Jewish General Hospital Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good opportunities for students looking for Internships
Logistics and Material Intern (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecApril 21, 2016
I got some experience from this internship. It gave me, not only a greater understanding of what I’ve learned from school happening in a real life, but also the ability to quickly adapt to new environment.
Great team of people to work with
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 12, 2016
Pros: supportive environment
Cons: low salary
Great work hours
with an excellent work life balance
4 weeks of vacations to start
no education plan

easy access to work near subway/buses etc
Amazing team !
manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: Ongoing training, employee benifits
Every day is a challenge. :)

The hospital is like a little village, every day is different and always a learning experience :)

The management team work very hard to improve the quality of services provided to the patients.

The coworkers all pull together as one.

Working for this hospital and with all the different people that make it run has made me experience what it really id to be part of a TEAM that cares.
Where I began..
Registered Nurse Hemodialysis (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 22, 2016
I've worked at the JGH since the start of my career and has been my 'home base' for 15 years. I will always have good memories to reflect back on of my time there.
Great and rewarding job.
Administrative Assistant to the Chief of Staff (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 16, 2015
It was a treat going into work everyday, working with wonderful doctors and associates. It's always difficult working in a hospital, however they make the time more enjoyable.
Overall good
Orthopédie- secrétaire médicale (Former Employee), OrthopaedicsNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Public relations
Cons: Bureaucracy
A typical day included booking appointments, document transcription, dictations, helping to fill insurance documents, etc. Dealt with clinics, management and co-workers.Hard part was dealing with the bureaucracy and red tape. The most enjoyable part was knowing that patients were being helped.
Good Place to Work
Registered Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Good colleagues and interesting learning opportunities
Cons: Rotating shift work for Nurses
I great place to work. Staff are helpful and supportive. The hardest part is shift work which is typical of being a nurse but its nice to be able to work 50 % day rotation. I would recommend it as a good place to work.
Overworked & Underpaid
Medical Secretary (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation
Cons: No room for advancement, static pay, unpaid overtime
The hospital is under heavy budget cuts and it takes a toll on support staff. There are layoffs, forced early retirements, demotions and more. We can't even order letterheads for the Doctors anymore because they are too expensive. We cannot send mail to other doctors, fax only, to save on stamps. Pay is capped and there is nowhere to be promoted to when you are an administrative assistant, only nurses. Management comes from outside of the hospital and did not grow within. All of the clinics are overbooked, there are more patients than doctors and everyone ends up working through lunches and overtime even though we are not paid for the lunch hour and not allowed to clock overtime. Salaries are pre-determined and you can never receive a raise, only a few cents each year due to inflation.
Amazing and Interesting
Data Entry (Current Employee), montreal,qcJuly 30, 2015
get to help our Doctors with their filing and administrative tasks

help those in the office with whatever they may need help with.

guide those paitients who may be lost or simply need extra aid,.
productive
Filing and office help to the Ombudsman (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 14, 2015
Pros: pleasant working environment, friendly
Learned how to:
Alphabetize and numericize files.
Work with computers
E.g. Data entry, Hospital Software (Opera, Clinibase)
Great experience
Medical Council of Canada (Former Employee), Montreal, QCMay 20, 2015
Great work experience at the JGH for Medical Council. I learned how to be a fast-learner, how to be organized and how to be responsible as well. I got the chance to work individually and in a team: it was a great experience.
Never a dull moment and enjoy interacting with the patients.
Administrative Agent/Unit Agent (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 17, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation.
Cons: hiring freeze so no permanent positions.
I enjoy working as Unit agent/Receptionist in the Oncology department. I meet and greet the patients who come for chemotherapy. I also arrange and book their follow-up appointments. The hardest part of my job is meeting and getting attached to some great human beings but unfortunately, sometimes their journey comes to an end.
productive work and very challenging environment
STERILIZATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee), montrealDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch during christmas holidays
Cons: long hours of standing pron to strong smell of cleaning solution.
Working at the Jewish hospital is a challenging and a motivated job and a continous learning process.I have learned new things everyday . on how to be very careful in doing my job with much care and concentration as we are dealing with all kinds of instrument that are being used in all kinds of surgery procedure were the patients health condition is the top priority.
pleasant environment
nurse (Current Employee), montrealSeptember 23, 2014
im used to working there, people are professional and friendly
Best colleagues, staff and great work environment all around!
Specialized Computerized Technologist (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 5, 2014
I worked at the one of the best hospital in Montreal, Quebec. The Jewish General Hospital is a truly a leader in patient care and medical research. I am proud to be a part of the JGH health care team which does not miss any opportunities to make advances in the medical world and health care.
Amazing staff! Excellent doctors!!
Admistrative Officer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare, staff perks
Cons: working through breaks..lunch..
My 20 years as an employee at the JGH has been an unforgettable learning experience. I feel honored and privileged to have been a part of such a great team. I have the utmost respect for the excellent nurses that i had the pleasure to work with.. We, as a team, always managed to make things work!
I love my job at the Jewish General Hospital
Administrative Officer Class (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 24, 2014
A job that is secure where there`s always room for advancement.
Great workplace , very nice ambiance
Administration Agent Class 4 (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 22, 2014
Very sociable place, you learn something new everyday, management is on point, co-workers are very friendly, hardest part is getting around
Excellent Job Security
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 22, 2014
Pros: comfortable work environment
Cons: late hours
The Jewish hospital is unionized and job security is available however management should be a little more involved.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk- Sick Leave Replacement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2014
Enter Invoices, Suppliers,
File Slips Match Invoices,
Enter Invoices Print Checks,
Work Inside a Department with 8 co-workers.