JetBlue Airways Corporation

JetBlue Airways Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Innovative Company.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: disregard for safety and poor management
Loved the position as a flight attendant. The travel benefits were excellent, and pay scale was very competitive.
The management was lacking, as company tended to promote through nepotism, cronyism and attendance as sole factors. This resulted in inexperienced and grossly unqualified middle management. I was asked to be a supervisor on numerous occasions – more... and declined, due to the relocation requirement. On a yearly company review of employees, the inflight department always scored the lowest, and the major issues complained about were middle management. The company was vastly different when the company started and was ran by the initial CEO, this changed dramatically after a hostile takeover. The airline provides excellent customer service, to the point of disregarding safety and government regulations. The experiences learned and gained while working at this airline are tremendous and useful. The most difficult part of my job was inconsistencies within the company. – less
good customer services
Reservation Sales Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: movie tickets, gift cards
Cons: non
wonderful management.fun at job,breaks, lunch is good.i had a wonderfu co-workers. i learn how to be patient, i loved there recogntion award
Great place to work at.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2014
JetBlue Airways is a great company that provides a lot of options and opportunities to grow professionally wise. Excellent work environment and great culture.
Great place for a few years
Manager (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: work you like a dog.
No career advancements.

The cost model of JetBlue dictates that you must hire excellent talent at a below market rates. Every few years eradicate the top tier of your salary earners and replace them with inexperienced or youth who are eager to learn. This cycle must continue, unfortunately this also means your being lead ultimately by at least 50% – more... of your leaders who have no experience. Coming into JetBlue, you've got to be a finished product because you will not receive training here.

Flight benefits are awesome but there is some massive turnover right now. – less
Not a productive department within JetBlue
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 1, 2014
- Conduct inventory at JFK and other 8 Material cities.
- Operation of Materials, Supply Chain
- Middle management does not support workforce
- Morale is so bad my co-workers treat work just as a paycheck
- Travel benefits
Productive work place with advancement to grow as the company grows.
MATERIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: free time to learn more about the job
Cons: short breaks
Job duties comes in variety of ways and I tend to try and enjoy my Job no matter what it is, a job is a job and I use my knowledge, skills and training to apply to the duties. I normally find ways to let my day at work go easy, be friendly, humble to coworkers, be aggressive to my duties and ensure it is done in a timely matter. I try not to get in – more... management way at work as they have their duties to perform unless I have too. My coworkers I try and get acquainted to as it at times will make our atmosphere a little more comfortable to work in. The hardest part of a job for me is the not know of or where to go and how to get things done. The most enjoyable part is to know I make a difference and the job results is satisfying to my effort and I am with it also. – less
Busy environment with great people
Materiel Coordinator/Planner (Current Employee), Jamaica New York (JFK International Airport)January 29, 2014
A typical day at JetBlue includes reading and responding emails, monitoring aircraft inventory using our Inventory Management software and interacting with multiple departments in an attempt to balance our stock. The people at JetBlue makes this process easier with their easy going persona and willingness to help. The hardest part of the day would be – more... juggling multiple projects from management to finish in a timely manner. – less
Wonderful place to work
Airport Operations (Current Employee), AiportJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: travel, decent pay, great co workers.
Cons: hard to be promoted
Coworkers are great. Fun job with nice travel perks. Hardest part is customers being rude for delays. Other than that Jetblue is a wonderful company to work for and they care about their employees
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dulles, VAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: had to work outside on hot, cold and rainy days
I loved working here. I liked talking to the different passengers and helping them with their needs
Every Day Is Different
Airport Operations Lead (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 8, 2014
This Carreer is a path where everyday is different the base is the same however always new and different aspects. I manage a team which changes everyday I am confident and multi task as I am always on the go.
More of an in-between jobs kind of position
Airport Operations Agent (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: hours, salary, advancement
The company used to be what every airline should model after, but after they began to grow, they turned into every other airline. You get free flight benefits, but the pay and hours are awful. There ins't room for advancement here in Denver. You would have to relocate to NYC if you can figure out how to survive on $12 an hour in Queens.
Fun, Exciting,Warm
Engineer, Telecommunications (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 22, 2013
Pros: great managment, fun work place enviroment, excellent team
Cons: not the best compansation for work done, (i.e. better pay at most other companies)
JetBlue was an excellent company to work for. The culture in JetBlue specifically the contact center was almost a family type business. Working for them for the 8 years or so was something I was planning on doing for the foreseeable future. When they outsourced their IT department to Verizon I stayed on with Verizon almost as a way to make sure JetBlue – more... received the best support I was able to give them. – less
Progressive,fun, and a lot of team work
Ground Operator/Ticket Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
Pros: professional relationships
Cons: weather conditions sometimes
Typical day as a ground operative would intel loading and offloading baggage, pushing out aircrafts. As a ticket Agent would intel customer service. Assigning people to flights and lading their baggage.
Learned how to work with many personalities by leading crews through our objectives of the shift. Booking flights for customers on Jetblue computer – more... systems. How to push out various aircrafts in every form of good or bad weather you can name.
Management had its pros and cons. Some managers were great others subpar.
Great co workers, I was a lead of my crew so I would choose hard workers like myself.
The weather would be the hardest, but still get he job done.
Most enjoyable part was the people you get to bond with everyday. – less
while working in jetblue airways i have learned that the airlines buissness is a very small comunity where we all look out for each other thats were t
Ground Operations Crew Member (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 21, 2013
My typical day at work, arriving at my work station shaking all my fellow crewmembers hands and finding my group and seeing what are our tasks for the day, I have learned that in this field you need to be very very safety orientaded an accident can occour in a blink of an eye, I have very good communication with management very great team, my co-workers – more... are great, the hardest part ofmy job is somewhat physical, the part that I enjoy the most is seeing our hard work paying off as our flights leave on time and costermers are happy. – less
One of the best job experiences of my life
Airport Operations (Former Employee), Ponce, PRNovember 6, 2013
Pros: service oriented industry
Cons: overnight shift conflicted with my pastoral ministry
JetBlue's Corporate culture is awesome. I am very thankful that I had the chance to work for them. It was sad for me to leave this job, but the red-eye hours where taking a toll on my health because I was working a a Pastor also.
My co-workers where great and very helpful. This job gave me the opportunity to look at the airline from another point of – more... view. Now I have a better understanding of the complexities this are has.
This job gave me lots of opportunities to help customers with tickets sales, baggage, boarding people with special needs, and other. – less
Great People company
Manager Heavy Maintenance (Former Employee), NYCNovember 1, 2013
Very active day

Small airline with everyone having many duties . Everyone chipped in to help where needed.
Safety
Inflight Crewmember (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 29, 2013
My work is great and I am able to have a work life balance. With my traveling benefits I am able to travel for free.
productive and fun work place
Specialist Materials (Former Employee), Queens, NYOctober 27, 2013
Stocking/Rec/Picking & packing of airplane parts,answering phones. i learned how much goes into the upkeep of a airline.
Very little opportunity for advancement with in the company
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYOctober 24, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: job security, sometimes it feels like they are looking for any reason to fire you.
Generally fun work environment. Co-Workers in general of great to work with. However, very difficult to advance within the company or explore other career options with in the cooperate division of the company.
you above all
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Juan, PROctober 21, 2013
As an Airline they truly try to help the passenger out. As an employee your co workers become your family

About JetBlue Airways Corporation

JetBlue Airways Corporation (JetBlue) is a passenger airline that provides customer service primarily on point-to-point routes. – Read more

JetBlue Airways Corporation Photos