Johnson Controls

1.9K reviews

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Good people, nice work environment, and great management. Fellow employees very helpful with training. Management takes a real interest in helping employees advance within the company. My experiences working at Johnson Controls were very positive.
Fast paced
Health, Safety, Environmental & Human Resources (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: wide variety of exposure
Cons: spread too thin
Very fast paced with tons of exposure to all areas of manufacturing and stable environment with room to grow and learn. Mostly good people. Strong union presence
quite working office
Contract Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Markham, ONDecember 11, 2015
Pros: hours flexible
Cons: salary
Peacefully working firm.
everyone is nice and warm.
manager are friendly for flexible hours.
i had learn Oracle, A/P, A/R and payroll
Ok place to work, but if you get hurt following Johnson Controls Safety policies you'll get terminated
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2015
It's an ok place to work, incredibly strict on safety. They provide you with anything you could ever need, but don't get hurt, they'll let you go immediately even if you follow the policies and steps to properly report an injury.
Car seat assembler (Former Employee), Milton, ONDecember 4, 2015
It was very hard work and physical. We made car seats for the Acura MDX mid section. my Co-Workers were very nice to work with they helped out a lot.
horrible company to work for!
Systems Technician (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: liars
A lot of empty promises, back stabbing and office politics, employees back stab each other and management encourages it. Human resources never has their employees best interest in mind.
Nice company until corporate decided to joint venture in order to exit the automotive business.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Whitby, ONOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Great place to gain experience, Confidence to deal with stress and meet tight deadlines, After work in the automotive industry, The work pace in any other manufacturing industries is a breeze
Cons: Little training or mentorship, Inept middle management, Little opportunity for advancement, Rife with nepotism and favouritism
After many years in the auto industry the corporate decided to initially joint venture with a chinese company in order to eventually get rid of their interiors automotive division.
It used to be a great place to work,for the last 5 years the Whitby business unit management become a close club of people holding the key positions and deciding the fate and career advance of their subordinates. eventually the work culture turned in a toxic environment place where salary staff lost all the motivation.
HR management the worst ever seen in all my career.
Automotive has it`s up and downs
former employee (Former Employee), Whitby, ONOctober 8, 2015
Pros: lots of communication
Cons: downsizing
Long hours when everything was busy, downside to that was when auto industry changed so did the plant, we mirrored what the customer did - if they were busy so were we, if not the same was true
Buyer Beware
Manager (Former Employee), markham, onOctober 7, 2015
Examine the benefits; get feedback from other employees; ask your connections before you committ

Ask about the leadership style, ask about what the bonus is really or historically
Enjoyable job, great hours, great co-workers
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 5, 2015
Pros: travel and set own hours
Cons: Contract ended with Client
visit each of my stores on a monthly schedule, inventory management, warranty returns and troubleshooting with associates for customer service issues.

Great rep team across Canada, in constant contact to allow us to do a better job for our client across the country.

There really was no hard part of this job, as we could set our own hours as long as we visited each store monthly or as per our contract. the most enjoyable part was meeting with our contacts at the stores each month.
a fun place to work
associate/union steward (Former Employee), whitby,ont,canadaAugust 19, 2015
a fast pace working environment in an automotive industry.A great place to work,with a friendly work atmosphere and loads of opportunity to advance.
Worked daily with clients for Service dealing with access controls and fire
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Friendly environment, great team members and good benefits. Company was involved in several organizations. Worked closely with City of Toronto to approve accounts
Good pay
General Labourer (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 18, 2015
Decent coworkers, was let go because factory shut down.

If it wasn't for a high rate of pay for not having experience, would not have likely stayed there if it was any lower. Only received 7 hour shifts and was sent home early very, very often.
Fun people to work with and most days were great and without any problems.
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 9, 2015
A typical day was coming in at 10:45pm. Work the assembly line, we had 3 breaks throughout the 7 hour shift and the day ends at 6:05 am. Management for the most part were fair honest people. My co-workers were great and hardworking people and I very rarely every had a falling out with any of them. The hardest part of the job was staying awake throughout the night and the most enjoyable was coming in to see everyone everyday.
fast paced work environment
production line technician (Former Employee), 8205 parkhill dr milton, onMay 27, 2015
Pros: the pay and benefits
Cons: mandatory overtime including weekend
fast paced work environment with lots of attention to detail being able to multitask and perform under pressure while focusing on guality and rate
loved it
Line Worker (Former Employee), OntarioMay 8, 2015
this was my favorite job! unfortunately it was only a temporary position, everyone in this environment was great! would love to work in this sort of place again!
my time at johnson controls was something new to me at the time and I really enjoyed the environment
Production Associate (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 17, 2015
Johnson Controls was company that built parts for General Motors, we would come to work and have a group meeting to listen to any news about Company and to hear of how previous shift was doing,then off to our work stations. the thing I liked about working there was we did 8 1hr jobs so each hour we would change to different areas of our cell area. Management was very easy for.Considering the nature of the job there werent too many challenging jobs if any, very ergonomically correct, and considering how many employees there was I didn't find a problem with anyone(but I wasn't looking for one either)
A Workplace where i can make money to live
production operator (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 15, 2015
its like a high school, lots of drama and unnecessary bull. but i have to say i don't regret it because i met the women of my dreams there. the money is good and the vacation time is great.
Good Company to work for
Fire and Security Service Tech (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 5, 2015
Pros: a lot of work
Cons: area is to cold
• Install /Configure fire/security systems which utilize both core and third party fire/security/electrical technology as defined by the project specification or on retrofit projects while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• installation/service Door Hardware.
• Assist experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems.
• Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
• Assist in monitoring project execution plan.
• Order material from both internal sources and /or external vendors,and expedites as necessary.Ensure timely delivery to appropriate location
• Adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
.we all work as a time
.really enjoy working for JCI our leaders a very help full
Well organize and very clean workplace.
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 5, 2015
It is nice to work for a company like Johnson Controls. I have learn lots of new skills from my co-workers and management.
Links