Joey's Only Seafood Restaurant Employee Reviews

At the end of the day, it's like home. And home, is where the heart is.
General Manager & Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 23, 2016
Working at Joeys has been ups and downs - a lot of both really. I more often than not put Joeys before myself & my personal life. There was so much room for personal and professional growth there I think that's why I thrived. It's set me up for my future pretty darn good. Small enough to know everyone, big enough to see someone different everyday. It's literally like my family, I love the staff and the work I did there. I miss it everyday!
Pros
Amazing Co-workers, Regulars, Decent shifts, Steady work
Cons
High stress
Great Work Environment
Casheir and Cook (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 5, 2016
I spent many years working for Joey's Only Seafood Restaurant the owners and staff were always there to lend a helping hand with anything I needed
Pros
work around your schedual
Good place to work overall.
sous chef (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2015
Very good hours and easy to get along well with fellow co workers. The pay was average and was overall a good place to work for someone who wants to be making money while still in high school.
Good learning experience in waitressing/serving.
Moose Jaw-Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKMarch 31, 2015
Overall good experience building relationships with co-workers and/or customers. Part-time work during high school, it was definitely a learning experience for me and my first experience with waitressing/customer service.
dominos pizza
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONSeptember 11, 2014
enjoyed working there very nice place to work and nice environment
Fun place to work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJuly 31, 2014
Was a good environment to work in. Customers became regulars so you got to know a lot of them. Everyone helped each other. Tips were good.
Productive environment for improving experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AlbertaJune 29, 2014
A typical day at work had been for the most part busy, there was mostly always a task to be done be it cleaning the kitchen area, preparing daily foods and cooking, I learned how to better myself as a team player as well as a better cook.The owners seemed to care a great deal about the restaurant, management was solid for the most part and my co workers were most of the time as enthusiastic as i was, i seemed to get along with everyone.The hardest part of working at joeys was the winter months we recently had, the weather had people not visiting as much on weekdays as we were used to, it was a struggle to be as productive, which isn't exactly hard but it is the only down side to the job i could think of. The most enjoyable part of working at joeys the food, learning a new method to cooking i hadn't known before all the time honing in my skills as a cook in future careers, maybe even a chef.
Pros
cooking experience, team work experience
Cons
short days not enough hours to give
Friendly and welcomingly restaurant with really fun decorations.
Hostess and Busser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2014
The people who work in this restaurant are very friendly and easy to talk to and will handle all issues with tact. I think the most enjoyable part of this job is meeting all the fun people who work there because they are just so sociable and down-to-earth.
Fun and quick paced environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJuly 26, 2012
A typical day at work always includes dealing with people. I learned to serve fish and chips to regular customers. The management were friendly and worked well with their employees. The hardest part of the job was during slow periods; however when hungry customers came by that made up for the slack. Overall it's a great place to start a career in the food industry.
Joey's Only Seafood Restaurant
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONJuly 2, 2012
I have worked for three years with Joey's as a Line Cook, as part of a hardworking team that supports a friendly and productive environment.

I have worked in all areas from kitchen to building maintenance, when needed I have assisted in other positions such as with events and large bookings, and servers when needed.