Johns Manville

Johns Manville Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Place to Work
Confidential (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 23, 2014
Pros: stability
Good place to work.
Stable company.
Good compensations and benefits.
Good work/life balance.
Work day
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), McPherson, KSMarch 7, 2014
This job requires you work 12 hour rotating shifts and some hoildays and weekends as well. Great benifits package for all employee's.
Interesting, Professional, good people
Lead Operator/Assistant Operator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: bonuses
I know most of my job but nobody knows everything. Theres always room to learn. Everybody at the job speaks when see one another or carry genuine concern for our teams well being. The hardest part of my job is my assistant because she's new. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I just saved a few lives.
good people to work with
Supervisor - Shipping and Manufacturing Production (Former Employee), Rockdale, ILJanuary 28, 2014
typical work day schedule was 7 AM to 330 PM. I always arrived at
6 AM to open office and plan the activities for the day. The work force was all union and management was not. I also was not union but
I enjoyed and worked well with all the employees. The hardest part of the job was keeping tabs on all the truck drivers and visitors maintaining their – more... safety and compliance to all the plant policies. – less
productive work place
Production Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Winder, GADecember 19, 2013
loved working for JM. there was a lot of chances to move up in the company
It's a job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Fernley, NVDecember 16, 2013
Pros: decent wages for the type of work
Cons: unsteady rotating schedules. very hard to make personal plans
What the administration tells you when you get hired on is completely different when you've been there for 3 months. There are no performance based pay increases. The favoritism is mind boggling. I could go on for hours on this.
It is by far the worse place to work. But if you need a job they pay better than minimum wage. The benefits package isn't – more... that good either but they have it. – less
Good place to retire
SAP Manufacturing Execution Leader (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 31, 2013
Advancement is difficult. Current management culture is the 'Good old boys club"
One of the best working experiences I've ever had in my career!
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Waterville, OHOctober 27, 2013
I started filling in for a couple weeks due to a medical leave, and was kept on for my diligence, attention to detail, customer service, ability to multi-task, and create Excel documents for my manager.
The experience there was fantastice. JM is a wonderful company to work for. They really embody community values, along with environmental values, both – more... of which are very important to me.
Unfortunately, the position was always to be temporary,but instead of 2-3 weeks to cover, it was 16. No complaints here! – less
A great group of front line employees
Production Superintendent-Assistant Plant Manager (Former Employee), South Gate, caOctober 15, 2013
Pros: great beneftis
Cons: weak management
Bottom line do not trust management, they are only looking after themselves. Specially when there is a management change at the top the food chain.
Overall a good place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee), Scottsboro AlabamaAugust 15, 2013
Pros: hours were ok
Cons: breaks were too short
Management was willing to work with the employees abut issues
Fun place to work.
CPO - Chop Pack Operator (Current Employee), Waterville, OHAugust 13, 2013
Pros: easy work, long breaks
You get three breaks during an 8-hr shift. The work is pretty easy on a good day. You will have a bad day but not to often and you won't have any control of it.
Productive and fun workplace
Winder Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: nice work environment/location
Cons: temporary position
The typical day at work was pretty fast paced due to production. It was not a hard job at all but steady. I got along with all co-workers as well as management. There wasn't really anything difficult about the job. I enjoyed driving the forklift everyday.
Difficult conditions, management is out of touch.
Tim Ponting, Shift Supervisor, Micah Smallwood (Former Employee), 17th ave, 67460August 1, 2013
Difficult conditions, management is out of touch. The immediate supervisors need more people skills.
fine
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJuly 25, 2013
i pulled orders for kitchen company and loaded trucks.had a god tme there
Unethical
Procurement & MRO Specialist (Former Employee), TexasJuly 17, 2013
Always CYA. Management will tell you one thing and do another.
Productive, team oriented place to work.
General Utility Worker (Former Employee), Richmond, INMay 22, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: seven day rotating schedule. only one weekend off per month.
My job was challenging at times. I drove a forklift and clamp truck, hauling from the production lines to the staging area. I was also a Group Leader over eight over employees. I developed quite a few skills in fourteen years. I worked in Research and Development. Trained in the operation of glass furnaces and fiberglass spinning equipment. The hardest – more... part of the job was the heat and the dust from the raw materials. The management and co workers were great to work with. Very helpful. – less
good place to work
Inspector Packer (Current Employee), Defiance, OHMay 10, 2013
Best job I have ever had. Good people, good pay and alright benefits.

dj1000 – July 16, 2013

I worked for the cleburne plant and was hired with the understanding it was not a permenant job, there was 45 hired on at the same time,working 7 days nights 7 days days rotating shift I was never late always early to clock in ,were allowed 15 min breakes every 2 hrs, on 12 hr shifts , after going through the orientation and so forth I was allowed to go on the floor and work, there was no training, except just getting out and busting ur tail on the job training by ur competitors , inspector packers do all the hard work , the machines were turned up to max and ran very fast , there was lots of waist material the machines would cover you up , and the union employees just stood around talking about football games and watching as the new hires bust their tail or messed up on the machines,, I was employed by this company and then let go the day before I became a union employee that hurts when you have a perfect work record , the work is intense and slave driving to say the least , the air is full of blown glass you cannot escape it ,you are not allowed to help any one on ur team, cause their performance is being monitored ( Culling them) , the saftey test given by osha are all cheated on by everyone what good does it do if you have all the answers to take a Osha test?? , most are the machine operators are simple and only know the routine they have learned over the years , since i left that place at least 8 have fallen out from the heat in the ovens and or from stress ,there was 2 major fires while i was there , if you dont beleve me just ask the people that work there, the supervisor that layed me off passed out on the floor from seizures ,an osha rep passed out from seizures ,they no longer work there,many have lost their lives in the machines, osha is a joke there ! if mr buffet only new how that place was really ran, and how the help was used he would shut that place down ,or restructure it , ;buy the timei was layed off I was one of the last of the 45 employed to go, all had been layed off or quit ,that is a sweat house, you have been warned !

The best plant manager & human resources manager ever
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALMay 1, 2013
This is the job that I loved and cried when they told us that the company was moving back to Ohio.
Our plant manager was so fair, and had hands on with each employee
Each day I would put my hard toe shoes, hard hat on and go out on the floor - just to check on the employees. We were not just co-worker, but treated everybody as family
Great job security, competitive salary, poor culture and old school business mentality
- (Current Employee), COApril 9, 2013
The company has treated me very well. However, there has been little direction and learning that has been provided which makes it difficult to improve and grow effectively.
Productive had fun with co workers
Senior Clerk, Library (Former Employee), Littleton, CODecember 20, 2012
Pros: posible bonus at end of year, health care, pay
Sort Library mail and deliver to the two women in the Library. Route newsletters out to others in corperation. Enter patents into database,file patents. Enter research reports into database. Shelve books. Photo copy for others. Help asembled manuals notebooks for environmental group. Archive lab notebooks. Entering Patents and research reports into – more... the database. – less

About Johns Manville

Come rain, snow, sleet, hail, and even fire, Johns Manville (JM) keeps its customers protected from the elements. JM produces – Read more