JLL

JLL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
JLL mgmt
Manager (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 24, 2015
Pros: strong proprietary software
Cons: Management and teams are not a positive culture
The JLL culture is a bit toxic. Its more about stepping on others rather than promoting peers.

You will learn some positive things like a strong proprietary software system. Most of the people are smart and knowledgeable.

The culture of course is challenging and demanding - which I thrive in. The hr system is a bit flawed as both of our manager were never on site - out of the Chicago office, and both were moved or terminated after 6 months.

Culturally it is pretty toxic. my performance scores were excellent but decided to move on. For those of us that don't participate in gossip and backstabbing it is a struggle to keep you sanity. My career was going in the right direction at JLL but I decided to move to a more positive culture. Life is too short.
Intern in Project Development and Services
Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 1, 2015
Duties:
• Assisted with a range of activities, including renovation projects and new business opportunities
• Performed zoning analysis in urban areas and small towns for potential sites
• Analyzed cost and bid leveling for various projects
• Organized research materials for current and potential projects
• Event planning assistance
platform for innovatives ideas
Technical Executive (Current Employee), Pune, MHApril 12, 2015
Our Co-workers are skilled one so they are helpful.

Management team is supportive.

Learned management skills how to handle client & vendors.

provided guidance to security, Housekeeping & technical staff for smooth operations
overall ok workplace
jr. fire officer (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRMarch 31, 2015
Pros: mobile allowance
it is a good company, the working condition is also good. the company management is also good. co workers is in friendly nature
Review of JLL
Product Specialist, Implementation Team (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: sub-par managers
I was with JLL for almost 10 years and the company was good with life/work balance for the most part. However, my departure from my current position was far less than acceptable. I was a veteran employee and I was treated more like an outsider upon termination. For one of the "best places to work for", it was a real disappointment.
good company but poor management
Performance Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
good company, work life balance is a priority for them. But they are not leading edge technology and they lack effective managers.
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
Lots of coaching and mentoring available internally. many employee resource groups to guide you. Ability to move from one position to another.
Standard corporate office culture.
Lease Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: growing company, lots of potential in brokerage.
Cons: healthcare is very expensive based on what you receive in return, position can be very repetitive and not very rewarding on a consistent basis.
JLL is not a bad place if you're looking to get in the CREIB industry. As a lease analyst, there is a lot of paperwork involved and can be repetitive, but is a good jumping off point. Recommended that you attempt getting in to brokerage, as that's where the highest level of satisfaction seems to come from.
Constantly changing and never a dull moment
Asst. Property Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2015
As the building manager for 260K sq feet of Class A office space in downtown Boston, I have learned that Property Management requires an understanding in many different areas from building operations to financial budgeting/ accounting skills to lease/contract negotiation. There is never a dull moment as each day can bring new challenges and I feel that I am always learning something new. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and sound decision making are essential to success in this industry. I work with an amazing building team who are supportive to each other and work well together to achieve common objectives.
Good learning ground
National Finance Analyst (Former Employee), SydneyFebruary 12, 2015
Good organisation to gain experience.
Co-workers were helpful
Hardest part was dealing with non-finance stakeholders
New data center getting underway
Critical Facilities Engineer (Current Employee), Kings Mountain, NCFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: 18 days pto, 11 paid holidays
Cons: cre's vision is different than customer's at times
As of right now, we are around 2 MW. We have been operational for over 1 year. My daily routine consists of doing daily building rounds and taking care of the work orders provided by 360. The equipment PM's are starting to come in now. We have a standard 3 man crew per shift, 1 electrical, 1 mechanical, and 1 BMS. We have finished writing our SOP's to our company standard.
Positive Attitude
Accounts Payable Specialist - Accountant (Current Employee), Cranston, RIJanuary 11, 2015
I am currently employed as an Accounts Payable Specialist - Accountant. In this role I have been afforded the opportunity to contribute to the evaluation and continuos improvement of the Accounts Payable processes. I prepare and post the journal entries, perform bank account reconciliation, and assist with the preparation of the monthly financial package. I am responsible for training new employees and distributing work to our team.

Prior to this, I was employed by a global distributor of high end textiles and home furnishings. I was promoted on multiple occasions. My growth within this company allowed to become proficient in many different systems applications including Excel, AS400, Outlook, AtTask, SharePoint, and Oracle. I have also gained a wealth of knowledge in auditing processes, managing tasks, and meeting deadlines.

I am eager to learn, detail oriented, fast learner, and always bring a positive attitude and dedication to work. I am a self-motivated, problem solver, team oriented, bilingual, and believe that I can make a positive contribution to a company.
Analyst and Green Building Consultant (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 8, 2015
• Energy Benchmarking of Commercial Buildings, Data analysis and Review of Commercial Buildings and Reporting.
• Study of Green Buildings, Measurements and Verifications, Internal Air Quality, Energy Efficiency, Water Efficiency, Sustainable site Design.
• Area Mapping (Sustainable site location), Lighting Power Density (LPD) calculation, HVAC Calculations, Storm water Design, Rooftop calculations and Thermal Coating.
• Software’s: Ecotect (Sun path Diagram), EConirman (GRIHA), AUTOCAD (Basics).
A chance to learn all the aspects related to local industrial commercial real estate market
Marketing Achievements (Current Employee), Lombard, ILDecember 8, 2014
Exposure in research products, client projects, and business development efforts.
Bad company
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 14, 2014
company does not care about employees at all, same with management.
Variety of opportunity if you're in the Commercial Real Estate industry
Communications Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2014
Pretty good place to work if you're in the Commercial Real Estate industry. Management is good for the most part, there are a lot of re-orgs though. Can be hard to navigate unless you're in a big corporate office.
Great experience and stressful environment
Lease Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2014
• Work with Landlords to pay Rents, Tax Bills, CAM Reconciliations, etc. for clients
• Process and reviews invoices and Reconciliations
• Abstract and maintain all new documents in OVLA system. (Leases, Renewals, Modifications, etc.)
• Track and maintain AR Subtenant Portfolio
• Provide clients with monthly reports for both AR and AP Portfolios
Management Sucks
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 17, 2014
A typical day at JLL is answering phones and doing your work to the best to your ability. I've learned a lot of things doing special projects. The hardest part of this job is not being able to move up in the company. Also management focusing on the smallest things and treating their co workers like kids. The thing I enjoy most are my co workers and some of the people you come across when on the phone.
sure,go ahead..
mobile maintenance tech. (Former Employee), lafayette,la.June 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: see review
if you want to be run into the ground! I worked hvac maintenance for 2 years and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.good pay & benefits don't make up for the stress & lack of sleep.too big of an area to cover and not enough help.24 hour call, constantly being called out in the middle of the night after working all day.like all big companies they make it sound good until one day you wake up & realize it's not worth it.good luck!
staff strength of over 2900 (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHMarch 15, 2014
Good company to work. Lots of experience you can gain in this company