Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

A great palce to work. personnel were very easy to work with and made a great transition from CAF member to Johnson Controls operator seamless.
Johnson Controls Operator (Current Employee) –  22 Wing Hornell Heights North Bay Ontario11 February 2016
Daily equipment and systems checks including HVAC units, UPS systems, compressors, pumps, fans, standby generators and fuel systems were functioning and ready.
Computer network checks to ensure that all systems are functioning and communicating with main computer.
Completed daily logbooks and safety checks.
Have great co-workers who were very informative and provided answers to any questions or unfamiliar situations.
Positive Work Environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2016
Days were variable depending on priority and availability of parts required for the assembly line.

Management provided more than required attention to job required to complete which of course makes ease of work and efficiency of day.

Co-workers and work environment pleasant.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 February 2016
Good people, nice work environment, and great management. Fellow employees very helpful with training. Management takes a real interest in helping employees advance within the company. My experiences working at Johnson Controls were very positive.
Fast paced
Health, Safety, Environmental & Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2016
Very fast paced with tons of exposure to all areas of manufacturing and stable environment with room to grow and learn. Mostly good people. Strong union presence
Pros
wide variety of exposure
Cons
spread too thin
quite working office
Contract Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 December 2015
Peacefully working firm.
everyone is nice and warm.
manager are friendly for flexible hours.
i had learn Oracle, A/P, A/R and payroll
Pros
hours flexible
Cons
salary
Ok place to work, but if you get hurt following Johnson Controls Safety policies you'll get terminated
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2015
It's an ok place to work, incredibly strict on safety. They provide you with anything you could ever need, but don't get hurt, they'll let you go immediately even if you follow the policies and steps to properly report an injury.
Car seat assembler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 December 2015
It was very hard work and physical. We made car seats for the Acura MDX mid section. my Co-Workers were very nice to work with they helped out a lot.
horrible company to work for!
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 November 2015
A lot of empty promises, back stabbing and office politics, employees back stab each other and management encourages it. Human resources never has their employees best interest in mind.
Pros
Cons
liars
Nice company until corporate decided to joint venture in order to exit the automotive business.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 October 2015
After many years in the auto industry the corporate decided to initially joint venture with a chinese company in order to eventually get rid of their interiors automotive division.
It used to be a great place to work,for the last 5 years the Whitby business unit management become a close club of people holding the key positions and deciding the fate and career advance of their subordinates. eventually the work culture turned in a toxic environment place where salary staff lost all the motivation.
HR management the worst ever seen in all my career.
Pros
Great place to gain experience, Confidence to deal with stress and meet tight deadlines, After work in the automotive industry, The work pace in any other manufacturing industries is a breeze
Cons
Little training or mentorship, Inept middle management, Little opportunity for advancement, Rife with nepotism and favouritism
Automotive has it`s up and downs
former employee (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 October 2015
Long hours when everything was busy, downside to that was when auto industry changed so did the plant, we mirrored what the customer did - if they were busy so were we, if not the same was true
Pros
lots of communication
Cons
downsizing
Buyer Beware
Manager (Former Employee) –  markham, on7 October 2015
Examine the benefits; get feedback from other employees; ask your connections before you committ

Ask about the leadership style, ask about what the bonus is really or historically
Enjoyable job, great hours, great co-workers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 September 2015
visit each of my stores on a monthly schedule, inventory management, warranty returns and troubleshooting with associates for customer service issues.

Great rep team across Canada, in constant contact to allow us to do a better job for our client across the country.

There really was no hard part of this job, as we could set our own hours as long as we visited each store monthly or as per our contract. the most enjoyable part was meeting with our contacts at the stores each month.
Pros
travel and set own hours
Cons
Contract ended with Client
a fun place to work
associate/union steward (Former Employee) –  whitby,ont,canada19 August 2015
a fast pace working environment in an automotive industry.A great place to work,with a friendly work atmosphere and loads of opportunity to advance.
Worked daily with clients for Service dealing with access controls and fire
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 August 2015
Friendly environment, great team members and good benefits. Company was involved in several organizations. Worked closely with City of Toronto to approve accounts
benefits
Cons
hours
Good pay
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 July 2015
Decent coworkers, was let go because factory shut down.

If it wasn't for a high rate of pay for not having experience, would not have likely stayed there if it was any lower. Only received 7 hour shifts and was sent home early very, very often.
Fun people to work with and most days were great and without any problems.
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 July 2015
A typical day was coming in at 10:45pm. Work the assembly line, we had 3 breaks throughout the 7 hour shift and the day ends at 6:05 am. Management for the most part were fair honest people. My co-workers were great and hardworking people and I very rarely every had a falling out with any of them. The hardest part of the job was staying awake throughout the night and the most enjoyable was coming in to see everyone everyday.
fast paced work environment
production line technician (Former Employee) –  8205 parkhill dr milton, on27 May 2015
fast paced work environment with lots of attention to detail being able to multitask and perform under pressure while focusing on guality and rate
Pros
the pay and benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime including weekend
loved it
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 May 2015
this was my favorite job! unfortunately it was only a temporary position, everyone in this environment was great! would love to work in this sort of place again!
In a transition phase
Senior Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2015
During the four years I worked at Johnson Controls, the Canadian senior management and division leaders were in a state of constant change. I reported to five different sales managers over 46 months. In addition, the division I worked in re-organized by the US corporate office twice.
Pros
Good products and services
Cons
Too much constant change
my time at johnson controls was something new to me at the time and I really enjoyed the environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 April 2015
Johnson Controls was company that built parts for General Motors, we would come to work and have a group meeting to listen to any news about Company and to hear of how previous shift was doing,then off to our work stations. the thing I liked about working there was we did 8 1hr jobs so each hour we would change to different areas of our cell area. Management was very easy for.Considering the nature of the job there werent too many challenging jobs if any, very ergonomically correct, and considering how many employees there was I didn't find a problem with anyone(but I wasn't looking for one either)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.