Jewish General Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Filing and office help to the Ombudsman (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 14, 2015
Pros: pleasant working environment, friendly
Learned how to:
Alphabetize and numericize files.
Work with computers
E.g. Data entry, Hospital Software (Opera, Clinibase)
Great experience
Medical Council of Canada (Former Employee), Montreal, QCMay 20, 2015
Great work experience at the JGH for Medical Council. I learned how to be a fast-learner, how to be organized and how to be responsible as well. I got the chance to work individually and in a team: it was a great experience.
Never a dull moment and enjoy interacting with the patients.
Administrative Agent/Unit Agent (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 17, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation.
Cons: hiring freeze so no permanent positions.
I enjoy working as Unit agent/Receptionist in the Oncology department. I meet and greet the patients who come for chemotherapy. I also arrange and book their follow-up appointments. The hardest part of my job is meeting and getting attached to some great human beings but unfortunately, sometimes their journey comes to an end.
productive work and very challenging environment
STERILIZATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee), montrealDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch during christmas holidays
Cons: long hours of standing pron to strong smell of cleaning solution.
Working at the Jewish hospital is a challenging and a motivated job and a continous learning process.I have learned new things everyday . on how to be very careful in doing my job with much care and concentration as we are dealing with all kinds of instrument that are being used in all kinds of surgery procedure were the patients health condition is the top priority.
pleasant environment
nurse (Current Employee), montrealSeptember 23, 2014
im used to working there, people are professional and friendly
Best colleagues, staff and great work environment all around!
Specialized Computerized Technologist (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 5, 2014
I worked at the one of the best hospital in Montreal, Quebec. The Jewish General Hospital is a truly a leader in patient care and medical research. I am proud to be a part of the JGH health care team which does not miss any opportunities to make advances in the medical world and health care.
Amazing staff! Excellent doctors!!
Admistrative Officer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare, staff perks
Cons: working through breaks..lunch..
My 20 years as an employee at the JGH has been an unforgettable learning experience. I feel honored and privileged to have been a part of such a great team. I have the utmost respect for the excellent nurses that i had the pleasure to work with.. We, as a team, always managed to make things work!
I love my job at the Jewish General Hospital
Administrative Officer Class (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 24, 2014
A job that is secure where there`s always room for advancement.
Great workplace , very nice ambiance
Administration Agent Class 4 (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 22, 2014
Very sociable place, you learn something new everyday, management is on point, co-workers are very friendly, hardest part is getting around
Excellent Job Security
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 22, 2014
Pros: comfortable work environment
Cons: late hours
The Jewish hospital is unionized and job security is available however management should be a little more involved.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk- Sick Leave Replacement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2014
Enter Invoices, Suppliers,
File Slips Match Invoices,
Enter Invoices Print Checks,
Work Inside a Department with 8 co-workers.
Love helping people
Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee), Oncology DepartmentFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: overtime
Start every day with a smile...then review the previous shift notes and patients. Cleaning the work environment comes secondary. One has to know where everything is and tidy up, without complaining. This makes the shift a tolerable one!
Take care of patients as they come and make sure efficiency is key. A backlog can cause a lot of issues and make the next shift undesirable!
Great work place
Registered X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 3, 2014
Great Hospital. Great team work. Good place for job advancement and security.
great palce to work
RN (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2013
Busy but stimulating work environment, friendly collegues, helpfull management, safe place to work
Exceptional Learning Experience
Emergency Room Administrative Unit Agent (Current Employee), Saint-Luc, QCAugust 23, 2013
Working in an environment that is constantly evolving, you learn to think on your feet and to adapt to change readily. You learn self-motivation while knowing there is a team of employees you can rely on for any necessary support.
Excellent team in the Dietetics department
Dietetics Employee (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 4, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working in the dietetics department, our colleagues were our extended family which made the job all the more easy. Management was approachable and open to employee feedback in making a more efficient work environment.
PRC
Medical Physicist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 15, 2013
Tell us about:

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
good work place that supports their staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 15, 2012
Pros: icu premium, ta that helps you in the icu
Cons: food at the cafeteria is not the best
great place to work, opportunities for advancement, recognize further education.
Bilingual Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 8, 2012
Pros: races, cultures, languages, religions and creeds are all welcomed to live in harmony at the jgh.
Cons: regain the position and authority of running their own nursing school in quebec.
The JGH is a great healthcare establishment to work with. In my opinion, one of the best hospitals in Quebec. Continuous upgrading in the modern technology industry of healthcare. A leader in healthcare breakthroughs and research. An atmosphere where doctors from around the world come to gain the advantages in their internship and expertise. Whether they are from the Far East or the Western hemisphere. Great spirit of ambiance.
What they need to work on is regaining the position and authority of running their own Nursing School in Quebec. Many of their preposes and orderlies would like to gain the advantage in studies of nursing while continuing to work but are unable to, due to mandated government restrictions. The JGH needs to work around that obstacle. I believe they have the resources to own and operate their School of Nursing minus the governmental legislations. Races, cultures, languages, religions and creeds are all welcomed to live in harmony at the JGH.
fun place just down the hall is were the babys are born
Housekeeping of patient's rooms and offices (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2012
Pros: you meet new people and sometimes see old faces
Cons: lots of them never go back home again
start with a good morning and then go in the rooms of patients and clean the garbage the the washrooms , say hello if there a wake try and help if need be. I enjoy my work very much and the staff are great makes the day go well if someone is having a hard day we do our best to help them though the day. the most enjoyable part is seeing everyone every weekend