Jewish General Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bilingual Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 8, 2012
Pros: races, cultures, languages, religions and creeds are all welcomed to live in harmony at the jgh.
Cons: regain the position and authority of running their own nursing school in quebec.
The JGH is a great healthcare establishment to work with. In my opinion, one of the best hospitals in Quebec. Continuous upgrading in the modern technology industry of healthcare. A leader in healthcare breakthroughs and research. An atmosphere where doctors from around the world come to gain the advantages in their internship and expertise. Whether they are from the Far East or the Western hemisphere. Great spirit of ambiance.
What they need to work on is regaining the position and authority of running their own Nursing School in Quebec. Many of their preposes and orderlies would like to gain the advantage in studies of nursing while continuing to work but are unable to, due to mandated government restrictions. The JGH needs to work around that obstacle. I believe they have the resources to own and operate their School of Nursing minus the governmental legislations. Races, cultures, languages, religions and creeds are all welcomed to live in harmony at the JGH.
Overworked & Underpaid
Medical Secretary (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation
Cons: No room for advancement, static pay, unpaid overtime
The hospital is under heavy budget cuts and it takes a toll on support staff. There are layoffs, forced early retirements, demotions and more. We can't even order letterheads for the Doctors anymore because they are too expensive. We cannot send mail to other doctors, fax only, to save on stamps. Pay is capped and there is nowhere to be promoted to when you are an administrative assistant, only nurses. Management comes from outside of the hospital and did not grow within. All of the clinics are overbooked, there are more patients than doctors and everyone ends up working through lunches and overtime even though we are not paid for the lunch hour and not allowed to clock overtime. Salaries are pre-determined and you can never receive a raise, only a few cents each year due to inflation.
intellectually stimulating and personally rewarding work in helping people in the health care domain.
Social Worker (Current Employee), montreal,qc.June 9, 2012
Pros: multi-disciplinary work, striving for excellence in care, stellar medical care.
Cons: health care system is understaffed makes it difficult to meet the needs of the population adequately
This is an acute care hospital services a multi-cultural and growing elderly population. Its advancing its expertise,research,and services in all areas of hospital care. The focus is primarily to provide excellent patient care. Every service benefits from a multi-disciplinary approach.
In order to work in this domain one has to be compassionate, skilled, a multi-tasker, and a team player.
productive work and very challenging environment
STERILIZATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee), montrealDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch during christmas holidays
Cons: long hours of standing pron to strong smell of cleaning solution.
Working at the Jewish hospital is a challenging and a motivated job and a continous learning process.I have learned new things everyday . on how to be very careful in doing my job with much care and concentration as we are dealing with all kinds of instrument that are being used in all kinds of surgery procedure were the patients health condition is the top priority.
fun place just down the hall is were the babys are born
Housekeeping of patient's rooms and offices (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2012
Pros: you meet new people and sometimes see old faces
Cons: lots of them never go back home again
start with a good morning and then go in the rooms of patients and clean the garbage the the washrooms , say hello if there a wake try and help if need be. I enjoy my work very much and the staff are great makes the day go well if someone is having a hard day we do our best to help them though the day. the most enjoyable part is seeing everyone every weekend
Never a dull moment and enjoy interacting with the patients.
Administrative Agent/Unit Agent (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 17, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation.
Cons: hiring freeze so no permanent positions.
I enjoy working as Unit agent/Receptionist in the Oncology department. I meet and greet the patients who come for chemotherapy. I also arrange and book their follow-up appointments. The hardest part of my job is meeting and getting attached to some great human beings but unfortunately, sometimes their journey comes to an end.
Love to help people, love all my co-workers, even the miserable ones!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 14, 2012
Pros: work environment is enjoyable due to efficient drs and team.
Cons: at the mercy of shifts given
Why did I leave if I love it so much???? He..he...well, the reason is nothing is guaranteed except 4 shifts per 2 weeks. The rest of the time I am on call and am begging for shifts and if I can not do what they offer they do not offer me.....I work well and it was me that decided to leave the hospital.
Love helping people
Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee), Oncology DepartmentFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: overtime
Start every day with a smile...then review the previous shift notes and patients. Cleaning the work environment comes secondary. One has to know where everything is and tidy up, without complaining. This makes the shift a tolerable one!
Take care of patients as they come and make sure efficiency is key. A backlog can cause a lot of issues and make the next shift undesirable!
Amazing staff! Excellent doctors!!
Admistrative Officer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare, staff perks
Cons: working through breaks..lunch..
My 20 years as an employee at the JGH has been an unforgettable learning experience. I feel honored and privileged to have been a part of such a great team. I have the utmost respect for the excellent nurses that i had the pleasure to work with.. We, as a team, always managed to make things work!
Best colleagues, staff and great work environment all around!
Specialized Computerized Technologist (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 5, 2014
I worked at the one of the best hospital in Montreal, Quebec. The Jewish General Hospital is a truly a leader in patient care and medical research. I am proud to be a part of the JGH health care team which does not miss any opportunities to make advances in the medical world and health care.
Overall good
Orthopédie- secrétaire médicale (Former Employee), OrthopaedicsNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Public relations
Cons: Bureaucracy
A typical day included booking appointments, document transcription, dictations, helping to fill insurance documents, etc. Dealt with clinics, management and co-workers.Hard part was dealing with the bureaucracy and red tape. The most enjoyable part was knowing that patients were being helped.
Good Place to Work
Registered Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Good colleagues and interesting learning opportunities
Cons: Rotating shift work for Nurses
I great place to work. Staff are helpful and supportive. The hardest part is shift work which is typical of being a nurse but its nice to be able to work 50 % day rotation. I would recommend it as a good place to work.
Excellent team in the Dietetics department
Dietetics Employee (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 4, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working in the dietetics department, our colleagues were our extended family which made the job all the more easy. Management was approachable and open to employee feedback in making a more efficient work environment.
Exceptional Learning Experience
Emergency Room Administrative Unit Agent (Current Employee), Saint-Luc, QCAugust 23, 2013
Working in an environment that is constantly evolving, you learn to think on your feet and to adapt to change readily. You learn self-motivation while knowing there is a team of employees you can rely on for any necessary support.
Great experience
Medical Council of Canada (Former Employee), Montreal, QCMay 20, 2015
Great work experience at the JGH for Medical Council. I learned how to be a fast-learner, how to be organized and how to be responsible as well. I got the chance to work individually and in a team: it was a great experience.
Great and rewarding job.
Administrative Assistant to the Chief of Staff (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 16, 2015
It was a treat going into work everyday, working with wonderful doctors and associates. It's always difficult working in a hospital, however they make the time more enjoyable.
Amazing and Interesting
Data Entry (Current Employee), montreal,qcJuly 30, 2015
get to help our Doctors with their filing and administrative tasks

help those in the office with whatever they may need help with.

guide those paitients who may be lost or simply need extra aid,.
Jewish General Hospital
Manager of Information Technology (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJanuary 24, 2012
Pros: good job stability
Cons: not to many places to get promoted
This is a great place to work at.
The people I work with are all great people.
The environment is very positive.
good work place that supports their staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 15, 2012
Pros: icu premium, ta that helps you in the icu
Cons: food at the cafeteria is not the best
great place to work, opportunities for advancement, recognize further education.
productive
Filing and office help to the Ombudsman (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 14, 2015
Pros: pleasant working environment, friendly
Learned how to:
Alphabetize and numericize files.
Work with computers
E.g. Data entry, Hospital Software (Opera, Clinibase)