Pros
staff and co workers, working at different locations
Cons
management, too corporate
Automotive has it`s up and downs
former employee (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 October 2015
Long hours when everything was busy, downside to that was when auto industry changed so did the plant, we mirrored what the customer did - if they were busy so were we, if not the same was true
Pros
lots of communication
Cons
downsizing
Worked afternoon,learned how to built parts for cars,Jobs are easy.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2012
Workplace are good.The environment are okay.People are nice and friendly.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
sometimes long hours and sometimes short.
Ok place to work, but if you get hurt following Johnson Controls Safety policies you'll get terminated
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2015
It's an ok place to work, incredibly strict on safety. They provide you with anything you could ever need, but don't get hurt, they'll let you go immediately even if you follow the policies and steps to properly report an injury.
Revolving door syndrome
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 October 2012
This company is a joke to work for. They use bill 168 as an excuse to fire people who actually do their jobs. Team leaders back stab you and management has a system in place 90 % temp workers 10 % fulltime . . this should indicate something to future prospects.
Pros
listen to music while working
Cons
don't even pass gas, someone might get offended and you'll get fired.
was a well run plant, where the company cared about there workers
assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 May 2012
i enjoyed going to work every day that i worked there, i wish the auto industry didn't take a turn for i worst because i would have been stilled enployed there
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long weeks sometimes, but the wage was worth the long hours
Not a good fit. New company set up and brand new systems.
MAC Manager (Former Employee) –  King Street East, Toronto, ON20 February 2015
Mainly worked on project invoicing.
Bad morale because of high employee turnover and inadequate systems.

Management tried to be supportive.

Co-workers were very personable and talented.

Hardest part of the job was working with an inadequate system.

Exciting in the beginning being involved in starting a new department.
Pros
People I worked with. Top of the line equipment. Extensive training.
Cons
Expectation for computer system was not met.
good place to work for
Licensed Electrician (Former Employee) –  Oraangeville, ON6 January 2013
learned alot,variety in the work (not repetitive).
Management would work with employees
Pros
work with employees
Cons
Overall positive experience working with a highly managed and co-operative HVAC systems control team
System Designer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 September 2012
-schedule valves, dampers, room and point controllers for major HVAC systems; such as, schools, hospitals and shopping malls
-contact suppliers for most suitable products for the project
-work with engineers on calculating fluid dynamics for HVAC systems
-design flow layouts for control schematics of individual components
Pros
great management, supportive co-workers, challenging environement
Good Company to work for
Fire and Security Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2015
• Install /Configure fire/security systems which utilize both core and third party fire/security/electrical technology as defined by the project specification or on retrofit projects while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• installation/service Door Hardware.
• Assist experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems.
• Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
• Assist in monitoring project execution plan.
• Order material from both internal sources and /or external vendors,and expedites as necessary.Ensure timely delivery to appropriate location
• Adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
.we all work as a time
.really enjoy working for JCI our leaders a very help full
Pros
a lot of work
Cons
area is to cold
Productive and demanding job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 February 2013
Begins with a morning meeting explaining the needs of the shift (what orders need to be done, how many need to be packed for the day) We then look at the parts and write a list of any parts needed for the shift. After giving the list to the team leader, we proceed to work. I have learned various jobs, anything from being a team leader, running a machine to wiring any furnace in there. My co-workers are all very nice, we work as a team to get our job done and everyone is willing to help each other to achieve this. The hardest part of the day is if we run out of parts or have defective material. The best part of the day is when we achieve our goal and meet the customer demands, it gives me a feeling of satisfaction of having done a good job.
Pros
the pros are having a town hall meeting once a month, getting to voice what is on our minds and, free coffee and doughnuts.
Cons
the job usually requires a lot of overtime.
Ottawa Operations needs to be reorganized @ the management level
Building Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2014
I think Johnson Controls overall is a good organization overall. Ottawa is a very small part of the company as a whole. I for one could fix the issues @ the management level, but the company would have to discharge some people.
Pros
Overall a good company
Cons
No further comment. Thank you this oppurtunity
Fast paced and challenging environment
Systems Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 January 2013
Every day is exciting and challenging because no 2 days are the same. Multi-tasking is a necessity. The managers trust the employees to get their work done. There is no time for micro-managing. The hardest part of the job is when you want something put through, there are so many levels of Delegation of Authority that everything takes longer than you hope for at the Head Office level. The most enjoyable part of the company is the fact that even though everyone is so busy, we always find time for a laugh and really must work together as a team to make things happen. Co-workers become family.
Pros
every new project presents new challenges
Cons
so much 'red tape'
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON27 September 2013
do not think we get paid fairly for the type of the job we do. We had $4 pay cut couple years back never got them back till today even though that the company is making a profit
Pros
bunos is very small almost nothing
Car seat assembler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 December 2015
It was very hard work and physical. We made car seats for the Acura MDX mid section. my Co-Workers were very nice to work with they helped out a lot.
Generally a decent place to work.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 January 2015
Most workers were usually in a good mood and easy to work with.
The entire factory was laid off 3 separate times in one summer which lead to some uneasiness about job security.
The job was very hard on the body, but after creating a high quality seat you were often given compliments.
lots to choose from
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2014
very fast pace environment. learn how to use limited resources to benefit the company . Management is very lean. co workers great team to work with, Solving personal issues among operators.
to see great accomplishments
Pros
lots to learn with few resources
Cons
limited to resources to use
Good pay
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 July 2015
Decent coworkers, was let go because factory shut down.

If it wasn't for a high rate of pay for not having experience, would not have likely stayed there if it was any lower. Only received 7 hour shifts and was sent home early very, very often.
Warranty Administrator
Warranty Administrator (temp) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 June 2013
entering customer applications in to the system daily
I learned more about how to deal with my own home furnace and air conditioning system
I absolutely loved my co workers lunch time was the best time of the day for an hour you get away from work even though your still sitting in the kitchen with everyone
hardest part was the commute
most enjoyable was my lunch hour
Pros
The people really made the day go by
Cons
they where on a hiring freeze