John Deere

John Deere Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to grow with
Asst. Regional Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 17, 2014
initially very manual process. Eventually they went to an ERP system which eliminated a great deal of manual processes.

Enjoyed the experience!
Good work culture and plenty of opportunity
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: strong core values, training available, flex hours, good work culture
Cons: location not near any metro area, below average road infrastructure in surrounding area, open seating at headquarters below average, high taxes in davenport & bettendorf
Overall review is slightly above average compared to other Fortune 500 companies. Surrounding area lacks good road infrastructure, services, and healthcare. Taxes higher than most metro areas.
Great employees, amazing work/life balance, overall fantastic company
HR Coordinator - Campus Recruiting (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 15, 2014
Flexible schedule, easy going atmosphere, friendly co-workers.
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for.
bad job placement
CNC Machinist (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAJuly 11, 2014
horrible job placement if you going for machining you most likely end up as a assembler or trucker
Great model company. The best company I have worked in.
Strategic Supply Management Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 10, 2014
John Deere is the second oldest company in America and you do not stay in business that long by doing things wrong. It is difficult to get into John Deere, but once you are in, you are part of a proud family with a great culture and respect for each other. Deere invests in their family and trains them, educates them, helps them, empowers them and gives – more... them the tools they need so that everyone is succesful and the whole family benefits. I have made so many true friends at Deere. I was very fortunate to have the privilege of working with so many devoted professionals. – less
Great Workplace.
Process Analyst (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAJuly 8, 2014
Great workplace and team environment. Not so great at giving contractors a fair shake.
Productive and nice place to work
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCJuly 7, 2014
It has great work hours and if u like overtime, that too. The people there are nice. The job is not to hard, jus got to get use to it. It's fast paced. I just hate is seasonal .
production line, machine Maintenance
a) Manpower handling - Team leader (Former Employee), Pune, MHJuly 6, 2014
team work, manpowerhandling,cost reduction & cointinuous improvement, 5 s technics, TQM,TPM.
Would suggest not taking a contingent position.
Prefer to not say (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: minimal micromanagement, flexible with time off
Cons: careers within john deere, unethical practices
CONS: (These heavily outweigh the pros, so I will start here)

As a contingent worker, the opportunity seems like a great avenue to take. Although you get your "foot in the door," it is more than likely the case you will NOT walk out the door with a permanent job as a Deere employee. With the continual hiring of contingent employees to save the company – more... money, you are in a battle with a multitude of other employees for one job posting. The actual Deere job postings are very, very limited. Even if you have great work reviews.

As a contingent who had Deere interviews, the jobs I interviewed for were given to someone not performing the role currently but who looked good on paper. John Deere is incredibly "pedigree" oriented.

The treatment I received from another Deere employee created a nightmare of going to work the first 1-1.5 years I was here. This woman (although I prefer another choice word) was reprimanded with a slap on the wrist (as she had been for doing the same thing in the past to others - or she is constantly running to management about others she was "having problems with" - these persons were contingents, never Deere employees), but always has kept her job. As a company that prides itself on their ethical behavior, this behavior was quite the opposite. It was borderline harassment.

Overall, there is an abundance of contingent workers, doing exceptional work, who will not be hired on. The company boasts they make "billion dollar profits," and that is exactly how. Hiring contingent workers for a cheaper pay rate, no benefits (no paid holidays, sick leave, zero).

PROS:

Minimal micromanagement, you can take time off easily, and my manager (and most managers) are great to work with. If you are seeking professional growth, it can be obtained here. – less
safe place to work
Fitter / Welder (Current Employee), Thibodaux, LAJune 17, 2014
Cons: not good pay
this is a safe place to work but the pay is not enough. I did not learn anything, i brought my skills to them.Work day is stressful. The co workers are good to work with. Hardest part of the day is when there are no parts to make and im just standing around.
Great location
Painter (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAJune 16, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: layoffs
Benefits
great location
annual bonuses
overtime opportunities
onsight medical
SAP EWM Consultant
SAP EWM Consultant (Current Employee), GermanyJune 15, 2014
Good Company. Very good work culture and learning opportunities are more.Co workers are very friendly.
supervior
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cuddapah, APJune 9, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: time to time
call reporting, service camp details, sale details, incentives, all registers maintanance
Learn CAN
System Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 8, 2014
Learn CAN, Got chance to work in automobile company. Service based
Best for testing of vehicles
Testing Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 5, 2014
I learned so much in john deere pv lab.
Testing of tractors parts,
Vibration shaker testing,
Fatigue testing,
salt spray testing,
env chamber testing etc...
friendly place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 4, 2014
Pros: health ins paid vacations
Cons: management issues
nice, friendly co-workers supervisors very friendly ,top management a little off but over all a good place to work
Professional job with many developmental opportunities
Engineering - Part Time Student (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAJune 3, 2014
I am exposed to many different opportunities with this position that have helped develop my professional skills. I have learned many different skills in this from project management, time management, leading meetings, presentation skills, SAP and Microsoft Office experience, and working in a team environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was – more... to work with a diverse team of individuals and being exposed to many different opportunities to develop my skills. – less
warehouse enviroment, rigid structured workplace
Parts Specialist (Current Employee), McDonough, GAJune 1, 2014
Cons: work hours, no benefits, no chance for advancement
A good place to work if you are single and with no family. A very fast paced enviroment. there is no enjoyable part of this job. There's no time with your family when you are working 10 hr days and 8 hrs on the weekend, with only 1 day off. Hardest part is being on your feet all day and picking/ packing heavy parts.
Good Place to Work
Containment Coordinator (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAMay 26, 2014
Pros: flexibility, professional employees
Cons: difficult to gain advancement
I would recommend a Volt assignment through John Deere to anyone. However, I am a little disappointed that I have not had the opportunity to join the work staff full time due to recent changes in employment structuring.
John Deere is all about Quality and Integrity
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Pune, MHMay 25, 2014
Pros: work culture
Cons: top heavy organization
John Deere, India is a part of 175 old Deere group (US based MNC). It has a great work culture and is staffed mostly young professionals. Training and Development of employees is given lot of importance and management strives to ensure employees are developing and building their career.

An employee has to strike a balance between Indian and USA methods – more... and processes. – less

About John Deere

At John Deere, our more than 60,000 employees are committed to those linked to the land. We are a global company in size, but – Read more