JOE FRESH Employee Reviews in Canada

A decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
Joe Fresh is a very large store depending on where you work ( its either in a mall or Superstore).

If you are a sales associate there tends to be less social interaction besides the occasional customer because you are working in your assigned "ZONE" alone . Your mostly cleaning and organizing your "ZONE" or area where you work .
Pros
Sometimes free timmies
Cons
Sometimes have to stay late
Great customers
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 17, 2016
All around a very unorganized place to work, constant upper and lower management changes to be made, no consistency, poor production and management. Rarely felt appreciated and valued. I noticed I dealt with stress much better than any manager and was attentive to my staff and always reliable, I handled every situation thrown at me fairly and efficiently. I always proved to have excellent drive and enthusiasm on the job, never a dull moment. The fantastic customers always kept me going.
Pros
customers
Cons
management
Cool place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 27, 2016
Loved my co-workers, management was not good except for one particular person. Pay was decent once you advanced a bit, and advancement was fairly easy. Job could get super slow and boring, and had the same negatives as any retail job.
Good first job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 14, 2016
when i worked here i was young. it instills great ethics into its employees especially the importance of fast pace. No one starts working here and is a slow worker and survives.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
A typical day at Joe used to be great for me. Learnt a lot about fashion, how visual merchandising is done, how everyday there used to be a sales target, learnt various things from own experience with customers and colleagues. Management is good. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was physical pain which used to occur at times. It is a fashion retail, helping out customers was most enjoyable part.
Pros
Good work environment, occasionally free snacks and desserts.
Cons
Too strict
Safe, friendly and productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at work tends to involve working on cash. I enjoy the interaction with customers so this is generally my time to interact and communicate with customers. Many employees have their set jobs based on their skills and experience working for the company. The majority of what I have learned is from the company itself and what Joe Fresh has to offer to its customers. My co-workers are all very friendly and committed to improving the atmosphere and shopping experience for our customers. I have a close relationship with my managers and am able to trust that they have my best interest. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people look and feel great about themselves and their purchases and the social interaction/ relationship building that comes along with getting to know the customer while adjusting to their needs and wants. The hardest part of the job would be occasional customers having an uncivilized attitude but handling those situations professionally definitely makes the challenges of retail a learning experience.
Pros
Relationship building among customers
Cons
Lack of challenges
Enjoy working at Joe Fresh
Apparel Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 5, 2015
I enjoy working at Joe Fresh especially with my customers.
They are reason I love working at Joe Fresh. I love meeting and working with new people so this environment is great for me. I've learned a lot at this job especially realizing I like working with people. Management is great but needs to improve people skills so as customers will not be afraid to approach.
What i do at work
Sales (Current Employee) –  OttawaMarch 24, 2015
• Organized and handled the new stock received
• Responsible for answering calls, directing customers to the right department and resolving any issues that might arise.
• Resolved customer complaints by listening attentively to their needs and concerns, providing a solutions that
Addressed their concerns, and educating customers on store policies.
• Assisted coworkers when needed to help complete tasks.
• Helped with ticketing and markdowns of products as well as handling and receiving of new merchandise.
• Gained broad knowledge or products and services offered at Target to better serve customer enhance customer experience.
• Guided customers and helped them find what they desired

I enjoy woking with being, and leaning new things
Pros
working with amazing people
Cons
n/a
Very friendly and and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 10, 2015
Management was very understanding as well and well organized and the staff was great to work with. It was busy and helped me improve my communication skills as well a better understanding of what customer service actually is.
Best part is helping customers. I am definatley a people person,
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONNovember 5, 2014
My duties at Joe Fresh are to provide exceptional Customer Service.
I work on Cash, Sales Associate and also in the fitting room where I provide advice and create outfits for customers.

I maintain the store to its standards. Mark down merchandise when needed. Replenish merchandise.

I am definatly a team player and if a co-worker needs my help I am always willing to help.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making a customer happy!
Pros
working with customers and providing assistance with thier needs.
Cons
minimum wage, working until 5. i need to pick up my kids from school.
It was a pleasant exerience working at Joe Fresh
Sales Asscociate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2015
The management was friendly, the work environment was safe and healthy. The salary helped me with my post secondary fees. It was a fun and enjoyable time at Joe Fresh also, educational and experience worthy.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short lunch, short breaks
Was a fun environment
Supervising Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 2, 2014
There was always alot of work to be done on the floor and the warehouse. Always folding and hanging clothes to keep the store looking great, Always cleaning.
The staff was always nice to work with, and the managers were a little tough on us to keep up the daily routines and to maintain a good working environment.
Pros
happy employees
Cons
boss was a little uptight at times.
Productive fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 5, 2015
an energetic place to work in, task always provided when you came in , customer service was always put first. Employee's were always upbeat, managers delegated task accordingly.
Not anymore
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  VancouverNovember 8, 2014
This was my first job into clothing retail. I've been in retail for over a decade. The management is uncaring and often times inappropriate. I was not able to stretch my operational muscles due to the over controlling behaviour of the store manager.

The best part was the co-workers. The friendships that grew from that were priceless.
Great place to gain retail experience.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2014
- Working on the floor greeting customers and maintaing product displays or helping customers try on clothing in the fitting room.

- Further solidified my retail skills.

- Management needs to better communicate and coordinate with the staff regarding scheduling and be more encouraging.

- Very friendly and helpful co-workers.

- Closing the store and making sure it meets management's standards.

- Communicating with customers and helping them find what they are looking for.
Pros
nice co-workers and employee discount.
Cons
management communication, pay.
A productive environment where I learned and gained all my experiences from
Customer Service/Cashier (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
I learned most of my customer service skills at home, school, and community. Having to work as a cashier/sales associate gave me the chance to open my mind more in the outside world of customer service. It is also an self-esteem and confidence booster.
Pros
the fun experience you may have in the environment.
Cons
some customers may have a uncivilized attitude.
Fun and exciting place to work
Lead Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJanuary 29, 2014
I can truly recommend Joe Fresh as a great place to work.
I thoroughly enjoyed dealing with parents of children.
I worked in the children's department and it was a lot of fun meeting
all the age groups of children.
My satisfaction was being able to find what parents were looking for.
I enjoyed setting up displays and color coding.
It was a extremely busy department and very challenging at times.
I thoroughly enjoyed working there.
Pros
good discounts on clothing for yourself
Cons
not enough hours to compensate for the week
Very safe and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 25, 2013
Joe Fresh is a company which it's team respects each other, I was very proud to be part of that team. I gained many different types of skills from. Management are very straight and top of their company they know what they need to do in order to make this company a great work place environment for other co-workers. At times, the hardest part of the job was managerial duties this can sometimes be over whelming as managers have big responsibilities.
Pros
decent lunch hours
Cons
long work hours
Great retail experience.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioJanuary 17, 2013
I was given the chance to interact with customers on personal level and was able to provide them with the help they needed.
I learned how to stock clothing from new shipments, how to fold clothing in various ways, how to manage a fitting room followed by run backs and how to cash out customers. I met countless great co-workers who were fun and had amazing personalities. The hardest part about the job was cleaning the store after the end of the night. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn new skills, meet new people and being able to provide great customer service.
Friendly workplace high energy
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2013
Joe fresh is a great company to be a part of.
everyone is very friendly and loves their job.
we all communicate a lot on a daily basis while on the job in order to work amazing as a team.
most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and making them happy with a purchase
Pros
very great with the schedule
Cons
lots of cleaning involved but its part of the job