John Deere

John Deere Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and rewarding
Mechanic (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJuly 13, 2014
Gain extensive experience fixing rear end axle differentials
Physically demanding
Good guy to work with
Skidder Operator (Current Employee), AlbertaApril 15, 2014
Pros: long hours, good pay
Cons: very slow days as you sit in a truck for hours
Plow snow off lease , learnt how to operator a skidder and various other things , co workers were good , hardest part of the job is sitting in the truck sometimes for hours or days on end .
A great place where you can learn
Premium & 6720 Tractors Operator (Former Employee), Lévis, QCJanuary 13, 2014
Good place for an entry level but the doesn't worth it. The bosses are amazing tho.
• Around 7 years of IT experience with exceptional skills in Analysis, Object Oriented Design, Development and Implementation of Web Applications and
NET Developer (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONAugust 7, 2013
• Involved in User Requirement analysis and Review of Business Requirements from Functional Architects and development of the project using the Scrum methodology.
• Involved in designing the application using the N-Tier SOA Architecture.
• Delivered complex WCF & Web Service solutions for the existing SOA (service oriented Architecture).
• Responsible – more... for developing WCF Services to retrieve and send information from client side without Post Back and consuming the existing Services.
• Responsible for designing web pages using HTML, ASP .NET, C#, CSS, AJAX and Java Script.
• Worked with Script Manager and Update Panel in AJAX Server Control to develop the GUI and involved in implementing AJAX controls to reduce the server trip while modifying Grid View data.
• Worked with data grid controls.
• Used ADO .NET for database connectivity and populated back-end data using SQL Server 2008.
• Actively involved in coding and designing ASP.NET Master Pages, Themes, and Skins.
• Developed modules by applying Object Oriented Programming techniques using Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Inheritance.
• Involved in GUI design using Login Controls, Microsoft Menu Control and client side validation is done by Ajax validation extenders.
• Used LINQ to retrieve information from the XML data files and various data sources.
• Extensively worked on SQL stored procedures, functions and Triggers to Create and modify existing tables and stored procedures in ADO.Net and tested them on testing and production servers.
• Involved in Unit Testing for the complete system.
• Implemented code version maintenance/tracking using Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2008. – less
General Labourer (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONFebruary 22, 2013
the job was always done in a timely fashion. safe place to work.
typical warehouse job
Shipping/ Receiver: (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONOctober 17, 2012
Cons: long hours
normal day
managment was good - never had issues
coworkers were nice
long hours on your feet
physical
200 years old
Welder (Former Employee), Welland, ONSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: products are the finest in the world
Cons: closed the plant
very fast paced company ,felt like family and enjoyed the work and working with talented people.
Fast paced work environment
Summer Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMay 23, 2012
Pros: company truck, cell phone and gas card
Cons: very long hours
Everyday was different, it was a continuous process of learning new things about John Deere products and services. Management was great by offering us the flexibility and autonomy of doing what was best for the company. The co-workers made coming to work very enjoyable with everyone being in a good mood and happy to be working for John Deere. The hardest – more... part was learning because of the lack of training that was provided at John Deere, however the most enjoyable aspect of my work was the independence and confidence that they had in me to accomplish certain tasks with very minimal supervision. – less
awesome place to work
Sales and customer service (Former Employee), Port Crane, NYNovember 9, 2014
Great people, room for advancement and plenty of learning opportunities. Awesome place to work.
Good job security, challenging work, poor work/life balance
Engine Integration Product Engineer (Former Employee), Dubuque, IANovember 4, 2014
This job provides good job security and compensation, as well as, ample challenging work and opportunity for advancement. Unfortunately, because of these many opportunities, there is a negative impact to one's work/life balance.
Ok Place to Work
Senior Manager (Current Employee), cary, ncOctober 29, 2014
The company is a good company to work for if you like living in the Midwest. There are no growth opportunites outside of that. The company lacks diversity and lacks diverse thinking.
Productive and Continual Learning
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Pune, MHOctober 28, 2014
I love John Deere. I love working there. I love the people I work with. They pay me great, give me the time off I need and support my professional education. I don't plan on leaving for awhile.

Very Fun
Self-Employed Contractor (Former Employee), Loris, SCOctober 27, 2014
i Really enjoyed it.It was very nice but i wish it would have lasted longer.
A great company with a stable history
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: pay, bonus, co-workers, management
Cons: unequal distribution of labor, lack of upward mobility

However, if you're not one of the "club" - you'll stay in your job and never move up. Want to move around in the company? Good luck - the "club" is at other – more... locations, too.

Overall - a great place to work that values integrity and hard work and takes care of its employees. – less
Productive fast paced work environment
Operator (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 24, 2014
Built tractors under strict timelines. Communicating with fellow workers is a must to prevent people from getting hurt. The people you worked with makes the day go by very fast.
Good pay/ no job security
Assembler I (Current Employee), Ankeny, IAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: laid off constantly
John Deere is a great company unfortunately after 4 years of working there I have been laid off consistently every year.
Fun
MATERIAL COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Moline, ILOctober 21, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: can't think of anything
I am very fortunate to work for John Deere because I have learned a lot and have lots of opportunities for advancement.
Awesome Job !
Truck Driver and Yardman (Former Employee), Punta Gorda, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: the customer's an how thing worked .
Cons: company closed
I Enjoyed working for them I learned a lot for them . most of all what the customer's what they like an how they wanted thing's done..
Professional
Order Fulfillment Coordinator (Former Employee), Cary, NCOctober 11, 2014
Pros: pleasant environment
Cons: the employees were slightly unprofessional on my team
As a Contractor overall my experience was pleasant. The work environment was extremely nice and the teams were friendly.
Productive, Diverse and friendly company
Assembly (Quality, Machining Management) (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free healthcare, income, friendly environment, safe and overall good company
Cons: parking lot is conjested, the roof leaks sometimes
I have gained many skills at John Deere including the ability to read blue prints, machining, assembly, and overall general manufacturing overview. My typical day at work is coming in to a daily meeting then going out on the floor and assemble parts on the tractors. In the process of assembly couple factors always impact assembly including repair, missing – more... parts, logistics issues, new builds and etc.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with the logistics aspect of what the job entails because sometimes we wont get the parts on time which impacts our bonuses. The most enjoyable part of my day is coming in to work and working along side of my workers, supervisors and the rest of the production team to get the product out the door. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About John Deere

At John Deere, our more than 60,000 employees are committed to those linked to the land. We are a global company in size, but – Read more