Johnson Controls
1,544 reviews

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced work environment
production line technician (Former Employee), 8205 parkhill dr milton, onMay 27, 2015
Pros: the pay and benefits
Cons: mandatory overtime including weekend
fast paced work environment with lots of attention to detail being able to multitask and perform under pressure while focusing on guality and rate
loved it
Line Worker (Former Employee), OntarioMay 8, 2015
this was my favorite job! unfortunately it was only a temporary position, everyone in this environment was great! would love to work in this sort of place again!
my time at johnson controls was something new to me at the time and I really enjoyed the environment
Production Associate (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 17, 2015
Johnson Controls was company that built parts for General Motors, we would come to work and have a group meeting to listen to any news about Company and to hear of how previous shift was doing,then off to our work stations. the thing I liked about working there was we did 8 1hr jobs so each hour we would change to different areas of our cell area. Management was very easy for.Considering the nature of the job there werent too many challenging jobs if any, very ergonomically correct, and considering how many employees there was I didn't find a problem with anyone(but I wasn't looking for one either)
A Workplace where i can make money to live
production operator (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 15, 2015
its like a high school, lots of drama and unnecessary bull. but i have to say i don't regret it because i met the women of my dreams there. the money is good and the vacation time is great.
Good Company to work for
Fire and Security Service Tech (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 5, 2015
Pros: a lot of work
Cons: area is to cold
• Install /Configure fire/security systems which utilize both core and third party fire/security/electrical technology as defined by the project specification or on retrofit projects while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• installation/service Door Hardware.
• Assist experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems.
• Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
• Assist in monitoring project execution plan.
• Order material from both internal sources and /or external vendors,and expedites as necessary.Ensure timely delivery to appropriate location
• Adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
.we all work as a time
.really enjoy working for JCI our leaders a very help full
Well organize and very clean workplace.
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 5, 2015
It is nice to work for a company like Johnson Controls. I have learn lots of new skills from my co-workers and management.
Not a good fit. New company set up and brand new systems.
MAC Manager (Former Employee), King Street East, Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: people i worked with. top of the line equipment. extensive training.
Cons: expectation for computer system was not met.
Mainly worked on project invoicing.
Bad morale because of high employee turnover and inadequate systems.

Management tried to be supportive.

Co-workers were very personable and talented.

Hardest part of the job was working with an inadequate system.

Exciting in the beginning being involved in starting a new department.
Family atmosphere.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: swing shift
Formed friendships that are more like family, still in touch with them even though I left. Chance to do multiple jobs including team leader, quality control. The jobs are not physically demanding, or hard to learn, problem is swing shift (2 weeks days, 2 weeks afternoons) is hard on the body and can lead to burnout. Being a union environment advancement is all seniority based, not skill based. Rumours in the auto industry about future is also the worst I have ever faced, constant rumours of job being over, not helped when contract time comes around and management does nothing to dispel them.
A great company to workl for which leads to gainful employment
Quality control (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: family oriented
I started as a temporary worker with this company which helped me get in to a full time position within the company I was working for through Olsten's Staffing Services.
Generally a decent place to work.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Most workers were usually in a good mood and easy to work with.
The entire factory was laid off 3 separate times in one summer which lead to some uneasiness about job security.
The job was very hard on the body, but after creating a high quality seat you were often given compliments.
fast paced enviroment
Automotive Seat Technician (Former Employee), MiltonJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches for meeting quotas.
Cons: every day was a long day
fast paced always moving to keep up with assembly line.
very long days , built seats for Toyota.
very high turnover rates always seeing ppl come and go.
management was good and benefits are good.
I love my job
Assembly Line Operator (Current Employee), Whitby, ONOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: union conflcts
A typical day at work runs really well. There are usually some challenges, but overall we have a good time.
corrupt
Production Team Member (Former Employee), MiltonOctober 18, 2014
corruption and drugs everywhere, racism and favouritism rampant
lots to choose from
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: lots to learn with few resources
Cons: limited to resources to use
very fast pace environment. learn how to use limited resources to benefit the company . Management is very lean. co workers great team to work with, Solving personal issues among operators.
to see great accomplishments
Calm environment to work at even when things are not going so well.
Production Manager (Current Employee), Tillsonburg, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Review KIP's first thing in the morning. I follow-up on any start-up issues first thing in the morning. Verify my manning to ensure we have the right team members in the right places to cover customer demand.

Assist my team in the proper manor, to conduct scrap reduction meetings, and how to engage their support groups.

Encourage my team to continuously look for improvement opportunities.

Daily production meetings, where I would update the management team on issue around production. I would sit with the appropriate manager to talk about production improvements whenever needed.

Excellent team to work with, we have fun doing what we all love doing.

When you feel that you did all of the right things to reduce scrap or increase OEE and the results are not what you had expected. So you take a moment regroup and put together another plan to achieve the goals.
Not an enjoyable place to work. Alot of unhappy people.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: too much weekend work.
Scrub hot moulds, pulling foam seats out of moulds ande spraying wax. Inspected seat for no deform effects. How to use different air tools for the job. Dealing with the heat was the hardest part.
Provided many challeging opportunities for all employees
BSOS (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 21, 2014
Skills required: prioritizing, multitasking, review and preview,
Typical day: check emails, check phone messages, put paperwork into order and work through depending on the days requirement, do A/R and A/P follow-ups, review daily numbers and react accordingly
Management: Many opportunities for personal and career growth were available and encouraged to be acted upon.
Hardest part; No task is to hard if you enjoy and benefit from it.
Most enjoyable: Satisfaction of a job well done.
Had fun with great people
Production Operator (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 27, 2014
quality control for a Automotive company.

Co-worker were great.

Hardest part was working late hours

Enjoyed days and meeting new people
Ottawa Operations needs to be reorganized @ the management level
Building Systems Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: overall a good company
Cons: no further comment. thank you this oppurtunity
I think Johnson Controls overall is a good organization overall. Ottawa is a very small part of the company as a whole. I for one could fix the issues @ the management level, but the company would have to discharge some people.
i like to ride motorcycles
Production Technician (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: it was a great place to work
Cons: i work straight midnight shift
I inspect foam pads for defects and trim flash of foam pads then hang on belt for packaging and i liked working there it was a fast pacing job

1 2 3 4

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos