John Crane Employee Reviews

productive and good advancement
Warehouse III (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILMay 11, 2015
There a lot of room to grow for advancement. Benefits are good and management knows how to listen.Job is light and coworkers are fun to work with.
good company
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILMay 5, 2015
al in all good company. great benefits. able to job transfer in multiple departments within the company as well as relocate. dont expect much of a raise for your yearly review . with patience you can go far if u just put your head down and work
good company
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIMarch 1, 2015
the only issue I ran into was that the corporate structure made things very difficult. The human resources dept. was in another state and not very well organized at the time I was employed there. I was off for 3 days for medical purposes and it took them close to 2 months to get the Ok from corp. for me to come back even though they were busy and when I came back I decided I couldn't stay at a place I could not depend on in these circumstances.
Pros
goo pay and benefits.
Cons
human resources structure
good job environement not to open for change enovation
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILDecember 3, 2014
productive but not room for improvement for someone with my skills and talents although it s a great place to work.they have chances for advancement for entry level machinist me my self i am looking for more of a challenge.i enjoyed training new operators .benefits are fair i have met alot of good people
No motivation to do better
Shop (Former Employee) –  Deer parkNovember 12, 2014
Company was bought out by john crane, drastic changes were made . Sick days were taken away reviews were made annually which didn't really matter because you would get a 2% raise if you were doing good and will get the same as the guy next to you that scrapped and was late 3 times a week so there's no motivation to do better . People that have no experience with the product were managing the shop . Quality dropped with time. If you were given a promotion raise it would take up to 8 months to actually get it and be effective . Would not take care of employees that were experienced but yet would hire people that didn't know how to machine at higher pay rate and you would have to train them. If you're lazy and have poor work ethics this is the place to apply because you won't get fired .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor pay
laid back environment, low stress level
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove ILNovember 11, 2014
Safety 1st, quality 2nd, and then quantity last . Always seeking methods of improvements for safety, production & employee unity.
Open door policy with management. No concern is insignificant.
Pros
no micro managing, variety of nationalities & cultures
Cons
minimal order variations ( same jobs all the time)
John Crane
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILSeptember 19, 2014
John Crane is a great place to work. Management is great to work with and provide you the tool in order to complete you job in a safe but efficient manner. The hardest part of my job is learning all the different types of parts that are in inventory.
International work place
Management Accountant (Current Employee) –  South AfricaSeptember 15, 2014
I stay ontop of my day to day task. I enjoy the challenge of going to work everyday. I like to be helpfull to my co-workers when they need help. I a confident person and have strong leadership skills. I am respected by my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is dealing with people that procrastinate when I need to meet a dealine. The most enjoyable is completing challenging tasks and projects that were give to me. Overall I am s prositive person to have in the work place.

I am proud working at Johh Crane as it is a dynamic and growing company. I have been at John Crane for 17years with is a testament to my work ethics.
Pros
travel allowance, mediacl aid, pension
Cons
not being able to take leave on an annual basis
Relaxed, easy to work in atmosphere, terrible compensation
Seal Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 5, 2014
this is a great place for someone to start out in the mechanical field, relaxed work atmosphere even when things are hectic, lenient management, lots to learn, however if you are experienced in mechanics you will not be properly compensated for it.
Pros
easy going work place, great management
Cons
poor compensation
You do not want to work hear
Mechanical QC/QA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  BATON ROUGEAugust 3, 2014
you do not want to work hear management is very BAD!!!!! THE HARDES PART OF THE JOB IS DILLING WITH BAD MANAGEMENT AND ON A VANCEMENT
A great company to work at
Master Production Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXJuly 23, 2014
I have learned a lot of new skills and I have a great relationship with my co-workers.
4 star's are you serious?
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 23, 2014
Worst company I have ever worked for. I hear is was great about 10 years ago. It is owned by Smiths Group which is U.K. Everyone proceed with caution unless you are British. Let's see first off the managers are way under qualified. You will only recieve a 2% raise a year across the board. So my advice is just relax and take it easy, no need to be a hero. You will not get rewarded for it, trust me. Everyone that made this company are dropping like flies. Might I add no bonuses are giving despite a record breaking year. Someone compaired it to a morgue which is true. You will not advance unless someone dies or retires.
Pros
holiday pay, a/c
Cons
no respect, high insurance, lack of intelligence
Mechanical Engineering Internship
Mechanical Engineer Intern, Type 28 Gas Seals Unit (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILJuly 20, 2014
A good company to start up your career, learn different things. But I depends on In which department you work in.
John Crane has good people to work with
Assembly Planner (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILJune 4, 2014
John Crane was a good company to work for. I took care of a certain seal line in my department and was happy doing my work.
Our department was under too many management changes and they decided that I, (together with 11 others), was not need so I was laid off.
I made lots of friends at John Crane. Most of them felt sad when they laid all the people off that day.
I can say the hardest part of the job is when I could not deliver what the customers needed because I was short of component/s to make the seal/s. The most enjoyable is when I make customers happy by shipping the seal/s they need when they had breakdowns. I really made lots of friends when I worked at JCI.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
too many changes within management
Stable company
Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Springs, GPApril 23, 2014
A good stable company with a very strong brand. I enjoyed working here.
Exposure and experience working with the top management
PMO Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2013
It's a temp position where I am paid on an hourly basis although the position was supposed to be temp to hire it's predominantly project based. Overall it has been a good experience and I enjoyed working on a global project.
Engineering
Commercial Fuels Sales Support (Current Employee) –  ManchesterDecember 1, 2013
A typical day at work is hectic and very busy. I work within the OBM Team and we distribute the days work between each of us. Helping each other out whenever possible. Sharing knowledge and helping with certain Customers. The Team work well together, The hardest part of the Job is ensuring all aspects of the Order Book are given equal amounts of attention and timely manner and correctly. The most enjoyable part of the role is Customer satisfaction. When you know you've gone that extra mile to ensure the Customer is given the Service they should have.
A huge campus with many departments, that have 3 shifts.
Custom nonstandard project coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILSeptember 24, 2013
. I was hired as a temp to shadow board parts for testing (they have over 1,000 different set ups). I also participate and create various items for their Kaizen events.
. What I have learned is to apply my field experience as an auto mechanic to a manufacturing environment.
. My immediate supervisors keep adding odd tasks, to my regular duties, to prolong my stay, until they can place me.
.The majority of my co-workers have worked there for over 15 years.
.The hardest part of my job is, at times finding assistance from the production workers.
. The most enjoyable part of the job is, looking back at the ideas that I have come up with, and still see them still in use and unmodified six months later.
Pros
they don't hesitate to purchase a tool or anything to make things run smooth.
Cons
commuting
Productive and great place to work
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 23, 2013
Typical day at work involved customer relations and accuracy relating to worldwide dissemination of products. I learned many aspects of the oil and gas industry. My co-workers were incredible machinists and engineers of their field. I enjoyed my job, because it was extremely challenging and very fast paced.
Pros
clean and safe atmosphere.
Cons
standing on cement floors
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  SloughSeptember 4, 2013
Working with some smart like minded people who want to constantly improve performance of the product