JetBlue Airways Corporation

JetBlue Airways Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place
Coordinator Scheduling (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJuly 6, 2013
JetBlue Airways is a great place to work they live by their values, crewmembers have total control of their schedules where they can exchange and be off if someone can take their shifts.
Amazing place to work for.
Work Flow Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2013
Pros: great people.
Funnest place I ever worked for. High level stress during irregular operations, but very satisfying.
Great and positive atmosphere
Customer Service AO/GO/Liaison (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 12, 2013
Pros: fringe benefits
Cons: no cons
Great benefits, travel opportunity. Advancement opportunity are excellent.
BLUE JUICE
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FL MCOJune 7, 2013
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: sometimes long hours
Everyday is exciting!! Travel Benefits are worth it! One of my favorite jobs I've had!
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 21, 2013
Pros: the benefit they have are great
Cons: you stand on your feet all day
I love working for jetblue airways because they are a great company to work for they make sure you are happy and help with any needs you have.
Great customer service and people, good place to work.
Supervisor, Crew Support (Former Employee), SLC, UtahMay 14, 2013
Pros: working from home
Cons: flying standby
I assisted the reservation and airline agents with problems they experienced trying to change reservations, waive fees or honor different fare requests. I enjoyed great support from management in giving me the flexibility to do my job with minimal supervision.
The hardest part of the job was taking escalated calls from customers whose flights had been – more... cancelled, sometimes there was just nothing we could do to reschedule them. – less
Positive and fun place to work
Crew Services/Staffing/Planning (Former Employee), Forest Hills, NYMay 10, 2013
I really enjoyed my time working at JetBlue. Management and employees fully embrace the company's values on a daily basis and it is a really positive and fun place to work. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and tremendous support and camaraderie among employees.
Easy going and fun
Material Specialist (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 7, 2013
Pros: free lunches, friendly co-workers, great management
Cons: too laid back, not enough work for a full days work.
jetBlue is a great company to work for with awesome pay and even better benefits.
Friendly work enviornment with Ping Pong Table
Ground Operations Team Member (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 6, 2013
Pros: flying benefits, great sense of community around the workplace
Cons: working in the elements, health insurance
I am a part time which means my shifts are five hours. A usual workload is three "Turns" which means arrival and departure. We offload the luggage from the inbound flight and upload the baggage for the departing flight. It is hard work because the cargo bins are only about four feet in height. Most of the time we are on our knees and duck our heads – more... not to hit the ceiling which has metal grates which can cause injury.
I learned the core values of JetBlue; Saftey, Caring, Integrity, Fun, Passion. Saftey is number one at the airport, if we see anything suspicious such as an unattended suitcase we are instructed to call the State Police. JetBlue has a Care Team which is in charge of raising funding for crewmembers who are in need. Most recently they held a collection for a coworker whose house burned down in a fire. I see integrity every time I step onto an aircraft, flight attendants find all sorts of belongings that are left on the plane and JetBlue prides itself on returning all items to the correct owner. I have personally found a credit card in a seat back pocket while helping the flight attendants clean and returned it to the rightful owner. I learned that you must have fun at work, what I mean is enjoy your work and be positive towards your coworkers. Finally passion, I am passionate about my work and how I always want to put forth my best effort.
We have a Ramp Manager, he is friendly, attentive, and he is always in his office. He is there to assist the crewmembers in any way possible.
Hardest part of the job is working outside, snow, sleet, hail, rain, wind.
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers enjoy their vacation. – less
Great company to work for. Great management and incredible benefits. Very flexible. Love that you have a chance to grow within the company.
Airport Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 6, 2013
Pros: benefits, advancements, perks, flexibility
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work is meetings before each shift with managers/supervisors. You never do the same job everyday. If working at the counter I carry the money to the counter, open the counter to check customers in. Set up counter with info of the flights and proper signs of security. Check customers in, secure flight by reviewing authentic credentials, – more... reserve flights, make accommodations, handle baggage with care, provide proper ticketing and tags to customers, while keeping an upbeat, positive and friendly personality.
