John Deere

John Deere Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good guy to work with
Skidder Operator (Current Employee), AlbertaApril 15, 2014
Pros: long hours, good pay
Cons: very slow days as you sit in a truck for hours
Plow snow off lease , learnt how to operator a skidder and various other things , co workers were good , hardest part of the job is sitting in the truck sometimes for hours or days on end .
Good work place with nice people
Distribution Staff (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 17, 2014
I really loved working in john deere,the work environment was very good and the employers were kind
A great place where you can learn
Premium & 6720 Tractors Operator (Former Employee), Lévis, QCJanuary 13, 2014
Good place for an entry level but the doesn't worth it. The bosses are amazing tho.
• Around 7 years of IT experience with exceptional skills in Analysis, Object Oriented Design, Development and Implementation of Web Applications and
NET Developer (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONAugust 7, 2013
• Involved in User Requirement analysis and Review of Business Requirements from Functional Architects and development of the project using the Scrum methodology.
• Involved in designing the application using the N-Tier SOA Architecture.
• Delivered complex WCF & Web Service solutions for the existing SOA (service oriented Architecture).
• Responsible – more... for developing WCF Services to retrieve and send information from client side without Post Back and consuming the existing Services.
• Responsible for designing web pages using HTML, ASP .NET, C#, CSS, AJAX and Java Script.
• Worked with Script Manager and Update Panel in AJAX Server Control to develop the GUI and involved in implementing AJAX controls to reduce the server trip while modifying Grid View data.
• Worked with data grid controls.
• Used ADO .NET for database connectivity and populated back-end data using SQL Server 2008.
• Actively involved in coding and designing ASP.NET Master Pages, Themes, and Skins.
• Developed modules by applying Object Oriented Programming techniques using Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Inheritance.
• Involved in GUI design using Login Controls, Microsoft Menu Control and client side validation is done by Ajax validation extenders.
• Used LINQ to retrieve information from the XML data files and various data sources.
• Extensively worked on SQL stored procedures, functions and Triggers to Create and modify existing tables and stored procedures in ADO.Net and tested them on testing and production servers.
• Involved in Unit Testing for the complete system.
• Implemented code version maintenance/tracking using Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2008. – less
General Labourer (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONFebruary 22, 2013
the job was always done in a timely fashion. safe place to work.
typical warehouse job
Shipping/ Receiver: (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONOctober 17, 2012
Cons: long hours
normal day
managment was good - never had issues
coworkers were nice
long hours on your feet
physical
200 years old
Welder (Former Employee), Welland, ONSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: products are the finest in the world
Cons: closed the plant
very fast paced company ,felt like family and enjoyed the work and working with talented people.
Fun place with a lot of freedom to try new things
Product Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 26, 2012
Pros: freedom to try new things
Cons: hr department is slow in responding to needs
Wonderful place with a lot of facilities and freedom. Individual can learn from a plethora of opportunities and training tools.
Fast paced work environment
Summer Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMay 23, 2012
Pros: company truck, cell phone and gas card
Cons: very long hours
Everyday was different, it was a continuous process of learning new things about John Deere products and services. Management was great by offering us the flexibility and autonomy of doing what was best for the company. The co-workers made coming to work very enjoyable with everyone being in a good mood and happy to be working for John Deere. The hardest – more... part was learning because of the lack of training that was provided at John Deere, however the most enjoyable aspect of my work was the independence and confidence that they had in me to accomplish certain tasks with very minimal supervision. – less
A good place to work if you enjoy long walks through inventory racks
Cycle counter (Former Employee), Strafford, MOJuly 22, 2014
My typical day at John Deere invloved myself getting my parts sheet of missing inventory and spending the day looking for the inventory and performing routine audits and inventory discrepency reports. I learned how to operate a cherry picker at John Deere and that it is possible to find a needle in a haystack. I worked with many different people and – more... some of them have remained as dear friends since my time at the company. The hardest part of the job was all the walking (17 miles in one day) and the extreme heat. But even with that being the hardest part of the job it still had many benefits to my health. I thoroughly enjoyed the active lifestyle I maintained due to the constant exercise. – less
Great company to grow with
Asst. Regional Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 17, 2014
initially very manual process. Eventually they went to an ERP system which eliminated a great deal of manual processes.

