JLL Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
FM (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
JLL has a great staff, but the management is third-rate. It's not unknown for them to be dishonest with employees, promising one thing and delivering another. Management is very disorganized and wants to pinch every penny to the detriment of staff.

Work loads are huge and there is no help on that front. I found out that my role had been covered by 2 people previously and you are expected to work as many hours as you need to in accomplishing senior management goals. The timeline for deliverables is too short, resulting in stressful deadlines and staff stretched to the limit. There is no work-life balance.

The colleagues at my level were a great group, but I suspect that many are there having nowhere else to go until the economy strengthens, at which time they'll leave the ship.

Tools to help accomplish the tasks are inadequate. Computers are 5 years old and software programs are numerous. There's no intention of developing a comprehensive software suite.
Pros
Colleagues at the FM level and below
Cons
Ineffectual senior management, poor remuneration
Great place to work..very good management staff
Business Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ON17 August 2016
Enjoyed working at JLL, very busy, no two days were alike, great place to learn new skills and hands on experience.Staff were very friendly and cooperative.
enjoyable as it was a continueation of the TD job I held.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2016
Long hours and hard work but as it was a continuation of the job I had at TD was not over whelming. Had day to day interaction of long time associates as well.
Don't trust them - move on ASAP
REAL ESTATE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
Despite this company trumpeting their HR policies, in the end they are only in it for the money.

Some great people to work with but the management in Canada is terrible.
A day at workplace
Accounts Payable Intern (Full-time/ Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2015
Exciting place to work , Team members and colleagues very co-operative , fun loving environment, lunch hours fixed , can relax listen to music and work .
Pros
Free lumches, Gym in the basement
Cons
At times work is tedious
Great employees, poor management
Building Operator/ Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, ON18 January 2015
Poor management, sub-contractors/ vendors weren't getting paid.
Pros
salary
Cons
management
Bilingual Facility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2015
I enjoy working for Jones Lang LaSalle. On a typical day I am answering phone calls and attending to visitor's at the same time. The hardest part of my job is to come in for just a half day (4.5). The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I make my client happy by giving exceptional sevice.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
More hours
Internship
Research Analyst - Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 March 2013
The research analyst position was an internship I have completed throughout my education. My objective was to complete a Land-use map of the city of Toronto to help real estate agents locate where to invest. Meetings with the supervisor were held weekly at the office for updates. I have learnt many personal, and technical skills including punctuality, meeting deadlines, and patience. In addition, Adobe Illustrator, GIS were in extensive use in order to get the job done. I worked along a colleague where we divided tasks equally. The hardest part of the job was to work with heavy CAD files which slowed down the computer and made a simple task turn into a strenuous task. However, I enjoyed the learning process which consisted of learning new softwares, and the relation between Urban planning and real estate.
Pros
flexible
Cons
repetitive
Great workers terrible management
mechanical maintenance (Current Employee) –  oshawa ontario19 February 2013
The managment promises the world and delivers nothing, treat employees like garbage. By far the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
it is ok until you find something else its a paycheck
Cons
management managment managment
"Dollar Store" Contractor
Customer/Indirect Management (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills Account1 November 2012
Now, at first, I thought that maybe it was just the IFM team at my site but after reading the bulk of the other reviews on this website and confirming my suspicions with colleagues at other sites I can see that there is a global trend with JLL.
- Leadership style reminiscent of Stalinist USSR!
- Difficulty, if not utter failure, to adhere to regional regulatory standards. This will catch up with with them when someone is seriously injured or a government audit comes through.
-Company refuses to purchase proper equipment (possibly due to management's inexperience with SKILLED trades?).
-Overload middle management. No work-life balance; "on call" should not mean call them everyday on their time off.
-Salary employee remuneration and incentives fall far below market averages. That's without taking into consideration the nature of their "on call" policy and the average hours they work in a week. A normal week appears to be about 50 hours, seriously!
-Trades, you're looking to be making the same as what my son makes as a third year apprentice electrician. Don't bother complaining to the union either, they may as well not exist.
- Now, they have done a few good things, but putting it into perspective, one good deed does NOT outweigh the 50 failures it took to get there.
Pros
strong tradespeople, benefits appear to be comparable
Cons
poor communication, failure to deliver quality, inefficient on all levels
Uncomfortable environment due to inexperienced management.
Facility Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 March 2012
Inexperienced management made for a very poor working environment. A very high turn over rate due to mistreatment of personnel.Very long hours.
Pros
good people under management
Cons
poor management
Bonne compagnie avec bons avantages sociaux.
Coordonnatrice - Gestion des installations (Current Employee) –  Centre-ville de Montréal, QC14 April 2016
Journée très occupée. Travail varié. Service à la clientèle exigeant. Apprentissage d'un système de cartes d'accès. Utilisation de plusieurs logiciels. Formation régulière par ordinateur.
Bonne collaboration avec mes collègues de travail.
Aspect difficile: Plus de 40 heures par semaine. Etre disponible certain soir et fin de semaine
Aspect agréable: Travail varié, autonomie et bonne rémunération.
Pros
Bonne rémunération et bons avantages sociaux
Cons
Centre-ville - Transport d'environ 1h30 le matin et le soir.