Johnson Controls Employee Reviews for Assembler

dont care about your saftey
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 February 2017
I was with them for just under a year, After I refused to do a part of the job do too my safety they showed me the front door, Not a fan of an employer that will allow something to swing above my head where it will make contact with my head,, I like to keep my brains unscrambled thank you.
great place to work.
Assembly Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 July 2016
great place to work, worked with a lot of good people, management treated everybody fairly, being layed off when GM cut the third shift, for me most enjoyable part of the job working the overtime, and everybody worked together teamwork..
Pros
getting rewarded on a good job done./ team work
Cons
people not working together
Was a Great place until GM started slowing down
Assembler, Repair (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 July 2016
The work wasn't too hard on you depending on the job, the people were great , pay and benefits were good and you got to do a different job every hour. I learned far too many things to list while working here. Management was that.. but all good people. There weren't really hard parts to the job. I liked the job but it does't have a future.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 February 2016
Good people, nice work environment, and great management. Fellow employees very helpful with training. Management takes a real interest in helping employees advance within the company. My experiences working at Johnson Controls were very positive.
Car seat assembler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 December 2015
It was very hard work and physical. We made car seats for the Acura MDX mid section. my Co-Workers were very nice to work with they helped out a lot.
loved it
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 May 2015
this was my favorite job! unfortunately it was only a temporary position, everyone in this environment was great! would love to work in this sort of place again!
very demanding
line worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON2 April 2013
overall Johnson controls is a good work environment. however, they just had half of the buisness move south and it is a bit chaotic right now. its very hard on the body and fast paced but i didnt personally mind that
Productive and demanding job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 February 2013
Begins with a morning meeting explaining the needs of the shift (what orders need to be done, how many need to be packed for the day) We then look at the parts and write a list of any parts needed for the shift. After giving the list to the team leader, we proceed to work. I have learned various jobs, anything from being a team leader, running a machine to wiring any furnace in there. My co-workers are all very nice, we work as a team to get our job done and everyone is willing to help each other to achieve this. The hardest part of the day is if we run out of parts or have defective material. The best part of the day is when we achieve our goal and meet the customer demands, it gives me a feeling of satisfaction of having done a good job.
Pros
the pros are having a town hall meeting once a month, getting to voice what is on our minds and, free coffee and doughnuts.
Cons
the job usually requires a lot of overtime.
Worked afternoon,learned how to built parts for cars,Jobs are easy.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2012
Workplace are good.The environment are okay.People are nice and friendly.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
sometimes long hours and sometimes short.
Revolving door syndrome
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 October 2012
This company is a joke to work for. They use bill 168 as an excuse to fire people who actually do their jobs. Team leaders back stab you and management has a system in place 90 % temp workers 10 % fulltime . . this should indicate something to future prospects.
Pros
listen to music while working
Cons
don't even pass gas, someone might get offended and you'll get fired.
was a well run plant, where the company cared about there workers
assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 May 2012
i enjoyed going to work every day that i worked there, i wish the auto industry didn't take a turn for i worst because i would have been stilled enployed there
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long weeks sometimes, but the wage was worth the long hours