John Deere Landscapes

John Deere Landscapes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst company to EVER work for
Regional Vice President (Current Employee), United StatesFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: deere owned them
Cons: sold their soul to pe and destroyed people
Deere sold this unit to a PE firm that changed out the entire management team that cared about employees. It is now run by Old Castle employees and friends of the new management team. 50% of the prior middle management team were fired or demoted (and this used to be a successful company).

Avoid working at this company at all costs. Cunning but very deceitful.
Large Company good benefits
Branch Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 3, 2015
One of the large company in is field, long hours. Company has great benefits, Customers were great to work with. Overall a good company to work with
Low Pay
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good work life balance.
Cons: low rate of pay, so-so benefits.
The job pays little if more than minimum wage. Co-workers are good people to work with, decent work life balance.
Rude employees
Potential applicant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I called the Fresno, CA location to inquire about a job posting and the woman who answered the phone was extremely rude. She acted as if she had no clue about the job I was referring to and instead of asking for help from a manager she hung up in my face. I didn't even bother to call back.
great place to learn
Driver/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MoDecember 30, 2014
Good place to learn the in's and out's of Irriigation and firt . I also learned how to wait on customers and get them what they need.
Nothing bad about this company
Assistant Regional Buyer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 9, 2014
Great place to work and learn a good deal about the nursery industry.
Great Business-Horrible Upper Management
Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee), Southern CaliforniaOctober 27, 2014
Pros: decent pay, good work hours
Cons: bad business decisions, no ethics, no respect from upper management
Work days were pretty good as long as middle and upper management stayed away. Store management and crew were enjoyable. Middle and upper management show NO ethics or loyalty and concerned themselves with other things. VP and RM encouraged illegal pesticide sales but dodged responsibility with double talk. Company talked "Community Involvement" but only wanted to talk the talk, not walk the walk.They asked individuals to log community volunteer hours so the company would look good but never volunteered company resources or man-hours for community involvement. Good employees were exploited for hard work but if they left the area, nothing was done to help them within the company. VP gave orders subject to his whims, not good business. He inconvenienced customers and lost sales to increase his own personal accounting in the company. Money was wasted in several areas and upper management did nothing to implement cost savings, except to cut man-hours. I understand this was more Southern California as employees I talked to in other parts of the country didn't have a lot of the same concerns as I did.
relaxed atmosphere
CSSR II (Former Employee), Loveland, COAugust 11, 2014
company no longer in business, great job, a lot of responsibility, managed snow plow accounts, purchased nursery stock, made deliveries, designed landscapes.
Good company, unprofessional management though.
Project Services Estimator (Current Employee), Estimator IAugust 2, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Overall a good company to work for mostly because of name recognition. There is very little room for advancement and none of the skills used in the job could be applied at any other company or profession. The management conducts themselves in a very unprofessional manner. This comments are only about the Project Services division and not the company as a whole.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJJuly 3, 2014
This is a great place to work with really good people. Depending what area you work in determines your ability for advancement
A productive and fun work experience.
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Prosper, TXJune 1, 2014
Directed branch sales and operations, including P&L, accounting, staff hiring/training, inventory control, purchasing, and vendor/customer relations. Identified and pursued new business, maintained relationships with and developed programs for strategic accounts, and coordinated product/service delivery. Negotiated with executive decision makers, including presidents, VPs, CEOs, and business owners, on price points, targeting customer needs, securing business, and establishing partnerships.
Supported a credit department in collecting and maintaining customer account receivable balances.
Not for active young adults
Project Services Estimator (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 29, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: sitting all day
This is a 40 hr/week job that requires 100% of the time at a desk looking at 2 computer monitors. I was hoping for more interaction with the public and something a bit more active. This job required no education at all, only someone who can operate a software program and be a slave to a desk all day.
Proffesional and growing company
Area Manager (Former Employee), SE MichiganDecember 16, 2013
Good company to work for! Growth oriented and driven to provide outstanding customer service.
Typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good people
Cons: lunch break, management
It was a very fast pace environment, there was never a dull moment. I was constantly learning daily about the different products in the store I wasn't familiar with, such as chemicals and varies of fertilizers. I had awesome co-workers, we all worked all together and always got the job done in a well fashioned manner. The hardest part of the job was probably making sure you're really making sure your customer knows that they're important and feel as if they were not rushed and the result is a happy customer meanwhile dealing with long lines and customers needing to be on a job site in a timely manner. To be accurate, I thoroughly enjoyed my customers the most out of everything at John Deere Landscapes. I knew about half of them from my previous job so it worked out well for myself and the customers. I had the best customers!
Excellent distributor to the Green Industry
Area Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 14, 2013
Very good at what they do...become a resource to the landscape professional to buy practically any product.

Management is very good - thinking toward the future and allowing the local team to run the day to day.
fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 22, 2013
my work cay was fun and excting i got to meet good people and get paid for doing something i loved
Love it all
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), troy miJuly 9, 2013
Finally a job that has it all. poeple
place
The work is accounting work
not hard not easy but do able

ability to move up is there and the company gives back to you
nice company
Nursery Manager (Former Employee), Keller, TexasMay 29, 2013
Pros: benefits, pto
Cons: family balance, travel
good company, just subject to changing philosophy often..
Family oriented atmosphere
Retail Garden Center Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 8, 2013
Pros: duties were outlined.
Cons: hours were long sometimes.
I enjoyed my time at John Deere Landscapes. Their was a family atmosphere which allowed each employee do his job.
Repetitive work for minimal pay in a miserable ambiance
CLS Designer (Current Employee), Sterling, VAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: paycheck every week, flexible hours, overtime on occasion, casual/semi casual wear
Cons: coworkers, manager
The company in general is great. However, the environment is unprofessional. One coworker is loud, obnoxious and inappropriate while the former manager-turned-coworker does nothing but support this child-like behavior.

The other coworker is pessimistic. Everything is a complaint - life, job, tasks, etc.. When manager, they gave negative feedback/comments.

There are no barriers or cubicles to separate. Also, very little to no growth in this department.

As a first salary job, this was great. The work is easy and passes the time. If there were any other options, though, I would take it.

About John Deere Landscapes

Deere & Co. isĀ interestedĀ in seeing its customers go to seed and grow. The company, one of the world's largest makers of farm – Read more