Johnson Controls
1,316 reviews

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a good company but to corporate
Apprentice Refrigeration Mechanic (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 7, 2012
Pros: staff and co workers, working at different locations
Cons: management, too corporate
Johnson Controls is on paper an excellent company, a typical day consisted of building maintenance, quality control and attempting to meet the needs of the clients. I learned a great deal about building operations and client management. I found a majority of the staff helpful committed to the job and enjoyable. My experience with management was poor they had no problem requiring you to work 6-7 days a week and often put off the hope of an apprenticeship. The relationship between staff and management was often toxic and un truthful, it was unfortunate that so many good staff were treated un fairly in order to make bonuses for those who clearly did not deserve it. The job itself was enjoyable and often challenging, but overall challenging due to the corporate ideology
Worked afternoon,learned how to built parts for cars,Jobs are easy.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: free snacks
Cons: sometimes long hours and sometimes short.
Workplace are good.The environment are okay.People are nice and friendly.
Revolving door syndrome
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Milton, ONOctober 16, 2012
Pros: listen to music while working
Cons: don't even pass gas, someone might get offended and you'll get fired.
This company is a joke to work for. They use bill 168 as an excuse to fire people who actually do their jobs. Team leaders back stab you and management has a system in place 90 % temp workers 10 % fulltime . . this should indicate something to future prospects.
free breakfast during week end overtime
Labour/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 10, 2012
challenging;learned how automotive plastic parts are manufactured.;co -workers are kind and cooperative.
Overall positive experience working with a highly managed and co-operative HVAC systems control team
System Designer Assistant (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: great management, supportive co-workers, challenging environement
-schedule valves, dampers, room and point controllers for major HVAC systems; such as, schools, hospitals and shopping malls
-contact suppliers for most suitable products for the project
-work with engineers on calculating fluid dynamics for HVAC systems
-design flow layouts for control schematics of individual components
loved going to work
Production Technician (Former Employee), Shelburne, ONSeptember 7, 2012
This was a good job, good people and great time. It was very repetative work, but rotating through several jobs during the day made it a lot better. It was a sad day when this company decided to move locations.
productive workplace with a tennis board
installer (Current Employee), miltonAugust 19, 2012
this is a very good company that takes pride in production staff and team members are friendly and helpful towards each other
Productive and good learning experience
AutoCAD Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2012
As a coop student I learned a lot of valuable skills while working there while also applying my knowledge from my skills working there.
clean workplace with several perks
production tech (Former Employee), Shelburne, ONJune 5, 2012
Pros: good wages, great benefits
Cons: threat of repetitive strain injury
Extremely high paced enviroment with good competitive wages very good benefits as well as comfortable work conditions. This job was fast paced repeatitive although clean it had several cases of injury due to repetition.The job was interesting with several different processes.This job offered good wages as well as quarterly bonus for performance.Benefits were extremely fair allowing good coverage in all aspects.
my favorite job
welder/fabricator (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 11, 2012
Pros: lots of cold drinks all over warehouse
Cons: n/a
I got tonnes of O.T. with these guys I wish I could get my job there back in fact. MIg welding galvanized steel most of the day, I learned lots about HVAC equipment and the inside components of the units. Everyone I worked with had a good energy and if I got the call to go back and work for these guys I'd be there in a second

September 28, 2012

There is lots of overtime due to Ajax management being incompetent. Do they care for their employees? That's the million dollar question.

was a well run plant, where the company cared about there workers
assembly worker (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 4, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long weeks sometimes, but the wage was worth the long hours
i enjoyed going to work every day that i worked there, i wish the auto industry didn't take a turn for i worst because i would have been stilled enployed there
Directeur Projet Service Project Manager (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCApril 3, 2012
Pros: great compensation packages
Cons: resistance to change
Team driven buisiness oriented management still
Managed a great team of experienced people
Overall Amazing Experience
Paid Summer Internship (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: i was off on weekends and i received a lot of networking.
Cons: n/a
I absolutely could not have picked a better first job. I loved everything I did at work. Johnson Controls is a company of many trades, but my favorite is the HVAC area. I worked with amazing individuals. My day was filled with a lot from analyzing the HVAC systems of the Acension Parish School system to field visits at Louisiana State University.
great money and benefits but not worth my time
Production/Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 26, 2015
you will not be able to move up within this company and i spent almost 3 years there for nothing i had no time for me or my family, although the money and the benefits are good its still not worth it.
A very stable work enviroment
Back up for Copy Center Lead person, Customer (Former Employee), Middletown & West Chester OhioJanuary 26, 2015
Johnson Controls/AK Steel was a enjoyable place to work. There was room for advancement in all departments. The people was very diverse,
product lines are moving to Mexico
Plant Supervisor / Manager (Current Employee), Waynesboro, PAJanuary 24, 2015
To start with they forgot to tell me when I was hired that productions lines were going to be moved to Mexico. 6 months after I was here the a meeting was heald to let use know we were losing our jobs. Little to no comminacation sense.
Great Place to work and Excellent Benefits
Senior Business Technologies Consultant (Former Employee), NC SC FL AL TN GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great salary, 401k, health/vision/dental/car allowance/cell/laptop/supplies - experience gained !
Cons: restructuring company -
JCI is a great place to work with excellent benefits. JCI has some recent business building efficiency challenges to overcome as the company is doing some continued headcount and regional changes that are required to meet their business needs for FY15(2015).

The dynamics of the company and shift will benefit their financial bottom line. Some of the most challenging parts of working in the company are the current changes and restructuring of the regions and employee headcount.

In time, their will be a balance as it relates to this challenge. A new consolidation methodology was recently done so it will take a few years to visualize the results of those decisions from corporate.

The most enjoyable part of working at JCI is the overall culture in the regional and national roles, open workflow, and flexibility to travel working face to face with customers, consultants, VAR's, Alliance partners and owners to bring true bundled solutions selling technologies in a low risk delivery model to market.
Great Company!
Production Control Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Always busy because production was 24/7. Hard working people and many people started and ended their careers at JCI.
friendly people to work with
Maint Tech (Former Employee), San AntonioJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: breaks are interrupted often and not recognized as a neccesity
Many improvements done at one time - overwhelming when adequate help is thin. heading in the right direction with minimal staff. The team culture needs improved and is not working as intended. Maintenance Department has few senior guys and no one there longer than 3 yrs.
Overall great place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), West Union, SCJanuary 23, 2015
The company is really great to work for with many opportunities to be able to advance. Once they see that you are a hard worker and want a chance to help the company be something great the doors will open up for you to become whatever it is you are looking for.

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos