Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Multicultural enviroment
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee), MarkhamFebruary 19, 2014
Too many people, i was rotating from desk to another, coworkers were nice, but management were involved in their own issues
Fair
Contract/Temp Positions (Former Employee), Makham, On.January 17, 2014
A company one would love to work with. The management is awesome but somehow far away from employee.
Great exposure to a variety of equipment.
Refrigeration Mechanic/Gas Fitter 1 (Current Employee), London, ONNovember 27, 2013
A typical day involves being dispatched to different sites for service calls or planned maintenance. I work independently however other mechanics are available via phone for support. I work with the best in the business. I enjoy the constant changes and unpredictable nature of this business as well as the physical challenge.
Facility Management services
Drafting/Design and Facility Management Services (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 7, 2013
Facility Management company working throughout North America.
great place to work lots of fun
PROJECT MANAGER, COMMISSIONING (Former Employee), Ottawa,ONOctober 1, 2013
Pros: basebakk, curling and golf
Cons: some weekend work
good working environment shared experience with team. co-workers were great learned a great deal on the job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Milton, ONSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: bunos is very small almost nothing
Cons: long hours
do not think we get paid fairly for the type of the job we do. We had $4 pay cut couple years back never got them back till today even though that the company is making a profit
Great enviroment for growth and gerat o workers
Machine Operator / Production Worker (Former Employee), Milton, ONAugust 1, 2013
Pros: awesome paycheck and benefits
Cons: heavy conseguences on body, muscle injurees, all over the body.
I was working at this place for 3 years and i made a lot of friends, still keep in touch with them, i just hope the management was more serious and professional. Infact they treat people not like human beens more like animals, and anyone who worked there will confirm it. i learned a lot about assembly car seat for Acura, too bad i am still recovering from injuries all over my bod y due to overworking .
Good oppertunity
Lead Systems Specialist, PM (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2013
Pros: w
Cons: e
Good opportunities provided by indeed for the people to find employment.
dynamic, interesting, safe work environment
General Laborer (Former Employee), fort mc murray abJuly 17, 2013
Pros: camp life, shift work, pay
the camp that I stayed at was amazingly kept. the job scope included shoveling and sanding during winter seasons, garbage pick up, general camp maintenance, attended both daily tool box meetings. weekly safety meetings. worked with various tools, and in different environments.
Stressfull and Disorganized
Manager (Former Employee), CanadaJune 16, 2013
Cons: lots, stress, political, management
Upper management is not caring people. Very political and constant changes. Lots of stress and unrewarding.

July 15, 2013

Could not agree more.. Always do band-aid solutions instead of analyzing fails points and strategize long term solutions that work.

Warranty Administrator
Warranty Administrator (temp) (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 14, 2013
Pros: the people really made the day go by
Cons: they where on a hiring freeze
entering customer applications in to the system daily
I learned more about how to deal with my own home furnace and air conditioning system
I absolutely loved my co workers lunch time was the best time of the day for an hour you get away from work even though your still sitting in the kitchen with everyone
hardest part was the commute
most enjoyable was my lunch hour
A typical warehouse
Machine Operator (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 6, 2013
Pros: coffee break
Cons: doing the same thing everyday
Everyday worked at different position, and tried to reach the target.
Can be a rewarding place.... But be prepared to be mislead and preached at.
Service Foreman (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 3, 2013
Pros: good union wages, uniforms, safety boots, commission paid on profitable work
Cons: disorganization of leadership, inconsistent hours, false front for safety
I worked for JCI Saskatoon for about 5 years. I originally accepted a position as a foreman and was given a good wage through the union agreement. Presented with many challenges which I enjoyed, I was rewarded for good achievements financially. A majority of your coworkers will be very pleasant to work with. The company itself is very profit and growth driven, as to be expected for any public traded company. They will do whatever it takes to generate revenue for their shareholders, a good front is put up for ethics and safety, but not perhaps overly truthful when reviewed from within. The greater focus on profit will come over ethics. If you are willing to look the other way a little or wear rose colored glasses... you certainly have an opportunity to advance.
Things to beware; safety is preached by leadership, but not followed by the same leadership (false sense of safety). You will be provided with more than ample safety equipment, but no one to instruct or guide you in the safe use of it (local all the way to the regional safety managers). You will be given a DVD to watch, that will be your safety orientation and you will sign a document/release form of you being oriented.
Leadership will "read" what they are to say to you, coming from the corporate head office during annual events (Vision Week), which perhaps shows that leadership doesn't buy what they are trying to sell???
Overall, they simply lack on being organized. From new hire training/orientation all the way to the execution of work. That lack of organization leads to lack of profit on jobs, and that can lead to a – more... lack of work/hours for you as a hourly employee. There can be division between employees and work, two employees of equal capability, one will get overtime while the other may only get 20-30 hours. Management will play this game with you until you either receive a lay off or quit to go elsewhere, I witnessed this on several occassions. Like a fool; I was fore warned by previous employees, and in disbelief thought the several instances to be isolated.... I too am living proof!!!!
The longest lasting employees are the ones that have worked for a company before JCI has bought it... that's how they claim to have long-term employees... the rest are managers!!! Have you got what it takes???? – less
very demanding
line worker (Former Employee), Milton, ONApril 2, 2013
overall Johnson controls is a good work environment. however, they just had half of the buisness move south and it is a bit chaotic right now. its very hard on the body and fast paced but i didnt personally mind that
its a good please to work at
BLJC Inc. (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 26, 2013
Pros: time of work is flaxable
Cons: people are all very nice
working there are nice,

the co-working there all are so sweet and nice,
also the department of (CPC & CIBC) account assistance
they are awesome workers
work at accounting deparment are free like an angle,
BLJC Inc. (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 26, 2013
Pros: you dont have to take lunch hours (30mins)
Cons: office too cold
this work hours there are very flexible, as long you finish your job and finish 7.5 hurts then off you go.
and the co-workers they are all so nice and so easy to get along
you dont have to take lunch time (30mins) you can off work early
fun workplace
quality assurance (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 25, 2013
Fun work place, great management and co-workers, I have developed managing skills there.
BLJC
CAFM Analyst (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 25, 2013
Good company, career advancement opportunities in CAFM limited if away from headquarters in Markham, ON.
A very good employer.
Operations Director - General Commercial Division (Current Employee), Montreal, QcFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: subcontrator environment
Great working environment and the co-workewrs are wonderful. Overall, it's a fanatastic place to work!
Productive and demanding job
Assembler (Former Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: the pros are having a town hall meeting once a month, getting to voice what is on our minds and, free coffee and doughnuts.
Cons: the job usually requires a lot of overtime.
Begins with a morning meeting explaining the needs of the shift (what orders need to be done, how many need to be packed for the day) We then look at the parts and write a list of any parts needed for the shift. After giving the list to the team leader, we proceed to work. I have learned various jobs, anything from being a team leader, running a machine to wiring any furnace in there. My co-workers are all very nice, we work as a team to get our job done and everyone is willing to help each other to achieve this. The hardest part of the day is if we run out of parts or have defective material. The best part of the day is when we achieve our goal and meet the customer demands, it gives me a feeling of satisfaction of having done a good job.

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos