Jim Pattison Auto Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good placew to work, enjoyed my time
Sales & Sales Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: running a high end used lot
Cons: upper management
Managing the car lot from front to back.
Hiring and training staff
Co workers were all great
Most enjoyable part of my job was running the dealership and making sure my sales people were all making good money
Great work environment
Sales (Former Employee), Jim pattison Hyundai NanaimoJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: leadership and support
Jim Pattison Hyundai Nanaimo is a overall great place to work, with strong leadership and fantastic support. The sales team is a pleasure to work with, always there to support and help you when needed. They have a great live / work balance with a generous pay structure. The dealership is the first job I have ever felt truly appreciated for the effort put in. If you are considering joining the family I recommend it!
Micro management
Parts and service manager / Fixed operations (Former Employee), Nanaimo bcJune 20, 2014
Pros: there are not any related to parts & service dept.
Cons: current gm is a narcissistic used car salesman, with no clue how to manage a effective efficient & productive parts & service operation.
Currently as of 06/18/14 Hyundai Nanaimo. The parts and service department has gone through 6 years of total mismanagement and is a total TRAIN WRECK! The acting GM is seeking a fixed operations manager capable of pulling the proverbial rabbit out of the hat. If someone is capable of getting this train back on the track without any tools,heavy equipment or cooperation from the current management, wants to work for minimum wage and and does not have any opposition to exploitation of his/her subordinates by all means take a wack at it !!

In summary I will say exactly want this automotive professional with 30 years experience in the Automotive Industry ,communicated when I walked out after only 2 weeks!

GOOD LUCK YOUR GOING TO NEED IT!
Management was very helpful
Pros: bbq's
Cons: long hours, commission sales.
Dreaded commission pay system. i was a producer during my time with them but it could be very stressful. I never had to follow a delivery through the delearship and that was nice change from other dealders. The co-workers were decent. I learned how professional a dealership can be run.
Productive but long hours are required
Pros: bbq's
Cons: commision pay structure, you are only as good as your last sale. that was yesterday but what have you done today.
A typical work day consisted of helping customers. I learned there is a big difference in customers, everybody is unique but all have the same basic needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was when customers picked up there vehicles. Can be a stressful job. You have to be organized and do your follow ups or you won't sell much.
Productive but long hours are required
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: lunches, bbq's
Cons: long hours, commission sales.
Meet customers Take them through the whole process and find them vehicles that need there needs and price point. Long hours, deliveries were set up on your off shift. Tons of follow up.