Recycling Yard Supervisor Non-Ferrous
Reporting to the General Manager, the Yard Supervisor will be responsible for the overall operation of our yard, to meet production targets while ensuring proper policies and procedures are followed within a safe working environment.
- Production scheduling and management of incoming/outgoing workload
- Overall management of production personnel
- Ensure production processes promote efficiency, are cost effective, and utilize equipment to its maximum capacity in the safest manner.
- Process improvements relating to production output and employee workflow and liaison with Quality Manager relating to incoming/outgoing product.
- Liaise with General Manager with regards to yard and equipment
- Conduct regular production meetings with department production personnel
- Conduct annual employee reviews, staffing requirements, staff training needs, employee-related issues as well as disciplinary actions
- Participation with General Manager with regard to forward planning and strategic corporate growth, including production capabilities, equipment & personnel needs, and product processes.
- Has a minimum of 5 years of experience in production supervision/management in a production facility
- Experience with forklift and bobcat operations.
- Knowledge of loading and unloading containers and/or trailers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identifies and addresses problems, meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong functional capabilities in English (speaking and writing).
- Highly motivated individual who can also motivate members of their team
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Educational requirement: a university degree or demonstrated equivalent
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard