John Deere Landscapes Employee Reviews

Rewarding job with team oriented atmosphere
Account Mgr/6 branches (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 30, 2015
John Deere Landscapes afforded me a huge opportunity to enhance my professional skills in the area of sales and increase my monetary value to be able to afford the things I needed and wanted on a personal level.
Pros
Compensation for performance, aided and supported advancement and training, strong relationships with employees and management
Cons
Alot of time spent on the road, long hours, high expectations in regard to sales and yearly budgets
Good place
Customer Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCApril 7, 2016
Great company to work for. They do a great job of creating a supportive environment. Training, compensation, and everything were positives for me.
Steady employment
Customer Service, Account Management (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDDecember 14, 2015
Good company, you really need to want to relocate if you want to be promoted. Its nice to work for a large corporation just for the fact that you know you'll have a check every week.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
some managers were unethical
excellent company to work for
branch manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 1, 2015
i learned a lot by working for this company and i used my skills to open my own irrigation company and became my own boss and was able to a a good year of work but unfortunately in this market work slows down every year.
great company. unsure of employee development
branch manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 5, 2015
want to grow with company but no clear direction for employees. if you are good at what you do it becomes easier to keep you there then move up and replace.
Pros
great people
Cons
professional growth. typically filled outside company.
Diverse
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 16, 2015
This is a diverse workplace. It deals with all types of flowers and trees from all over the world. The only thing about working for a landscaping company is that if there is a water drought you maybe out of a job.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Droughts
productive place to work
Driver and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MADecember 21, 2015
Full time annual lay off driver. Good place to work with good benefits job can be stressful at times but overall good place to work
Pros
decent pay
Cons
stressful at times
Its nice place to work
Dynamics ax technical consultant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 23, 2015
I worked fro this client in implementation of General ledger module for Microsoft dynamics ax 2012 vesion. I also developed new ssrs reports and also involved in the code upgrade and go live support. Its nice place to work and learn new technologies
Loved the contractors
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OregonOctober 7, 2015
Management was the worst. Went through 3 mangers in 4 years. Not a safe location to work at. The contractors were wonderful.
Pros
Wage
teamwork enviroment
General Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJuly 8, 2015
I have worked here a year. I have been getting more responsibilities. It has a good teamwork environment. I have been shown the computer system. I go out on deliveries to customers.
Pros
good hours
Cons
explanations of benefits
Worst company to EVER work for
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 10, 2015
Deere sold this unit to a PE firm that changed out the entire management team that cared about employees. It is now run by Old Castle employees and friends of the new management team. 50% of the prior middle management team were fired or demoted (and this used to be a successful company).

Avoid working at this company at all costs. Cunning but very deceitful.
Pros
deere owned them
Cons
sold their soul to pe and destroyed people
Great place to start
Employee (Current Employee) –  MidwestMarch 9, 2015
Good entry level company, no training set up to help employees. If you are looking to move up within the company, good luck with advancement. College education doesn't carry much weight with upper management. Good place to learn your craft and move on from.
Cons
long hours in peak season
Rude employees
Potential applicant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I called the Fresno, CA location to inquire about a job posting and the woman who answered the phone was extremely rude. She acted as if she had no clue about the job I was referring to and instead of asking for help from a manager she hung up in my face. I didn't even bother to call back.
Awesome comapny
RETAIL SALES ASST. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Franklin tnJune 2, 2015
the company was always clean taken care of and spacious.
Had the equipment to get the job done
awesome people to work with
Pros
Great 401k
Cons
n/a
Good company, unprofessional management though.
Project Services Estimator (Current Employee) –  Estimator IAugust 2, 2014
Overall a good company to work for mostly because of name recognition. There is very little room for advancement and none of the skills used in the job could be applied at any other company or profession. The management conducts themselves in a very unprofessional manner. This comments are only about the Project Services division and not the company as a whole.
Pros
flexible work hours
A productive and fun work experience.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Prosper, TXJune 1, 2014
Directed branch sales and operations, including P&L, accounting, staff hiring/training, inventory control, purchasing, and vendor/customer relations. Identified and pursued new business, maintained relationships with and developed programs for strategic accounts, and coordinated product/service delivery. Negotiated with executive decision makers, including presidents, VPs, CEOs, and business owners, on price points, targeting customer needs, securing business, and establishing partnerships.
Supported a credit department in collecting and maintaining customer account receivable balances.
Fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VaJune 19, 2012
Day starts off with all hands on deck, busiest time of the day. Mostly would be loading businesses trucks with supplies and unloading supply trucks, Operating a forklift and moving pallets around and just keeping the warehouse clean. Management was great to work with. My co workers were awesome great guys with alot of stories to tell. the hardest part of the whole job was having to hand unload two or three full pallets of fertilizer each weighting 50 lbs in a matter of 30 mins. Driving and meeting other co workers at other stores and being able to driver all over for deliveries and pick ups.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits, no paid holidays, no paid vacation, no paid sick days as ft seasonal
Not for active young adults
Project Services Estimator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 29, 2014
This is a 40 hr/week job that requires 100% of the time at a desk looking at 2 computer monitors. I was hoping for more interaction with the public and something a bit more active. This job required no education at all, only someone who can operate a software program and be a slave to a desk all day.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
sitting all day
Typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2013
It was a very fast pace environment, there was never a dull moment. I was constantly learning daily about the different products in the store I wasn't familiar with, such as chemicals and varies of fertilizers. I had awesome co-workers, we all worked all together and always got the job done in a well fashioned manner. The hardest part of the job was probably making sure you're really making sure your customer knows that they're important and feel as if they were not rushed and the result is a happy customer meanwhile dealing with long lines and customers needing to be on a job site in a timely manner. To be accurate, I thoroughly enjoyed my customers the most out of everything at John Deere Landscapes. I knew about half of them from my previous job so it worked out well for myself and the customers. I had the best customers!
Pros
great benefits, good people
Cons
lunch break, management
Fun and Uplifting but detail oriented.
Administrative Assistant/bookkeep (Former Employee) –  Franklin,TNFebruary 3, 2012
This company was wonderful to work with which I learned alot of bookkeeping in the process. The co-workers and manager were all willing to add advice and help to further my training. Im sad it as only a temporary position.
Pros
working in the dirt
Cons
everyone was very friendly