Johns Hopkins University Employee Reviews

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC20 March 2017
Johns Hopkins is a good place to work as it is a reputable institution with high caliber thought leadership in the classroom and in research projects.
intern
Research Intern at Pediatric Cardiology Department (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD14 March 2017
i worked for free, and was not paid anything .
but the environment is good and have good opportunities to prosper in future.
good work ethics and safe atmosphere for its employees
Pros
good work environment, safe commute provided by the company
Cons
international interns not being paid
Great Organization
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenhouse South7 March 2017
The Johns Hopkins University Center for Government Excellence is a stellar work environment. The people that work there are awesome and are very dedicated to the work they are doing for city governments
Pros
Free Lunch, Flexible Schedule, Work From Home Policy
Cons
No Bemefits
Met a myriad amount of people
Residency Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD3 March 2017
I enjoyed working in a hospital setting where everyone worked for the betterment of the patients. We received approximately 500 applications for 13 positions to the psychiatry residency program. Over a 16 week period, 125-150 applicants (out of the 500) were invited and interviewed at the hospital for the 13 open residency positions. I was responsible for setting up each applicant with a day of interviews with approximately 8 hospital physicians and collection evaluations from the physicians on each applicant. The balance of the year I worked with the current 48 residents with their day-to-day activities. There really were no hard parts to my job--just a voluminous amount of computer and paper work. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the applicants from medical schools around the world and working with the in-house physicians at the hospital. It was totally different coming from the financial world to the medical field and I enjoyed my years at the hospital.
Pros
Benefits were wonderful
Cons
Short lunch hours
Learning enviorment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD3 March 2017
Learning environment provides with an opportunity to engage in challenges and solve them developing various skills.
Excellent learning environment
Research Fellow (Current Primary Appointment) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MD USA28 February 2017
Johns Hopkins is a resource rich learning environment with lots of opportunity to do cutting edge work.
Generally an enjoyable workplace.
Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible for most benefits provided to staff.
Shortage of Grants and Contracts candidates, most of the time you do the work of 2-3 people, due to turnover of staff
Senior Research Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD27 February 2017
I worked for Johns Hopkins University for over 20 years. Most of the grants and contracts management jobs are way understaffed. Employees have to work a lot of OT hours to compensate for the vacant positions or quick turnover of unsatisfied employees.
Pros
Ability to learn a lot in a short period of time
Cons
Excessive number of grant application's per staff member due to vacant positions
neutral
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MD18 February 2017
Management required more professionalism, providers very confident and have respect on employees. No doubt of their knowledge.
Bad management., influenced by employees with no ethics or moral
Pros
Relation between providers and medical assistant is respectable
Cons
Short break, value of ethics
Energy Environment
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD16 February 2017
Motivational Ethical work structure
Open to talk & cool for feedback
Nice work culture
Very proper training & motivational though process.
Good friends & live
Pros
Food
Cons
timeline
Challenging and rewarding
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD7 February 2017
Johns Hopkins is one of the best schools in the country. The engineering program gave me the skills necessary to be successful when tackling real engineering challenges.
friendly work place
Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lutherville, MD4 February 2017
Services provided for the Clients were awesome. Sometimes management was sure of the direction of the company made things confusing at times. Once they like you in a position they make it impossible for you to advance on to another position. They like to keep you in the same department.
Pros
great people
Cons
leadership decision making
Great community
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD4 February 2017
Great colleagues and benefits. The amount of intellectual properties are outstanding. The campus is beautiful and students have a wide range of activities to join.
Great experience with basic sciences technology.
RESEARCH SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD3 February 2017
Great scientific work exposure. Enjoyed learning and doing the experiments and literature search to make the bench work successful and fulfilling.
Good for work and study
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD2 February 2017
Assisted professor to prepare and hold online class session through Adobe Connect.
and including grading for students
Busy
Sr. Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD1 February 2017
It is a nice to place to work but it is a very busy and fast paced place. I enjoyed my thirty years there and would have no problem with returning during my retirement.
productive placeto work
Clinical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD27 January 2017
I really enjoyed being apart of this wonderful company very busy, fast place work environment always motivated me to push harder and always was room to grow, friendly hard working staff the most enjoyable things where making the patient feel at comfortable with ever visit on a day to day basis .
Good workplace with excellent benefits
Research Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD26 January 2017
Hopkins is a great place to work. The benefits are great, the pay is good. There is a good shuttle system and excellent facilities. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Great Facilities and benefits
Cons
Not the best salaries
Wonderful workplace.
Medical Secretary/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD16 January 2017
Working at this hospital was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. I learned how to be fast paced and not only did I work with fellow employees, I supervised several of them as well. Learning how to be humble was one of the greatest tasks I achieved. I will always take what I had learned at this job with me to wherever I may be employed,
productive
Research Specialist III (Current Employee) –  cancer center15 January 2017
Great place to work. I like atmosphere and research system of this institute. I like research system of this institute and faculty. Very friendly environment etc
Pros
Cons
Great
Laboratory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD6 January 2017
Good place to work and great benefits, some things can be better but overall a great place to grow and learn. Could make more money doing the same work at private company.

92%