Jewish General Hospital

Jewish General Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best colleagues, staff and great work environment all around!
Specialized Computerized Technologist (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 5, 2014
I worked at the one of the best hospital in Montreal, Quebec. The Jewish General Hospital is a truly a leader in patient care and medical research. I am proud to be a part of the JGH health care team which does not miss any opportunities to make advances in the medical world and health care.
Amazing staff! Excellent doctors!!
Admistrative Officer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare, staff perks
Cons: working through breaks..lunch..
My 20 years as an employee at the JGH has been an unforgettable learning experience. I feel honored and privileged to have been a part of such a great team. I have the utmost respect for the excellent nurses that i had the pleasure to work with.. We, as a team, always managed to make things work!
I love my job at the Jewish General Hospital
Administrative Officer Class (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 24, 2014
A job that is secure where there`s always room for advancement.
Great workplace , very nice ambiance
Administration Agent Class 4 (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 22, 2014
Very sociable place, you learn something new everyday, management is on point, co-workers are very friendly, hardest part is getting around
Excellent Job Security
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 22, 2014
Pros: comfortable work environment
Cons: late hours
The Jewish hospital is unionized and job security is available however management should be a little more involved.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk- Sick Leave Replacement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2014
Enter Invoices, Suppliers,
File Slips Match Invoices,
Enter Invoices Print Checks,
Work Inside a Department with 8 co-workers.
Love helping people
Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee), Oncology DepartmentFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: overtime
Start every day with a smile...then review the previous shift notes and patients. Cleaning the work environment comes secondary. One has to know where everything is and tidy up, without complaining. This makes the shift a tolerable one!
Take care of patients as they come and make sure efficiency is key. A backlog can cause a lot of issues and make the – more... next shift undesirable! – less
Great work place
Registered X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 3, 2014
Great Hospital. Great team work. Good place for job advancement and security.
great palce to work
RN (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2013
Busy but stimulating work environment, friendly collegues, helpfull management, safe place to work
Exceptional Learning Experience
Emergency Room Administrative Unit Agent (Current Employee), Saint-Luc, QCAugust 23, 2013
Working in an environment that is constantly evolving, you learn to think on your feet and to adapt to change readily. You learn self-motivation while knowing there is a team of employees you can rely on for any necessary support.
Excellent team in the Dietetics department
Dietetics Employee (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 4, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working in the dietetics department, our colleagues were our extended family which made the job all the more easy. Management was approachable and open to employee feedback in making a more efficient work environment.
PRC
Medical Physicist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 15, 2013
Tell us about:

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
good work place that supports their staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 15, 2012
Pros: icu premium, ta that helps you in the icu
Cons: food at the cafeteria is not the best
great place to work, opportunities for advancement, recognize further education.
Bilingual Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 8, 2012
Pros: races, cultures, languages, religions and creeds are all welcomed to live in harmony at the jgh.
Cons: regain the position and authority of running their own nursing school in quebec.
The JGH is a great healthcare establishment to work with. In my opinion, one of the best hospitals in Quebec. Continuous upgrading in the modern technology industry of healthcare. A leader in healthcare breakthroughs and research. An atmosphere where doctors from around the world come to gain the advantages in their internship and expertise. Whether – more... they are from the Far East or the Western hemisphere. Great spirit of ambiance.
What they need to work on is regaining the position and authority of running their own Nursing School in Quebec. Many of their preposes and orderlies would like to gain the advantage in studies of nursing while continuing to work but are unable to, due to mandated government restrictions. The JGH needs to work around that obstacle. I believe they have the resources to own and operate their School of Nursing minus the governmental legislations. Races, cultures, languages, religions and creeds are all welcomed to live in harmony at the JGH. – less
fun place just down the hall is were the babys are born
Housekeeping of patient's rooms and offices (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2012
Pros: you meet new people and sometimes see old faces
Cons: lots of them never go back home again
start with a good morning and then go in the rooms of patients and clean the garbage the the washrooms , say hello if there a wake try and help if need be. I enjoy my work very much and the staff are great makes the day go well if someone is having a hard day we do our best to help them though the day. the most enjoyable part is seeing everyone every – more... weekend – less
Love the team BUT need stability
Nurse and Data entry (Former Employee), MontrealSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: good team
Cons: hrs not reliable
The team is great. I need some consistency. I cannot work some weeks 60hours and the next 15hrs...it is very frustrating!!!
Love to help people, love all my co-workers, even the miserable ones!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 14, 2012
Pros: work environment is enjoyable due to efficient drs and team.
Cons: at the mercy of shifts given
Why did I leave if I love it so much???? He..he...well, the reason is nothing is guaranteed except 4 shifts per 2 weeks. The rest of the time I am on call and am begging for shifts and if I can not do what they offer they do not offer me.....I work well and it was me that decided to leave the hospital.
intellectually stimulating and personally rewarding work in helping people in the health care domain.
Social Worker (Current Employee), montreal,qc.June 9, 2012
Pros: multi-disciplinary work, striving for excellence in care, stellar medical care.
Cons: health care system is understaffed makes it difficult to meet the needs of the population adequately
This is an acute care hospital services a multi-cultural and growing elderly population. Its advancing its expertise,research,and services in all areas of hospital care. The focus is primarily to provide excellent patient care. Every service benefits from a multi-disciplinary approach.
In order to work in this domain one has to be compassionate, skilled, – more... a multi-tasker, and a team player. – less
Jewish General Hospital
Manager of Information Technology (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJanuary 24, 2012
Pros: good job stability
Cons: not to many places to get promoted
This is a great place to work at.
The people I work with are all great people.
The environment is very positive.
Warm Atmosphere & Good Training
Clerk in Medical Records (Former Employee), Coté St. Catherine Mtl.QcDecember 6, 2011
Pros: friendly warm atmosphere, clean.
Extremely Good Hospital for caring for their patients in a loving, understanding, compassionate character.
Good training programs for individuals.
If hired for a position, they offer extra French Training if required.