Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Funny mamagement
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2016
Dot't try to get job at Mississauga as managers are crazy and nothing seems right way. Because of mismanagement every one need to double work and no coordination between departments.
Cons
Long hours and double work
Busy open office
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta5 April 2016
Great offers of interactions with co-workers and clients. Busy all day long, I learned a trade. Multi divisional company with changes every couple of years
Pros
give and take for hours
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 February 2016
Good people, nice work environment, and great management. Fellow employees very helpful with training. Management takes a real interest in helping employees advance within the company. My experiences working at Johnson Controls were very positive.
Ok place to work, but if you get hurt following Johnson Controls Safety policies you'll get terminated
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2015
It's an ok place to work, incredibly strict on safety. They provide you with anything you could ever need, but don't get hurt, they'll let you go immediately even if you follow the policies and steps to properly report an injury.
Fast paced
Health, Safety, Environmental & Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2016
Very fast paced with tons of exposure to all areas of manufacturing and stable environment with room to grow and learn. Mostly good people. Strong union presence
Pros
wide variety of exposure
Cons
spread too thin
Enjoyable job, great hours, great co-workers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 September 2015
visit each of my stores on a monthly schedule, inventory management, warranty returns and troubleshooting with associates for customer service issues.

Great rep team across Canada, in constant contact to allow us to do a better job for our client across the country.

There really was no hard part of this job, as we could set our own hours as long as we visited each store monthly or as per our contract. the most enjoyable part was meeting with our contacts at the stores each month.
Pros
travel and set own hours
Cons
Contract ended with Client
ok
HVAC Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2016
The ladies in the office have a hard time getting along with others, workers and customers are awesome to work with. ok for a retirment job
Pros
high pay
Cons
Hard to get good experience
Fun people to work with and most days were great and without any problems.
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 July 2015
A typical day was coming in at 10:45pm. Work the assembly line, we had 3 breaks throughout the 7 hour shift and the day ends at 6:05 am. Management for the most part were fair honest people. My co-workers were great and hardworking people and I very rarely every had a falling out with any of them. The hardest part of the job was staying awake throughout the night and the most enjoyable was coming in to see everyone everyday.
my time at johnson controls was something new to me at the time and I really enjoyed the environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 April 2015
Johnson Controls was company that built parts for General Motors, we would come to work and have a group meeting to listen to any news about Company and to hear of how previous shift was doing,then off to our work stations. the thing I liked about working there was we did 8 1hr jobs so each hour we would change to different areas of our cell area. Management was very easy for.Considering the nature of the job there werent too many challenging jobs if any, very ergonomically correct, and considering how many employees there was I didn't find a problem with anyone(but I wasn't looking for one either)
Nice company until corporate decided to joint venture in order to exit the automotive business.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 October 2015
After many years in the auto industry the corporate decided to initially joint venture with a chinese company in order to eventually get rid of their interiors automotive division.
It used to be a great place to work,for the last 5 years the Whitby business unit management become a close club of people holding the key positions and deciding the fate and career advance of their subordinates. eventually the work culture turned in a toxic environment place where salary staff lost all the motivation.
HR management the worst ever seen in all my career.
Pros
Great place to gain experience, Confidence to deal with stress and meet tight deadlines, After work in the automotive industry, The work pace in any other manufacturing industries is a breeze
Cons
Little training or mentorship, Inept middle management, Little opportunity for advancement, Rife with nepotism and favouritism
Not a good fit. New company set up and brand new systems.
MAC Manager (Former Employee) –  King Street East, Toronto, ON20 February 2015
Mainly worked on project invoicing.
Bad morale because of high employee turnover and inadequate systems.

Management tried to be supportive.

Co-workers were very personable and talented.

Hardest part of the job was working with an inadequate system.

Exciting in the beginning being involved in starting a new department.
Pros
People I worked with. Top of the line equipment. Extensive training.
Cons
Expectation for computer system was not met.
horrible company to work for!
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 November 2015
A lot of empty promises, back stabbing and office politics, employees back stab each other and management encourages it. Human resources never has their employees best interest in mind.
Pros
Cons
liars
Family atmosphere.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON11 February 2015
Formed friendships that are more like family, still in touch with them even though I left. Chance to do multiple jobs including team leader, quality control. The jobs are not physically demanding, or hard to learn, problem is swing shift (2 weeks days, 2 weeks afternoons) is hard on the body and can lead to burnout. Being a union environment advancement is all seniority based, not skill based. Rumours in the auto industry about future is also the worst I have ever faced, constant rumours of job being over, not helped when contract time comes around and management does nothing to dispel them.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Swing shift
Provided many challeging opportunities for all employees
BSOS (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2014
Skills required: prioritizing, multitasking, review and preview,
Typical day: check emails, check phone messages, put paperwork into order and work through depending on the days requirement, do A/R and A/P follow-ups, review daily numbers and react accordingly
Management: Many opportunities for personal and career growth were available and encouraged to be acted upon.
Hardest part; No task is to hard if you enjoy and benefit from it.
Most enjoyable: Satisfaction of a job well done.
Automotive has it`s up and downs
former employee (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 October 2015
Long hours when everything was busy, downside to that was when auto industry changed so did the plant, we mirrored what the customer did - if they were busy so were we, if not the same was true
Pros
lots of communication
Cons
downsizing
clean workplace with several perks
production tech (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON5 June 2012
Extremely high paced enviroment with good competitive wages very good benefits as well as comfortable work conditions. This job was fast paced repeatitive although clean it had several cases of injury due to repetition.The job was interesting with several different processes.This job offered good wages as well as quarterly bonus for performance.Benefits were extremely fair allowing good coverage in all aspects.
Pros
good wages, great benefits
Cons
threat of repetitive strain injury
Overall positive experience working with a highly managed and co-operative HVAC systems control team
System Designer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 September 2012
-schedule valves, dampers, room and point controllers for major HVAC systems; such as, schools, hospitals and shopping malls
-contact suppliers for most suitable products for the project
-work with engineers on calculating fluid dynamics for HVAC systems
-design flow layouts for control schematics of individual components
Pros
great management, supportive co-workers, challenging environement
Fast paced and challenging environment
Systems Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 January 2013
Every day is exciting and challenging because no 2 days are the same. Multi-tasking is a necessity. The managers trust the employees to get their work done. There is no time for micro-managing. The hardest part of the job is when you want something put through, there are so many levels of Delegation of Authority that everything takes longer than you hope for at the Head Office level. The most enjoyable part of the company is the fact that even though everyone is so busy, we always find time for a laugh and really must work together as a team to make things happen. Co-workers become family.
Pros
every new project presents new challenges
Cons
so much 'red tape'
Warranty Administrator
Warranty Administrator (temp) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 June 2013
entering customer applications in to the system daily
I learned more about how to deal with my own home furnace and air conditioning system
I absolutely loved my co workers lunch time was the best time of the day for an hour you get away from work even though your still sitting in the kitchen with everyone
hardest part was the commute
most enjoyable was my lunch hour
Pros
The people really made the day go by
Cons
they where on a hiring freeze
Great enviroment for growth and gerat o workers
Machine Operator / Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON1 August 2013
I was working at this place for 3 years and i made a lot of friends, still keep in touch with them, i just hope the management was more serious and professional. Infact they treat people not like human beens more like animals, and anyone who worked there will confirm it. i learned a lot about assembly car seat for Acura, too bad i am still recovering from injuries all over my bod y due to overworking .
Pros
Awesome paycheck and benefits
Cons
Heavy conseguences on body, muscle injurees, all over the body.