Jetco Heavy Duty Lighting is seeking a fiscally responsible, entrepreneurial, and versatile Controller based in our Edmonton office. The Controller will be responsible for the preparation of financial reporting, management of day to day accounting functions, development & implementation of budgets and forecasting, preparation of reports and analysis, and other projects. We are seeking a team-oriented individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with 5+ years of financial experience. The individual should be comfortable communicating and interacting with management, sales teams, and operational staff. Must enjoy working in a fast paced environment and enjoy a variety of tasks. This full-time position has growth opportunities, competitive compensation package, medical/dental benefits.
Jetco Heavy Duty Lighting has over a 25-year history of servicing the heavy duty, heavy equipment, mining, forestry and industrial heavy-duty fleet marketplace. “WE LIGHT THINGS THAT MOVE” is our motto; selling 12V AND 24V vehicle lighting. Our products are sold across North America, with a strong customer base throughout Canada.
As a Controller, reporting to the VP Operations & President, your primary function will be to ensure accurate and timely preparation of the monthly Financial and Operating statements, supervision of accounting staff, and being a leader within the day-to-day operations of the accounting team and the Company.
- Preparation of accurate monthly Financial and Operating reports
- Administer and manage general ledger, payroll, and accounts payable
- Lead, manage, develop, and maintain budgeting and forecasting process
- Preparation of Financial and Operating statements and reports for review by senior management within established time-frames
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of year-end procedures and liaise with external auditors
- Develop, establish, document, and maintain systems, and internal controls to verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data in accordance with legislation
- Mentoring and supervising accounting staff
- Review and maintain efficient level of inventory
- Maintenance of Accounting and related Administrative files
- Develop an excellent working knowledge of Sentai/Trax
- Completed post-secondary education in Accounting
- CMA, CPA, CGA or CA preferred but not required
- Minimum 3-5 years of direct accounting experience
- Advance skills in Excel ; Moderate skills in Power point
- Experience with annual audits
- Strong accounting and analytical abilities
- Proven process improvement experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Experience in a project-work environment
- Enthusiastic leader with proven record of success in managing in a dynamic office setting
- ‘Hands On’ individual
Please send your cover letter and resume by email only by July 15, 2014. With the volume of applicants, we appreciate that no emails or phone calls. Only applicants of interest will be contacted.