John Deere

John Deere Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and rewarding
Mechanic (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJuly 13, 2014
Gain extensive experience fixing rear end axle differentials
Physically demanding
Good guy to work with
Skidder Operator (Current Employee), AlbertaApril 15, 2014
Pros: long hours, good pay
Cons: very slow days as you sit in a truck for hours
Plow snow off lease , learnt how to operator a skidder and various other things , co workers were good , hardest part of the job is sitting in the truck sometimes for hours or days on end .
Good work place with nice people
Distribution Staff (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 17, 2014
I really loved working in john deere,the work environment was very good and the employers were kind
A great place where you can learn
Premium & 6720 Tractors Operator (Former Employee), Lévis, QCJanuary 13, 2014
Good place for an entry level but the doesn't worth it. The bosses are amazing tho.
• Around 7 years of IT experience with exceptional skills in Analysis, Object Oriented Design, Development and Implementation of Web Applications and
NET Developer (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONAugust 7, 2013
• Involved in User Requirement analysis and Review of Business Requirements from Functional Architects and development of the project using the Scrum methodology.
• Involved in designing the application using the N-Tier SOA Architecture.
• Delivered complex WCF & Web Service solutions for the existing SOA (service oriented Architecture).
• Responsible – more... for developing WCF Services to retrieve and send information from client side without Post Back and consuming the existing Services.
• Responsible for designing web pages using HTML, ASP .NET, C#, CSS, AJAX and Java Script.
• Worked with Script Manager and Update Panel in AJAX Server Control to develop the GUI and involved in implementing AJAX controls to reduce the server trip while modifying Grid View data.
• Worked with data grid controls.
• Used ADO .NET for database connectivity and populated back-end data using SQL Server 2008.
• Actively involved in coding and designing ASP.NET Master Pages, Themes, and Skins.
• Developed modules by applying Object Oriented Programming techniques using Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Inheritance.
• Involved in GUI design using Login Controls, Microsoft Menu Control and client side validation is done by Ajax validation extenders.
• Used LINQ to retrieve information from the XML data files and various data sources.
• Extensively worked on SQL stored procedures, functions and Triggers to Create and modify existing tables and stored procedures in ADO.Net and tested them on testing and production servers.
• Involved in Unit Testing for the complete system.
• Implemented code version maintenance/tracking using Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2008. – less
typical warehouse job
Shipping/ Receiver: (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONOctober 17, 2012
Cons: long hours
normal day
managment was good - never had issues
coworkers were nice
long hours on your feet
physical
200 years old
Welder (Former Employee), Welland, ONSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: products are the finest in the world
Cons: closed the plant
very fast paced company ,felt like family and enjoyed the work and working with talented people.
Fast paced work environment
Summer Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMay 23, 2012
Pros: company truck, cell phone and gas card
Cons: very long hours
Everyday was different, it was a continuous process of learning new things about John Deere products and services. Management was great by offering us the flexibility and autonomy of doing what was best for the company. The co-workers made coming to work very enjoyable with everyone being in a good mood and happy to be working for John Deere. The hardest – more... part was learning because of the lack of training that was provided at John Deere, however the most enjoyable aspect of my work was the independence and confidence that they had in me to accomplish certain tasks with very minimal supervision. – less
Awesome Job !
Truck Driver and Yardman (Former Employee), Punta Gorda, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: the customer's an how thing worked .
Cons: company closed
I Enjoyed working for them I learned a lot for them . most of all what the customer's what they like an how they wanted thing's done..
Professional
Order Fulfillment Coordinator (Former Employee), Cary, NCOctober 11, 2014
Pros: pleasant environment
Cons: the employees were slightly unprofessional on my team
As a Contractor overall my experience was pleasant. The work environment was extremely nice and the teams were friendly.
Productive, Diverse and friendly company
Assembly (Quality, Machining Management) (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free healthcare, income, friendly environment, safe and overall good company
Cons: parking lot is conjested, the roof leaks sometimes
I have gained many skills at John Deere including the ability to read blue prints, machining, assembly, and overall general manufacturing overview. My typical day at work is coming in to a daily meeting then going out on the floor and assemble parts on the tractors. In the process of assembly couple factors always impact assembly including repair, missing – more... parts, logistics issues, new builds and etc.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with the logistics aspect of what the job entails because sometimes we wont get the parts on time which impacts our bonuses. The most enjoyable part of my day is coming in to work and working along side of my workers, supervisors and the rest of the production team to get the product out the door. – less
John Deere
CNC MACHINIST (Former Employee), Coffeyville, KSOctober 8, 2014
Great corporation to work for. Job Security rating is low due to union.
Not just any day
Engneering Business Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: the day is never the same
Cons: i'm contract and looking to secure full time employment
On any typical day I am training engineers on the release process across a multi-platform of systems.
Modifying CAD documents using Creo parametric or Pro E
Setting up meetings with the stake holders and Engineers
Problem Solving
Reviewing documents and Blue Prints
Interviewed for Company
None (Former Employee), NoneOctober 2, 2014
Interviewed for company and was told that I can not be considered for the opportunity because students who take classes at leading universities ONLINE are not prepared for the workplace. I explained to the recruiter that I work full time as an Analyst at a leading financial corporation and take my classes online to complete both school and work. Not – more... impressed with the company or the recruiter at all. The recruiter sounded nonchalant and acted as if they didn't want to conduct the interview. – less
Productive and Conducive working environment with great leaders
Supply Management Analyst (IM&S Buyer) (Current Employee), Valley City, NDOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great culture
Nice company to work for. Great team building events and initiatives
I was a support engineer for the drive train operations on third shift
Automation Engineer (Former Employee), Waterloo, IASeptember 29, 2014
I supported the production lines when automation problems occurred.
I also added, modified, and removed tools from our Allen Bradley PLC system. I also made modifications to drawings in AutoCAD. I worked with RSLinx and RSLogix for the support of the PLC systems.
fun workplace
Assembler (Current Employee), East Moline, ILSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: a lot of off times, very good pay
Cons: paid differently according to the department which is suck, some get good benefit and some little or at all
It's very fun to work for John Deere, Managers are cool and work with every employee.
Great company to work for.
Machining Supervisor (Current Employee), Waterloo, IASeptember 24, 2014
Great company to work for.
Business ethics are highly emphasized.
A lot of talented people work here.
very hard work
Core Cell Operator (Current Employee), Waterloo, IASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great pay and bennifits
Cons: long hot days
Long hot days
you learn something new everyday
you deal with alot of changes
team players
knowing i am making the best catsings in the world
horrible infrastructure
temp (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: management structure
When I had the chance to work there, I loved my fellow employees, hated the bosses.There are three shift supervisors, but none of them ever completely divulged need to know information with each other.So you can be doing something you were taught to do, and still be reprimanded by a different supervisor, because it wasn't how they would do the task. – more... Also they're a multi-billion dollar company, but they wont spring for a new scanner if one is malfunctioning. I remember telling my shift supervisor I was having a problem with a piece of equipment, he had told me he would take it up with the plant general manager. A few days go by, nothings changed. I approach the plant manager myself, and he tells me no one had told him anything. Hence why I say this place has a horrible infrastructure. If you want to be treated like less than dirt. I highly suggest working for John Deere. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About John Deere

At John Deere, our more than 60,000 employees are committed to those linked to the land. We are a global company in size, but – Read more