Jewish General Hospital Employee Reviews

Had lots of fun with all my co workers
Senior pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2017
It was a great place to work,a lot of benefits,staff is extremely friendly. Good location and easy access by bus/metro . Learning on the job makes for an interesting career choice no matter which path you choose.
Pros
Stat holidays 13
Cons
Some long hr days and weekends dont forget the hospital never closes
productive, fun
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2017
A day at work is a dynamic combination of challenges, fulfilling my own tasks as well as some management tasks. Rewarding part of my job was to make a difference in patients' lives and the most difficult was when all efforts to save their lives were futile.
Friendly environment
Medical writer, Scribe Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2017
I'ts a friendly multicultural environment. It has its own pros and cons. For instance, there is a lot of paper work to get hired which makes it a bit annoying.
review of my job at the Jewish General Hospital
prepose aux transport (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC9 July 2017
A typical day at work is usually always being on point , we deal with peoples lives so we must be extra precautious. I learned how to better interact with people , since i am always assisting people in a large populated environment. The hospital is well manage , with several people taking care of their teams of employees. As for the workplace environment it is very clean and well contained . The hardest part of the job would be seeing people that are really sick , its not pleasant . The most enjoyable part if the job is that i am none stop on the go , which makes the day go by faster..
Not one of quebecs top employers
CATEGORY 3 EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  MONTREAL29 April 2017
Worst place to work at if you want any kind of job advancement. They sell a zero tolerance to violence in the workplace however constant bullying and name calling in a malicious and angry way. It is like being in high school. Except in high school students that are aggressive and bad for classroom morale are suspended or expelled. The jgh wants only good publicity so the managers try the whole come on its not that bad, you dont have to overreact approach instead of doing what there job entails. Constantly sweeping things under the rug. Do not go work in any office in this hospital. The worst office is anything in the human resources department or the recall center. I have heard and seen what goes on and they should be ashamed.

P.S. The quebec top employer award is something companies buy to distract from how bad their institution is. Dont buy into their propaganda.
Pros
You get to leave
Cons
You work there
It was once a great place to work
Administrative Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 April 2017
Being an employee for 27 years, I have come to realize that I am just a number. The hospital is all about government statics. Overworking the staff just because they can. Employees are going off on burnout. It was an amazing place to work. It felt like family. Now you never know, if this is the day you will loose your job, even if you are full-time.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
No job security. No union.
Poor treatment of employees
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2017
I have been working at this hospital for 7 years and as an employee I have experienced a HUGE decline at how the employees are being treated, myself being one of them. There is no value or appreciation for work anymore, we are overworked and underpaid and there is no gratitude at all.
Pros
Public service job = pension
Cons
overworked, underpaid and underappreciated
Good working conditions, flexible, and good pay
Administrative Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 March 2017
The Emergency of the Jewish General Hospital is the busiest emergency of Montreal. Everyday, there are people complaining, people with non explainable diseases, etc. Thus, it allows me to adapt to different type of situations. I enjoy the fast flow of work and if I had anything to complain, it would be the inconsideration of patients when complaining that our "service" is the "slowest".
Pros
Working conditions
Cons
Inconsideration of patients
Demanding environment for recall administrative staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 March 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn about different medical centres while working there. The lack of a union for administrative support staff is not a good thing. The time it takes for a recall employee to find a regular position can be quite long, and recall work does not provide for a stable income. Many staff are helpful, and you have to be efficient to work as a recall employee, and to adapt to the different personalities of your co-workers. Helping the patients and the administrative tasks are not the most difficult aspects of the job. Working with difficult colleagues sharing a work space was, and less competent ones also. Recent overall restructuring and cutbacks to funding by the Minister of Health does not make it easy to work in health care if you are expecting a regular non recall position within a short time framework. It can be worthwhile from time to time, overall I would not recommend this position for a person expectating a rewarding administrative position if you do not have a skin as thick as a rhinocerus.
Pros
Variety of locations to work at in the hospital. Pension funds available for employees.
Cons
Sometimes you have rude co-workers, non-unionized environment, irregular income
Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Research Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 February 2017
It’s what I stood for. dedicated to delivering high-quality, affordable healthcare services in a compassionate environment that meet each patient’s physical, mental and spiritual needs.
Pros
Staff always having the priority of being seen by any Dr. when required
Cons
Learned a lot in this job.
Medical Secretary & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
It was an excellent place to work in with great benefits.

