Jim Pattison Auto Group Employee Reviews

Toxic Company
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 August 2017
Garbage company to work for. Extremely toxic work environment and terrible management - starting at the very top with the President.

I was told in my interviews that benefits would kick in after my 3-month probation. They didn't kick in until I had been employed for 7 months. Took 12 months to get a raise even though I had been told in my interviews that I would get my first raise after my 3-month probation.

Stay away from this god awful company.
Pros
Pays the bills (barely)
Cons
Long hours, garbage management, terrible pay, everyone is a liar
Poor upper managment
Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia25 June 2015
This company needs an overhaul. Great staff members at my location but decisions made by upper managment are causing a toxic environment.
Pros
people at the dealership
Cons
Upper Managment
Good placew to work, enjoyed my time
Sales & Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 February 2015
Managing the car lot from front to back.
Hiring and training staff
Co workers were all great
Most enjoyable part of my job was running the dealership and making sure my sales people were all making good money
Pros
Running a high end used lot
Cons
upper management
Great work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Jim pattison Hyundai Nanaimo5 January 2015
Jim Pattison Hyundai Nanaimo is a overall great place to work, with strong leadership and fantastic support. The sales team is a pleasure to work with, always there to support and help you when needed. They have a great live / work balance with a generous pay structure. The dealership is the first job I have ever felt truly appreciated for the effort put in. If you are considering joining the family I recommend it!
Pros
Leadership and support
Micro management
Parts and service manager / Fixed operations (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo bc20 June 2014
Currently as of 06/18/14 Hyundai Nanaimo. The parts and service department has gone through 6 years of total mismanagement and is a total TRAIN WRECK! The acting GM is seeking a fixed operations manager capable of pulling the proverbial rabbit out of the hat. If someone is capable of getting this train back on the track without any tools,heavy equipment or cooperation from the current management, wants to work for minimum wage and and does not have any opposition to exploitation of his/her subordinates by all means take a wack at it !!

In summary I will say exactly want this automotive professional with 30 years experience in the Automotive Industry ,communicated when I walked out after only 2 weeks!

GOOD LUCK YOUR GOING TO NEED IT!
Pros
There are not any related to parts & Service dept.
Cons
Current GM is a narcissistic used car salesman, with no clue how to manage a effective efficient & productive parts & Service operation.
Management was very helpful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 January 2013
Dreaded commission pay system. i was a producer during my time with them but it could be very stressful. I never had to follow a delivery through the delearship and that was nice change from other dealders. The co-workers were decent. I learned how professional a dealership can be run.
Pros
bbq's
Cons
long hours, commission sales.
Productive but long hours are required
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 January 2013
A typical work day consisted of helping customers. I learned there is a big difference in customers, everybody is unique but all have the same basic needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was when customers picked up there vehicles. Can be a stressful job. You have to be organized and do your follow ups or you won't sell much.
Pros
bbq's
Cons
commision pay structure, you are only as good as your last sale. that was yesterday but what have you done today.
Productive but long hours are required
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 January 2013
Meet customers Take them through the whole process and find them vehicles that need there needs and price point. Long hours, deliveries were set up on your off shift. Tons of follow up.
Pros
lunches, bbq's
Cons
long hours, commission sales.