Jewish General Hospital Employee Reviews

Learned a lot in this job.
Medical Secretary & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
It was an excellent place to work in with great benefits.

I learned a lot in terms of office work. I learned to use the dictaphone machine to type medical reports.

Travel wise, the Jewish General Hospital was located in a great place. It took me only 35 mins to get there.

The hardest part of the job was workload management. I would be doing 2 secretaries work sometimes. Also, whenever I would take a sick day, my workload would pile up.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
non-unionized
Somewhat Productive
Administrative Agent Cl 2 Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC2 February 2017
Management poor,employee benefits unless your permanent don't exist even after many years of service.
conditions in some areas are good others can be very difficult to deal with, loys of people on burn out or sick leave because of the pressure
Pros
fast appointments if you need one
Cons
all that's already mentioned
Challenging yet you feel a sense of accomplishment
Administrative agent class 2(unit agent) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2017
Working in the Emergency, it is very fast-pace all the time. On a daily basis, your patience and tolerance is being tested whether by your fellow colleagues or the patients you are responsible for. Unfortunately management isn't the greatest in the sense that alot of things with the employees get overlooked but our superiors do try their best to accommodate the majority. We are a very diverse and cultured emergency where we go beyond to aid patients and their needs.The hardest part of this job is having to be the one patients complain and aggressively harass first but when I come across that one patients who is extremely thankful, it definitely makes my day!
Great team of people to work with
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 April 2016
Great work hours
with an excellent work life balance
4 weeks of vacations to start
no education plan

easy access to work near subway/buses etc
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
low salary
Amazing team !
manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 January 2016
Every day is a challenge. :)

The hospital is like a little village, every day is different and always a learning experience :)

The management team work very hard to improve the quality of services provided to the patients.

The coworkers all pull together as one.

Working for this hospital and with all the different people that make it run has made me experience what it really id to be part of a TEAM that cares.
Pros
Ongoing training, employee benifits
Overworked & Underpaid
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec22 September 2015
The hospital is under heavy budget cuts and it takes a toll on support staff. There are layoffs, forced early retirements, demotions and more. We can't even order letterheads for the Doctors anymore because they are too expensive. We cannot send mail to other doctors, fax only, to save on stamps. Pay is capped and there is nowhere to be promoted to when you are an administrative assistant, only nurses. Management comes from outside of the hospital and did not grow within. All of the clinics are overbooked, there are more patients than doctors and everyone ends up working through lunches and overtime even though we are not paid for the lunch hour and not allowed to clock overtime. Salaries are pre-determined and you can never receive a raise, only a few cents each year due to inflation.
Pros
4 weeks vacation
Cons
No room for advancement, static pay, unpaid overtime
Very busy work place, nice team and management.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 July 2016
I enjoyed working at the Pathology Department, I learned how to work sometimes independently, respect my colleagues, prioritize my work, be accurate and organized.
My co-workers were so nice and helpful, and the management as well.
The job was not hard, but there was a lot of work to do everyday.
I liked the work place. In addition, I enjoyed doing the secretarial work that i love.
Pros
The place is very organized, and each one do his work with love and passion.
Cons
Great Staff and environment to work
Student Physiotherapist - ICU (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2016
Worked in the ICU, where I was responsible for mobilizing patients to prevent deconditioning and getting them back to their baseline level post cardiac surgery.
Learned a lot regarding the care of patients and their safe mobility.
The staff in the ICU is exceptionally friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the work was dealing with different lines that the patients were attached to in the ICU and ensure their safe mobility.
The most enjoyable part of the work was seeing the good progress of the patients and the team effort for an optimal patient care.
Depressing but challenging
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 January 2017
Was very hectic and depressing working in a hospital environment but at the time prestigious to work in the CEO's office. Was a great experience overall but would not repeat it.
Great work Environment
ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 October 2016
Best Hospital in Montréal,
Work environment is productive, efficient, relaxed at times. Great employees.
Would recommend working here for anyone.
Good luck.
intellectually stimulating and personally rewarding work in helping people in the health care domain.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  montreal,qc.9 June 2012
This is an acute care hospital services a multi-cultural and growing elderly population. Its advancing its expertise,research,and services in all areas of hospital care. The focus is primarily to provide excellent patient care. Every service benefits from a multi-disciplinary approach.
In order to work in this domain one has to be compassionate, skilled, a multi-tasker, and a team player.
Pros
multi-disciplinary work, striving for excellence in care, stellar medical care.
Cons
health care system is understaffed makes it difficult to meet the needs of the population adequately
Very friendly hospital to work at.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2016
I volunteered at this hospital and the doctors and nurses from the different departments are really nice and sweet to work with. I learnt how to act around certain patients who need more care and that we have to be patient around them. I learnt alot on different diseases because we had lessons on some nights during the time that i volunteered.
It was a 3 week stage. Great first experience in the medical field
Administration Clerk - Dermatology - School Stage (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec17 May 2016
Learned to great patients, answer calls and book appointments. Work in a team enviorement. Hardest part was to deny patients appointments due to overbooking.
Pros
Working in the hospital
Cons
non
Good opportunities for students looking for Internships
Logistics and Material Intern (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec21 April 2016
I got some experience from this internship. It gave me, not only a greater understanding of what I’ve learned from school happening in a real life, but also the ability to quickly adapt to new environment.
Where I began..
Registered Nurse Hemodialysis (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 January 2016
I've worked at the JGH since the start of my career and has been my 'home base' for 15 years. I will always have good memories to reflect back on of my time there.
Overall good
Orthopédie- secrétaire médicale (Former Employee) –  Orthopaedics2 November 2015
A typical day included booking appointments, document transcription, dictations, helping to fill insurance documents, etc. Dealt with clinics, management and co-workers.Hard part was dealing with the bureaucracy and red tape. The most enjoyable part was knowing that patients were being helped.
Pros
Public relations
Cons
Bureaucracy
productive work and very challenging environment
STERILIZATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  montreal30 December 2014
Working at the Jewish hospital is a challenging and a motivated job and a continous learning process.I have learned new things everyday . on how to be very careful in doing my job with much care and concentration as we are dealing with all kinds of instrument that are being used in all kinds of surgery procedure were the patients health condition is the top priority.
Pros
free lunch during christmas holidays
Cons
long hours of standing pron to strong smell of cleaning solution.
Good Place to Work
Registered Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2015
I great place to work. Staff are helpful and supportive. The hardest part is shift work which is typical of being a nurse but its nice to be able to work 50 % day rotation. I would recommend it as a good place to work.
Pros
Good colleagues and interesting learning opportunities
Cons
Rotating shift work for Nurses
Great and rewarding job.
Administrative Assistant to the Chief of Staff (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2015
It was a treat going into work everyday, working with wonderful doctors and associates. It's always difficult working in a hospital, however they make the time more enjoyable.
Excellent Job Security
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 May 2014
The Jewish hospital is unionized and job security is available however management should be a little more involved.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Late Hours

4.3