Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJune 21, 2016
Was laid off due to work shortage. Would gladly have remained there and worked myself up to senior management level. Johnson controls supplied parts for General Motors of Canada Lt.
Pros
Management involvement
Cons
Not enough time to complete all tasks
electrician operation and maintenance
Électricien (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 20, 2016
troubleshooting of equipment, testing on UPS and generation.performs preventive and corrective maintenance . monitor different system for the good going of our operation. performs infrared test of electrical system. manage our daily ongoing service call.
Production Technician and zone leader (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONJune 10, 2016
It's is a good company to work for. They provide you with right tools to do your job effectively. This is a place where you can do your job without any fear to be bully because of your color,background, believes,etc since the company has a "zero" tolerance harassment policy. People are friendly and we work as a team rather then individually.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
Great people to work with that support a team based environment
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 6, 2016
I joined JCI in 2002 as a Production Supervisor and was supported by the entire team to grow and develop both proffesionally and personally. My career led me across multiple disciplines including production, quality, operations, materials and fianance. My last position was Plant Manager until the Whitby facility closed due to the program being moved to Michigan.
Pros
Team based environment.
Cons
Automotive manufacturing lacks stability
Excellent staff
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 2, 2016
JCI was an excellent place to work and they had a very dedicated team in the plant who could always work on solving any problem. I was able to be promoted into a difficult position in the Automotive industry and received a large amount of knowledge on how to run a very diverse plant.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Automotive industry in Durham is dying
Busy open office
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaApril 5, 2016
Great offers of interactions with co-workers and clients. Busy all day long, I learned a trade. Multi divisional company with changes every couple of years
Pros
give and take for hours
Funny mamagement
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2016
Dot't try to get job at Mississauga as managers are crazy and nothing seems right way. Because of mismanagement every one need to double work and no coordination between departments.
Cons
Long hours and double work
High Expectation needed
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 1, 2016
Great environment to work. Sequencing of instrumental panel was a challenging process to match with General Motors line production of vehicles. Working in a strong union atmosphere makes you aware of how seniority manipulates the system if the rules are not followed closely. The hardest part of the job is when sequencing goes awry and the numbers don't match, maneuvering is required to get the system back into place.Everyday was a challenge,so you have to be mentally prepared.
ok
HVAC Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2016
The ladies in the office have a hard time getting along with others, workers and customers are awesome to work with. ok for a retirment job
Pros
high pay
Cons
Hard to get good experience
Positive Work Environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Days were variable depending on priority and availability of parts required for the assembly line.

Management provided more than required attention to job required to complete which of course makes ease of work and efficiency of day.

Co-workers and work environment pleasant.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Good people, nice work environment, and great management. Fellow employees very helpful with training. Management takes a real interest in helping employees advance within the company. My experiences working at Johnson Controls were very positive.
Fast paced
Health, Safety, Environmental & Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Very fast paced with tons of exposure to all areas of manufacturing and stable environment with room to grow and learn. Mostly good people. Strong union presence
Pros
wide variety of exposure
Cons
spread too thin
quite working office
Contract Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 11, 2015
Peacefully working firm.
everyone is nice and warm.
manager are friendly for flexible hours.
i had learn Oracle, A/P, A/R and payroll
Pros
hours flexible
Cons
salary
Ok place to work, but if you get hurt following Johnson Controls Safety policies you'll get terminated
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2015
It's an ok place to work, incredibly strict on safety. They provide you with anything you could ever need, but don't get hurt, they'll let you go immediately even if you follow the policies and steps to properly report an injury.
Car seat assembler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 4, 2015
It was very hard work and physical. We made car seats for the Acura MDX mid section. my Co-Workers were very nice to work with they helped out a lot.
horrible company to work for!
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 16, 2015
A lot of empty promises, back stabbing and office politics, employees back stab each other and management encourages it. Human resources never has their employees best interest in mind.
Pros
Cons
liars
Nice company until corporate decided to joint venture in order to exit the automotive business.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONOctober 16, 2015
After many years in the auto industry the corporate decided to initially joint venture with a chinese company in order to eventually get rid of their interiors automotive division.
It used to be a great place to work,for the last 5 years the Whitby business unit management become a close club of people holding the key positions and deciding the fate and career advance of their subordinates. eventually the work culture turned in a toxic environment place where salary staff lost all the motivation.
HR management the worst ever seen in all my career.
Pros
Great place to gain experience, Confidence to deal with stress and meet tight deadlines, After work in the automotive industry, The work pace in any other manufacturing industries is a breeze
Cons
Little training or mentorship, Inept middle management, Little opportunity for advancement, Rife with nepotism and favouritism
Automotive has it`s up and downs
former employee (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONOctober 8, 2015
Long hours when everything was busy, downside to that was when auto industry changed so did the plant, we mirrored what the customer did - if they were busy so were we, if not the same was true
Pros
lots of communication
Cons
downsizing
Buyer Beware
Manager (Former Employee) –  markham, onOctober 7, 2015
Examine the benefits; get feedback from other employees; ask your connections before you committ

Ask about the leadership style, ask about what the bonus is really or historically
Enjoyable job, great hours, great co-workers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 5, 2015
visit each of my stores on a monthly schedule, inventory management, warranty returns and troubleshooting with associates for customer service issues.

Great rep team across Canada, in constant contact to allow us to do a better job for our client across the country.

There really was no hard part of this job, as we could set our own hours as long as we visited each store monthly or as per our contract. the most enjoyable part was meeting with our contacts at the stores each month.
Pros
travel and set own hours
Cons
Contract ended with Client