John Abbott College Employee Reviews

Dont get sick
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC10 January 2017
Administration is not supportive if you get sick for more than a short time. You are left to figure things out on your own, or have to reach out to the union for support.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
administration that doesnt care about its eployees
Incredibly fun work and learning experience at John Abbott College
Calculus & Physics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 December 2016
A typical day at work would be waking up early in the morning and join the international students that take part of the international students' program to help them to know their way through Montreal and show them how things work in college. My co-workers were all nice and had the priority of giving an environment of respect and simplicity for the students. The hardest part of the job was to give nothing but the best service to the students, but at the same time, it was this what made this job very satisfying. I learned how to communicate with people that are having troubles with a new environment and to be patient. I also improved my social skills and felt glad that I had the chance to help a lot of people during their new experience.
Excellent
Physics' Tutor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 December 2016
They give students a great pay that allows them to focus on school. The hours fit well within our schedule and are not too strenuous. Interactions with students were always interesting, with questions that challenged tutors to reflect deeply on their material.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive, fun workplace
Student Helper (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC28 June 2016
This was an interesting job, everyday that I came in to work there was always something new to do. Most of the time it is the same thing but done in different ways. It kept me on my toes since I never knew what to expect. Everyone was nice and kind and if something were to come up and you were unable to make it then there is no problem.
Pros
fun, interesting
Cons
chaotic at times, at time too many people taking charge
Good environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 May 2016
and decent pay. Gave me the opportunity to learn better methods of communicating my knowledge. The hardest part of the job is probably the challenge of communicating your ideas to the person you are teaching. Not everyone has the same ability to grasp different topics, making the experience different from one student to the next.
Great place to work awesome people
Special Education Technician (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2015
Good place to work, lots of room to grow and develop. Many different positions available. Good benefits, good pay scale
Friendly, efficient, calm
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Saint Anne de Bellevue, Quebec3 March 2015
A friendly and efficient environment to work in. Management is helpful and kind and do their utmost to make you comfortable. The environment and building is beautiful and spacious. Students are eager to learn and well - mannered.
job security
Professor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 July 2014
I have been involved in developing curriculum and teaching within an esteemed Canadian vocational college (John Abbott College, Montreal, Quebec). I am teaching various courses which include both theory (lectures in class) and hands on work in a state of the art pilot-scale manufacturing laboratory.
Great part-time job for students
Student Technician (Ceramics) (Former Employee) –  Sainte-anne-de-bellevue, QC30 June 2014
I worked here for 2 semesters as a student technician. I learned a lot and I developed a critical eye for details and design. Great paying job to think that I am just a regular student. The experience was the special part of this job. it could be tough at times especially during the end of each semester but everything in it was worthwhile.
Pros
professional staff
Cons
n/a
Reasonable hours
Head Coach Men's Basketball (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2014
The hours were flexible, and gave me the freedom to have a balance family life.