John Deere

John Deere Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and rewarding
Mechanic (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJuly 13, 2014
Gain extensive experience fixing rear end axle differentials
Physically demanding
Good guy to work with
Skidder Operator (Current Employee), AlbertaApril 15, 2014
Pros: long hours, good pay
Cons: very slow days as you sit in a truck for hours
Plow snow off lease , learnt how to operator a skidder and various other things , co workers were good , hardest part of the job is sitting in the truck sometimes for hours or days on end .
Good work place with nice people
Distribution Staff (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 17, 2014
I really loved working in john deere,the work environment was very good and the employers were kind
A great place where you can learn
Premium & 6720 Tractors Operator (Former Employee), Lévis, QCJanuary 13, 2014
Good place for an entry level but the doesn't worth it. The bosses are amazing tho.
• Around 7 years of IT experience with exceptional skills in Analysis, Object Oriented Design, Development and Implementation of Web Applications and
NET Developer (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONAugust 7, 2013
• Involved in User Requirement analysis and Review of Business Requirements from Functional Architects and development of the project using the Scrum methodology.
• Involved in designing the application using the N-Tier SOA Architecture.
• Delivered complex WCF & Web Service solutions for the existing SOA (service oriented Architecture).
• Responsible – more... for developing WCF Services to retrieve and send information from client side without Post Back and consuming the existing Services.
• Responsible for designing web pages using HTML, ASP .NET, C#, CSS, AJAX and Java Script.
• Worked with Script Manager and Update Panel in AJAX Server Control to develop the GUI and involved in implementing AJAX controls to reduce the server trip while modifying Grid View data.
• Worked with data grid controls.
• Used ADO .NET for database connectivity and populated back-end data using SQL Server 2008.
• Actively involved in coding and designing ASP.NET Master Pages, Themes, and Skins.
• Developed modules by applying Object Oriented Programming techniques using Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Inheritance.
• Involved in GUI design using Login Controls, Microsoft Menu Control and client side validation is done by Ajax validation extenders.
• Used LINQ to retrieve information from the XML data files and various data sources.
• Extensively worked on SQL stored procedures, functions and Triggers to Create and modify existing tables and stored procedures in ADO.Net and tested them on testing and production servers.
• Involved in Unit Testing for the complete system.
• Implemented code version maintenance/tracking using Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2008. – less
General Labourer (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONFebruary 22, 2013
the job was always done in a timely fashion. safe place to work.
typical warehouse job
Shipping/ Receiver: (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONOctober 17, 2012
Cons: long hours
normal day
managment was good - never had issues
coworkers were nice
long hours on your feet
physical
200 years old
Welder (Former Employee), Welland, ONSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: products are the finest in the world
Cons: closed the plant
very fast paced company ,felt like family and enjoyed the work and working with talented people.
Fast paced work environment
Summer Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMay 23, 2012
Pros: company truck, cell phone and gas card
Cons: very long hours
Everyday was different, it was a continuous process of learning new things about John Deere products and services. Management was great by offering us the flexibility and autonomy of doing what was best for the company. The co-workers made coming to work very enjoyable with everyone being in a good mood and happy to be working for John Deere. The hardest – more... part was learning because of the lack of training that was provided at John Deere, however the most enjoyable aspect of my work was the independence and confidence that they had in me to accomplish certain tasks with very minimal supervision. – less
Average place to work
Design Engineer (Current Employee), Dubuque, IADecember 13, 2014
Treats the employees well, but mismanagement of programs leads to frustrations.
Not many Chances given
Engineer (Former Employee), PeterboroughDecember 11, 2014
Pros: teamates were nice and polite.
Cons: could be dangerous
My typical day at work was mostly me doing what was needed at the time. I didn't had a specific role, I did lots of different things in there. I driven tractors to be put on display, panted their tires, also helped a little on changing their parts, which was mainly what I wanted to do. Tractors were sent ready to us, the ones that were supposes to be – more... fixed by us were done by professional people in our workplace, and I would eventually see them in action, and if possible help them on either bringing them the right parts or cleaning them. – less
Very professional work place.
Quality Engineer/Quality Supervisor (Former Employee), Moline, ILDecember 9, 2014
Pros: career development is encouraged
A work environment where Safety is #1 with both management and wage. Quality is ingrained within the culture and continuous improvement is ongoing.
Productive and rewarding place to work
Supply management / Tactical Buyer (Current Employee), Fargo, NDDecember 1, 2014
Pros: that jdes is very active in the community and takes care of their employees.
Cons: at this time i feel there are any con's to working with jdes.
My typical day is monitoring IC's comodity, purchasing what is needed and working with our suppliers and brokers to ensure we have product on hand to get the job done. I work on a awesome team of buyers and my supervisor is wonderful to work for.
The hardest part of my job is when parts, from the production floor, is rejected and we have no parts on – more... hand; its a race to get parts in inventory so we don't lose time in production and when parts go EOL or obsolete and locating parts through multiple sources to keep production going until a new part gets qualified.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a knowledable team, working directly with my suppliers, manufacturers and brokers, and I find my position rewarding when I am met with challenges and I am able to overcome and succeed in accomplishing what is needed to keep the production going. – less
Family Business
Finance and intern audit internship (Current Employee), Saltillo and Monterrey, MexicoNovember 24, 2014
I help in many areas as, pest control, administration, airplane maintenance.
awesome place to work
Sales and customer service (Former Employee), Port Crane, NYNovember 9, 2014
Great people, room for advancement and plenty of learning opportunities. Awesome place to work.
Good job security, challenging work, poor work/life balance
Engine Integration Product Engineer (Former Employee), Dubuque, IANovember 4, 2014
This job provides good job security and compensation, as well as, ample challenging work and opportunity for advancement. Unfortunately, because of these many opportunities, there is a negative impact to one's work/life balance.
Ok Place to Work
Senior Manager (Current Employee), cary, ncOctober 29, 2014
The company is a good company to work for if you like living in the Midwest. There are no growth opportunites outside of that. The company lacks diversity and lacks diverse thinking.
Productive and Continual Learning
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Pune, MHOctober 28, 2014
I love John Deere. I love working there. I love the people I work with. They pay me great, give me the time off I need and support my professional education. I don't plan on leaving for awhile.

Very Fun
Self-Employed Contractor (Former Employee), Loris, SCOctober 27, 2014
i Really enjoyed it.It was very nice but i wish it would have lasted longer.
A great company with a stable history
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: pay, bonus, co-workers, management
Cons: unequal distribution of labor, lack of upward mobility

However, if you're not one of the "club" - you'll stay in your job and never move up. Want to move around in the company? Good luck - the "club" is at other – more... locations, too.

Overall - a great place to work that values integrity and hard work and takes care of its employees. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About John Deere

At John Deere, our more than 60,000 employees are committed to those linked to the land. We are a global company in size, but – Read more