John Deere

John Deere Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
SAP EWM Consultant
SAP EWM Consultant (Current Employee), GermanyJune 15, 2014
Good Company. Very good work culture and learning opportunities are more.Co workers are very friendly.
supervior
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cuddapah, APJune 9, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: time to time
call reporting, service camp details, sale details, incentives, all registers maintanance
Learn CAN
System Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 8, 2014
Learn CAN, Got chance to work in automobile company. Service based
Best for testing of vehicles
Testing Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 5, 2014
I learned so much in john deere pv lab.
Testing of tractors parts,
Vibration shaker testing,
Fatigue testing,
salt spray testing,
env chamber testing etc...
friendly place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 4, 2014
Pros: health ins paid vacations
Cons: management issues
nice, friendly co-workers supervisors very friendly ,top management a little off but over all a good place to work
Professional job with many developmental opportunities
Engineering - Part Time Student (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAJune 3, 2014
I am exposed to many different opportunities with this position that have helped develop my professional skills. I have learned many different skills in this from project management, time management, leading meetings, presentation skills, SAP and Microsoft Office experience, and working in a team environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was – more... to work with a diverse team of individuals and being exposed to many different opportunities to develop my skills. – less
warehouse enviroment, rigid structured workplace
Parts Specialist (Current Employee), McDonough, GAJune 1, 2014
Cons: work hours, no benefits, no chance for advancement
A good place to work if you are single and with no family. A very fast paced enviroment. there is no enjoyable part of this job. There's no time with your family when you are working 10 hr days and 8 hrs on the weekend, with only 1 day off. Hardest part is being on your feet all day and picking/ packing heavy parts.
Good Place to Work
Containment Coordinator (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAMay 26, 2014
Pros: flexibility, professional employees
Cons: difficult to gain advancement
I would recommend a Volt assignment through John Deere to anyone. However, I am a little disappointed that I have not had the opportunity to join the work staff full time due to recent changes in employment structuring.
John Deere is all about Quality and Integrity
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Pune, MHMay 25, 2014
Pros: work culture
Cons: top heavy organization
John Deere, India is a part of 175 old Deere group (US based MNC). It has a great work culture and is staffed mostly young professionals. Training and Development of employees is given lot of importance and management strives to ensure employees are developing and building their career.

An employee has to strike a balance between Indian and USA methods – more... and processes. – less
John Deere Culture
Staff Engineer-M.T.I.C. Paint (Current Employee), Moline, ILMay 21, 2014
Good company financially. Have cut the staff to the point where no work life balance can be achieved.
This was a temp job.
Helped Safety Manager introduce the BBS program (Former Employee), Valley City, NDMay 12, 2014
Good Company, I was just there for a short period of time. Helping their new Safety Manager get new programs going in the plant.
it is a good place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCMay 8, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: season work
assembly line put together mower decks.I learn how to put on the blades,decal,working with thhe team
Production
Laborer (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAApril 28, 2014
Day to Day operation is typically the same but if there is a new tractor to be built which comes every fours years things get a little hectic. As an employee at John Deere your value as a person is not a priority or of value. You are treated as though you are not allowed to interact with your co-workers and management does not allow you to. The hardest – more... part of this job is the management and the inconsistent hours of operation. I do enjoy the people that I work along side and the benefits that the company offers. – less
Good safe workplace
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Grand Island NEApril 25, 2014
Pros: extended breaks
Cons: not enough hours
Very well rounded company. Very good to work for except no chance of overtime available. very understanding management
material planner
Supply Management Planner (Current Employee), Ankeny, IAApril 23, 2014
Great learning expierence, Great hours and family concerned.
Great learning experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Tuskegee, ALApril 18, 2014
Pros: learned new skills and made new connections in the engineering world
Cons: time consuming
This was a group project in which three students including myself were selected to work a project to create a heating and cooling chamber to test John Deere thermostats. The hardest part of the project was doing all of the research in order to create the specs needed to create the chamber. The most enjoyable part of the project was seeing everything – more... come together and presenting the project to some John Deere representatives that aided us throughout the entire process. – less
Excellent environment to work.
John Deere Field Staff, and John Deere Internal (Current Employee), Moline, ILApril 16, 2014
Excellent environment to work. Worked as Sr.Data Analyst.
A great learning experience
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAApril 14, 2014
Pros: they had great benefits, there were very friendly people there, and it made me feel like i was a part of a family. to work with.
Cons: a very unpredictable schedule.
It was an awesome place to work. They taught me a lot about team work and help me form a strong work ethic. I enjoyed the people and learning the process it took to make a very high quality tractor.
unfair probation period, good company pay and benefits
Production Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAApril 10, 2014
Pros: pay rate and full benefits
Cons: 7 month probationary period, with no benefits
Typically work long hours, and do the same job day in day out. Learned how to operate forklifts and clean & process castings for shipments. Management is unfair and prejudice but overall the ppl that work for the company or good ppl with positive attitudes.
Great benefits and people
Assembly/Fork Truck/Light Repair (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAApril 10, 2014
Assisted mentally handicapped children and adults learn how to do everyday things in life. Taught how to care for themselves and how to interact in public. Also, dealt with several different types of behavioral issues.

About John Deere

Since its founding in 1837, John Deere has seen a great many changes in its business, its products, its services. Change always – Read more