Johns Hopkins University

Johns Hopkins University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
exciting working in healthcare helping others
Research Assistant II (Former Employee), Baltimore Maryland/ School of MedicineAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Growth, benefits
Cons: no ovetime
working with my study patients applying my expertise and my interpersonal skills. I learned to be a team player and to be well organized, my co-workers are professional and nice to work with they showed great inter personal skills as well.

The hardest part of my job was feeling a little stressed until I completed my assigned work on time I get a little anxiety when I feel over whelmed but I get it done in a timely manner.
Working with my patients was the most enjoyable part of my job,
and being challenged on certain aspects of my job.
Management was great very skilled and organized and very professional caring and kind respected your feedback and expertise.
Interesting Place To Work
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2015
There are many intellectuals that conduct fascinating studies and perform world-renowned procedures to improve the healthcare industry, but the management does not provide many opportunities for one to advance in their career and the pay is not great.
The work was rewarding and meaningful.
Research Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Shiprock, NMAugust 13, 2015
Pros: The success of the site depends on the team. Our team was the best.
Cons: Knowing that the job would only last as long as there was an active study in motion.
A typical day at work would entail, attempting to get study participants in for their appointments and complete the visits within the window set for the study. Have a staff meeting, finding out where everyone would be for the day. Enjoying time with the field team, finding out any issues or concerns they might have and addressing them before these issues became problems. Completing data entry. Completing study visits which were aligned with the study participants immunization schedule. Speaking with the parents. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the participants on schedule.
The work I have done with Johns Hopkins has been the most rewarding meaningful work I have ever experienced.
Work hard, have fun, prepare to move on
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Superb training environment
Cons: Early career advancement is difficult
*collaborative, collegial environment
*access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment
*Postdoctoral Association works hard to secure benefits and rights for postdoc community
*Very few fellows are retained and promoted to faculty
Productive and fun place
Teaching Assistant, Center for Talented Youth (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
Friendly people. Fun Work place with supportive management. Interns given lots of responsibility. If looking for a place to get hands on experience with still having a work life balance this is the place for you.
Great minds
Linux/ Unix System Administrator - GRSI contract (Former Employee), Laurel, MDAugust 3, 2015
A location with a collection of great minds. they challenge your way of thinking and way of doing things. They expand your mind and make you think outside the box.
Good graduate atmosphere with lots of academic activities
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2015
As a graduate research assistant, I work on my own independently most of the time. I've learned many technique skills. My co-workers are all fun to work with. The most enjoyable part is that time is very flexible.
Production and Challenging
Senior Research Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore MDJuly 29, 2015
Provided with many opportunities to learn and grow in your career. The work is challenging and gives a sense of accomplishment when completed.
Collaborative Prestigious Researchers
Senior Community Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Weekly Research Rounds
Cons: Less involved in the research aspect....number analysis, researching, etc. Public Health Politics in funding and outreach support
Had a privilege to be apart of an esteem team of Epidemiologist, Statisticians, CDC representatives, Epistemology, and Pediatricians who developed a public health campaign lowering the HIV epidemic in Baltimore City. My specific role was to represent this campaign as a Sr Community Specialist. Conducting interventions using algorithms put in place by combining advice from New York's and Washington D.C Detailing Model. Intervention contained (Campaign introduction, survey for Physician and Office manager, ending in action kit presentation). The rewarding part of the job was knowing your impact when dropping off HIV action kit set off a ligand signaling catastrophic cycle of events starting from educating physicians in HIV counseling all the way to retaining infected patients lost in care.
Great place to work, excellent growth potential
Group Administrator (Current Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 27, 2015
I love working for JHU/APL. Unfortunately, I have recently moved and my commute has become overwhelming. Otherwise, I would not be searching for other employment! Nothing bad to say about JHU/APL
Nice place to do research
Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2015
Intensive research work should be expected here. Have learned both independent and team work here, advance the ability of quick learning and implement.
Accounts Payable, Reconciliations, Budgets,
Budget Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Not as challenging as I would hope for
The position at Johns Hopkins University has provided additional experience in areas such as Accounts Payable (invoices and travel reimbursements) and Reconciliations. I have also gained knowledge with budgets which I did not have prior to this position. I have also helped with updating current policies and procedures as well as help create new ones such as implementing reconciliation policies.
SR. ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Baltimore,MDJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Nice place to work
Cons: No Growth
There are excellent opportunities for anyone that is willing to work and learn.JHU offer their employee stability with the opportunity to advance in any area of your choice, but it id difficult to advace.
Responsible for Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2015
I've been teaching assistant for two courses. I like the students and professors of both courses. I get to know what other people think about certain problems, which I think is the most interesting part. I also communicate a lot with the lectures and students to help with grading and provide homework solutions. I even give two lectures for students. Awesome experiences.
wonderful experience...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2015
I had a wonderful experience at Johns Hopkins. What I learned from my managers and co-workers still resides in me today. Their dedication and commitment to their jobs, and to the environment, is truly amazing.
Fun
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2015
A wonderful place to work, great people and lots of fun. Best place I've ever worked at. Nothing but the best!!!

World renowed institution with a delightful diverse atmosphere
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Lutherville, MDJuly 2, 2015
A typical work day consists of a robust patient flow, anywhere from 25-90 patients on a day to day rotation. The clinical team works as one and s very supportive of the other medical personel. My job entails patient triage along with front desk receptionist responsibilities; check in, check out and some specialty scheduling per each provider. My co- workers are amicable and light hearted. The hardest part of my job is identifying each providers personal needs; as we are a satelite office and many doctors provide care here.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing the care I provided was exceptional and helped the patient's visit go that much smoother.
Great place to work with outstanding benifits
Senior Construction Project Manager (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Goverment contractor
Easy place to work for. They offer continuing education and sponsor classes that are helpful to the job. Mid-management is good and works hard with the staff to make the job fun and enjoyable. Upper management is disconnected from the day to day activities. Hardest part of my job was getting layed off when the economy took a downwards turn. The most enjoyable paret wes the staff.
Good Place to Work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 1, 2015
Working as a teaching assistant at Johns Hopkins University is fun, you get the opportunity to communicate with student about their questions in classes. The professors are also very nice.
This is the best job that I've ever head!
Quality Assurance Specialist - Core Services (Current Employee), Nottingham, MDJune 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, good management, stress free environment.
Cons: pay
JHU is a wonderful environment that offers flexibility, learning and great management. If you're a student, this is a good place to be. No stress and they offer so much to the employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins University

Founded in 1876 with a $7 million bequest from its namesake, The Johns Hopkins University established its reputation from the – Read more

Johns Hopkins University Photos

Student Ambassadors preparing for an attendance and behavior celebration for the student body.