Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace
quality assurance (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 25, 2013
Fun work place, great management and co-workers, I have developed managing skills there.
BLJC
CAFM Analyst (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 25, 2013
Good company, career advancement opportunities in CAFM limited if away from headquarters in Markham, ON.
A very good employer.
Operations Director - General Commercial Division (Current Employee), Montreal, QcFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: subcontrator environment
Great working environment and the co-workewrs are wonderful. Overall, it's a fanatastic place to work!
Productive and demanding job
Assembler (Former Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: the pros are having a town hall meeting once a month, getting to voice what is on our minds and, free coffee and doughnuts.
Cons: the job usually requires a lot of overtime.
Begins with a morning meeting explaining the needs of the shift (what orders need to be done, how many need to be packed for the day) We then look at the parts and write a list of any parts needed for the shift. After giving the list to the team leader, we proceed to work. I have learned various jobs, anything from being a team leader, running a machine to wiring any furnace in there. My co-workers are all very nice, we work as a team to get our job done and everyone is willing to help each other to achieve this. The hardest part of the day is if we run out of parts or have defective material. The best part of the day is when we achieve our goal and meet the customer demands, it gives me a feeling of satisfaction of having done a good job.
Fast paced and challenging environment
Systems Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: every new project presents new challenges
Cons: so much 'red tape'
Every day is exciting and challenging because no 2 days are the same. Multi-tasking is a necessity. The managers trust the employees to get their work done. There is no time for micro-managing. The hardest part of the job is when you want something put through, there are so many levels of Delegation of Authority that everything takes longer than you hope for at the Head Office level. The most enjoyable part of the company is the fact that even though everyone is so busy, we always find time for a laugh and really must work together as a team to make things happen. Co-workers become family.
excellent place to work great work environment
Team Member (Current Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: many rewards
Cons: nothing can think off
fast pace can be challanging great team members great rewards through out year enjoy providing defect free parts and a clean work station
good place to work for
Licensed Electrician (Former Employee), Oraangeville, ONJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: work with employees
Cons: long hours
learned alot,variety in the work (not repetitive).
Management would work with employees
Assembly line worker
Assembly line Crew (Former Employee), milton, ONDecember 11, 2012
I was working for johnson controls which had a contract with honda and toyota. I was constructing the captain chairs for the acura mdx. different air tools were used, drills and hog guns for the leather. It was fast paced and hard work but i enjoyed it. The client was honda and toyota so everything shipped out had to be perfect. So my attention to detail is above average. The shifts alternated every week from days to nights.
Great employees and easy to work with
Production Worker (Current Employee), Milton, ONDecember 6, 2012
friendly and cooperative employess. hardest part of my job is balancing my personal and work life.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
SECURITY AND FIRE TECH (Current Employee), CALGARY ALBERTA CANADANovember 29, 2012
Pros: go working place
Cons: too cold in winter-
TROUBLE SHOOT AND RESOLVE ACCESS AND CCTV ISSUES
AND ALSO INSTALL ALL $5000 PROJECTS THAT COME IN OUR SERVICE DEPARTMENT
I FEEL GOOD WHEN AN ISSUE IS RESOLVED
a good company but to corporate
Apprentice Refrigeration Mechanic (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 7, 2012
Pros: staff and co workers, working at different locations
Cons: management, too corporate
Johnson Controls is on paper an excellent company, a typical day consisted of building maintenance, quality control and attempting to meet the needs of the clients. I learned a great deal about building operations and client management. I found a majority of the staff helpful committed to the job and enjoyable. My experience with management was poor they had no problem requiring you to work 6-7 days a week and often put off the hope of an apprenticeship. The relationship between staff and management was often toxic and un truthful, it was unfortunate that so many good staff were treated un fairly in order to make bonuses for those who clearly did not deserve it. The job itself was enjoyable and often challenging, but overall challenging due to the corporate ideology
Worked afternoon,learned how to built parts for cars,Jobs are easy.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: free snacks
Cons: sometimes long hours and sometimes short.
Workplace are good.The environment are okay.People are nice and friendly.
Revolving door syndrome
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Milton, ONOctober 16, 2012
Pros: listen to music while working
Cons: don't even pass gas, someone might get offended and you'll get fired.
This company is a joke to work for. They use bill 168 as an excuse to fire people who actually do their jobs. Team leaders back stab you and management has a system in place 90 % temp workers 10 % fulltime . . this should indicate something to future prospects.
free breakfast during week end overtime
Labour/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 10, 2012
challenging;learned how automotive plastic parts are manufactured.;co -workers are kind and cooperative.
Overall positive experience working with a highly managed and co-operative HVAC systems control team
System Designer Assistant (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: great management, supportive co-workers, challenging environement
-schedule valves, dampers, room and point controllers for major HVAC systems; such as, schools, hospitals and shopping malls
-contact suppliers for most suitable products for the project
-work with engineers on calculating fluid dynamics for HVAC systems
-design flow layouts for control schematics of individual components
loved going to work
Production Technician (Former Employee), Shelburne, ONSeptember 7, 2012
This was a good job, good people and great time. It was very repetative work, but rotating through several jobs during the day made it a lot better. It was a sad day when this company decided to move locations.
productive workplace with a tennis board
installer (Current Employee), miltonAugust 19, 2012
this is a very good company that takes pride in production staff and team members are friendly and helpful towards each other
Productive and good learning experience
AutoCAD Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2012
As a coop student I learned a lot of valuable skills while working there while also applying my knowledge from my skills working there.
clean workplace with several perks
production tech (Former Employee), Shelburne, ONJune 5, 2012
Pros: good wages, great benefits
Cons: threat of repetitive strain injury
Extremely high paced enviroment with good competitive wages very good benefits as well as comfortable work conditions. This job was fast paced repeatitive although clean it had several cases of injury due to repetition.The job was interesting with several different processes.This job offered good wages as well as quarterly bonus for performance.Benefits were extremely fair allowing good coverage in all aspects.
my favorite job
welder/fabricator (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 11, 2012
Pros: lots of cold drinks all over warehouse
Cons: n/a
I got tonnes of O.T. with these guys I wish I could get my job there back in fact. MIg welding galvanized steel most of the day, I learned lots about HVAC equipment and the inside components of the units. Everyone I worked with had a good energy and if I got the call to go back and work for these guys I'd be there in a second

September 28, 2012

There is lots of overtime due to Ajax management being incompetent. Do they care for their employees? That's the million dollar question.

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos