Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Watch out for bad managers
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC8 February 2018
Worked at one in the okanagan not naming the shop, the owner was awful, belittled me infront of customers, made fun of me to other employees, overcharged for services, wasn't good with customer service. If you made a mistake, instead of talking with you in private, would bring it up infront of customers and employees, asked a question regarding something you didnt understand or didnt want to take apart due to potential damage occuring, would treat you like garbage. Never bought tools required to preform jobs. Will never work there again, and pitty whoever takes the position over. The staff I worked with (excluding the manager) however was excellent!
Pros
Good hours, decent pay, benefits, good employees
Cons
The manager
great personel terrible work enviroment
Oil lube technician (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK9 January 2018
the company as a whole conglomerate is great but there are a few branches that aren't being run the best or in the most cost effective ways the staff is quick and most are knowledgeable
small home town shop
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Black Diamond, AB3 January 2018
daily oil changes, fluid changes, wiper blades, tire checks, air filter changes, fuel filter changes or gas and diesel vehicles, as well as interacting with customers.
good lesarning experience
hood tech (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2017
i would work on all cars that came in for oil changes,transmission changes and so on all the way to sales. everyday was different but it was a good place to learn when i was looking for my first job
Pros
the boss would buy lunch if we were swamped
Cons
nothing really
Fun, fast pace workplace
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK15 November 2017
I enjoyed being an employee here although the pay wasn't the best and it had lots of room for improvement but nothing was done by the owner to improve much. Owner should be less worred about making an extra buck and more worried about the customers and staff
Pros
You get a break when theres no customers
Cons
When its busy you dont get any breaks
Not to bad
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB14 November 2017
Would not work at my old job again to many in shop problems and to many problems with people that work there ..................,.......,..,...........
Filled tires if there low and check oil
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
At this job you did the oil changes and filled tires. When it not busy you cleaned and did innovatory and also stocked shelf when supplys run low. Meet great people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not that busy some days
Fun place to work with a lot of customers and a busy shop
Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley thru Vancouver2 August 2017
Enjoyed working in Langley for over 25 years, enjoy meeting people, customers that I have met , I grew up with a lot of them they the years, that's a great way to meet a lot of excellent people. I enjoy working with people in the shop and customers. I have excellent PR Skills.
Pros
Some lunch meets and and meetings
Cons
Worked over 10 hour days for over 25 years
Pleasant atmosphere. Good to meet people. Easy-going management.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 July 2017
Extreme weather working conditions in the pit - very hot in summer months and cold in the winter. No fresh air most of the day and no chance for advancement or new learning opportunities.
Good experience
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 May 2017
Badly managed but learned a lot with own initiative.

Dead Business, no commission offered. Employee attitudes at this location was horrible.

Store manager only looked out for himself, and did a lot of fraud that went unreported.
Hard work
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2017
I enjoyed working here because i got to work with my hands and help customers maintain basic maintenance on their vehicles. The staff were mostly friendly and the management was strict but fair.
Not a bad place to work
Vehicle maintenance & customer service (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON and Newmarket, ON22 April 2017
good place to learn a lot about vehicles. stay busy and i found the work to be very easy and somewhat rewarding. if the pay was better id still work there.
Pros
stay busy
Cons
can be abit frustrating
Fun workplace
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 April 2017
Good place to work. learned alot about general maintenance on vehicles. learned what oil and fluids do for a vehicle and the importance of maintaining your Vehicle
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
Not Always busy
Fun work place, friendly people, and great management.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB18 March 2017
Jiffy lube was a great place to work at. The other members were very friendly and taught me everything I needed to know without issue. I would only feel rushed/stressed very rarely.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
Pay wasn't the greatest, occasionally was short staffed which led to a stressful day.
Not a bad place to be depending on employers
Sales Advisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 February 2017
My experience at Jiffy Lube was great, despite what I've heard about other stores. The 477 Grove St. E location in Barrie is awesome! Excellent owners and staff alike.
Pros
5 minute breaks each hour, discount services
Cons
Long hours/weeks
Good For Someone Who Has Little To No Experience
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 February 2017
The location I was at (Dec 1st 2016 - Jan 15th 2017) was a decent place to work, but not the best.

Management was horrible (micro-managed, expected ALL types of tasks/jobs to be done in a minimal amount of time) and the staff/co-workers were OK to help or train. Sad part was that the experienced techs weren't the greatest at helping during a rush or any good at multi-tasking. Asking questions during a rush was not always a good thing, but asking after was decent because it would be explained.

However, certain services and answers were questionable or could be found to be questionable if, you had basic training and/or schooling. An example: coolant transmission flushes. Tranny flushes weren't necessarily done properly and coolant flushes is something you don't exactly do. At least not the way it's done at Jiffy Lube.

Also, doing tire repairs and tire switches were VERY questionable. Having worked in a tire shop, some of the practices for tires was not exactly the greatest. Example: using tire plugs ONLY & ALWAYS putting in 35psi of air in the Winter tires. Doing the latter apparently helped with fuel milage, which was a new practice for me & a head-scratcher.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, learn basic knowledge of vehicles, learn to use various tools, possible advancement, owners of location were great
Cons
Long hours, no personal time, poor management, half hour break only, favouritism at times
"satisfactory" employer
Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON11 January 2017
oil changes and some tire rotations , which are enjoyable.
hours of work are usually 11 hour days.
co-workers are satisfactory to work alongside when not aggressive/argumentative.
Pros
applied learning, hands-on experience
Cons
long hours, low pay, meddlesome management prone to nitpicking and tolerant of racism
Not worth it unless you want your intro to cars
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
you're not going anywhere there nor are you going to be advanced regardless of your knowledge or striving to achieve attitude. It was a great window shopping experience to see what cars are good buys and keepers and to get some basics down on what to do with your own car if you didn't already know but that's about all it's worth
Pros
learn about cars and window shop
Cons
poor money, bad hours, no room to advance
gained experience
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 January 2017
Since this was my first job it was a great opportunity to finally realize what a job is really like. I gained a ton of experience working at jiffy lube alongside the amazing employees that did not hesitate to help when needed. Overall a great start for anyone.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
miscommunication
Fun place To Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 January 2017
I started out from the bottom and worked my way all the way to management. I worked for this franchise for 10 years, and worked for all 3 of the franchise owners different stores. It is the people that you work with that make this type of job a lot of fun to do.
Pros
Competitive wages, room for growth
Cons
Long hours if your not used to it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.