John Deere Landscapes Employee Reviews

Great work environment!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CA28 September 2016
Over 13 years the company has changed names 3 times and or been acquired. The culture has changed as has the focus. The people in the branches are great, solid performers.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Good place
Customer Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Arden, NC7 April 2016
Great company to work for. They do a great job of creating a supportive environment. Training, compensation, and everything were positives for me.
productive place to work
Driver and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MA21 December 2015
Full time annual lay off driver. Good place to work with good benefits job can be stressful at times but overall good place to work
Pros
decent pay
Cons
stressful at times
Steady employment
Customer Service, Account Management (Former Employee) –  Meridian, ID14 December 2015
Good company, you really need to want to relocate if you want to be promoted. Its nice to work for a large corporation just for the fact that you know you'll have a check every week.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
some managers were unethical
excellent company to work for
branch manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX1 December 2015
i learned a lot by working for this company and i used my skills to open my own irrigation company and became my own boss and was able to a a good year of work but unfortunately in this market work slows down every year.
Diverse
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GA16 November 2015
This is a diverse workplace. It deals with all types of flowers and trees from all over the world. The only thing about working for a landscaping company is that if there is a water drought you maybe out of a job.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Droughts
great company. unsure of employee development
branch manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN5 November 2015
want to grow with company but no clear direction for employees. if you are good at what you do it becomes easier to keep you there then move up and replace.
Pros
great people
Cons
professional growth. typically filled outside company.
Rewarding job with team oriented atmosphere
Account Mgr/6 branches (Former Employee) –  Macon, GA30 October 2015
John Deere Landscapes afforded me a huge opportunity to enhance my professional skills in the area of sales and increase my monetary value to be able to afford the things I needed and wanted on a personal level.
Pros
Compensation for performance, aided and supported advancement and training, strong relationships with employees and management
Cons
Alot of time spent on the road, long hours, high expectations in regard to sales and yearly budgets
Loved the contractors
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eugene, Oregon7 October 2015
Management was the worst. Went through 3 mangers in 4 years. Not a safe location to work at. The contractors were wonderful.
Pros
Wage
Its nice place to work
Dynamics ax technical consultant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA23 September 2015
I worked fro this client in implementation of General ledger module for Microsoft dynamics ax 2012 vesion. I also developed new ssrs reports and also involved in the code upgrade and go live support. Its nice place to work and learn new technologies
teamwork enviroment
General Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FL8 July 2015
I have worked here a year. I have been getting more responsibilities. It has a good teamwork environment. I have been shown the computer system. I go out on deliveries to customers.
Pros
good hours
Cons
explanations of benefits
Awesome comapny
RETAIL SALES ASST. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Franklin tn2 June 2015
the company was always clean taken care of and spacious.
Had the equipment to get the job done
awesome people to work with
Pros
Great 401k
Cons
n/a
Great place to start
Employee (Current Employee) –  Midwest9 March 2015
Good entry level company, no training set up to help employees. If you are looking to move up within the company, good luck with advancement. College education doesn't carry much weight with upper management. Good place to learn your craft and move on from.
Cons
Long hours in peak season
Worst company to EVER work for
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  United States10 February 2015
Deere sold this unit to a PE firm that changed out the entire management team that cared about employees. It is now run by Old Castle employees and friends of the new management team. 50% of the prior middle management team were fired or demoted (and this used to be a successful company).

Avoid working at this company at all costs. Cunning but very deceitful.
Pros
Deere owned them
Cons
Sold their soul to PE and destroyed people
Large Company good benefits
Branch Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJ3 February 2015
One of the large company in is field, long hours. Company has great benefits, Customers were great to work with. Overall a good company to work with
Low Pay
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI29 January 2015
The job pays little if more than minimum wage. Co-workers are good people to work with, decent work life balance.
Pros
Good work life balance.
Cons
Low rate of pay, so-so benefits.
Rude employees
Potential applicant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA22 January 2015
I called the Fresno, CA location to inquire about a job posting and the woman who answered the phone was extremely rude. She acted as if she had no clue about the job I was referring to and instead of asking for help from a manager she hung up in my face. I didn't even bother to call back.
great place to learn
Driver/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Mo30 December 2014
Good place to learn the in's and out's of Irriigation and firt . I also learned how to wait on customers and get them what they need.
Nothing bad about this company
Assistant Regional Buyer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA9 November 2014
Great place to work and learn a good deal about the nursery industry.
Great Business-Horrible Upper Management
Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Southern California27 October 2014
Work days were pretty good as long as middle and upper management stayed away. Store management and crew were enjoyable. Middle and upper management show NO ethics or loyalty and concerned themselves with other things. VP and RM encouraged illegal pesticide sales but dodged responsibility with double talk. Company talked "Community Involvement" but only wanted to talk the talk, not walk the walk.They asked individuals to log community volunteer hours so the company would look good but never volunteered company resources or man-hours for community involvement. Good employees were exploited for hard work but if they left the area, nothing was done to help them within the company. VP gave orders subject to his whims, not good business. He inconvenienced customers and lost sales to increase his own personal accounting in the company. Money was wasted in several areas and upper management did nothing to implement cost savings, except to cut man-hours. I understand this was more Southern California as employees I talked to in other parts of the country didn't have a lot of the same concerns as I did.
Pros
Decent pay, good work hours
Cons
Bad business decisions, no ethics, no respect from upper management