Johns Hopkins University

Johns Hopkins University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting project
Master Student (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 25, 2015
I worked as a research assistant at Applied Maths and Statistics Department at Johns Hopkins. The project I worked on was interesting and challenging. Through the project, I gain good knowledge of application of statistical tools in medicare area.
Teamwork, great management, patient concentration
Patient Access Specialist II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2015
Pros: overtime opportunity, free lunches for arriving to work during inclement weather.
Cons: losing overtime if you need to take a pto day.
I enjoyed my time with Johns Hopkins. The focus was concentration on taking care of patients needs. I have never had such a wonderful manager and team. This was an hourly based position. The opportunity for advancement in this type of position was minimal.
Patient care is priority.
Administrative Service Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work is being able to multi task and prioritize your workload. The hardest part of the job is to learn of a patients death. The most enjoyable part is to provide the necessary tools for our providers to improve patient treatment and care.
bigger isn't always better
Development and Alumni Relations (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2015
Some units are great to work in, others not so much. It really depends on the manager and team members around you. The environment is very corporate.
Very relaxed job. Got to meet alot of new people
Research Recruiter/Interviewer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: the study ended
I recruited participants into a study on heart disease. I had the opportunity to travel and meet many new and nice people. I worked several cardiologist and often enjoyed the perks from drug reps.
Financial business headset/structure.
Budget Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, great boss that works with you instead of against you and has your back.
Cons: it is hard to get promoted, no reconition for for going over and beyond.
Detailed job environment. You know what you have to do and you get it done in a timely matter. Keep focused and prioritize your work accordingly and independently. As long as you do your job there is no-one looking over your back. My manager is great. People will be people and you have to take the good with the bad. If you need help the staff is always willing to lend a hand if they can. The hardest part of the job is not receiving reconition for extra work and staying later that you should to finish what you are working on. The most enjoyable part is most of my co-workers are all wonderfull people and a joy to work with.
I enjoyed working at Johns Hopkins University
Administrative Assistant II/Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2015
Pros: i work 8am-4:30pm
Cons: i eat lunch at my desk.
I stay very busy from 8AM-4:30PM. I do a lot of problem solving and I have to joggle a lot of different things at once. See resume.
Caring
Appeals Analyst (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDMarch 6, 2015
Nurses and non clinical staff can work together in harmony. Managers can also be non medical and still work well with RN's.
Fun environment in temp setting
Event Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2015
I learned how to supervise collegiate aged workers and train them for specific purposes/jobs. I was also given autonomy to plan events and enact policies to my specifications.
Nice Doctors Unprofessional Staff
Medical Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Lutherville, MDMarch 1, 2015
Pros: nice location
Cons: unprofesstional staff
Doctors were nice very easy to work with. Management Staff very unprofessional . They make it impossible for you to transfer or relocate to different position. John Hopkins University does a poor job of controlling half skilled supervisors on how to conduct interviews. A lot of unprofessional employees at Infectious Disease Office in Greenspring Station. They change Medical Assistants daily. Tells you something is not done right. Overall Doctors are great. The Study Group there is awesome Team of People. T
Great learning
Research Technologist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2015
Entry level position in a lab. Learned great biology lab fundamentals and was able to transition skills learned to later employment. Easy access to state of the art technology and equipment.
Benefits are great.
Senior Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: location
JHU is a great place to work. They offer plenty of opportunity for advancement and growth. You have the freedom to participate in numerous educational programs, both on-line and in a classroom setting. They provide you with multiple benefits, life enhancement resources, and a diverse work environment.
Challenging and a lot opportunities
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 18, 2015
Challenging and a lot opportunities:

Some very good working experience and collaborations.

Learned a lot. You need working hard!
family considerate
Billing/finance coordinator (Current Employee), Lutherville, MDFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: compensation
 Responsible for both internal/external agency billing Johns Hopkins Health System and Johns Hopkins University Department and affiliates.
 Prepare billing reports each week including reports for the various departments.
 Audit payroll prior to submission
 Responsible for all accounts receivable and accounts payable.
 Prepare spreadsheet of all invoices for finance.
 Verify/confirm with supervisors/managers any timesheets not scheduled through the Intrastaff staffing coordinators.
 Process month end financial reports.
 Process Payroll through ADP as needed.
Productive and professional evironment.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Johns Hopkins Homewood Campus Charles StFebruary 16, 2015
A typical professional friendly work place. We efficiently communicate to each other to make for an easier work day. We trust each other to do our own part to make the team a spectacular force. And we provide assistance to the our teammates when necessary.
JHU/APL was the most interesting and enjoyable job I've ever had.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: got to do things many people never dream of.
Cons: none come to mind except the fact they had to down size during difficult times.
The Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory was an excellent company to work for. I learned a lot of new skills and enjoyed working as a team to prepare for new programs such as the space launches in Cape Canaveral, FL. I was always treated well and felt totally respected at all times. The managers genuinely cared about you as a person whether it was work related or personal. They always had an open door policy and you felt comfortable going to their office and talking to them. The co-workers were always friendly and ready to jump in and help if need be.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to go to Florida to set up office and watch our spacecraft everyone worked so hard on launched into space. The job was very rewarding.
My favorite university
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: nice people, and good public transportion
Cons: bad neighorhood
Everything about medical, biology and healthcare here is amazing! The professors and classmates are so nice and helpful. I had learned a lot of fundamentals about materials when I was undergraduate, but now I focus more on polymers and biomaterials. I design and synthesis polymers to fulfill my PI's requirement. I'm trying my best to learn more about biomedic, but at the same time I am learning 3D printing myself. So multitasking and time-management are challenge here I need to overcome. I'm really into the moment when I came into an idea which fulfill all my PI's requirements though the easiest and most convenient solutions.
Graduate Studies
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: phd program for engineers is excellent
Cons: city life isn't my thing, so location was not ideal
Had a great time at Hopkins while earning my Ph.D. Stipend was good, research labs were good and they have improved those immensely since I left almost 15 years ago.
Exciting environment, never a dull moment, outstanding colleagues!
Special Assistant to the Vice President (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: n/a
Provided direct, highly visible administrative support. Collaborated with staff to ensure Johns Hopkins’ senior leadership members were prepared for engagements. Triaged incoming inquires. Laid the foundation for special events and secured logistics.
Caring for the patients and staff
MEDICAL RECORDS RESEARCHER (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: willing to hear new ideas
Cons: tough on following regulations
Provided case management on Mobile Treatment Team (PACT in Maryland) to individuals in community, for chronic mental illness, substance abuse and legal issues. Supported rep-payee services, vocational rehabilitation, medication maintenance and crisis intervention. Assisted with medical services and independent living skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins University

Founded in 1876 with a $7 million bequest from its namesake, The Johns Hopkins University established its reputation from the – Read more

Johns Hopkins University Photos