Enjoyed the experience!
Good work culture and plenty of opportunity
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: strong core values, training available, flex hours, good work culture
Cons: location not near any metro area, below average road infrastructure in surrounding area, open seating at headquarters below average, high taxes in davenport & bettendorf
Overall review is slightly above average compared to other Fortune 500 companies. Surrounding area lacks good road infrastructure, services, and healthcare. Taxes higher than most metro areas.
Great employees, amazing work/life balance, overall fantastic company
HR Coordinator - Campus Recruiting (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 15, 2014
Flexible schedule, easy going atmosphere, friendly co-workers.
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for.
bad job placement
CNC Machinist (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAJuly 11, 2014
horrible job placement if you going for machining you most likely end up as a assembler or trucker
Great model company. The best company I have worked in.
Strategic Supply Management Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 10, 2014
John Deere is the second oldest company in America and you do not stay in business that long by doing things wrong. It is difficult to get into John Deere, but once you are in, you are part of a proud family with a great culture and respect for each other. Deere invests in their family and trains them, educates them, helps them, empowers them and gives – more... them the tools they need so that everyone is succesful and the whole family benefits. I have made so many true friends at Deere. I was very fortunate to have the privilege of working with so many devoted professionals. – less
Great Workplace.
Process Analyst (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAJuly 8, 2014
Great workplace and team environment. Not so great at giving contractors a fair shake.
Productive and nice place to work
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCJuly 7, 2014
It has great work hours and if u like overtime, that too. The people there are nice. The job is not to hard, jus got to get use to it. It's fast paced. I just hate is seasonal .
production line, machine Maintenance
a) Manpower handling - Team leader (Former Employee), Pune, MHJuly 6, 2014
team work, manpowerhandling,cost reduction & cointinuous improvement, 5 s technics, TQM,TPM.
Would suggest not taking a contingent position.
Prefer to not say (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: minimal micromanagement, flexible with time off
Cons: careers within john deere, unethical practices
CONS: (These heavily outweigh the pros, so I will start here)

As a contingent worker, the opportunity seems like a great avenue to take. Although you get your "foot in the door," it is more than likely the case you will NOT walk out the door with a permanent job as a Deere employee. With the continual hiring of contingent employees to save the company – more... money, you are in a battle with a multitude of other employees for one job posting. The actual Deere job postings are very, very limited. Even if you have great work reviews.

As a contingent who had Deere interviews, the jobs I interviewed for were given to someone not performing the role currently but who looked good on paper. John Deere is incredibly "pedigree" oriented.

The treatment I received from another Deere employee created a nightmare of going to work the first 1-1.5 years I was here. This woman (although I prefer another choice word) was reprimanded with a slap on the wrist (as she had been for doing the same thing in the past to others - or she is constantly running to management about others she was "having problems with" - these persons were contingents, never Deere employees), but always has kept her job. As a company that prides itself on their ethical behavior, this behavior was quite the opposite. It was borderline harassment.

Overall, there is an abundance of contingent workers, doing exceptional work, who will not be hired on. The company boasts they make "billion dollar profits," and that is exactly how. Hiring contingent workers for a cheaper pay rate, no benefits (no paid holidays, sick leave, zero).

PROS:

Minimal micromanagement, you can take time off easily, and my manager (and most managers) are great to work with. If you are seeking professional growth, it can be obtained here. – less
safe place to work
Fitter / Welder (Current Employee), Thibodaux, LAJune 17, 2014
Cons: not good pay
this is a safe place to work but the pay is not enough. I did not learn anything, i brought my skills to them.Work day is stressful. The co workers are good to work with. Hardest part of the day is when there are no parts to make and im just standing around.

1 2 3 4 5

About John Deere

Since its founding in 1837, John Deere has seen a great many changes in its business, its products, its services. Change always – Read more