Two of Montreal's most exciting events (Weekend to End Women's Cancers and Ride to Conquer Cancer) are hiring a bilingual Volunteer Coordinator. As the Volunteer Coordinator, you make certain that we maintain a group of volunteers and crew members to successfully implement the intricacies of the events.
You've seen the ads; you know the name, learn more by going to www.endcancer.ca and www.conquercancer.ca
- Recruit, manage and retain members of the Crew & Volunteer teams;
- Assess the strengths of your Crew/Volunteers & organize them into teams;
- Lead and manage team members in advance as well as onsite at each event;
- Organize & initiate recruitment campaigns, fulfill direct mail response as well as establish and build relationships with local business, community groups and companies to expand size of committed members;
- Maintain records of recruitment, current number of team members committed to the events and assign positions for on-event jobs.
- Train team members assume on-event responsibilities through public information and training sessions, regular phone communication and email campaigns;
- Work with members of the community to build relationships, garner support & involvement from groups/individuals to help with the event preparation & completion;
- Act as a representative on behalf of the events within the community;
Requirements: (**MUST BE BILINGUAL IN FRENCH/ENGLISH)
- Management experience and success with individual/group recruitment & retention;
- Experience in motivating and supporting people;
- Proven expertise in public speaking and presentation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- History of producing results in stressful situations;
- Ability to work well within a team environment and take a proactive stance in project completion.
Please email your resume and place in the subject line "MOCO2013".
Indeed - 8 months ago
?Launched in September 2009, the JGH Foundation Next Generation Committee, chaired by Avi Krispine and Giancarlo Salvo, is a group of young...