Jewish General Hospital Employee Reviews

Very busy work place, nice team and management.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 July 2016
I enjoyed working at the Pathology Department, I learned how to work sometimes independently, respect my colleagues, prioritize my work, be accurate and organized.
My co-workers were so nice and helpful, and the management as well.
The job was not hard, but there was a lot of work to do everyday.
I liked the work place. In addition, I enjoyed doing the secretarial work that i love.
Pros
The place is very organized, and each one do his work with love and passion.
Cons
Great Staff and environment to work
Student Physiotherapist - ICU (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2016
Worked in the ICU, where I was responsible for mobilizing patients to prevent deconditioning and getting them back to their baseline level post cardiac surgery.
Learned a lot regarding the care of patients and their safe mobility.
The staff in the ICU is exceptionally friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the work was dealing with different lines that the patients were attached to in the ICU and ensure their safe mobility.
The most enjoyable part of the work was seeing the good progress of the patients and the team effort for an optimal patient care.
It was a 3 week stage. Great first experience in the medical field
Administration Clerk - Dermatology - School Stage (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec17 May 2016
Learned to great patients, answer calls and book appointments. Work in a team enviorement. Hardest part was to deny patients appointments due to overbooking.
Pros
Working in the hospital
Cons
non
Very friendly hospital to work at.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2016
I volunteered at this hospital and the doctors and nurses from the different departments are really nice and sweet to work with. I learnt how to act around certain patients who need more care and that we have to be patient around them. I learnt alot on different diseases because we had lessons on some nights during the time that i volunteered.
Good opportunities for students looking for Internships
Logistics and Material Intern (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec21 April 2016
I got some experience from this internship. It gave me, not only a greater understanding of what I’ve learned from school happening in a real life, but also the ability to quickly adapt to new environment.
Great team of people to work with
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 April 2016
Great work hours
with an excellent work life balance
4 weeks of vacations to start
no education plan

easy access to work near subway/buses etc
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
low salary
Amazing team !
manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 January 2016
Every day is a challenge. :)

The hospital is like a little village, every day is different and always a learning experience :)

The management team work very hard to improve the quality of services provided to the patients.

The coworkers all pull together as one.

Working for this hospital and with all the different people that make it run has made me experience what it really id to be part of a TEAM that cares.
Pros
Ongoing training, employee benifits
Where I began..
Registered Nurse Hemodialysis (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 January 2016
I've worked at the JGH since the start of my career and has been my 'home base' for 15 years. I will always have good memories to reflect back on of my time there.
Great and rewarding job.
Administrative Assistant to the Chief of Staff (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2015
It was a treat going into work everyday, working with wonderful doctors and associates. It's always difficult working in a hospital, however they make the time more enjoyable.
Overall good
Orthopédie- secrétaire médicale (Former Employee) –  Orthopaedics2 November 2015
A typical day included booking appointments, document transcription, dictations, helping to fill insurance documents, etc. Dealt with clinics, management and co-workers.Hard part was dealing with the bureaucracy and red tape. The most enjoyable part was knowing that patients were being helped.
Pros
Public relations
Cons
Bureaucracy
Good Place to Work
Registered Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2015
I great place to work. Staff are helpful and supportive. The hardest part is shift work which is typical of being a nurse but its nice to be able to work 50 % day rotation. I would recommend it as a good place to work.
Pros
Good colleagues and interesting learning opportunities
Cons
Rotating shift work for Nurses
Overworked & Underpaid
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec22 September 2015
The hospital is under heavy budget cuts and it takes a toll on support staff. There are layoffs, forced early retirements, demotions and more. We can't even order letterheads for the Doctors anymore because they are too expensive. We cannot send mail to other doctors, fax only, to save on stamps. Pay is capped and there is nowhere to be promoted to when you are an administrative assistant, only nurses. Management comes from outside of the hospital and did not grow within. All of the clinics are overbooked, there are more patients than doctors and everyone ends up working through lunches and overtime even though we are not paid for the lunch hour and not allowed to clock overtime. Salaries are pre-determined and you can never receive a raise, only a few cents each year due to inflation.
Pros
4 weeks vacation
Cons
No room for advancement, static pay, unpaid overtime
Amazing and Interesting
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  montreal,qc30 July 2015
get to help our Doctors with their filing and administrative tasks

help those in the office with whatever they may need help with.

guide those paitients who may be lost or simply need extra aid,.
productive
Filing and office help to the Ombudsman (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 June 2015
Learned how to:
Alphabetize and numericize files.
Work with computers
E.g. Data entry, Hospital Software (Opera, Clinibase)
Pros
pleasant working environment, friendly
Great experience
Medical Council of Canada (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC20 May 2015
Great work experience at the JGH for Medical Council. I learned how to be a fast-learner, how to be organized and how to be responsible as well. I got the chance to work individually and in a team: it was a great experience.
Never a dull moment and enjoy interacting with the patients.
Administrative Agent/Unit Agent (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec17 March 2015
I enjoy working as Unit agent/Receptionist in the Oncology department. I meet and greet the patients who come for chemotherapy. I also arrange and book their follow-up appointments. The hardest part of my job is meeting and getting attached to some great human beings but unfortunately, sometimes their journey comes to an end.
Pros
4 weeks vacation.
Cons
hiring freeze so no permanent positions.
productive work and very challenging environment
STERILIZATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  montreal30 December 2014
Working at the Jewish hospital is a challenging and a motivated job and a continous learning process.I have learned new things everyday . on how to be very careful in doing my job with much care and concentration as we are dealing with all kinds of instrument that are being used in all kinds of surgery procedure were the patients health condition is the top priority.
Pros
free lunch during christmas holidays
Cons
long hours of standing pron to strong smell of cleaning solution.
pleasant environment
nurse (Current Employee) –  montreal23 September 2014
im used to working there, people are professional and friendly
Best colleagues, staff and great work environment all around!
Specialized Computerized Technologist (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec5 September 2014
I worked at the one of the best hospital in Montreal, Quebec. The Jewish General Hospital is a truly a leader in patient care and medical research. I am proud to be a part of the JGH health care team which does not miss any opportunities to make advances in the medical world and health care.
Amazing staff! Excellent doctors!!
Admistrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 August 2014
My 20 years as an employee at the JGH has been an unforgettable learning experience. I feel honored and privileged to have been a part of such a great team. I have the utmost respect for the excellent nurses that i had the pleasure to work with.. We, as a team, always managed to make things work!
Pros
Healthcare, staff perks
Cons
working through breaks..lunch..

4.4