John Deere

John Deere Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Workplace.
Process Analyst (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAJuly 8, 2014
Great workplace and team environment. Not so great at giving contractors a fair shake.
Productive and nice place to work
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCJuly 7, 2014
It has great work hours and if u like overtime, that too. The people there are nice. The job is not to hard, jus got to get use to it. It's fast paced. I just hate is seasonal .
production line, machine Maintenance
a) Manpower handling - Team leader (Former Employee), Pune, MHJuly 6, 2014
team work, manpowerhandling,cost reduction & cointinuous improvement, 5 s technics, TQM,TPM.
Would suggest not taking a contingent position.
Prefer to not say (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: minimal micromanagement, flexible with time off
Cons: careers within john deere, unethical practices
CONS: (These heavily outweigh the pros, so I will start here)

As a contingent worker, the opportunity seems like a great avenue to take. Although you get your "foot in the door," it is more than likely the case you will NOT walk out the door with a permanent job as a Deere employee. With the continual hiring of contingent employees to save the company – more... money, you are in a battle with a multitude of other employees for one job posting. The actual Deere job postings are very, very limited. Even if you have great work reviews.

As a contingent who had Deere interviews, the jobs I interviewed for were given to someone not performing the role currently but who looked good on paper. John Deere is incredibly "pedigree" oriented.

The treatment I received from another Deere employee created a nightmare of going to work the first 1-1.5 years I was here. This woman (although I prefer another choice word) was reprimanded with a slap on the wrist (as she had been for doing the same thing in the past to others - or she is constantly running to management about others she was "having problems with" - these persons were contingents, never Deere employees), but always has kept her job. As a company that prides itself on their ethical behavior, this behavior was quite the opposite. It was borderline harassment.

Overall, there is an abundance of contingent workers, doing exceptional work, who will not be hired on. The company boasts they make "billion dollar profits," and that is exactly how. Hiring contingent workers for a cheaper pay rate, no benefits (no paid holidays, sick leave, zero).

PROS:

Minimal micromanagement, you can take time off easily, and my manager (and most managers) are great to work with. If you are seeking professional growth, it can be obtained here. – less
safe place to work
Fitter / Welder (Current Employee), Thibodaux, LAJune 17, 2014
Cons: not good pay
this is a safe place to work but the pay is not enough. I did not learn anything, i brought my skills to them.Work day is stressful. The co workers are good to work with. Hardest part of the day is when there are no parts to make and im just standing around.
Great location
Painter (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAJune 16, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: layoffs
Benefits
great location
annual bonuses
overtime opportunities
onsight medical
SAP EWM Consultant
SAP EWM Consultant (Current Employee), GermanyJune 15, 2014
Good Company. Very good work culture and learning opportunities are more.Co workers are very friendly.
supervior
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cuddapah, APJune 9, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: time to time
call reporting, service camp details, sale details, incentives, all registers maintanance
Learn CAN
System Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 8, 2014
Learn CAN, Got chance to work in automobile company. Service based
Best for testing of vehicles
Testing Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 5, 2014
I learned so much in john deere pv lab.
Testing of tractors parts,
Vibration shaker testing,
Fatigue testing,
salt spray testing,
env chamber testing etc...
friendly place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 4, 2014
Pros: health ins paid vacations
Cons: management issues
nice, friendly co-workers supervisors very friendly ,top management a little off but over all a good place to work
Professional job with many developmental opportunities
Engineering - Part Time Student (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAJune 3, 2014
I am exposed to many different opportunities with this position that have helped develop my professional skills. I have learned many different skills in this from project management, time management, leading meetings, presentation skills, SAP and Microsoft Office experience, and working in a team environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was – more... to work with a diverse team of individuals and being exposed to many different opportunities to develop my skills. – less
warehouse enviroment, rigid structured workplace
Parts Specialist (Current Employee), McDonough, GAJune 1, 2014
Cons: work hours, no benefits, no chance for advancement
A good place to work if you are single and with no family. A very fast paced enviroment. there is no enjoyable part of this job. There's no time with your family when you are working 10 hr days and 8 hrs on the weekend, with only 1 day off. Hardest part is being on your feet all day and picking/ packing heavy parts.
Good Place to Work
Containment Coordinator (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAMay 26, 2014
Pros: flexibility, professional employees
Cons: difficult to gain advancement
I would recommend a Volt assignment through John Deere to anyone. However, I am a little disappointed that I have not had the opportunity to join the work staff full time due to recent changes in employment structuring.
John Deere is all about Quality and Integrity
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Pune, MHMay 25, 2014
Pros: work culture
Cons: top heavy organization
John Deere, India is a part of 175 old Deere group (US based MNC). It has a great work culture and is staffed mostly young professionals. Training and Development of employees is given lot of importance and management strives to ensure employees are developing and building their career.

An employee has to strike a balance between Indian and USA methods – more... and processes. – less
John Deere Culture
Staff Engineer-M.T.I.C. Paint (Current Employee), Moline, ILMay 21, 2014
Good company financially. Have cut the staff to the point where no work life balance can be achieved.
This was a temp job.
Helped Safety Manager introduce the BBS program (Former Employee), Valley City, NDMay 12, 2014
Good Company, I was just there for a short period of time. Helping their new Safety Manager get new programs going in the plant.
it is a good place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCMay 8, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: season work
assembly line put together mower decks.I learn how to put on the blades,decal,working with thhe team
Production
Laborer (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAApril 28, 2014
Day to Day operation is typically the same but if there is a new tractor to be built which comes every fours years things get a little hectic. As an employee at John Deere your value as a person is not a priority or of value. You are treated as though you are not allowed to interact with your co-workers and management does not allow you to. The hardest – more... part of this job is the management and the inconsistent hours of operation. I do enjoy the people that I work along side and the benefits that the company offers. – less
Good safe workplace
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Grand Island NEApril 25, 2014
Pros: extended breaks
Cons: not enough hours
Very well rounded company. Very good to work for except no chance of overtime available. very understanding management

About John Deere

At John Deere, our more than 60,000 employees are committed to those linked to the land. We are a global company in size, but – Read more