Human Resources Administrator
(One-year F/T Maternity Leave contract position – based in Newmarket
with travel to North Toronto and throughout York and Peel Regions)
Job Skills, a non-profit, community-based employment and training agency, began offering employment training in northern York Region in 1988. The organization is dedicated to enhancing people’s capacity to participate in the labour market, thereby contributing to the economic and social viability of our community.
Today, the Agency provides Employment, Newcomer and Business Services and Programs in York Region, Dufferin, Halton, Peel and Toronto. Job Skills has expanded over the years and currently maintains locations in Keswick, Newmarket, Markham, Mississauga, Brampton, and North York. More than 25,000 individuals are served annually.
The Human Resources Administrator leads the day-to-day operational activities in the Human Resources department. S/he is responsible for maintaining the HRIS, all aspects of recruitment, hiring, retention and exits, and facilitates good employee relations which are in line with the organization’s strategic goals.
Office Administration/Personnel Policies Maintenance
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws (ESA, OHSA, Human Rights Code, AODA, etc.), industry trends, practices, and developments regarding Human Resources that may affect the organization and advise management and staff accordingly to insure organization's compliance
- Maintain Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and confidential personnel files in hard and softcopy
- Produce, analyze and prepare all personnel/human resources reports as required
- Maintain, recommend changes to, update, and publish Personnel Policies as needed
- Ensure that the Personnel Policy, staff manuals and other related information are current and centralized with constant review
- Provide guidance and support to Directors and Managers with employee relations
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all personnel actions, organizational plans and other items
- Communicate changes in organization’s personnel policies and procedures and insure proper compliance is followed
- Guide staff with respect to all HR related functions, policies, and procedures
Recruitment and Selection
- Lead full-cycle recruitment activities which includes but is not limited to: the development of job descriptions, job postings, pre-screening of applicant resumes, preparing interview questions, conducting interviews, performing reference checks on selected candidates, making job offers, writing rejection letters
- Conduct new hire orientations, including conditions of employment, company policies and information important to the integration of the employee
- Coordinate and/or conducts exit interviews
- Manage and enhance the Performance Evaluation Review process and forms
- Identify Professional Development Needs, recommend, evaluate, and participate in staff developmental training
- Lead the coordination of the Staff Recognition Program
- Attend staff meetings and participate in reporting and decision-making as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Certified Human Resources Professional designation (CHRP)
- Minimum 1-2 years of Human Resources experience
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws (ESA, OHSA, Human Rights Code, AODA, etc.), industry trends, practices, and developments regarding Human Resources
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience in the non-profit industry would be an asset
- Strong presentation skills and experience in conducting orientation/on-boarding
- In depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Detailed orientated with excellent follow up skills
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS/HRMS) experience
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Has structured, clear and concise oral and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas effectively and to document activities and to influence others through positive and negative circumstances
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Projects a positive attitude, respects others and develops/maintains productive working relationships even when difficult situations appear
- High level of energy, a positive attitude with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team
- Self-directed, results-oriented team player
- Innovative and creative
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in working with people from various cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- Flexibility in workplace days and hours is required
- All candidates must have a valid Driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle as frequent travel may be required
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please indicate the position title in the Email subject line.
Job Skills embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Apply by E-mail to:
P.O. Box 34, 130 Davis Drive, Unit 14
Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1
Indeed - 14 months ago
Job Skills, a non-profit, community-based employment and training agency, began offering employment training in northern York Region in...