JOE FRESH Employee Reviews

Fun Staff to work with
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON11 February 2017
Everyone is helpful and flexible with their schedules at Joe Fresh. There is always someone willing to help you out if you're in a situation that requires help or switching shifts etc.
Pros
Shift work allows you to have days off during the week
Cons
Not busy enough, day feels to long
Awesome Team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2017
A typical day at work would begin with our huddle, this is when the manager spoke to the new employees that clocked in, about the day and how everything is going so far and then we would take our places, whether we were on cash, fitting rooms or kids. We always rotated. I learned how to speak professionally with costumers. I learned how to wash clothing according to their material. I loved the management, but there was no clear communication between manager and employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in and seeing everyone smile. Everybody always smiled in the store. We were one big happy family.
Pros
Great teamwork, good benefits, great place to learn new things, diversity.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
PR and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
Joe Fresh is a great place to work with much opportunity for growth. It is a fast paced environment that develops each individual into the best worker they can be.
good
Clerk (Former Employee) –  8th Street28 December 2016
few schedules but good management. i learned how to manage and handle the til. the management is good as shes approachable and accommodating. co-workers are very diverse which is good.
Pros
good management
Cons
few schedule
Easy , fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON15 December 2016
good place to work , stable hours , finished shifts on time ,and group benefits were good , sometimes they did cut hours so you can go from 28 hours a week to like 12 the next
Pros
benefits, good hours
Cons
sometimes you can only get all closing shifts, a little bit disorganized
Great supervisor!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 December 2016
Joe Fresh offers a wide variety of clothing but the focus is overall more run-way style; very European. Amazing prices and deals, shopping is easy if you are willing to try on item outside of your comfort zone.
Pros
Decent discount IF you worked in one associated with a Real Canadian Superstore
Cons
Not competitive pay and varying hours.
Fun Place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2016
Great place, slower environment and lots of detail to fashion. Great team and smaller staff but really a family environment that I created in store. Wonderful place and company
Fun and friendly with variety of tasks to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 July 2016
Fun and welcoming workplace with a fast pace environment. Management good with scheduling. Could have trained me more before starting.
Good first job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2016
when i worked here i was young. it instills great ethics into its employees especially the importance of fast pace. No one starts working here and is a slow worker and survives.
enjoyable
Clothing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 May 2016
Working a Joe fresh has help me with creating more of sense pride in my work and appearance. It made me proud of my work and job. Joe fresh help me create more efficient skills like helped me work better under pressure in a fast paced environment. It also created made me proud of my work. It help me create relationship with regular consumers in which help me create good working environment.
Pros
enjoyable, friendly, fastpaced
Cons
long hours, standing feet for hours on end.
Cool place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 April 2016
Loved my co-workers, management was not good except for one particular person. Pay was decent once you advanced a bit, and advancement was fairly easy. Job could get super slow and boring, and had the same negatives as any retail job.
A decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2016
Joe Fresh is a very large store depending on where you work ( its either in a mall or Superstore).

If you are a sales associate there tends to be less social interaction besides the occasional customer because you are working in your assigned "ZONE" alone . Your mostly cleaning and organizing your "ZONE" or area where you work .
Pros
Sometimes free timmies
Cons
Sometimes have to stay late
Safe, friendly and productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2016
A typical day at work tends to involve working on cash. I enjoy the interaction with customers so this is generally my time to interact and communicate with customers. Many employees have their set jobs based on their skills and experience working for the company. The majority of what I have learned is from the company itself and what Joe Fresh has to offer to its customers. My co-workers are all very friendly and committed to improving the atmosphere and shopping experience for our customers. I have a close relationship with my managers and am able to trust that they have my best interest. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people look and feel great about themselves and their purchases and the social interaction/ relationship building that comes along with getting to know the customer while adjusting to their needs and wants. The hardest part of the job would be occasional customers having an uncivilized attitude but handling those situations professionally definitely makes the challenges of retail a learning experience.
Pros
Relationship building among customers
Cons
Lack of challenges
Great customers
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2016
All around a very unorganized place to work, constant upper and lower management changes to be made, no consistency, poor production and management. Rarely felt appreciated and valued. I noticed I dealt with stress much better than any manager and was attentive to my staff and always reliable, I handled every situation thrown at me fairly and efficiently. I always proved to have excellent drive and enthusiasm on the job, never a dull moment. The fantastic customers always kept me going.
Pros
customers
Cons
management
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2015
A typical day at Joe used to be great for me. Learnt a lot about fashion, how visual merchandising is done, how everyday there used to be a sales target, learnt various things from own experience with customers and colleagues. Management is good. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was physical pain which used to occur at times. It is a fashion retail, helping out customers was most enjoyable part.
Pros
Good work environment, occasionally free snacks and desserts.
Cons
Too strict
Enjoy working at Joe Fresh
Apparel Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 August 2015
I enjoy working at Joe Fresh especially with my customers.
They are reason I love working at Joe Fresh. I love meeting and working with new people so this environment is great for me. I've learned a lot at this job especially realizing I like working with people. Management is great but needs to improve people skills so as customers will not be afraid to approach.
Very friendly and and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 April 2015
Management was very understanding as well and well organized and the staff was great to work with. It was busy and helped me improve my communication skills as well a better understanding of what customer service actually is.
Productive fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 April 2015
an energetic place to work in, task always provided when you came in , customer service was always put first. Employee's were always upbeat, managers delegated task accordingly.
What i do at work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Ottawa24 March 2015
• Organized and handled the new stock received
• Responsible for answering calls, directing customers to the right department and resolving any issues that might arise.
• Resolved customer complaints by listening attentively to their needs and concerns, providing a solutions that
Addressed their concerns, and educating customers on store policies.
• Assisted coworkers when needed to help complete tasks.
• Helped with ticketing and markdowns of products as well as handling and receiving of new merchandise.
• Gained broad knowledge or products and services offered at Target to better serve customer enhance customer experience.
• Guided customers and helped them find what they desired

I enjoy woking with being, and leaning new things
Pros
working with amazing people
Cons
n/a
It was a pleasant exerience working at Joe Fresh
Sales Asscociate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2015
The management was friendly, the work environment was safe and healthy. The salary helped me with my post secondary fees. It was a fun and enjoyable time at Joe Fresh also, educational and experience worthy.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
short lunch, short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JOE FRESH. Our community is ready to answer.