John Hancock

John Hancock Employee Reviews

I like working for John Hancock Insurance company.
insurance clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2016
I like working for John Hancock Insurance I meet a lot of different
cultures and the job was interesting how I check the life insurance
application.
nice place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHDecember 28, 2015
good people, good locations. nice work, not very exciting but constant work to be done. left the job for a chance to travel europe and see the world.
Great company to work for.
Senior Developer / Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2015
At my time at John Hancock I had the opportunity to work with excellent and knowledgeable co-workers and management. I enjoyed the Flexible work arrangements.
Pros
Work from Home program
Cons
E&E cost saving programs
nice place to work
Director of Network Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2015
good place to work, excellent technical and management growth available if you work hard, excellent benefits and lots of growth potential, long hours but worth the hard work
Very good company to have a career not just a job.
Senior Fixed Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 17, 2015
Great place to build and grow. Can be fast paced and challenging dealing with financial markets. Workplace flexibility was wonderful to experience (ie. working from home) Lots of room for development and growth under strong managers. Close net departments that felt like family not just co-workers. Processing high dollar amount transactions require attention to detail and leave very little room for errors so you must stay focused. The politics and departmental cliques were sometimes intimidating. But can be overcome with confidence and experience.
Pros
Working from home, and bonus pay incentives
Cons
High levels of stress as in all financial industry companies.
Great Company to work for. If you are a young individual who has a lot of ambition.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company right up until the end but there was a big change when they were taken over by the new Company. My colleagues stayed the same for a while and then even they changed. Some things were for the better, and others were not but that is what happens when Large Companies change and go global.
Pros
Benefit program excellent
Cons
Constantly changing organization.
Very productive & supportive company to work for
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2015
I've worked my way up the ladder within this company and would definitely recommend anyone interested in working for a company such as John Hancock. Over the years a lot of opportunities and doors has opened up so there is always room for growth. I've met some great people working here and even though we are a corporate type of company, it's still an enjoyable atmosphere to be in.
Employee Friendly
Safe Access Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2015
The benefits are excellent and work environment encourages collaboration among employees and celebration of holidays
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
lack of support from supervisors
Great job
R.N. Case Manager, Claims (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 31, 2015
I would organize my day regarding contacting new cases, time zones, urgency of situation, call backs, etc. I enjoyed my team and telephonic contact with the claimants' and/or families, home care agencies, and other care providers. We worked in an office with cubicles making it very easy to communicate with our team. I had several different managers during this time - some more effective than others. The hardest part of my job was to tell a claimant their benefit was exhausted or they were no longer eligible for benefits under the terms of their policy when they felt they still needed housekeeping assistance. The most enjoyable was assisting a claimant reach their highest level of independence, usually pre-claim status, and no longer requiring benefits from their Long Term Care policy.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Job security
Growing company flexible schedule
Financial Analysis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 29, 2015
If you like to stay busy this might not be the job for you, depending on the position. Everyone is super nice and friendly and always willing to help. There is plenty of room for internal growth.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
can be a slow pace job
Document Image Processor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2015
Fast Pace Work environment. Great benefits. My manager is great to work with. Very down to earth and is willing to help answer any questions or concerns I may have. One of the hardest parts of the job is the lack of growing opportunities with the company itself. While working for this company I have learned how to multitask and my organizational skills have increased. Typically, We have a day that consists of spurts where it is very busy and also times where there is down time.
Pros
Building relationships, benefits and flexibitiy.
Cons
Location, Transportation and Growth within the company
Great Co-Workers
Consolidation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2015
Working with great people but the politics can be a drag. All about the numbers. Very goal-oriented, to the point where it is overwhelming.
Pros
co-workers, experience
Cons
management
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 15, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company, even though it was an independent branch of Signature Resources, we had a good flow of clients. I also got laid off from this job due to cut backs. They could no longer afford to keep me on the payroll. But if they ever offered me my job back I would have gladly accepted.
Great people and culture
Sr. PM, Web Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2015
Great people and culture, Innovative technology and great atmosphere. Fast paces but still leaves opportunity for a good work life balance.
Pros
Innovative technology
Cons
Oppurtuity to work with amazing teams in all areas I was apart of
Manger of Client Support (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 13, 2015
Working for this company has had it's ups and down through out the years. I've worked with amazing co-workers and the ability to participate in our WorkSmart program. Also some of the amazing employee benefits are great as well.
Nice Place
Prepping Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Boston MAJuly 20, 2015
it was and wonderful experience and I learned alot while working there for three years. Everyone was great and it was very busy everyday
Pros
Nice place to grow business wise
Cons
Employees
Did my internship here
Assistant, Finance & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 15, 2015
Learned a lot about financial services. Worked with advisors who were passionate about what they do. Awesome place to work really prepared me for the real world.
ok
Annuity Services Analyst / New Business (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2015
It was a great company to work for when it was just John Hancock. Once Manualife bought out John Hancock there were numerous changes and layoffs.
A great brand on the decline
Manager of Building Products and Timberland Team (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 4, 2015
High agency costs and culture driven by risk-averse managers, who sacrifice AUM, lower policy premia, shareholder dividends and the firm's reputation for personal job security. Upside down approach to credit and failure to tie compensation to exceeding industry perfomance benchmarks limits marketability of investment team and encourages turf battles.
Pros
Easy to exceed low performance expectations and peer results
Cons
Achievement is rewarded with contempt and discharge
Great place to be an intern
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2015
Thanks to this internship, I made some wonderful connections. Had to dress professional every day no matter what. Every day had different tasks. Very friendly people.