Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Automotive has it`s up and downs
former employee (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 October 2015
Long hours when everything was busy, downside to that was when auto industry changed so did the plant, we mirrored what the customer did - if they were busy so were we, if not the same was true
Pros
lots of communication
Cons
downsizing
Buyer Beware
Manager (Former Employee) –  markham, on7 October 2015
Examine the benefits; get feedback from other employees; ask your connections before you committ

Ask about the leadership style, ask about what the bonus is really or historically
Enjoyable job, great hours, great co-workers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 September 2015
visit each of my stores on a monthly schedule, inventory management, warranty returns and troubleshooting with associates for customer service issues.

Great rep team across Canada, in constant contact to allow us to do a better job for our client across the country.

There really was no hard part of this job, as we could set our own hours as long as we visited each store monthly or as per our contract. the most enjoyable part was meeting with our contacts at the stores each month.
Pros
travel and set own hours
Cons
Contract ended with Client
a fun place to work
associate/union steward (Former Employee) –  whitby,ont,canada19 August 2015
a fast pace working environment in an automotive industry.A great place to work,with a friendly work atmosphere and loads of opportunity to advance.
Worked daily with clients for Service dealing with access controls and fire
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 August 2015
Friendly environment, great team members and good benefits. Company was involved in several organizations. Worked closely with City of Toronto to approve accounts
benefits
Cons
hours
Good pay
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 July 2015
Decent coworkers, was let go because factory shut down.

If it wasn't for a high rate of pay for not having experience, would not have likely stayed there if it was any lower. Only received 7 hour shifts and was sent home early very, very often.
Fun people to work with and most days were great and without any problems.
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 July 2015
A typical day was coming in at 10:45pm. Work the assembly line, we had 3 breaks throughout the 7 hour shift and the day ends at 6:05 am. Management for the most part were fair honest people. My co-workers were great and hardworking people and I very rarely every had a falling out with any of them. The hardest part of the job was staying awake throughout the night and the most enjoyable was coming in to see everyone everyday.
fast paced work environment
production line technician (Former Employee) –  8205 parkhill dr milton, on27 May 2015
fast paced work environment with lots of attention to detail being able to multitask and perform under pressure while focusing on guality and rate
Pros
the pay and benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime including weekend
loved it
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 May 2015
this was my favorite job! unfortunately it was only a temporary position, everyone in this environment was great! would love to work in this sort of place again!
In a transition phase
Senior Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2015
During the four years I worked at Johnson Controls, the Canadian senior management and division leaders were in a state of constant change. I reported to five different sales managers over 46 months. In addition, the division I worked in re-organized by the US corporate office twice.
Pros
Good products and services
Cons
Too much constant change
my time at johnson controls was something new to me at the time and I really enjoyed the environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 April 2015
Johnson Controls was company that built parts for General Motors, we would come to work and have a group meeting to listen to any news about Company and to hear of how previous shift was doing,then off to our work stations. the thing I liked about working there was we did 8 1hr jobs so each hour we would change to different areas of our cell area. Management was very easy for.Considering the nature of the job there werent too many challenging jobs if any, very ergonomically correct, and considering how many employees there was I didn't find a problem with anyone(but I wasn't looking for one either)
A Workplace where i can make money to live
production operator (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 April 2015
its like a high school, lots of drama and unnecessary bull. but i have to say i don't regret it because i met the women of my dreams there. the money is good and the vacation time is great.
Good Company to work for
Fire and Security Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2015
• Install /Configure fire/security systems which utilize both core and third party fire/security/electrical technology as defined by the project specification or on retrofit projects while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• installation/service Door Hardware.
• Assist experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems.
• Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
• Assist in monitoring project execution plan.
• Order material from both internal sources and /or external vendors,and expedites as necessary.Ensure timely delivery to appropriate location
• Adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
.we all work as a time
.really enjoy working for JCI our leaders a very help full
Pros
a lot of work
Cons
area is to cold
Well organize and very clean workplace.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2015
It is nice to work for a company like Johnson Controls. I have learn lots of new skills from my co-workers and management.
Not a good fit. New company set up and brand new systems.
MAC Manager (Former Employee) –  King Street East, Toronto, ON20 February 2015
Mainly worked on project invoicing.
Bad morale because of high employee turnover and inadequate systems.

Management tried to be supportive.

Co-workers were very personable and talented.

Hardest part of the job was working with an inadequate system.

Exciting in the beginning being involved in starting a new department.
Pros
People I worked with. Top of the line equipment. Extensive training.
Cons
Expectation for computer system was not met.
Family atmosphere.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON11 February 2015
Formed friendships that are more like family, still in touch with them even though I left. Chance to do multiple jobs including team leader, quality control. The jobs are not physically demanding, or hard to learn, problem is swing shift (2 weeks days, 2 weeks afternoons) is hard on the body and can lead to burnout. Being a union environment advancement is all seniority based, not skill based. Rumours in the auto industry about future is also the worst I have ever faced, constant rumours of job being over, not helped when contract time comes around and management does nothing to dispel them.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Swing shift
A great company to workl for which leads to gainful employment
Quality control (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON29 January 2015
I started as a temporary worker with this company which helped me get in to a full time position within the company I was working for through Olsten's Staffing Services.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
Generally a decent place to work.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 January 2015
Most workers were usually in a good mood and easy to work with.
The entire factory was laid off 3 separate times in one summer which lead to some uneasiness about job security.
The job was very hard on the body, but after creating a high quality seat you were often given compliments.
fast paced enviroment
Automotive Seat Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton21 January 2015
fast paced always moving to keep up with assembly line.
very long days , built seats for Toyota.
very high turnover rates always seeing ppl come and go.
management was good and benefits are good.
Pros
free lunches for meeting quotas.
Cons
every day was a long day
Not what i thought
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC5 January 2015
Although the company is very large and offers a lot of great opportunities, there is not much in the way of personal training and you are left to figure things out on your own. not really at all what I was expecting, as well they sell to contractors as well as bid against them and I don't feel that is what I truly want to be part of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval