Johnson & Johnson

Johnson & Johnson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Johnson, COJuly 19, 2014
The manager is better informed and more up-to-date with his or her people's activities (and more in touch with what lies beyond, e.g., customers, suppliers, competitors, markets, etc)
Difficult issues can be identified, discussed and resolved quickly, before they become more serious.
Help can be given more readily - people rarely ask unless they see – more... a good opportunity to do so - the regular informal review provides just this.
Assignments, tasks and objectives can be agreed completed and reviewed quickly - leaving actions more than a few weeks reduces completion rates significantly for all but the most senior and experienced people.
Objectives, direction, and purpose is more up-to-date - modern organizations demand more flexibility than a single annual review allows - priorities often change through the year, so people need to be re-directed and re-focused. – less
No Minority Advancement
Revenue Specialist (Former Employee), Skillman, NJJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good name on a resume
Cons: no opportunities for advancement for minorities in management.
Johnson & Johnson is a dead end for your career if you are a minority. I worked near the diversity office and found that they literally have 0 leaders that are minorities or females. If you are looking to start your career then this might be the right place. If you are looking for a leadership role and advancement as a minority then you are better off – more... going to another company. They don't negotiate salary – less
Easy going environment, great culture
Operations Finance Co-Op (Current Employee), Chesterbrook PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home
A typical day at work in J & J's Operations Finance department entailed responding to various ad hoc requests from upper management as well as business partners. Routine tasks included preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.

My Interactions with business partners across the globe taught me to communicate in a professional manner. I learned – more... what it takes to be part of a successful team and how to streamline processes thus improving efficiency. Additionally, I developed excellent PC skills through my daily use of business software like Excel, JD Edwards, ARIBA and more.

My Co-Workers were undoubtedly the smartest group of people I had ever been around. They are highly motivated result oriented folks with an affinity to learn.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with business partners in different time zones across the globe. Finding a convenient time for video conferencing was challenging.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge it presented. Every day was unique and brain stimulating. In addition, the culture at J & J made going to work a rewarding experience. – less
productive
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 14, 2014
Pros: very busy
Cons: productiion cooperation
very challenging and descent, good people, detail oriented
Mixture of modern and very traditional work place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Maidenhead, ENGJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good restaurant.
Cons: varies dependent on job.
Very modern office, and some work practices were very modern, and some very traditional. J&J have a large quantity of in-house applications to learn which was fun but would not perhaps be of use outside working for J&J. Co-workers were very quiet in my section, but were genuine, and nice people. Hardest part of the job would vary for each individual. – more... Location was good, restaurant and benefits were also very good. Most enjoyable part of the job were the PA's who all shared information and the bosses. – less
Great place to work with opportunity in the market place globally
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Raritan, NJJune 30, 2014
Pros: healthcare, flexibility
Cons: career advancement
Johnson & Johnson is a great place to work where you feel as if your contributions are helping to provide individuals with a better quality of life.
Management Style and Organizational Cultura
Trade Compliance Mgr Latam & Transp.Security Mgr (Former Employee), Sao Paulo, BrazilJune 25, 2014
Balanced working life.
We can live the Credo Values, most important
It was very good work with people that want to make difference at custumers life.
Productive and effective work environment with ping pong table
Associate R&D Engineer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2014
Worked in matrix organized corporate environment. Learned how to effectively work in teams and run and schedule meetings. Learned about market research activities in the medical device industry. Learned about CAPA management and lifecycle management in a high regulated environment.
Excellent companie
Reprsentavice Companie, Sales Woman (Former Employee), PRJune 14, 2014
Good Products . Good Service .Good Ideas Verry Profetional
Great place to work and grow personally and professionally
Quality System Coordinator: (Former Employee), Valencia, VenezuelaJune 13, 2014
Great place to work and grow personally and professionally
Great company, great products, poor culture
COMMERCIAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGJune 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, products
Cons: blame culture, development opportunities
Great company, great products, poor culture, poor development opportunities
Excelent Place to work
Industrial Hygiene - Safety Technician (Current Employee), San Lorenzo - PRJune 7, 2014
Lot of tasks for the day, such as inspections, sampling, data input and interacting with employees. For my first work experience I learn how to apply the theory to the field, work with different supervisors and plant personnel. The hardest part of the job security were the security walkthroughout the plant under the hot sun. The most enjoyable part – more... of the work was seen the satisfaction of employees to be in a safer environment. – less
medicine
Sr. Computer Operator (Former Employee), Vapi, GJJune 6, 2014
Pros: 9
Cons: 8
i am working as a computer operator. here is 30 person of staff.
great place to work - highly respected
Records Retention Associate (Former Employee), Raritan, NJJune 2, 2014
I enjoyed working at Johnson and Johnson very much I was employed there as a contractor from June 2007 to September 2013
Enjoyable work culture
European Category Marketing Manager (Current Employee), WokinghamMay 30, 2014
Pros: subsidised food and costa
Cons: travel
There is no such thing as a typical day! My role varies as the project I am working on evolves. I have daily contact with the Agencies who work with me and regular meetings to ensure the project stays on track. I track the budget and ensure the project remains on track to deliver on time. I travel occasionally.

I have learnt a huge amount about contact – more... lenses and the vision care category. I have also learned a huge amount about data analytics.

The management are very supportive. I am currently a team of 1 so I have to work independently but I have support from other teams around me.

The hardest part of the job is keeping my project on budget.

The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people. They are friendly, supportive and fun. – less
PM Role
Scientist I (Current Employee), Skillman, NJMay 29, 2014
Working with J&J has been a great experience. The management is very understanding and flexible.
Extraordinary Experience
Operations Finance Co-Op (Former Employee), Raritan, NJMay 28, 2014
I learned skills in Corporate finance that will help me in the long run.
Progressive, Innovative, Caring
Associate Director Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee), ZGMay 28, 2014
Very good company to work for
Managers care about their employees
Lots of opportunities to try new things
Demanding culture but worth the effort
Supervisor Global Health Services (Former Employee), Raritan, NJMay 27, 2014
Pros: nice environment; health is promoted
Cons: tight budget
Team work is mandatory and everyone has a chance to weigh in on everything.

Employees are vested in the work process and safety is very important within the organization
Great place to start and build a career
Senior Manager (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJMay 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, collaborative culture, opportunities to work in various roles
Cons: almost 100% travel, complex matrix org structure
DISCLAIMER: I work remotely in a 100% travel role which is unusual

Typical day - up very early to work ET hours and/or in transit to a remote location. Work is varied and challenging. I learn something new every day.
Management is very engaged and involved.
Co-workers are also engaged and desire to serve our customers and live the Credo.
Hardest part – more... is trying to balance work and the rest of personal life, given the 100% travel
Most enjoyable is the sense of accomplishment as everyone pulls together to complete a task.

All that said, there are some challenges to be aware of... it is a very large, complex organization that is highly matrixed. There can be a lot of overlap and ambiguity about roles and boundaries. If you are interested in working at J&J, it's just something to keep in mind and consider as you integrate into the company. – less