Johns Hopkins University Employee Reviews

Na
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD13 February 2018
good place to work but very hard to break the ladder. most of the times admin jobs are wired which makes is harder to progress but nevertheless i have been growing.
Great environment to work in...
Student Employment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD12 February 2018
Excellent benefits; tuition reimbursement is excellent, but compensation isn't the greatest but the amenities balance out. A lot of advancement opportunities. Very upset with myself for leaving.
Decent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MD11 February 2018
The job itself was easy, there is a lack of advancement options and they allow too many people to skate by and keep their jobs while everyone else has to pick up the slack
Great Environment
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD7 February 2018
They really value their workers, the pay is fair, and the management is everything one could hope for. Great experience, I would strongly recommend working there.
Depends on your team
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD6 February 2018
I did not enjoy my PhD at JHU, my advisor took a disliking to me and there was no recourse. My postdoc was wonderful, if lonely. I eventually left academia as I had enough of working by myself.
Great Place to work
Project Manager/Neurology Animal Researcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD6 February 2018
With any big company, your boss makes a difference in how you view the company. I loved my boss and he made the experience very pleasant. He was open to listening to different opinions and respected all his employees. He was very good at sharing credit and making sure we all felt valued.
Team enviroment
Registered Vascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD5 February 2018
I felt as a part of a team working with Vascular Surgery. I felt my expertise was appreciated and we did meaningful exams. We worked closely with the vascular surgeons, PAs, fellows and residents.
I am here to stay
Grants and Contracts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD2 February 2018
Every place has its pros and cons, but I do not foresee a situation where I would leave. This is a major employer in the Baltimore Metro Area, with many opportunities and diversity.
review
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CA1 February 2018
The overall job expericence is great. Working at this location was nothing but fun. The kids in the school was very respectful. The hardest part of the job was the location.
Productive research-based university with talented researchers
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD31 January 2018
I highly recommend studying and conducting research at Johns Hopkins University. Many research laboratories at Hopkins are affiliated with the Medical or Biomedical related research.
Giant Institution, varies greatly between departments and roles.
Research Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD29 January 2018
Overall: The benefits are great. Good, affordable healthcare/dental/vision. A good package of paid vacation and sick days.The culture can be very political for a hospital, this varies in intensity by department. The compensation is notoriously lower than competitors. Management can sometimes be undertrained or inexperienced.
Pros
Benefits, healthcare, paid time off
Cons
Management, political culture, lower pay
Interesting
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD28 January 2018
Learn a lot from others, esp superiors. Need to be willing to work to your highest potential and prepared to learn on the job. Need to be fast learner and collaborative.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough free food
Dedicated to customer service
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD27 January 2018
My job was to assist in Financial Aid by filing and greeting visitors. I learned to organize an office and work with a different computer program. I liked the atmosphere but commute was a little difficult.
Pros
Good learning experience
Decentralized education/research institution
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD26 January 2018
This is a high calibre academic institution engaged in world class research projects. This facilitates national and international recognition of researchers involved in these projects. However, the place is very decentralized and fragmented. There is not very much interaction among people working in different units.
ok place to work
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 2120517 January 2018
Ok place to work. When a disease is cured you are no longer needed and they will dump you like yesterdays trash. Other than that it is an ok place to work.
Satisfactory place of employment
Development Data Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, Maryland16 January 2018
Johns Hopkins University is a place of employment which is
world renown. Management makes sure that you are aware of
the mission of the company and how it effects the society.
Sr. Moc
Senior Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD15 January 2018
I loved working at my Doctor's office, I was forced out because of his going to research side. I scheduled appointments and procedures for him. I would send refill to pharmacy, answer phones, deal with customer complaints, issues and provide appropriate care.
Good summer job
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD15 January 2018
The tasks that are assigned are doable. There is also good employee morale. Every day has some routine, but other than that, there are a variety of tasks that can change up your day at work.
Pros
AC environment
Cons
Parking
A warm and welcoming enviornment topped with an amazing learning experience.
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD12 January 2018
With effortless teamwork and collaboration, are team along with neighboring departments, well over exceeded goals by an astonishing amount due to teamwork. It was a workplace I looked forward to daily. I will always proudly and graciously use JHU and their financial team as a highly enjoyable experience with an amazing staff who were the perfect example of teamwork along with an awesome supervisor who treated all as equal giving consistent words of encouragement and positive vibes.
Pros
Management & Coworkers
Cons
Temporary job position
Supervisor is really nice
Quantitative Tutor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC10 January 2018
Your job is to tutor graduate students at Johns Hopkins University. our supervisor is really nice. perfect work and life balance as a full-time student.