Jet Power & Controls is currently seeking apprentice and certified Journeyman Welders to join our Penticton team on a full time (day) basis.
The position will include (but is not limited to):
- Production welding
- Service & repair welding
- Prototype building
- Fitter welding
- Operating brazing and soldering equipment;
- Conducting repairs, modifications and retrofits.
As a member of our team, your responsibilities will include the fabrication of custom prototypes from supplied drawings, fabrication of custom jigs and fixtures to produce production parts that meet unique customer specifications, and the fabrication of metal structures using jigs and fixtures- all in a fast paced environment.
You will be required to use a variety of hand tools, machinery and equipment used to manufacture metal products.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, willing to work with Supervisors and Lead Hands to ensure continuous improvements using MIG, ARC and TIG welding processes.
- Ability to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions;
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills;
- Excellent decision making ability and judgement;
- Core competencies;
- Mathematical reasoning;
- Ability to coach and mentor when required;
- Excellent communication skills;
- High energy levels with the ability to handle stress effectively;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- High school diploma or GED (or equivalent)
- Must be registered as a second or third year apprentice welder;
- Valid welding certification (GMAW and SMAW)
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Possess a valid driver’s licence.
- Computer literate
Safety Equipment will be required (steel toed boots, safety glasses/goggles).
Jet Power & Controls offers competitive wages and has an excellent group benefit package. Salary will be commensurate with experience.