Johns Hopkins University

Johns Hopkins University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging but rewarding atmosphere
Clinic Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 15, 2014
Very fast-paced environment that sometimes impeeds on personal/family time. Workload is volumous yet challenging. Great place to network and meet people. Advancement is difficult unless you are known.
can be ok place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 13, 2014
Pros: the name looks good on resumes
Cons: low pay and bad benefits
Depending on where you work it can be a great place. The pay stinks. The university is very low paying and benefits are terrible. It also depends on your manager. Some managers abuse their authority.
Challenging and there are a lot opportunities
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 8, 2014
Pros: rich source for self-improvement, flexible working schedule, a lot of after-work activities
Cons: benefit
Flexible time schedule. As long as you finish you work, you can have dental and medical appointment during the day. There are a lot of techniques to learn. Online courses and lectures are free to attend. The hardest part is that when times come to my advisor's funding applying season, there would be a lot of pressure on shoulder to obtain valuable data – more... and work after work to get things done. – less
Ok place to work, I've worked at better places
Patient Access Specialist II/PSC (Current Employee), Baltimore, MdDecember 8, 2014
Typical day for me was sitting at a desk registering patients. By working here I learned that it's not what you know it's who you know. The management here is terrible, if your not one of the favorites you're no one. Co-workers were nice, the hardest part of my job was keeping my mouth shut about things that bothered me. There really isn't anything – more... enjoyable about working here. – less
Culture Behind the Times, Management is clueless
IT Professional (Former Employee), Johns Hopkins Healthcare, Glen Burnie, MDNovember 28, 2014
Pros: not in baltimore
Cons: management sticks together, but is clueless.
Very Clicky, either you are one of the cool kids or not. Toxic work environment, management looks for issues where there aren't any, makes for unhappy place to work.
good work life balance
Sr.Systems Engineer/Team Lead (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits, no micro management, no strict deadlines
Cons: promotion is not always based on merits. office politics
good work life balance at Hopkins.

Work can be project based, but no micro management.

Co-workers are great and for the most part get along ok

Hardest part of the job is not knowing who to actually trust. seems like everyone wants to get ahead at any cost

Learned to always be aware of office politics and know what to say at any point in time.
very good company
Senior Professional Staff (Current Employee), Laurel, MDNovember 19, 2014
Nice people, nice attitudes, professional attitude, great benefits, ability to get classes on site, gym, shuttles, great diversity, great job security, culture, compensation, flexibility, benefits.
great
Associate Research Professor (Current Employee), ORNovember 16, 2014
great place to work at !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Academic environment with high conpetition
Senior Research Program Coordinator/Statistician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare
On the surface a fun place to work, but the environment is unfriendly and the competition is fierce
Program that has a large outreach to the Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania area
Odyssey Registrar (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandNovember 9, 2014
Pros: customer service, hands on set-up
Cons: limited web based outlook
* A typical work days includes registering participants for non-credit
liberal arts programs. Customer service is a large part of my job
also.
* This job has taught me that life not only continues when you
retire, but you actually thrive and take more opportunities to learn
for personal enrichment.
* I am responsible for student workers who assist Instructors – more... with
classroom and one-on-one setup.
* This organization has a small staff, but we are all very hands
on with production of creating a successful work environment.
* The most challenging part of my job is assisting potential students
who may not have the income to afford program costs and trying
to work with them, so that they are able to enroll in classes.
* The most rewarding part of my job, is when students comment on
their experience with this program. I feel I am the first contact with
students and I have an influence for either a positive or negative
outcome. – less
I love my Job!
Appeals / Health Benefits & Claims Analyst I (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDNovember 3, 2014
Johns Hopkins has allowed me to grow in many ways... I am very thankful!!
Program Assistant
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2014
Academically, as an active researcher on the project “Prepayment Rate and the Planned Amortization Class (PAC) Model” in the spring 2014, I have enhanced my knowledge of financial engineering, Monte Carlo Simulation and statistical prediction. As a financial planning analyst, I would be able to effectively deal with multi-tasking.
terrible
Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Neurology (Former Employee), baltimroe, mdOctober 14, 2014
some smart ppl

terrible bosses

some smart ppl
terrible bosses
large workload but great experience
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2014
The workload can be challenging at times, but the end product is worth the struggle.
Wonderful group to work with
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandOctober 9, 2014
Pros: keeping up to date with cutting edge technology
Cons: benefits lessened
First thing in the morning was to answer any messages that were left overnight and make sure servers were up and running.
Review workload and prepare to go out in the field to help everyone on my job list with whatever the needs were.
Answer phones and be ready for emergency support.
Very good place for good and quality research
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2014
Some very good working experience and collaborations.
Learned a lot. Although working hard was part of the research life but it was enjoyable.
Conducive working environment
Sr. IT Officer / Network Administrator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 6, 2014
My typical work include but were not limited to installation, configuration, design, implementation, upgrades, and troubleshooting of various enterprise technologies located within a complex LAN/WAN infrastructure
World famouse university
Research Technologist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 6, 2014
Cons: no holidays and weekends
My typical day at work starts around 9 am. Usually it's very busy. As research technologist i'm responsible for many things. Basically i'm caretaker with my own research projects. My lab is not that big, but we work really hard, that's why we almost always run out of some supplies. So I have to monitor inventory every other day. If you have 20 boxes – more... and no room for it I definitely can do something. I communicate with sale persons and maintain order in the lab space. One of my duties is preparation of culture mediums and feeder cells for all members of my lab. After I'm done with lab stuff i do my own experiments. For last year i was doing screening of compounds library. As result of this screening we identified small molecules which induce direct conversion of fibroblast to neural crest stem cells. In the same time I made several reporter lines based on iPSc lines using CRISPR system. also once per couple month i hold a presentation on lab meeting.
I really do enjoy and appreciate my work in Johns Hopkins University. I have learnt a lot about high impact scintific work from cell culture to collect data for publishing. – less
Great Organization
Financial Aid Administrator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2014
Puts a strong emphasis on work/life balance; the management quality depends on department.
great college great students great place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), District of Columbia, DCOctober 3, 2014
I am so glad to work at Johns Hopkins University as an teaching assistant. i was an TA for an accounting class. it was fun to work there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins University

Founded in 1876 with a $7 million bequest from its namesake, The Johns Hopkins University established its reputation from the – Read more

Johns Hopkins University Photos