Please help us spread the word!
Summer Employment Opportunities: Fund Development and Marketing Assistants
Jewish Family Services is seeking students to assist with a major fundraising and community education event that will help our agency generate greater philanthropic support and public profile within the community.
The event will be held September 29, 2013 at the SHAW Conference Centre. It involves sale of tickets to a lecture by an international speaker, plus a trade show, silent auction, book signing event, secondary speakers series, gala dinner, and more.
Pending HRSDC funding approval, we will offer these positions for up to 16 weeks @ 35 hours per week. The positions will provide the students with exposure to many aspects of non-profit management and serve as a strong resume credit for those we hire.
Responsibilities assigned to the successful candidate will have a broad range and may include helping to:
- Market the Event to prospective participants including: trade show exhibitors, silent auction donors, speakers and entertainers.
- Develop social media presentations and other promotional materials.
- Organize key preparatory elements to ensure the Event runs smoothly.
- Support volunteer committees assigned to areas such as: volunteer recruitment, gala dinner organization, tradeshow vendors, silent auction, publicity, etc.
- Prepare materials for solicitations.
- Ensure timely publicity via PSAs, News Releases and Web-based advertising.
This position will benefit any student studying Business, Non-profit Management, Marketing, IT Applications, Fundraising, Journalism or Public Relations.
Those interested in applying should possess strong writing and computer skills, knowledge of social media and a commitment to advancing social welfare.
How to Apply:
Resumes and cover letters can be emailed to:
Mike Campbell, Director of Fund Development
Interviewing of potential candidates will begin May 6th, 2013.