The Intermediate Mechanical Engineer is responsible for contributing to the design and development and maintenance of new and existing products at Jodale Perry. The Intermediate Mechanical Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager.
Duties & Necessary Skills include:
- Participate in the management of Design/Development projects.
- Set appropriate priorities and manage time effectively.
- Interact with Vendors and OEM customers to resolve engineering issues.
- Analyze requirements, perform calculations as required to select and/or size components.
- Experience in performing FEA &/or interpreting FEA results an asset.
- Develop and maintain accurate of Bills of Materials, drawings, CAD models.
- Generate 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Oversee the manufacturing and assembly of prototypes.
- Oversee testing and reporting according to relevant standards.
- Implement design changes according to standard Engineering Change Order procedures.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- 5 to 10 years experience in a Mechanical Engineering (design) role.
- Some project management experience in a product development environment.
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language.
- Experience with Creo (formerly Pro-E) or equivalent software.
- Ability to travel within Canada and the United States and hold valid drivers license.
- Experience in design of rolled tubing, sheet metal, weldments, glass and thermoformed parts.
- B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Salary will be negotiated based on experience and will be reviewed during the interview process. Please note that this position may be located in Morden, MB or Winnipeg, MB or may be eligible for work from home depending on the candidate selected.
We appreciate all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted