Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in Canada

fast paced enviroment
Automotive Seat Technician (Former Employee) –  MiltonJanuary 21, 2015
fast paced always moving to keep up with assembly line.
very long days , built seats for Toyota.
very high turnover rates always seeing ppl come and go.
management was good and benefits are good.
Pros
free lunches for meeting quotas.
Cons
every day was a long day
Good Company to work for
Fire and Security Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2015
• Install /Configure fire/security systems which utilize both core and third party fire/security/electrical technology as defined by the project specification or on retrofit projects while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• installation/service Door Hardware.
• Assist experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems.
• Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
• Assist in monitoring project execution plan.
• Order material from both internal sources and /or external vendors,and expedites as necessary.Ensure timely delivery to appropriate location
• Adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
.we all work as a time
.really enjoy working for JCI our leaders a very help full
Pros
a lot of work
Cons
area is to cold
Great exposure to a variety of equipment.
Refrigeration Mechanic/Gas Fitter 1 (Current Employee) –  London, ONNovember 27, 2013
A typical day involves being dispatched to different sites for service calls or planned maintenance. I work independently however other mechanics are available via phone for support. I work with the best in the business. I enjoy the constant changes and unpredictable nature of this business as well as the physical challenge.
Ottawa Operations needs to be reorganized @ the management level
Building Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 15, 2014
I think Johnson Controls overall is a good organization overall. Ottawa is a very small part of the company as a whole. I for one could fix the issues @ the management level, but the company would have to discharge some people.
Pros
overall a good company
Cons
no further comment. thank you this oppurtunity
Revolving door syndrome
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONOctober 16, 2012
This company is a joke to work for. They use bill 168 as an excuse to fire people who actually do their jobs. Team leaders back stab you and management has a system in place 90 % temp workers 10 % fulltime . . this should indicate something to future prospects.
Pros
listen to music while working
Cons
don't even pass gas, someone might get offended and you'll get fired.
my favorite job
welder/fabricator (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 11, 2012
I got tonnes of O.T. with these guys I wish I could get my job there back in fact. MIg welding galvanized steel most of the day, I learned lots about HVAC equipment and the inside components of the units. Everyone I worked with had a good energy and if I got the call to go back and work for these guys I'd be there in a second
Pros
lots of cold drinks all over warehouse
Cons
n/a
Great Job
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ONApril 10, 2014
A typical day at work would start at 6am, or 3pm. There would be a pre shift meeting where the supervisor would communicate to the team what was on the daily build schedule for the day and how the performance of the team has been for the past days. I learned how to adapt to different peoples personalities, how to increase the morale of a team when things looked grim, and how to become a part of a family away from home. My co-workers were great and our job seemed to be something we all enjoyed. My upper management were nothing else but helping, understanding, patient, and last but not least a part of our family. The hardest part of my job was knowing that our customer was giving our contracts to another supplier in the states, and knowing we were losing our jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job, was my job.
Pros
rsp match, quarterly bonuses, positive environment
Cons
closed down.
A great company to workl for which leads to gainful employment
Quality control (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONJanuary 29, 2015
I started as a temporary worker with this company which helped me get in to a full time position within the company I was working for through Olsten's Staffing Services.
Pros
family oriented
dynamic, interesting, safe work environment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  fort mc murray abJuly 17, 2013
the camp that I stayed at was amazingly kept. the job scope included shoveling and sanding during winter seasons, garbage pick up, general camp maintenance, attended both daily tool box meetings. weekly safety meetings. worked with various tools, and in different environments.
Pros
camp life, shift work, pay
Calm environment to work at even when things are not going so well.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Review KIP's first thing in the morning. I follow-up on any start-up issues first thing in the morning. Verify my manning to ensure we have the right team members in the right places to cover customer demand.

Assist my team in the proper manor, to conduct scrap reduction meetings, and how to engage their support groups.

Encourage my team to continuously look for improvement opportunities.

Daily production meetings, where I would update the management team on issue around production. I would sit with the appropriate manager to talk about production improvements whenever needed.

Excellent team to work with, we have fun doing what we all love doing.

When you feel that you did all of the right things to reduce scrap or increase OEE and the results are not what you had expected. So you take a moment regroup and put together another plan to achieve the goals.
lots to choose from
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2014
very fast pace environment. learn how to use limited resources to benefit the company . Management is very lean. co workers great team to work with, Solving personal issues among operators.
to see great accomplishments
Pros
lots to learn with few resources
Cons
limited to resources to use
loved it
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  OntarioMay 8, 2015
this was my favorite job! unfortunately it was only a temporary position, everyone in this environment was great! would love to work in this sort of place again!
Productive and demanding job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONFebruary 4, 2013
Begins with a morning meeting explaining the needs of the shift (what orders need to be done, how many need to be packed for the day) We then look at the parts and write a list of any parts needed for the shift. After giving the list to the team leader, we proceed to work. I have learned various jobs, anything from being a team leader, running a machine to wiring any furnace in there. My co-workers are all very nice, we work as a team to get our job done and everyone is willing to help each other to achieve this. The hardest part of the day is if we run out of parts or have defective material. The best part of the day is when we achieve our goal and meet the customer demands, it gives me a feeling of satisfaction of having done a good job.
Pros
the pros are having a town hall meeting once a month, getting to voice what is on our minds and, free coffee and doughnuts.
Cons
the job usually requires a lot of overtime.
a good company but to corporate
Apprentice Refrigeration Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 7, 2012
Johnson Controls is on paper an excellent company, a typical day consisted of building maintenance, quality control and attempting to meet the needs of the clients. I learned a great deal about building operations and client management. I found a majority of the staff helpful committed to the job and enjoyable. My experience with management was poor they had no problem requiring you to work 6-7 days a week and often put off the hope of an apprenticeship. The relationship between staff and management was often toxic and un truthful, it was unfortunate that so many good staff were treated un fairly in order to make bonuses for those who clearly did not deserve it. The job itself was enjoyable and often challenging, but overall challenging due to the corporate ideology
Pros
staff and co workers, working at different locations
Cons
management, too corporate
work at accounting deparment are free like an angle,
BLJC Inc. (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 26, 2013
this work hours there are very flexible, as long you finish your job and finish 7.5 hurts then off you go.
and the co-workers they are all so nice and so easy to get along
you dont have to take lunch time (30mins) you can off work early
Pros
you dont have to take lunch hours (30mins)
Cons
office too cold
Not an enjoyable place to work. Alot of unhappy people.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONAugust 26, 2014
Scrub hot moulds, pulling foam seats out of moulds ande spraying wax. Inspected seat for no deform effects. How to use different air tools for the job. Dealing with the heat was the hardest part.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
too much weekend work.
was a well run plant, where the company cared about there workers
assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 4, 2012
i enjoyed going to work every day that i worked there, i wish the auto industry didn't take a turn for i worst because i would have been stilled enployed there
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long weeks sometimes, but the wage was worth the long hours
productive workplace
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONMarch 10, 2014
operated sewing machine
learned how to sew seat covers;
worked together in a team, from start to finish
and produced seat cover.
hardest part was saying goodbye to that job,and having it go to Mexico.
most enjoyable part was able to go to work daily
Well organize and very clean workplace.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 5, 2015
It is nice to work for a company like Johnson Controls. I have learn lots of new skills from my co-workers and management.
i like to ride motorcycles
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONMay 1, 2014
I inspect foam pads for defects and trim flash of foam pads then hang on belt for packaging and i liked working there it was a fast pacing job
Pros
it was a great place to work
Cons
i work straight midnight shift