I learned a lot in terms of office work. I learned to use the dictaphone machine to type medical reports.

Travel wise, the Jewish General Hospital was located in a great place. It took me only 35 mins to get there.

The hardest part of the job was workload management. I would be doing 2 secretaries work sometimes. Also, whenever I would take a sick day, my workload would pile up.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
non-unionized
Somewhat Productive
Administrative Agent Cl 2 Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC2 February 2017
Management poor,employee benefits unless your permanent don't exist even after many years of service.
conditions in some areas are good others can be very difficult to deal with, loys of people on burn out or sick leave because of the pressure
Pros
fast appointments if you need one
Cons
all that's already mentioned
Depressing but challenging
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 January 2017
Was very hectic and depressing working in a hospital environment but at the time prestigious to work in the CEO's office. Was a great experience overall but would not repeat it.
Challenging yet you feel a sense of accomplishment
Administrative agent class 2(unit agent) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2017
Working in the Emergency, it is very fast-pace all the time. On a daily basis, your patience and tolerance is being tested whether by your fellow colleagues or the patients you are responsible for. Unfortunately management isn't the greatest in the sense that alot of things with the employees get overlooked but our superiors do try their best to accommodate the majority. We are a very diverse and cultured emergency where we go beyond to aid patients and their needs.The hardest part of this job is having to be the one patients complain and aggressively harass first but when I come across that one patients who is extremely thankful, it definitely makes my day!
Great work Environment
ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 October 2016
Best Hospital in Montréal,
Work environment is productive, efficient, relaxed at times. Great employees.
Would recommend working here for anyone.
Good luck.
Very busy work place, nice team and management.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 July 2016
I enjoyed working at the Pathology Department, I learned how to work sometimes independently, respect my colleagues, prioritize my work, be accurate and organized.
My co-workers were so nice and helpful, and the management as well.
The job was not hard, but there was a lot of work to do everyday.
I liked the work place. In addition, I enjoyed doing the secretarial work that i love.
Pros
The place is very organized, and each one do his work with love and passion.
Cons
Great Staff and environment to work
Student Physiotherapist - ICU (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2016
Worked in the ICU, where I was responsible for mobilizing patients to prevent deconditioning and getting them back to their baseline level post cardiac surgery.
Learned a lot regarding the care of patients and their safe mobility.
The staff in the ICU is exceptionally friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the work was dealing with different lines that the patients were attached to in the ICU and ensure their safe mobility.
The most enjoyable part of the work was seeing the good progress of the patients and the team effort for an optimal patient care.
It was a 3 week stage. Great first experience in the medical field
Administration Clerk - Dermatology - School Stage (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec17 May 2016
Learned to great patients, answer calls and book appointments. Work in a team enviorement. Hardest part was to deny patients appointments due to overbooking.
Pros
Working in the hospital
Cons
non
Very friendly hospital to work at.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2016
I volunteered at this hospital and the doctors and nurses from the different departments are really nice and sweet to work with. I learnt how to act around certain patients who need more care and that we have to be patient around them. I learnt alot on different diseases because we had lessons on some nights during the time that i volunteered.
Good opportunities for students looking for Internships
Logistics and Material Intern (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec21 April 2016
I got some experience from this internship. It gave me, not only a greater understanding of what I’ve learned from school happening in a real life, but also the ability to quickly adapt to new environment.