Johns Hopkins University

Johns Hopkins University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A wonderful place to work
Patient Advocate/ Case management/ (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2016
- fast paced environment
- I learned a lot of information regarding the HIV virus
-Management extremely nice and understanding
- Co workers very friendly, helpful and united
-Hardest part of the position me not wanting to leave at 5:00 pm till my responsibilities were completed for the day.
-Everyone at the clinic help one another
Great place with great people
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2016
Pros: working with people
Cons: Some supervisors showed favortism
A wonderful place to work, even though my tenure with the company ended I still wish I was there. My co-workers were good to get along with and the work was satisfying.
Neurology/Neurosurgery
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), MarylandMay 12, 2016
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Poor management
The neurology/neurosurgery department has a revolving door due to poor management. Employees are not valued. The department is the only department within the CPA to receive occurrences; ex. If you are involved in a car accident while driving to work and unable to make it in, you will receive an occurrence. If you are hospitalized and you're unable to work, you will receive an occurrence. The atmosphere in the department is very unwelcoming, employees are not allowed to talk during work hours. Employees are micromanaged. Management has very bad communication skills and lacks knowledge of job.
Love the Job, not a fan of Management
Ophthalmic Technician Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2016
Pros: Amazing Benifits
Cons: Poor Management
I enjoy working here, love my co-workers and the actual job itself is stimulating. My management team is terrible which makes work difficult sometimes. This is a high volume, fast place with constant challenges.
It is a chanllenging place to work for
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2016
Pros: Friendly working environment
Cons: long work
I did this intern several years in the school of medicine. The work is redundant and dull, but it is very challenging at the same time. I worked in the lab department, and the colleagues are very smart and easy-going. Overall, I like the working environment there.
Excellent work environment
Senior Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2016
Pros: Working with capable people
Cons: Long hours
I enjoyed working for Johns Hopkins. They have a great work culture and there is opportunity for advancement. My co-workers were great to work with and my job entailed working with children, which I very much liked. The experience was great!
Interesting
MEDICAL OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2016
I enjoy working in the brain and stroke clinic. I work with many different doctors and therapaist. I have patients who have overcome all types of diseases and illness
Plenty of work to be done and cleaned up
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2016
Pros: FREE APPLICATION CLASSESS OFFERED
Cons: THE WAY WORK IS TO BE DONE PER DEPARTMENT
When all system are communicating with each other work can get done in a productive manner. On any day we are continully corrected errors from our front end to maximize revenue. The learning process is long but doable. Co-workers are good people. The hardest part of my job is the travel time to and from work. The most enjoyable part is when allsystems work and the revinue of a long standing account gets properly processed for payment.
I work in a very busy GI specialty office
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2016
Pros: free coffee, my own office
Cons: office politics can easily ruin the day
my job involves coordination of care for high volume of patients. We use EPIC as the patient database. Co-workers are Great. I now have an in depth knowledge of Gastroenterology and mostly work electronically and/or over the phone. nice supervisor. Watch out for the office politics!
productive and collaboratuve learning enviroinment
Research Coordinator (Current Employee), baltimoreApril 7, 2016
Pros: opppiortunity to learn and collaborate
Cons: none as of now
Great benefit and management. Opportunity for collaboration, learn research, grow a great career while larning from the best
productive and fun work environment
Lead Testing Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
Pros: pay, communication, training, work environment
Cons: group members work pace
Testing was made easy with great training staff. Once we got out on the school site for testing, the school principal and participating teacher was very accommodating to our needs. When we had questions for administering the test, our supervisor was always accessible by email or phone. Our pay was always received on time. Each year we worked on ways to make the program easier.
See other Johns Hopkins University Review.
Instructional Facilitator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2016
See other Johns Hopkins University Review. It will fully explain my point of view as far as working at Johns Hopkins University. Again, Overall it was excellent, the best job I have ever had, and awesome people to work with for 15 years.
good as a stepping stone
Director (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 20, 2016
good as a stepping stone or if you want to "coast". Limited growth opportunities for staff. Lack of leadership or direction.
Stressful but interesting work
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Engaging and stimulating work
Cons: high stress
JHU is an exciting place to work, filled with smart and engaging people.

It is also high stress. People work very hard and everyone is expected to.
Great Place to work
Administrative Coordinator - Neuropathology (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Parking
Each day is a new day for learning. They care about their employees and their well being. I have an excellent boss that is very flexible but is getting ready to retire. I am being proactive in my job search.
It's an amazing school
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2016
the school equips people with business skills and business mind with humanity. It pairs courses with project, like Innovation with humanity, discovery to market courses.
Excellent challenging employer
Associate Director (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2016
Great employer on cutting edge of health care
High expectations and high satisfaction
love patients
management is fair
co-workers are MDs
Great organization to work for
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 9, 2016
I was a summer intern for three years in a row working in their IT department. Everyone in the department is friendly, supportive, and highly intelligent. I enjoyed my time as an intern for Johns Hopkins' IT department and learned more through hands-on experience than any lesson taught in a classroom.
Learned a great deal of things while working here at Johns Hopkins
Record Assistance Clerk/Data Entry (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Great healthcare, great benefits
Cons: My cons about working here is my pay salary
Working here at Hopkins gave me the opportunity to learn new and exciting things. I am always a type of person to excel in what I am doing and Johns Hopkins University allow me to excel. Management team in my department is great. I work alone without management because they trust me so well, where as I do not need management constantly looking at my work. I rec'd all kinds of gifts and letters from other personal for my helping them with a situation.
Good benifits, stability,great healthcare reputation
Healthcare Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Good benifits, stability, great healthcare reputation
Cons: organization looks at employees like a number, not a valued person
Johns Hopkins University is a stable environment to receive employment. Training and the demand for day to day expectations of daily task, will prepare you to work in, and handle any future employment elsewhere.