JOE FRESH Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Cool place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 27, 2016
Loved my co-workers, management was not good except for one particular person. Pay was decent once you advanced a bit, and advancement was fairly easy. Job could get super slow and boring, and had the same negatives as any retail job.
A decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
Pros: Sometimes free timmies
Cons: Sometimes have to stay late
Joe Fresh is a very large store depending on where you work ( its either in a mall or Superstore).

If you are a sales associate there tends to be less social interaction besides the occasional customer because you are working in your assigned "ZONE" alone . Your mostly cleaning and organizing your "ZONE" or area where you work .
Safe, friendly and productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Relationship building among customers
Cons: Lack of challenges
A typical day at work tends to involve working on cash. I enjoy the interaction with customers so this is generally my time to interact and communicate with customers. Many employees have their set jobs based on their skills and experience working for the company. The majority of what I have learned is from the company itself and what Joe Fresh has to offer to its customers. My co-workers are all very friendly and committed to improving the atmosphere and shopping experience for our customers. I have a close relationship with my managers and am able to trust that they have my best interest. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people look and feel great about themselves and their purchases and the social interaction/ relationship building that comes along with getting to know the customer while adjusting to their needs and wants. The hardest part of the job would be occasional customers having an uncivilized attitude but handling those situations professionally definitely makes the challenges of retail a learning experience.
Great customers
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: customers
Cons: management
All around a very unorganized place to work, constant upper and lower management changes to be made, no consistency, poor production and management. Rarely felt appreciated and valued. I noticed I dealt with stress much better than any manager and was attentive to my staff and always reliable, I handled every situation thrown at me fairly and efficiently. I always proved to have excellent drive and enthusiasm on the job, never a dull moment. The fantastic customers always kept me going.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Good work environment, occasionally free snacks and desserts.
Cons: Too strict
A typical day at Joe used to be great for me. Learnt a lot about fashion, how visual merchandising is done, how everyday there used to be a sales target, learnt various things from own experience with customers and colleagues. Management is good. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was physical pain which used to occur at times. It is a fashion retail, helping out customers was most enjoyable part.
Enjoy working at Joe Fresh
Apparel Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 5, 2015
I enjoy working at Joe Fresh especially with my customers.
They are reason I love working at Joe Fresh. I love meeting and working with new people so this environment is great for me. I've learned a lot at this job especially realizing I like working with people. Management is great but needs to improve people skills so as customers will not be afraid to approach.
Very friendly and and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 10, 2015
Management was very understanding as well and well organized and the staff was great to work with. It was busy and helped me improve my communication skills as well a better understanding of what customer service actually is.
Productive fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 5, 2015
an energetic place to work in, task always provided when you came in , customer service was always put first. Employee's were always upbeat, managers delegated task accordingly.
What i do at work
Sales (Current Employee), OttawaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: working with amazing people
Cons: n/a
• Organized and handled the new stock received
• Responsible for answering calls, directing customers to the right department and resolving any issues that might arise.
• Resolved customer complaints by listening attentively to their needs and concerns, providing a solutions that
Addressed their concerns, and educating customers on store policies.
• Assisted coworkers when needed to help complete tasks.
• Helped with ticketing and markdowns of products as well as handling and receiving of new merchandise.
• Gained broad knowledge or products and services offered at Target to better serve customer enhance customer experience.
• Guided customers and helped them find what they desired

I enjoy woking with being, and leaning new things
It was a pleasant exerience working at Joe Fresh
Sales Asscociate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short lunch, short breaks
The management was friendly, the work environment was safe and healthy. The salary helped me with my post secondary fees. It was a fun and enjoyable time at Joe Fresh also, educational and experience worthy.
Was a fun environment
Supervising Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 2, 2014
Pros: happy employees
Cons: boss was a little uptight at times.
There was always alot of work to be done on the floor and the warehouse. Always folding and hanging clothes to keep the store looking great, Always cleaning.
The staff was always nice to work with, and the managers were a little tough on us to keep up the daily routines and to maintain a good working environment.
Not anymore
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), VancouverNovember 8, 2014
This was my first job into clothing retail. I've been in retail for over a decade. The management is uncaring and often times inappropriate. I was not able to stretch my operational muscles due to the over controlling behaviour of the store manager.

The best part was the co-workers. The friendships that grew from that were priceless.
Best part is helping customers. I am definatley a people person,
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 5, 2014
Pros: working with customers and providing assistance with thier needs.
Cons: minimum wage, working until 5. i need to pick up my kids from school.
My duties at Joe Fresh are to provide exceptional Customer Service.
I work on Cash, Sales Associate and also in the fitting room where I provide advice and create outfits for customers.

I maintain the store to its standards. Mark down merchandise when needed. Replenish merchandise.

I am definatly a team player and if a co-worker needs my help I am always willing to help.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making a customer happy!
productive and fun place to work
Apparel Clerk (Current Employee), Peterborough, OntarioMay 22, 2014
Friendly customers day in and day out! Management is amazing and understanding. Overall a great place to work.
Decent workplace
Part- time sales associate (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCMarch 27, 2014
Overall, Joe Fresh (in Superstore, North Vancouver Branch) is a decent place to work in. Although the manager is quite frustrating and they do not communicate much with their employees, the schedule is consistent every week. I do not mind working here due to the benefits and the colleagues.
A productive environment where I learned and gained all my experiences from
Customer Service/Cashier (Part Time) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: the fun experience you may have in the environment.
Cons: some customers may have a uncivilized attitude.
I learned most of my customer service skills at home, school, and community. Having to work as a cashier/sales associate gave me the chance to open my mind more in the outside world of customer service. It is also an self-esteem and confidence booster.
Great place to gain retail experience.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers and employee discount.
Cons: management communication, pay.
- Working on the floor greeting customers and maintaing product displays or helping customers try on clothing in the fitting room.

- Further solidified my retail skills.

- Management needs to better communicate and coordinate with the staff regarding scheduling and be more encouraging.

- Very friendly and helpful co-workers.

- Closing the store and making sure it meets management's standards.

- Communicating with customers and helping them find what they are looking for.
Great work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Every day was different and fun. My co-workers were great people to work with. It was a fun environment.
Fun and exciting place to work
Lead Representative (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good discounts on clothing for yourself
Cons: not enough hours to compensate for the week
I can truly recommend Joe Fresh as a great place to work.
I thoroughly enjoyed dealing with parents of children.
I worked in the children's department and it was a lot of fun meeting
all the age groups of children.
My satisfaction was being able to find what parents were looking for.
I enjoyed setting up displays and color coding.
It was a extremely busy department and very challenging at times.
I thoroughly enjoyed working there.
Very safe and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 25, 2013
Pros: decent lunch hours
Cons: long work hours
Joe Fresh is a company which it's team respects each other, I was very proud to be part of that team. I gained many different types of skills from. Management are very straight and top of their company they know what they need to do in order to make this company a great work place environment for other co-workers. At times, the hardest part of the job was managerial duties this can sometimes be over whelming as managers have big responsibilities.