John Crane Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very rewarding company
PRECISION ASSEMBLER (Current Employee), Morton Grove, ILMarch 17, 2016
Pros: FLEXIBLE DEPT, GOOD CO-WORKERS
Cons: NO CAFETERIA
John crane is a very rewarding company..Good benefits and work hours.John crane has taught me more about the oil refinery business and the committments it make to it customers,subcontractors and employees.
non challening enviroment
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee), Morton Grove, ILMarch 5, 2016
John crane a decent company . Everyone does their job and goes home. There is no real incentive programs or ways to elevate your position. I would like a more challenging enviroment
Sales Driven Large Corporation
2D & 3D CAD Technician (Current Employee), SoutheastFebruary 9, 2016
2D & 3D Design and drafting of Mechanical components
utilizing multiple databases
I learned the ins and out of seal applications
Management was hit or miss. Not very well organized
Small Engineering Dept. with two 30+ years co-workers/ supervisor
Hardest part of my job was understanding the Salesman request while maintaining standards and Engineering Practices
Work Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Experience with clients
Whilst at the company I was working within the Marketing Department. A typical day consited of updating marketing information on the company's intranet. Specifically covering literature updates for numerous products and integrated literature images from associated John Crane global companies. I also help correct the mistakes on their brochures i.e. spelling, images and format.

I learnt that there is more to a company with different departments interweaving with one another, but not just internally, but also inclusive of external specialist companies that help design and print the various brochures. This developed my communicational skills by talking to clients and the various people that deal with projects.

The co-workers in the Marketing Department were great to work with. They helped each other when neccesary and allowed you independece to learn and find your own way to sort things out.

The hardest part of the experience was simply the first hour when I was nerveous and when I was set a new task that with limited experience, but once they had shown and explained the basics I was able to proceed quickly.

The entire 2 weeks that i was there were enjoyable.
productive and good advancement
Warehouse III (Current Employee), Morton Grove, ILMay 11, 2015
There a lot of room to grow for advancement. Benefits are good and management knows how to listen.Job is light and coworkers are fun to work with.
good company
warehouse (Former Employee), Morton Grove, ILMay 5, 2015
al in all good company. great benefits. able to job transfer in multiple departments within the company as well as relocate. dont expect much of a raise for your yearly review . with patience you can go far if u just put your head down and work
good company
Machinist (Former Employee), Grafton, WIMarch 1, 2015
Pros: goo pay and benefits.
Cons: human resources structure
the only issue I ran into was that the corporate structure made things very difficult. The human resources dept. was in another state and not very well organized at the time I was employed there. I was off for 3 days for medical purposes and it took them close to 2 months to get the Ok from corp. for me to come back even though they were busy and when I came back I decided I couldn't stay at a place I could not depend on in these circumstances.
good job environement not to open for change enovation
Machinist (Current Employee), Morton Grove, ILDecember 3, 2014
productive but not room for improvement for someone with my skills and talents although it s a great place to work.they have chances for advancement for entry level machinist me my self i am looking for more of a challenge.i enjoyed training new operators .benefits are fair i have met alot of good people
No motivation to do better
Shop (Former Employee), Deer parkNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: poor pay
Company was bought out by john crane, drastic changes were made . Sick days were taken away reviews were made annually which didn't really matter because you would get a 2% raise if you were doing good and will get the same as the guy next to you that scrapped and was late 3 times a week so there's no motivation to do better . People that have no experience with the product were managing the shop . Quality dropped with time. If you were given a promotion raise it would take up to 8 months to actually get it and be effective . Would not take care of employees that were experienced but yet would hire people that didn't know how to machine at higher pay rate and you would have to train them. If you're lazy and have poor work ethics this is the place to apply because you won't get fired .
laid back environment, low stress level
CNC Machinist (Current Employee), Morton Grove ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: no micro managing, variety of nationalities & cultures
Cons: minimal order variations ( same jobs all the time)
Safety 1st, quality 2nd, and then quantity last . Always seeking methods of improvements for safety, production & employee unity.
Open door policy with management. No concern is insignificant.
John Crane
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Morton Grove, ILSeptember 19, 2014
John Crane is a great place to work. Management is great to work with and provide you the tool in order to complete you job in a safe but efficient manner. The hardest part of my job is learning all the different types of parts that are in inventory.
International work place
Management Accountant (Current Employee), South AfricaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: travel allowance, mediacl aid, pension
Cons: not being able to take leave on an annual basis
I stay ontop of my day to day task. I enjoy the challenge of going to work everyday. I like to be helpfull to my co-workers when they need help. I a confident person and have strong leadership skills. I am respected by my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is dealing with people that procrastinate when I need to meet a dealine. The most enjoyable is completing challenging tasks and projects that were give to me. Overall I am s prositive person to have in the work place.

I am proud working at Johh Crane as it is a dynamic and growing company. I have been at John Crane for 17years with is a testament to my work ethics.
Relaxed, easy to work in atmosphere, terrible compensation
Seal Technician (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXAugust 5, 2014
Pros: easy going work place, great management
Cons: poor compensation
this is a great place for someone to start out in the mechanical field, relaxed work atmosphere even when things are hectic, lenient management, lots to learn, however if you are experienced in mechanics you will not be properly compensated for it.
You do not want to work hear
Mechanical QC/QA Supervisor (Current Employee), BATON ROUGEAugust 3, 2014
you do not want to work hear management is very BAD!!!!! THE HARDES PART OF THE JOB IS DILLING WITH BAD MANAGEMENT AND ON A VANCEMENT
A great company to work at
Master Production Scheduler (Current Employee), Pharr, TXJuly 23, 2014
I have learned a lot of new skills and I have a great relationship with my co-workers.
4 star's are you serious?
Manufacturing (Current Employee), ChicagoJuly 23, 2014
Pros: holiday pay, a/c
Cons: no respect, high insurance, lack of intelligence
Worst company I have ever worked for. I hear is was great about 10 years ago. It is owned by Smiths Group which is U.K. Everyone proceed with caution unless you are British. Let's see first off the managers are way under qualified. You will only recieve a 2% raise a year across the board. So my advice is just relax and take it easy, no need to be a hero. You will not get rewarded for it, trust me. Everyone that made this company are dropping like flies. Might I add no bonuses are giving despite a record breaking year. Someone compaired it to a morgue which is true. You will not advance unless someone dies or retires.
Mechanical Engineering Internship
Mechanical Engineer Intern, Type 28 Gas Seals Unit (Former Employee), Morton Grove, ILJuly 20, 2014
A good company to start up your career, learn different things. But I depends on In which department you work in.
John Crane has good people to work with
Assembly Planner (Former Employee), Morton Grove, ILJune 4, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: too many changes within management
John Crane was a good company to work for. I took care of a certain seal line in my department and was happy doing my work.
Our department was under too many management changes and they decided that I, (together with 11 others), was not need so I was laid off.
I made lots of friends at John Crane. Most of them felt sad when they laid all the people off that day.
I can say the hardest part of the job is when I could not deliver what the customers needed because I was short of component/s to make the seal/s. The most enjoyable is when I make customers happy by shipping the seal/s they need when they had breakdowns. I really made lots of friends when I worked at JCI.
Stable company
Projects Manager (Former Employee), Springs, GPApril 23, 2014
A good stable company with a very strong brand. I enjoyed working here.
Exposure and experience working with the top management
PMO Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2013
It's a temp position where I am paid on an hourly basis although the position was supposed to be temp to hire it's predominantly project based. Overall it has been a good experience and I enjoyed working on a global project.