Johns Hopkins University

Johns Hopkins University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced but not overwhelming
BENEFITS ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2014
SOM is a wonderful place to work, the pace is just fast enough but not overwhelming.
It's great to work with intelligent people
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR TO THE ED (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 21, 2014
I started as a temporary employee and worked my way to the Dean's level, delivering exciting projects
No Comment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2014
Great Place to work. Wonderful benefits. Fast to slow paced environments.Beautiful campus.
Productive and place where there is growth in career
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Kampala, ugandaAugust 14, 2014
It was a great experience with a good team that works together with good benefits, good salary locally
They take good care of patients but not that great of staff
office manager (Current Employee), BaltimoreAugust 11, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: not enough resources for disabled employees.
Not enough opportunities for growth at administrative or management positions but Job security in clinical positions. Pay is ok.some managers promote growth others hinder it.
Job Sercurity
Program Administrator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2014
This company is a great company to start your career and to retire from when that time comes. The pay is not always competitive.
Postdoctoral fellow position hunting
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 20, 2014
I am working in a very good work environment, co-workers are friendly and management is always there to help. I have learned a lot about the technique skills such as Primary neurons culture, Astrocyte- neuron co-culture, Sub-clone, et al. The enjoyable thing for me is get the notification from the journal editor that they tell me they accept my paper.
Appreciate the training at Johns Hopkins University
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2014
Nice faculty, nice research environment.
Learned a lot on everything.

A typical day is working in the lab from 9 to 5.
Data analysis, study coordination
Senior Research Project Coordinator II (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 18, 2014
Pros: performed analyses and worked on papers.
Cons: not my field of interest
Worked as a study coordinator for exercise program for mentally ill. Performed analysis using SAS and Stata. Also worked on a study on examining adverse events in health care facilities in the mentally ill.
Fun place to work but the efficient is a bit low
Graduate student researcher (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2014
This university is very good. It has outstanding undergraduate students and very competent professors.
The working efficient is, however, not very high most of the time, especially when it comes to infrastructure or experiment-related services.
Sr. Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee), BaltimoreJuly 10, 2014
Great job. I enjoyed assisting patients. Awesome place to work.
Excellent University
Specialty Care Coordinator II (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJuly 6, 2014
Excellent University with a high academic standard. I did not work at the University site, I worked in behavioral health at Johns Hopkins HealthCare site.
Low pay because it is "prestigious"
Research Technologist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 29, 2014
fine place to work, low pay, good benefits, lots of type A personalities
work with people of diverse backgrounds
researcher (Former Employee), baltimore, mdJune 20, 2014
I enjoyed working with the people at johns hopkins. Everyone is intelligent, knowledgable, and contributes from different perspectives and different backgrounds.
Work place good
CUSTODIAL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Baltimore MdJune 16, 2014
Great place to work and retire from with Great benefits. Hopkins allows you to move around too different departments if thats what you would like to do
JHU was a great place to work
Faculty, Research Associate, Lab Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2014
JHU was a wonderful environment at which to work. I transitioned from a doctoral student in the Bloomburg School of Public Health, to a Post-Doctoral Fellow in the School of Medicine, followed by a Research Associate position in the Department of Biophysics. The environment was very supportive.
Secure Work Place
Multimedia Producer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2014
Johns Hopkins is a great work place. Benefits are great and it is a secure job with lots of room for growth.
Well know prominent institution
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Division of Quality and Safety (Pediatrics)June 10, 2014
Pros: fairly close to home
Cons: parking issues
I have a very busy workload comprizing of scheduling and attending meetings along with regular office management. I have learned that even though I depend on others to reply to me in order to complete my end, that I need to be agreesive and my first priority is to complete my tasks. I don't directly have co-workers but I interact with many people within – more... my organization and also with a variety of organizations throughout the United States. The hardest part of my job is waiting for others to reply to me. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I work independently using my own judgement to decide how a task is to be completed. – less
hopkins
Clinical Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee), baltimore, mdJune 4, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Hopkins. Good culture and good workers. Management is sound and I felt valued. My work life never interfered with my home life.
Enjoyable, and satisfying
Nurse Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MdJune 4, 2014
A typical day is spent mostly with the students on a hospital unit. I learned more about myself, teaching skills, time management skills, evaluation techniques as well as superviory skills. ALthough there is very little contact with co workers everyone has been very nice approachable and very willing to assist. The first day of class is the most anxiety – more... provoking day because of having to meet a group of new adults. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins University

Founded in 1876 with a $7 million bequest from its namesake, The Johns Hopkins University established its reputation from the – Read more

Johns Hopkins University Photos