(F/T contract based in Newmarket - 18 hours/week accounting clerk & 17 hours/week Reception)
The Accounting Clerk/Receptionist provides support to the Finance Department and provides reception and administrative support for the day-to-day activities at Job Skills’ Head Office.
- Control and match invoices with purchase orders
- Code invoices to program budget lines
- Enter invoices and process Accounts Payable
- Process Travel Expense Claims
- Control and manage Petty Cash
- Ensure prompt handling of cash receipts for bank deposits
- Enter cash receipts into general ledger
- Create and maintain new Accounts Payable files
- File invoices
- Assist with general accounting duties as assigned
- Answer telephone and follows standard telephone protocol
- Follow standard procedures for receiving and directing calls and handling walk-in clients
- Greet persons entering Head Office
- Deal with queries from the public and clients
- Maintain the administrative binder with current information
- Liaise with companies/suppliers providing service to the office, such as Canada Post, courier services, office supplies provider, office cleaners etc.
- Process correspondence, send faxes, pick up and distribute mail
- Handle all purchase order requests according to Job Skills’ finance policies
- Manage work day to allow time for clerical support functions
- Provide general administrative support for Head Office
- Assist with other administrative duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or 1-2 years’ experience in accounting
- A minimum of one year experience in reception/administrative functions
- Experience with budgets and A/P
- Knowledge of on-line banking functions
- Experience in QuickBooks accounting system is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working with people from various cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Superior oral and written communication skills including an excellent telephone manner
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Motivated team player with positive personality.
Job Skills embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
130 Davis Drive, Unit 14
Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1