Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in Canada

my time at johnson controls was something new to me at the time and I really enjoyed the environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 17, 2015
Johnson Controls was company that built parts for General Motors, we would come to work and have a group meeting to listen to any news about Company and to hear of how previous shift was doing,then off to our work stations. the thing I liked about working there was we did 8 1hr jobs so each hour we would change to different areas of our cell area. Management was very easy for.Considering the nature of the job there werent too many challenging jobs if any, very ergonomically correct, and considering how many employees there was I didn't find a problem with anyone(but I wasn't looking for one either)
Worked daily with clients for Service dealing with access controls and fire
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 5, 2015
Friendly environment, great team members and good benefits. Company was involved in several organizations. Worked closely with City of Toronto to approve accounts
benefits
Cons
hours
Car seat assembler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 4, 2015
It was very hard work and physical. We made car seats for the Acura MDX mid section. my Co-Workers were very nice to work with they helped out a lot.
Provided many challeging opportunities for all employees
BSOS (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 21, 2014
Skills required: prioritizing, multitasking, review and preview,
Typical day: check emails, check phone messages, put paperwork into order and work through depending on the days requirement, do A/R and A/P follow-ups, review daily numbers and react accordingly
Management: Many opportunities for personal and career growth were available and encouraged to be acted upon.
Hardest part; No task is to hard if you enjoy and benefit from it.
Most enjoyable: Satisfaction of a job well done.
fast paced enviroment
Automotive Seat Technician (Former Employee) –  MiltonJanuary 21, 2015
fast paced always moving to keep up with assembly line.
very long days , built seats for Toyota.
very high turnover rates always seeing ppl come and go.
management was good and benefits are good.
Pros
free lunches for meeting quotas.
Cons
every day was a long day
Great enviroment for growth and gerat o workers
Machine Operator / Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONAugust 1, 2013
I was working at this place for 3 years and i made a lot of friends, still keep in touch with them, i just hope the management was more serious and professional. Infact they treat people not like human beens more like animals, and anyone who worked there will confirm it. i learned a lot about assembly car seat for Acura, too bad i am still recovering from injuries all over my bod y due to overworking .
Pros
awesome paycheck and benefits
Cons
heavy conseguences on body, muscle injurees, all over the body.
clean workplace with several perks
production tech (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ONJune 5, 2012
Extremely high paced enviroment with good competitive wages very good benefits as well as comfortable work conditions. This job was fast paced repeatitive although clean it had several cases of injury due to repetition.The job was interesting with several different processes.This job offered good wages as well as quarterly bonus for performance.Benefits were extremely fair allowing good coverage in all aspects.
Pros
good wages, great benefits
Cons
threat of repetitive strain injury
fast paced work environment
production line technician (Former Employee) –  8205 parkhill dr milton, onMay 27, 2015
fast paced work environment with lots of attention to detail being able to multitask and perform under pressure while focusing on guality and rate
Pros
the pay and benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime including weekend
Not a good fit. New company set up and brand new systems.
MAC Manager (Former Employee) –  King Street East, Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Mainly worked on project invoicing.
Bad morale because of high employee turnover and inadequate systems.

Management tried to be supportive.

Co-workers were very personable and talented.

Hardest part of the job was working with an inadequate system.

Exciting in the beginning being involved in starting a new department.
Pros
people i worked with. top of the line equipment. extensive training.
Cons
expectation for computer system was not met.
Calm environment to work at even when things are not going so well.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Review KIP's first thing in the morning. I follow-up on any start-up issues first thing in the morning. Verify my manning to ensure we have the right team members in the right places to cover customer demand.

Assist my team in the proper manor, to conduct scrap reduction meetings, and how to engage their support groups.

Encourage my team to continuously look for improvement opportunities.

Daily production meetings, where I would update the management team on issue around production. I would sit with the appropriate manager to talk about production improvements whenever needed.

Excellent team to work with, we have fun doing what we all love doing.

When you feel that you did all of the right things to reduce scrap or increase OEE and the results are not what you had expected. So you take a moment regroup and put together another plan to achieve the goals.
Great Job
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ONApril 10, 2014
A typical day at work would start at 6am, or 3pm. There would be a pre shift meeting where the supervisor would communicate to the team what was on the daily build schedule for the day and how the performance of the team has been for the past days. I learned how to adapt to different peoples personalities, how to increase the morale of a team when things looked grim, and how to become a part of a family away from home. My co-workers were great and our job seemed to be something we all enjoyed. My upper management were nothing else but helping, understanding, patient, and last but not least a part of our family. The hardest part of my job was knowing that our customer was giving our contracts to another supplier in the states, and knowing we were losing our jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job, was my job.
Pros
rsp match, quarterly bonuses, positive environment
Cons
closed down.
Revolving door syndrome
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONOctober 16, 2012
This company is a joke to work for. They use bill 168 as an excuse to fire people who actually do their jobs. Team leaders back stab you and management has a system in place 90 % temp workers 10 % fulltime . . this should indicate something to future prospects.
Pros
listen to music while working
Cons
don't even pass gas, someone might get offended and you'll get fired.
a fun place to work
associate/union steward (Former Employee) –  whitby,ont,canadaAugust 19, 2015
a fast pace working environment in an automotive industry.A great place to work,with a friendly work atmosphere and loads of opportunity to advance.
Good Company to work for
Fire and Security Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2015
• Install /Configure fire/security systems which utilize both core and third party fire/security/electrical technology as defined by the project specification or on retrofit projects while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• installation/service Door Hardware.
• Assist experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems.
• Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
• Assist in monitoring project execution plan.
• Order material from both internal sources and /or external vendors,and expedites as necessary.Ensure timely delivery to appropriate location
• Adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
.we all work as a time
.really enjoy working for JCI our leaders a very help full
Pros
a lot of work
Cons
area is to cold
Good pay
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJuly 18, 2015
Decent coworkers, was let go because factory shut down.

If it wasn't for a high rate of pay for not having experience, would not have likely stayed there if it was any lower. Only received 7 hour shifts and was sent home early very, very often.
a good company but to corporate
Apprentice Refrigeration Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 7, 2012
Johnson Controls is on paper an excellent company, a typical day consisted of building maintenance, quality control and attempting to meet the needs of the clients. I learned a great deal about building operations and client management. I found a majority of the staff helpful committed to the job and enjoyable. My experience with management was poor they had no problem requiring you to work 6-7 days a week and often put off the hope of an apprenticeship. The relationship between staff and management was often toxic and un truthful, it was unfortunate that so many good staff were treated un fairly in order to make bonuses for those who clearly did not deserve it. The job itself was enjoyable and often challenging, but overall challenging due to the corporate ideology
Pros
staff and co workers, working at different locations
Cons
management, too corporate
Generally a decent place to work.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Most workers were usually in a good mood and easy to work with.
The entire factory was laid off 3 separate times in one summer which lead to some uneasiness about job security.
The job was very hard on the body, but after creating a high quality seat you were often given compliments.
Well organize and very clean workplace.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 5, 2015
It is nice to work for a company like Johnson Controls. I have learn lots of new skills from my co-workers and management.
Directeur Projet Service Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 3, 2012
Team driven buisiness oriented management still
Managed a great team of experienced people
Pros
great compensation packages
Cons
resistance to change
Ottawa Operations needs to be reorganized @ the management level
Building Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 15, 2014
I think Johnson Controls overall is a good organization overall. Ottawa is a very small part of the company as a whole. I for one could fix the issues @ the management level, but the company would have to discharge some people.
Pros
overall a good company
Cons
no further comment. thank you this oppurtunity