Johns Hopkins University Employee Reviews

Plenty of work to be done and cleaned up
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2016
When all system are communicating with each other work can get done in a productive manner. On any day we are continully corrected errors from our front end to maximize revenue. The learning process is long but doable. Co-workers are good people. The hardest part of my job is the travel time to and from work. The most enjoyable part is when allsystems work and the revinue of a long standing account gets properly processed for payment.
Pros
FREE APPLICATION CLASSESS OFFERED
Cons
THE WAY WORK IS TO BE DONE PER DEPARTMENT
I work in a very busy GI specialty office
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2016
my job involves coordination of care for high volume of patients. We use EPIC as the patient database. Co-workers are Great. I now have an in depth knowledge of Gastroenterology and mostly work electronically and/or over the phone. nice supervisor. Watch out for the office politics!
Pros
free coffee, my own office
Cons
office politics can easily ruin the day
productive and collaboratuve learning enviroinment
Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  baltimoreApril 7, 2016
Great benefit and management. Opportunity for collaboration, learn research, grow a great career while larning from the best
Pros
opppiortunity to learn and collaborate
Cons
none as of now
productive and fun work environment
Lead Testing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
Testing was made easy with great training staff. Once we got out on the school site for testing, the school principal and participating teacher was very accommodating to our needs. When we had questions for administering the test, our supervisor was always accessible by email or phone. Our pay was always received on time. Each year we worked on ways to make the program easier.
Pros
pay, communication, training, work environment
Cons
group members work pace
See other Johns Hopkins University Review.
Instructional Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2016
See other Johns Hopkins University Review. It will fully explain my point of view as far as working at Johns Hopkins University. Again, Overall it was excellent, the best job I have ever had, and awesome people to work with for 15 years.
good as a stepping stone
Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 20, 2016
good as a stepping stone or if you want to "coast". Limited growth opportunities for staff. Lack of leadership or direction.
Stressful but interesting work
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2016
JHU is an exciting place to work, filled with smart and engaging people.

It is also high stress. People work very hard and everyone is expected to.
Pros
Engaging and stimulating work
Cons
high stress
Great Place to work
Administrative Coordinator - Neuropathology (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2016
Each day is a new day for learning. They care about their employees and their well being. I have an excellent boss that is very flexible but is getting ready to retire. I am being proactive in my job search.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Parking
It's an amazing school
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2016
the school equips people with business skills and business mind with humanity. It pairs courses with project, like Innovation with humanity, discovery to market courses.
Excellent challenging employer
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2016
Great employer on cutting edge of health care
High expectations and high satisfaction
love patients
management is fair
co-workers are MDs
Great organization to work for
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 9, 2016
I was a summer intern for three years in a row working in their IT department. Everyone in the department is friendly, supportive, and highly intelligent. I enjoyed my time as an intern for Johns Hopkins' IT department and learned more through hands-on experience than any lesson taught in a classroom.
Learned a great deal of things while working here at Johns Hopkins
Record Assistance Clerk/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 9, 2016
Working here at Hopkins gave me the opportunity to learn new and exciting things. I am always a type of person to excel in what I am doing and Johns Hopkins University allow me to excel. Management team in my department is great. I work alone without management because they trust me so well, where as I do not need management constantly looking at my work. I rec'd all kinds of gifts and letters from other personal for my helping them with a situation.
Pros
Great healthcare, great benefits
Cons
My cons about working here is my pay salary
Good benifits, stability,great healthcare reputation
Healthcare Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 9, 2016
Johns Hopkins University is a stable environment to receive employment. Training and the demand for day to day expectations of daily task, will prepare you to work in, and handle any future employment elsewhere.
Pros
Good benifits, stability, great healthcare reputation
Cons
organization looks at employees like a number, not a valued person
Very Interesting place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2016
I loved working at Johns Hopkins until I recieved a new supervisor who didnt want to work with me. It is really hard when you show up to work everyday and you have a supervisor who is not willing to work with you.
Pros
Flexable and great co workers
Cons
Too political
Excellent place to work
Senior Research Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Defiance, AZMarch 2, 2016
Johns Hopkins is and excellent place to work. The benefits are outstanding and the Center that I work for is top notch. I would recommend JHU to anyone who is interested.
very busy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 26, 2016
fair team work, always busy, reliable staffing fulfillment, great learning environment, great job for GNA if you love geriatric work
educational life experience
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDFebruary 26, 2016
I have loved working for JHU since 2003. At my location, our building is involved in the community. We have fund raisers and adopt families during the holidays
Pros
close to home
Friendly workplace