John Deere Landscapes Employee Reviews

Good place
Customer Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCApril 7, 2016
Great company to work for. They do a great job of creating a supportive environment. Training, compensation, and everything were positives for me.
productive place to work
Driver and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MADecember 21, 2015
Full time annual lay off driver. Good place to work with good benefits job can be stressful at times but overall good place to work
Pros
decent pay
Cons
stressful at times
Steady employment
Customer Service, Account Management (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDDecember 14, 2015
Good company, you really need to want to relocate if you want to be promoted. Its nice to work for a large corporation just for the fact that you know you'll have a check every week.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
some managers were unethical
excellent company to work for
branch manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 1, 2015
i learned a lot by working for this company and i used my skills to open my own irrigation company and became my own boss and was able to a a good year of work but unfortunately in this market work slows down every year.
Diverse
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 16, 2015
This is a diverse workplace. It deals with all types of flowers and trees from all over the world. The only thing about working for a landscaping company is that if there is a water drought you maybe out of a job.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Droughts
great company. unsure of employee development
branch manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 5, 2015
want to grow with company but no clear direction for employees. if you are good at what you do it becomes easier to keep you there then move up and replace.
Pros
great people
Cons
professional growth. typically filled outside company.
Rewarding job with team oriented atmosphere
Account Mgr/6 branches (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 30, 2015
John Deere Landscapes afforded me a huge opportunity to enhance my professional skills in the area of sales and increase my monetary value to be able to afford the things I needed and wanted on a personal level.
Pros
Compensation for performance, aided and supported advancement and training, strong relationships with employees and management
Cons
Alot of time spent on the road, long hours, high expectations in regard to sales and yearly budgets
Loved the contractors
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OregonOctober 7, 2015
Management was the worst. Went through 3 mangers in 4 years. Not a safe location to work at. The contractors were wonderful.
Pros
Wage
Its nice place to work
Dynamics ax technical consultant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 23, 2015
I worked fro this client in implementation of General ledger module for Microsoft dynamics ax 2012 vesion. I also developed new ssrs reports and also involved in the code upgrade and go live support. Its nice place to work and learn new technologies
teamwork enviroment
General Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJuly 8, 2015
I have worked here a year. I have been getting more responsibilities. It has a good teamwork environment. I have been shown the computer system. I go out on deliveries to customers.
Pros
good hours
Cons
explanations of benefits
Awesome comapny
RETAIL SALES ASST. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Franklin tnJune 2, 2015
the company was always clean taken care of and spacious.
Had the equipment to get the job done
awesome people to work with
Pros
Great 401k
Cons
n/a
Great place to start
Employee (Current Employee) –  MidwestMarch 9, 2015
Good entry level company, no training set up to help employees. If you are looking to move up within the company, good luck with advancement. College education doesn't carry much weight with upper management. Good place to learn your craft and move on from.
Cons
long hours in peak season
Worst company to EVER work for
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 10, 2015
Deere sold this unit to a PE firm that changed out the entire management team that cared about employees. It is now run by Old Castle employees and friends of the new management team. 50% of the prior middle management team were fired or demoted (and this used to be a successful company).

Avoid working at this company at all costs. Cunning but very deceitful.
Pros
deere owned them
Cons
sold their soul to pe and destroyed people
Large Company good benefits
Branch Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 3, 2015
One of the large company in is field, long hours. Company has great benefits, Customers were great to work with. Overall a good company to work with
Low Pay
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 29, 2015
The job pays little if more than minimum wage. Co-workers are good people to work with, decent work life balance.
Pros
good work life balance.
Cons
low rate of pay, so-so benefits.
Rude employees
Potential applicant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I called the Fresno, CA location to inquire about a job posting and the woman who answered the phone was extremely rude. She acted as if she had no clue about the job I was referring to and instead of asking for help from a manager she hung up in my face. I didn't even bother to call back.
great place to learn
Driver/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MoDecember 30, 2014
Good place to learn the in's and out's of Irriigation and firt . I also learned how to wait on customers and get them what they need.
Nothing bad about this company
Assistant Regional Buyer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 9, 2014
Great place to work and learn a good deal about the nursery industry.
Great Business-Horrible Upper Management
Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaOctober 27, 2014
Work days were pretty good as long as middle and upper management stayed away. Store management and crew were enjoyable. Middle and upper management show NO ethics or loyalty and concerned themselves with other things. VP and RM encouraged illegal pesticide sales but dodged responsibility with double talk. Company talked "Community Involvement" but only wanted to talk the talk, not walk the walk.They asked individuals to log community volunteer hours so the company would look good but never volunteered company resources or man-hours for community involvement. Good employees were exploited for hard work but if they left the area, nothing was done to help them within the company. VP gave orders subject to his whims, not good business. He inconvenienced customers and lost sales to increase his own personal accounting in the company. Money was wasted in several areas and upper management did nothing to implement cost savings, except to cut man-hours. I understand this was more Southern California as employees I talked to in other parts of the country didn't have a lot of the same concerns as I did.
Pros
decent pay, good work hours
Cons
bad business decisions, no ethics, no respect from upper management
Management is great
Irrigation Design (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 14, 2014
If you are just in it to have a great boss and some job security, then this place is for you. Because it is such a huge company its pretty hard, from what I here to get fired.

There are a lot of negatives with this job, which I have seen were pretty consistent across the board an with different people in different departments. There is A LOT of downtime and this is not a good thing, you'll come to work and for the whole day you'll be doing nothing at all but reading a book, then because John Deere's are never in a place near civilization I drive a long while to get to work to do nothing. They don't pay enough for me to do so. So by the end of a typical month I will be broke because the driving it takes to get to work and food I buy during, even if I make my own lunch it is a lot. I would only recommend someone working here if they have A LOT of spare money for gas and A LOT of time to kill.

Also! Very important this company is cheap, all of the staff only shares one computer, so with that there is really no need for any other position since major programs are only installed on 1 computer since that is all the company can afford.
Pros
great boss, free parking, a lot of down time
Cons
no room for advancement, only 0.3% raises a year, a lot of downtime, all of staff must share 1 computer