John Deere

John Deere Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and rewarding
Mechanic (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJuly 13, 2014
Gain extensive experience fixing rear end axle differentials
Physically demanding
Good guy to work with
Skidder Operator (Current Employee), AlbertaApril 15, 2014
Pros: long hours, good pay
Cons: very slow days as you sit in a truck for hours
Plow snow off lease , learnt how to operator a skidder and various other things , co workers were good , hardest part of the job is sitting in the truck sometimes for hours or days on end .
Good work place with nice people
Distribution Staff (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 17, 2014
I really loved working in john deere,the work environment was very good and the employers were kind
• Around 7 years of IT experience with exceptional skills in Analysis, Object Oriented Design, Development and Implementation of Web Applications and
NET Developer (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONAugust 7, 2013
• Involved in User Requirement analysis and Review of Business Requirements from Functional Architects and development of the project using the Scrum methodology.
• Involved in designing the application using the N-Tier SOA Architecture.
• Delivered complex WCF & Web Service solutions for the existing SOA (service oriented Architecture).
• Responsible – more... for developing WCF Services to retrieve and send information from client side without Post Back and consuming the existing Services.
• Responsible for designing web pages using HTML, ASP .NET, C#, CSS, AJAX and Java Script.
• Worked with Script Manager and Update Panel in AJAX Server Control to develop the GUI and involved in implementing AJAX controls to reduce the server trip while modifying Grid View data.
• Worked with data grid controls.
• Used ADO .NET for database connectivity and populated back-end data using SQL Server 2008.
• Actively involved in coding and designing ASP.NET Master Pages, Themes, and Skins.
• Developed modules by applying Object Oriented Programming techniques using Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Inheritance.
• Involved in GUI design using Login Controls, Microsoft Menu Control and client side validation is done by Ajax validation extenders.
• Used LINQ to retrieve information from the XML data files and various data sources.
• Extensively worked on SQL stored procedures, functions and Triggers to Create and modify existing tables and stored procedures in ADO.Net and tested them on testing and production servers.
• Involved in Unit Testing for the complete system.
• Implemented code version maintenance/tracking using Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2008. – less
General Labourer (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONFebruary 22, 2013
the job was always done in a timely fashion. safe place to work.
typical warehouse job
Shipping/ Receiver: (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONOctober 17, 2012
Cons: long hours
normal day
managment was good - never had issues
coworkers were nice
long hours on your feet
physical
200 years old
Welder (Former Employee), Welland, ONSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: products are the finest in the world
Cons: closed the plant
very fast paced company ,felt like family and enjoyed the work and working with talented people.
Fast paced work environment
Summer Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMay 23, 2012
Pros: company truck, cell phone and gas card
Cons: very long hours
Everyday was different, it was a continuous process of learning new things about John Deere products and services. Management was great by offering us the flexibility and autonomy of doing what was best for the company. The co-workers made coming to work very enjoyable with everyone being in a good mood and happy to be working for John Deere. The hardest – more... part was learning because of the lack of training that was provided at John Deere, however the most enjoyable aspect of my work was the independence and confidence that they had in me to accomplish certain tasks with very minimal supervision. – less
Great Company to work for
Project Mgr/ Lead Engineering Tech (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2014
It was a very rewarding job. I really loved working on the robotic R Gators for the military.
productive and great work enviroment
Production Worker (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAAugust 28, 2014
i learned how to set cores and operate machine's i also became experienced in driving froklift. a typical day would last 12 hours
Productive workplace
CNC machine operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAAugust 26, 2014
Great pay and benefits. Management worked well with employees. enjoyed meeting people from all over.
Relaxed work environment with flexible schedule
Supply Management Specialist (CI) (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: very limited benefits & no bonuses
3/5: I do the same job as an actual John Deere employee, but without any bonuses, or benefits. I learned a lot about managing large projects (> $1 million). My manager and co-workers are great & very supportive.
enjoyed making garden tractors
Assembler (Former Employee), Horicon, WIAugust 22, 2014
it was fun assembling various components for garden tractors.
enjoyed working with management and my co-workers.
not a bad place, just have to be a member of the right groups.
Leader (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAAugust 21, 2014
work life balance is great. vacation is also generous, just no real advancement ops
Organized, clean environment filled with team spirit!
Technician (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 11, 2014
After clocking in everyday we all gather in our conference meeting area to talk about safety in the workplace. Every day is an adventure, as the machines that we build for our customers are fascinating in their very own way. I have learned more about team work and dependability upon my co-workers to complete the task(s) at hand. I enjoy the pace the – more... new machines that are upcoming that we are excited to be apart of their make up! – less
one of the best paying jobs out there.
Welder (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: sometimes u get laid off
it was a nice place/ ergonomically correct/ paid time off. gave back to the community
A good place to work if you enjoy long walks through inventory racks
Cycle counter (Former Employee), Strafford, MOJuly 22, 2014
My typical day at John Deere invloved myself getting my parts sheet of missing inventory and spending the day looking for the inventory and performing routine audits and inventory discrepency reports. I learned how to operate a cherry picker at John Deere and that it is possible to find a needle in a haystack. I worked with many different people and – more... some of them have remained as dear friends since my time at the company. The hardest part of the job was all the walking (17 miles in one day) and the extreme heat. But even with that being the hardest part of the job it still had many benefits to my health. I thoroughly enjoyed the active lifestyle I maintained due to the constant exercise. – less
Great company to grow with
Asst. Regional Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 17, 2014
initially very manual process. Eventually they went to an ERP system which eliminated a great deal of manual processes.

Enjoyed the experience!
Good work culture and plenty of opportunity
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: strong core values, training available, flex hours, good work culture
Cons: location not near any metro area, below average road infrastructure in surrounding area, open seating at headquarters below average, high taxes in davenport & bettendorf
Overall review is slightly above average compared to other Fortune 500 companies. Surrounding area lacks good road infrastructure, services, and healthcare. Taxes higher than most metro areas.
Great employees, amazing work/life balance, overall fantastic company
HR Coordinator - Campus Recruiting (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 15, 2014
Flexible schedule, easy going atmosphere, friendly co-workers.
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for.

1 2 3 4 5

About John Deere

At John Deere, our more than 60,000 employees are committed to those linked to the land. We are a global company in size, but – Read more