If working at the gate, I will look up inbound flight details so we can accommodate any customers needing assistance. Accommodate those customers on the outbound flight with big groups and those that need extra assistance. Set up gate, set up outside for inbound flight, set up to clean aircraft. Make sure to be accessible to those customers with questions and help. Once aircraft arrives make sure every customer is off , service aircraft briefly but efficiently being aware of the outbound flight time of departure. Make announcements of procedures in the terminal/waiting area, board flight for on-time departure, close flight after knowing/checking if everyone is on board. Make paperwork of flight details and any issues. File paperwork and breakdown the gate. This is while keeping a good pace, smile, upbeat personality and positive attitude. – less
Productive and fun
Airport Operations Crew (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2013
Conducted check-in process for customers via computer. Tags, lifts, and handles customer luggage. Announced flight arrivals, departures, and pre-boarding information via the public address system. Meet and assist with flight arrivals and departures. Coordinate various duties with coworkers and other depts. to ensure proper handling of customers.
People
BlueCity Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: job security
The people are definitely what sets JetBlue apart from the competition. It is because of the people I worked with that I looked forward to going to work every morning.
The daily work of a Materiel Specialist
Materiel Specialist (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYMarch 27, 2013
Pros: free flights, and discounted international flights, great co-workers
Cons: short breaks, median pay, mangement issues
A typical day of work would include us reviewing our emails, servicing technicians at our windows, distributing parts to other Jetblue cities through our aircraft. We recieve parts into our system daily and we sent out repairs daily to our busines partners as well. We pay attention to the allocation of our parts to support the night workload of Jetblue – more... planes that may need MX work. – less
Family
Station Liaison (Former Employee), west palm beach, floridaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: dedication.motivation, effectiveness a great attitude
Cons: delays, long hours, no team players
Diversity, personalities, we as humans learn everyday a new facet in life. My passion for people goes above and beyond. I love what I do and it is the most important thing to start your day with a positive attitude and motivation. If you work as sa team nothing will be imposible, include your team mates on what you do as we learn from each other. Live – more... teh golden rule of life. Help your customers to help you provide for them – less
Fun but Fast Paced
Ground Operations Lead (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: travel, co-workers
Cons: management
Great people to work for. You will work hard but the co-workers will make up for it. If you like to travel this is the place for you
Very flexible work enviorment, wonderful perks
Customer Service Ground Operations Expediter (Current Employee), JFK Airport Terminal 5March 12, 2013
This is a good job. My work day is pretty much routine, more physical than mental. Management is okay, I work with a lot of great people. The hardest part of my day are the outdoor environments (ex. weather). The most enjoyable part of my job are the benefits. I fly for free anywhere jetblue flies.
Great enviorment
Baggage Handler (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMarch 4, 2013
great workplace with a different challenge everyday, handled luggages loading and unloading from the aircraft made sure all luggages was accounted for.
Amazing culture, caring leadership, great company
Project Manager/Sr. Leadership Facilitator (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYFebruary 26, 2013
I can't see enough great things about JetBlue. The senior leadership are personable and care deeply about having a very direct relationship with employees. It's a great culture, and we talk about "blue juice" and the values constantly.
NA
Recruiter (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYFebruary 20, 2013
It is a good company. Great benefits and a strong sense of involvement in the team.
Fun Fun Fun and Productive
Airport Operation, Ground Operation (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: the party's
work the ramp as a lead with a crew of six make sure all luggage and mail are in correct aircraft, learned fast pace environment with safety first, great cool managements one of the best job i had, the best crew ever, hardest part cancelled flight due to snow in another state,
the best part is employees day we got massages,hair cut nail done for the – more... lady's and free food, miss this job – less

About JetBlue Airways Corporation

JetBlue Airways Corporation (JetBlue) is a passenger airline that provides customer service primarily on point-to-point routes. – Read more

JetBlue Airways Corporation Photos