John Deere Landscapes

John Deere Landscapes Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Proffesional and growing company
Area Manager (Former Employee), SE MichiganDecember 16, 2013
Good company to work for! Growth oriented and driven to provide outstanding customer service.
Typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good people
Cons: lunch break, management
It was a very fast pace environment, there was never a dull moment. I was constantly learning daily about the different products in the store I wasn't familiar with, such as chemicals and varies of fertilizers. I had awesome co-workers, we all worked all together and always got the job done in a well fashioned manner. The hardest part of the job was – more... probably making sure you're really making sure your customer knows that they're important and feel as if they were not rushed and the result is a happy customer meanwhile dealing with long lines and customers needing to be on a job site in a timely manner. To be accurate, I thoroughly enjoyed my customers the most out of everything at John Deere Landscapes. I knew about half of them from my previous job so it worked out well for myself and the customers. I had the best customers! – less
Excellent distributor to the Green Industry
Area Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 14, 2013
Very good at what they do...become a resource to the landscape professional to buy practically any product.

Management is very good - thinking toward the future and allowing the local team to run the day to day.
fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 22, 2013
my work cay was fun and excting i got to meet good people and get paid for doing something i loved
Love it all
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), troy miJuly 9, 2013
Finally a job that has it all. poeple
place
The work is accounting work
not hard not easy but do able

ability to move up is there and the company gives back to you
nice company
Nursery Manager (Former Employee), Keller, TexasMay 29, 2013
Pros: benefits, pto
Cons: family balance, travel
good company, just subject to changing philosophy often..
Family oriented atmosphere
Retail Garden Center Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 8, 2013
Pros: duties were outlined.
Cons: hours were long sometimes.
I enjoyed my time at John Deere Landscapes. Their was a family atmosphere which allowed each employee do his job.
its a great place to work for
seasonal driver (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: working with customer one on one
Cons: n/a
the workers are great i ve learned alot about this company. i like working with customers.
very good company with great integrity
Regional Buyer Florida (Former Employee), Palmetto, FLNovember 14, 2012
Pros: benefits / management expertise
Cons: n/a
JDL was a great company to work for and the people there are great.
The management was some of the best I ever encountered.

the economy was what put an end to the nursery side of the company.
Outstanding
Data Coordinator Purchasing (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 13, 2012
Pros: strong skills in mentoring
Loved working for this comapany, the were very uniform, and motivation towards a common goal as well as personal goals for future.
enjoyable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MISeptember 10, 2012
Pros: free lunches
working with the many vendors to get payment.
working with good people
Great place to work with an awesome management team!
Credit Analyst II (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 24, 2012
No 2 days were the same. The job was challenging but enjoyable. I had a great relationship with management. The department, as a whole, was a close group.
Fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Chantilly, VaJune 19, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: no benefits, no paid holidays, no paid vacation, no paid sick days as ft seasonal
Day starts off with all hands on deck, busiest time of the day. Mostly would be loading businesses trucks with supplies and unloading supply trucks, Operating a forklift and moving pallets around and just keeping the warehouse clean. Management was great to work with. My co workers were awesome great guys with alot of stories to tell. the hardest part – more... of the whole job was having to hand unload two or three full pallets of fertilizer each weighting 50 lbs in a matter of 30 mins. Driving and meeting other co workers at other stores and being able to driver all over for deliveries and pick ups. – less
John Deere Landscapes was a great place of employment, I especially valued the employee relationships
Credit and Collection Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 6, 2012
Pros: heavily depended on with my industry experience, great mgmt team, i had a great group of employees
Cons: had to move back to texas
A typical work day included: managed the policy and procedures for a multi-million dollar company, Coaching 17 employees with day to day business activities,approving new credit accounts, reviewing credit lines for increases or decreases. reporting, using credit bureau reports, manage collection calls daily.
I learned about UCC-1 filings.
We had the – more... best management team in the industry from top to the bottom. My direct boss was very fair and you knew what the expectations of the job was. He was a very quite man, but very funny.
I think the hardest part of the job was personnel's personal/family problems, that is more draining than the job itself.
I really enjoyed the working relationships with the employees and the relationship with the customers. – less
Fun and Uplifting but detail oriented.
Administrative Assistant/bookkeep (Former Employee), Franklin,TNFebruary 3, 2012
Pros: working in the dirt
Cons: everyone was very friendly
This company was wonderful to work with which I learned alot of bookkeeping in the process. The co-workers and manager were all willing to add advice and help to further my training. Im sad it as only a temporary position.

About John Deere Landscapes

Deere & Co. isĀ interestedĀ in seeing its customers go to seed and grow. The company, one of the world's largest makers of farm – Read more